Data Center Engineer
Ztsystems, Hillsboro, OR
2018 – Present
Working with Microsoft to build and maintain 2 new data centers. Primary contact for the project team and working remotely from Microsoft. Performing audits to ensure items are fully received and locations documented. Racking servers and routers to Microsoft specifications. Cabling and labeling to Microsoft standards and specifications. Providing 24x7 critical support, communicating via Email, Phone, Text, and Microsoft Teams. Ensuring data centers are clean and cables are organized and velcroed.
• First contact for new data center builds. Has had oversight of project from start to production.
• Managing team schedules to ensure tickets are completed within SLA time.
- Data Center Engineer at ZT Systems
- Data Center Engineer at Cerner
- Unit Test Analyst at Cerner
- Level 1 Engineer at ISPN
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information System Security - Information System Security
- Associates - Computer Networking Systems
* Data Center Engineer: Contracted to work at the United Airlines Tier 4 Data Center. Where I have enhansed my engineering abilities, and adapted to the firm guidelines of the New Data Center's (NDC) policies and standards. Below is a short-list of current responsibilities at United Airlines. * Responsible for creating POD environments(Development, Production, High Security, and Storage): Cabinets builds, whip installations, CDU install, racking equipment*, running cable(Single and Multi-Mode Fiber and Copper) to name just a few tasks involved in setting up a POD envirionment. * Monitoring system operations and administer IT solutions to ensure servers, hard drives, and other data center equipment function efficiently. * Monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving complex network and computer system issues. * Maintaining internal network structure of a data center by managing routers and keeping them running. * *Installing, configuring, and maintaining switches, routers, extenders, servers, firewalls, and hard drives. ✓ Cisco, HP/Unisys, Gigamon, Apcon, NetApp, Google, Teradata, IBM, Oracle, Dell/EMC to name a few of the companies' devices. * Troubleshooting network systems to identify and fix performance issues. * Providing solutions to complex problems on the integration of various technologies. * Designing plans as well as lead initiatives for the optimization and restructuring of network architecture. * Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of network administration and firmware integration. * Monitoring the environmental conditions of a data center to ensure they are optimum for servers, routers, and other devices. * Performing system repairs and update software/operating systems. * Calibrating and monitoring data center servers to ensure efficient performance. * Collaborating with IT handlers, sales, and data center managers to develop action plan for improved operations. * Organizing floor space that harbor data center equipment to allow for easy accessibility. * Resolving operational, infrastructure or hardware incidents in a data center. * Created/Coded a data center cable lengths measurer (Determines proper cable lengths from port to port). * Experienced in using Fluke testing devices for copper and fiber integrity.
- DATA CENTER ENGINEER at United Airlines - New Data Center
- OWNER SENIOR BROKER / TRADER at STE Strategy Trading Group
- SENIOR BROKER / TRADER at B. Money Inc
- SENIOR CLERK at HG Trading
2 years at this Job
- High school
• Onsite engineer for Fidelitys 24 hour Data center/critical rooms operation
• Respond to any alarms throughout the shift and troubleshoot accordingly
• Perform daily rounds of all UPS, UPS battery rooms, Static switches,Generators/GPS boards, EPO systems, Pre action systems, and critical room CRAC units to make sure all are working normally Work with and inspect all repairs and maintenance done by outside vendors Run monthly Generator load tests and transfer loads to gens via GPS board and ATS Transfer sources with Static switches, as well as placing UPS systems in bypass or moving their respected load to other UPS systems for maintenance by outside contractors. Also assist with racking breakers in and out for monthly testing Work with Eatons foreseer and Schneider TAC building management system to monitor all HVAC and electrical equipment, as well as rotate chiller plant chillers, pumps, and cooling towers Work with service now opening and closing work orders for all work done throughout the data center Work with Fidelitys computer technicians with powering up their servers and equipment, installing circuits/outlets for them when needed, as well as disabling pre action and halon systems for them when working within the data center and raised floor
- Data center engineer at Fidelity Investments
- Building engineer at CBRE
- Residential electrician at JSK Electric
- Residential electrician at JSK Electric
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Home Depot Network Data Center Engineer (NAL) 2018 - Present Company Overview - Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement retailer with over 100 billion in annual sales and has enterprise level 24/7 missions critical, high availability network that supports 400,000+ employees, spread over 2,000 major retail locations with average location size of 60,000+ sq. ft including a major ecommerce site handling over 1.58 billion in customer transactions internationally and multiple data centers. * Member of a global engineering team responsible for the overall network infrastructure with heavy focus on data center technologies along with WAN connectivity and escalated support of retail locations. * General team responsibilities included but not limited to design review, implementation/deployment, administration including proactive monitoring/analysis, documentation/compliance and escalated Tier 2/3 ticket resolution * Primary responsibilities focused on design review and implementation of enterprise technologies along with testing/validation of enterprise LAN/WAN technologies located in data center environments. * Secondary responsibilities included handling critical change requests, Tier 2/3 escalated tickets, documentation, monitoring of both LAN/WAN technologies at both data center, corporate and retail locations. * Primary technologies includes core switches including the full range of Nexus from 2k, 5k, 7k and 9k, core routes including the Cisco ASRs, security including firewalls such as Palo Alto along with VPN and authentication. * Additional technologies including but not limited to load balancing, virtualization, edge routers, switches and firewalls, along with wireless and WAN circuits using monitoring tools such as solar winds
