Software/Data Architect in charge of the Offering Management system, a custom system managing DISH’s highly complex product catalog. Design solutions based on requirements from multiple stakeholders. Manage prioritization and communication. Collaborate with other architects on interactions between systems and how the Offering Management system fits into the overall strategic architecture. Moved the status from “waiting on architecture” to “waiting on development”. Provide leadership within the Data Architecture team, specifically in developing a technology strategy.
- Data Architect at DISH
- Expert Data Architect at Nike World Headquarters
- Data Architect at Fiserv
- Data Architect at WebMD Health Services
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Data Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Responsible for technical data governance, enterprise wide data modeling and database design and developed multi-dimension data models to support BI solutions developed as well as other common industry data from external systems.
• Working with business partners and team members, gather and analyze requirements translating these into solutions for database designs supporting transactional system data integration, reports, spreadsheets, and dashboards.
• Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data base using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
• Responsible for Big data initiatives and engagement including analysis, brainstorming, POC, and architecture.
• Implemented Kafka High level consumers to get data from Kafkapartitions and move into HDFS
• Loaded data into Hive Tables from Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) to provide SQL access on Hadoop data
• Created Complex SSAS cubes with multiple Fact and Measure groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
• Advanced information management and new data processing techniques may be applied to extract the value locked up in this data called Hadoop (HDFS) along with processing large data sets in parallel across a Hadoop cluster and the utilization of Hadoop MapReduce framework.
• Created SSAS tabular semantic model in Direct Query mode with multiple partitions, KPI's, hierarchies and calculated measures using DAX as per business requirements.
• Designed facts and dimension tables and defined relationship between facts and dimensions with Star Schema and Snowflake Schema in SSAS.
• Worked with project management, business teams and departments to assess and refine requirements to design/develop BI solutions using MS Azure.
• Researched and developed hosting solutions using Azure and other 3rd party hosting and software as a service solution.
• Used Spark streaming to receive real time data from the Kafka and store the stream data to HDFS using Scala and NoSql databases such as HBase and Cassandra.
• Used SQL on the new AWS Databases like Redshift and Relation Data Services and orked with various RDBMS like Oracle 11g, SQL Server, DB2 UDB, and Teradata 14.1, Netezza.
• Created SQL tables with referential integrity and developed SQL queries using SQL Server and Toad
• Worked with Azure Machine Learning, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics, PivotTables working with up to 140 million-record, multi-table, data sets in SQL (MS SQL Server, SAS Proc SQL, etc.)
• Created Tabular Data Models and implemented POWER BI for POC in Share Point Environment
• Partnered directly with the Data Architect, clients, ETL developers, other technical data warehouse team members and database administrators to design and develop high performing databases and maintain consistent data element definitions
• Involved with data profiling for multiple sources and answered complex business questions by providing data to business users.
• Created logical and physical data models using Erwin and reviewed these models with business team and data architecture team.
• Transformed Logical Data Model to Physical Data Model ensuring the Primary Key and Foreign key relationships in PDM, Consistency of definitions of Data Attributes and Primary Index considerations.
• Created SQL scripts to find data quality issues and to identify keys, data anomalies, and data validation issues.
• Responsible for full data loads from production to AWS Redshift staging environment and responsible for creating Hive tables, loading data and writing hive queries.
• Designed different type of STAR schemas for detailed data marts and plan data marts in the OLAP environment.
• Produced and enforced data standards and maintain a repository of data architecture artifacts and procedures.
• Provides architectures, patterns, tooling choices and standards for master data and hierarchy life cycle management. Environment: Erwin 9.6, Informatica v10, Power Pivot, SQL, Microsoft Azure, MS Excel, MS Visio, Rational Rose, SSAS, Pig, Hive, CSV files, Hadoop, MongoDB, HBase, Kafka, Sqoop, AWS S3, AWS EMR, AWS Redshift, Python, XML files, Linux, AWK, Aginity, Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle12c.
- Sr. Data Architect at Data Modeler
- Sr. Data Architect at Data Modeler
- Sr. Data Modeler/Data Analyst at Data Modeler
- Data Analyst at Data Modeler
1 year, 9 months at this Job
Synchrony Financial is one of the latest bank and financial company of United States created from the spin-off of GE Capital from the parent company GE. As a Data Architect, I am engaged in providing data modeling and database designing tasks to its various projects and applications like Care Credit, mApply, Merchant Suspend projects and Consumer Center, ebill and eTail applications. Headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, IGATE is an IT services firm engaged in providing processes and technology integrated solutions to its clients.