- Network Data Center Engineer (NAL) at Home Depot
- Senior Network Engineer at Chime Solutions
- Contractor at Cisco Systems
- Analysis/Engineer (SA/ITPM) at IBM Corporation
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
Daily Data Center Responsibilities: Just starting to Configure ports for console and network First level physical hardware break fix on systems in the data center during business hours. On-call for after hour support on P1 tickets that is raised. Work on tickets assigned by hardware engineer such as; installing connecting new hardware per the Visio design into racks from the engineers. Assign proper IP, subnet, and gateways address to each server installed from the bios. Manage power usage per a rack so it does not exceed the power distribution from the PDU. Work on tickets provide by the command center for break fix hardware replacements such as, hard drives, power supplies, memory, processors, fiber channel, Ethernet cards, and system controller modules. Management Inventory control. Daily shipping and receiving of materials and hardware that is used by the data center. I maintain a 95 percent accuracy of the inventory by quarterly inventory control audits by physical counts of materials in the storage and updating our inventory software. Provide monthly numbers of materials that are low and needs replenishment in our storage room. Shipping of server leased up and hardware returns to vendors and tracking shipments towards final destination.
- Data Center Engineer at Netapp Inc.
- Test Technician at Oracle Inc.
- Order Coordinator / IT at Save Mart Supermarkets Inc
- Data Center Technician at Materials In Motion Inc
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - computers
• Responsible for overseeing the implementation of advanced hyperconverged data centers as well as traditional data center services such as route, switch and compute, and also Cloud based solutions.
• Create and manage implementation methodologies and training for teams.
• Manage delivery practice engineers.
- Senior Data Center Engineer at Tech Data
- Senior Network Architect at Headwaters, Inc
- Network Engineer IV at Utah Valley University
- Network Manager at Christensen and Jensen
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Network Security and Forensics (not completed)
- Actively participates in project initiation through implementation. Using MS Office software, prepares and issues project planning and control documents. Lead project manager for the installation of 16 Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) for existing Power Distribution Units (PDU). This was done without impacting the production load for IT computing resources. - Assists Facility Manager to achieve operating efficiency to meet and exceed benchmark expectations, achieving the highest rating on annual data center assessment. - As Senior Engineer on shift, initiates and executes emergency actions to save critical load during equipment failure or bad weather conditions. Updates senior management as needed. - Supervises Engineers on shift for work related tasks and coaching resulting in high quality work. - Responsible and single point of contact for all contract related tasks of major equipment like Fire Life Safety (FLS) with vendors to ensure adherence to standards and regulation. Initiated tracking system to improve contract performance. - Prepares Critical Facility Work Authorizations, Standard Operation Procedures, and all Change Management Items of IT to maintain highest system availability. - Uses PMI procedures and ITIL processes to make our procedures efficient and lean. - Initiated and Implemented site binder for disaster recovery where all program information and passwords of critical systems are attached. Performs equipment degradation trend analysis. - Analyzes systems and identifies single points of failure in data center, implementing corrective actions. Operates and maintains critical, high-availability data center building engineering-related equipment and systems, comprised of 89,895 sq. ft. including 4 computer rooms (51,851 sq. ft. raised floor), and 2300+ servers. The environmental plant consists of six, 1.75MW emergency generators, 5.9MW of UPS, 2,186 Tons of cooling. - Chairs the Data Center Green Committee. Performed analysis, made recommendations, and led the implementation of upgrade projects that resulted in the utilization of environmental resources in a more efficient manner, achieving a 8.7% energy reduction in 2012 and a Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) improvement from 2.10 in 2008 to 1.70 in 2013. Performed testing and research to determine most cost effective times to operate chillers and ice systems. Presented detailed findings and recommendations to upper management. Suggestions were acted upon. - Excels in team-building, knowledge sharing skills that can lead diverse teams of professionals to new levels of success. Creates MS PowerPoint animated slide presentations for new critical installations such as chiller and ice plant systems, for reference material and for training other engineers.