• To assist Synchrony Financial in establishing itself as a successful independent banking and financial business spin-off of GE by establishing its IT services.
• Attend and organize meetings with participants including PM, business and system team members and DBAs to gather their data requirements and to explain them about the standards and guidelines.
• Reverse engineered models from existing databases.
• Forward engineering, including schema and environment generation in virtual systems using automated techniques in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Updated the existing Data Models as per project needs.
• Designed Conceptual and Logical Data Model (LDM) and coordinated their implementations with DBAs
• Used Oracle, SQL Server and SQL query and verify the models and database.
• Prepare standard documents and guidelines for establishing the organizational procedures.
• Work in the banking and financial Vertical of IT System and understand the business needs of Synchrony Financial Bank.
• Work with onsite and offshore development teams and provided necessary coordination.
• Define reporting requirements and provide high level system design.
• Work with business and user groups in obtaining their requirements and convert it to IT requirements to communicate it to IT team.
• Analyze source data, validate system outputs and derive suitable source for reporting data.
• Used Pivot Tables in SQL Server for reporting to get relevant customer information without straining Name Value Pair Tables. Environment: AWS, ERwin Data Modeler, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SalesForce, SQL, Shell Scripting. Professional Experience
- Data Architect at Synchrony Financial / GE Capital / IGATE
- Data Designer / Architect at State Farm / HTC Global Services
- Data Architect at Meijer
- Senior Datawarehouse Architect at TIAA-CREF
4 years, 7 months at this Job
I work on the AMSIS replacement project for the FAA. This project will replace a mostly manual process for certifying medical suitability for various personnel in the aviation industry. This replacement project is under development using the complete Microsoft Stack including the .Net framework and Sql Server database engine. As a data architect for the project my major duties are to identify legacy data for migration and creating the targets for this migrated data. Along the way I am preparing the logical, and physical data models to prepare the target environment for the legacy, migrated data along with the new data that will be created by the AMSIS application.
- Data Architect / Scientist IV at TetraTech - The new AMSIS Project for the FAA
- at CMS - Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- at The National Archives Modernization Project
- Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft Corp
6 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science (AAS) - Executive Systems Planning
- DGS - databases
Developed the business plan, marketing plan, marketing strategies and operational procedures Strategic Trader. Performed data analysis and market research for various instruments. As part of my technical improvement, attended numerous training sessions for Data Modeling and Data Architecture. Mar 2015 - Jun 2016 USPTO Alexandria, VA Performed Database model reviews based on enhancement of existing models. Reversed engineered existing models to add new entities and relationship. Supported development team with implementation issues. Worked with developers to ensure requirement and objectives were met. Performed analysis, user requirement for new projects. Developed Logical and Physical Models for new projects. Developed several star schemas for USPTO reporting group. Performed data model conversion from IBM Data Architect to ER Studio.
- IBM Data Architect at Business Intelligence Tech, Inc
- at Business Intelligence Tech, Inc
- Data Architect/ Data Analyst/Data Modeler and Business Process Analyst at Department of the Treasury
- Data Architect and Business Process Analyst/ Project Lead at AARP
4 months at this Job
- Masters - Information Systems
- Bachelor - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Collected requirements for the new subscription management platform from analysts, business owners, subject matter experts and the system architect. Designed the logical model for the full set of business entities: customer, product, offer, order, subscription, incentives, fulfillment and billing. Following a thorough review and signoff of the logical model, proceeded with the full implementation of the three hundred table physical model. Developed standards for new implementations and set up a review process for extensions of legacy databases for consistency with the standards and the logical model.
• Performed extensive analyses of the full set of legacy systems, identifying the sources for the various subject areas and evaluating their data quality. Built out the full data dictionary and defined the necessary mapping, transformation, data quality, precedence and merging rules. Loaded a real-time operational data store for the core entities from all relevant sources using real time, event driven PL/SQL processes, satisfying the data migration requirements for the new platform.
- Data Architect at Dow Jones
- Data Architect at Distributed Objects Corp
- Director of Architecture at Global Equity Linked Technology, Merrill Lynch
- Director, Structured Products Sales & Marketing, Equity Linked Technology at Merrill Lynch
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.S. - Computer Science
- B.A. - Economics
• Upgrade and new development utilizing Business Objects frontend reporting tools (worked in version 4.0).
• Production support and new development on existing SAP R/3 and BW implementations, HANA Development - Experience Company: Crown Equipment Corporation Sept, 2018- Present Position: SAP Data Architect ◦ Developing Strategic Plan for Archiving in SAP. Extensive interaction with business and technology stakeholders to establish an Archive Plan which will lead to a Reporting Strategy.
- SAP Data Architect at Crown Equipment Corporation
- BW Architect/HANA Developer at Xcel Energy
- Senior BW Architect/Lead Consultant at Shell Chemicals
- SAP BW Financial Reports Consultant at Reliant Energy
4 months at this Job
- M.Sc. - Engineering Management
- B.Sc. - Engineering Admin
- B.Sc. - Electrical Eng
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of data to help automate for self-monitoring, self-diagnosing, self-correcting solutions and optimize key processes.
• Creating data architecture design, development, maintenance for Windows and Android device applications.
• Responsible for designing, creating, interpreting and management of large datasets to achieve business goals.
• Evaluated datasets for accuracy and quality.
• Performed data updates, indexing, and maintenance in application database.
• Collaborated with Business Owners to develop key business questions and to build datasets that answer those questions.
• Help to implement new data management strategies and re-structure of the current data architecture.
• Processed and updated third party data source
• Developing Logical Data Architecture with adherence to Enterprise Architecture.
• Developing machine learning models using concepts of regression, random forest, boosting, GBM, NNs, HMMs, CRFs, MRFs, deep learning.
• Developed and maintained data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purpose.
• Provide technical & requirement guidance to the team members.
• Participated in Business meetings to understand the business needs & requirements.
• Participated in stakeholders meetings to understand the business needs & requirements.
• Participated in Architect solution meetings & guidance in Dimensional Data Modeling design.
• Coordinate and communicate with technical teams for any data requirements. Environment: Machine learning, AWS, MS Azure, HDFS, Pig, Linux, Tableau, Python (Scikit-Learn/Scipy/Numpy/Pandas)
- Data Architect at CVS Health
- Data Analyst /Machine Learning Engineer at FedEx
- Data Analyst at AutoZone
- Data Analyst / Data Modeler at Mega Switchgears
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Engineering
As a data architect for Dominion, primary responsibilities include the following:
• Data Modeling
• Data Integration
• Stored Procedure/Trigger Development
• Data Transformation
• Performance Monitoring and Tuning Proficient in DB2, SQL Sever and Oracle. Hands on experience developing OLTP and OLAP data models on all DBMS'. Hands on experience as a DBA, Data Integrator, Data Conversion, Capacity Planning, and stored procedure and trigger development. Hands on experience as a DBA, Data Conversion, Data Integration and stored procedure and trigger development on SQL Server.
- Data Architect/Data Modeler at Dominion Data Services Incorporated
- Adjunct Professor at Dominion Data Services Incorporated
- Data Architect at PCMS
- Senior Technical Specialist at Kroger
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.B.A. - Computer Based Information Systems
Description: Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure services for Moody's Analytics.
• Functioned as data architect for key roadmap projects such as One Ratings Platform (ORP), Analytic Harmonization and Sharing (AHS), Growth Attribution
• Established Corporate Standards and Best Practices in the Data Management space
• Provided guidance to solution development teams in accordance with best practices and standards
• Participated in design sessions to understand business and functional/ non-functional requirements to apply appropriate patterns and practices
• Established and used Big Data environment comprising of Hadoop (HDFS), Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and MongoDB to ingest social media sentiment data
• Facilitated data architecture working sessions across solution, infrastructure and operation teams
• Identified business opportunities for applying leading and emerging data technologies
• Provided guidance to business, solution development and operations team in applying leading and emerging data technologies
• Technologies: Oracle 12c, Embarcadero ER Studio 11.0, Composite DVL, Tableau, MongoDB, Informatica MDM, Data Quality, Apache Spark, HDFS, Apache Kafka, Hive
- Senior Data Architect (AVP) at Moody's Investor Services
- Lead Data Architect at Citigroup
- Project Manager at MindTree, New Jersey
- Data Architect at MindTree, New Jersey
2 years at this Job
- PG Diploma in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence - Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science