- Senior Data Center Engineer at Kaiser Permanente
- 3rd Class Engineer, under WSI and EMCOR at Kaiser Permanente
- Maintenance Engineer at Sawyer, Partners
- Maintenance Manager at PICTET (Douala, Cameroon)
15 years, 3 months at this Job
- MS, Technical - Management
➢ As a DataCenter Engineer, I was involved in all components of DataCenter
➢ Implementation of Servers and Storage of multiple vendor products with VMware ESXi in the converged architecture solutions.
➢ Designing and implementing the full Stack solution is part of the job. Worked on SmartStack, FlastStack, VCE vBlock 300 and FlexPods
➢ Implementation of Cisco UCS Chassis and FI installations with B200 blade installs.
➢ Deployment of UCSM, creating Service Profile Templates, Service Profiles on UCSM and upgrades on UCSM, Blades firmware
➢ Installation of UCS C220 and C240 servers part of UCSM of Fabric Interconnects and Independent installations
➢ Installation and initialization of EMC Unity, VNX, VNXe and VMAX; worked storage provisioning designing and implementing DR solutions and migration solutions making use of SRDF, Time Finder, SAN Copy, Recover Point and Open Replicator technologies
➢ Worked on Nutanix and Cisco HyperFlex hyper converged solutions.
➢ Deployment of Nimble Storage systems with All Flash and Adaptive Flash technologies.
➢ Deployment of Pure Storage /m systems, data migration and replication projects
➢ Implementation FlexPod solutions using NetApp 8000 storage nodes in the cluster mode.
➢ Storage provisioning like creating LUNs, igroups & mapped LUNs to igroups in FC, iSCSI NetApp Clustered SAN environment, creating exports and shares in NAS environment, implementing SanpMirror for replication.
➢ Installation of VMware ESXi virtualization layer on the servers and creating virtual machines.
➢ Installing VMWare vCenter creating clusters and enabling HA, DRS depending on the customer needs and licensing.
➢ Configuring the distributed and standard vSwitches on vCenter of the VMWare vSphere environment
➢ Implementing vMotions, Enhanced vMotions, configuring DataStores, enabling VAAI etc. features in vSphere environment.
➢ Implementation of FC Fabric on MDS and Brocade switches, Installations, initial configurations and creating zones.
➢ Initial discovery, migration design and implementation of Data Center move projects; migrating servers using vMotion and migrating Data using Storage replication technologies.
➢ Implementing layer2, layer3 basic network configurations on Cisco Nexus network switches.
➢ Solution designing, implementation based on the customer needs adapting to the changing demands is also key part of the job
- Data Center Engineer at General DataTech
- Network Engineer at Sysmex America Inc
- Network Engineer at Tesoro
- Network Specialist at Nationwide Insurance
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Mechanical Engineering
• Supervised personnel for the decommissioning of local data center.
• Migrated data on various EMC equipment to the new data centers.
• Set up and supervised the shipping of 500 servers and switches.
• Worked closely with network personnel in the shutdown of and failover of SAN,NAS,LAN and WAN networks.
- Data Center Engineer at Shutterstock
- Systems Engineer II at Dell EMC Data Domain Group
- Systems Engineer at Dell EMC
- IT Manager at Inner-Tite Corporation
4 months at this Job
- High school
Current member of the warehouse. * Experienced with the break/fix team with a data center. In which I addressed tickets in queue to repair servers that were having issues. Which includes replacing of raid cards/batteries, NIC cards, motherboards, power supplies, fans, etc. To get the servers up and operational throughout the data center. * Operate forklifts (Turret, Sit down, Walk/Rider) to move and pick equipment throughout the warehouse. * Pick equipment throughout the warehouse following pick slips to ship to other data centers both domestic and international. * Experienced with the RF scanner, excel, oracle, and ims. * Experience in cab builds, wiring, upgrades and downgraded of servers. * Load and unload trailers with forklifts and/or hand jacks. * Experienced in shipping and receiving of data center gear. * Daily inventory control (cycle counting).
- Associate Data Center Engineer at Verizon Media Services
- Screen Printer, Assembler, And Machine/Press Operator at Image Market
- Order Picker/Packer at Salon Centric
- Warehouse Employee at Johnson Hardware
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma - High School Studies