Data Center Engineer / Facility Manager (February 2017–Present) Manage and oversee all operational phases of data center and ensuring continuous operation without interruption. Interface with other shifts to proactively identify issues and cover inquiries. Assign tasks to overnight and evening shifts. Supervise five direct reports. Troubleshoot and maintain facility including equipment maintenance schedule. Serve as main contact for all vendors and primary on-call for Facility issues. Oversee data center cabling including running and testing cables, establishing and updating cable records, and working with account managers on new customer connections. Works with sales, account managers, and engineers, on new colo customer implementation. Oversees all physical, power, airflow, and monitoring for colocation customers. · Met stringent six-week deadline while leading all aspects of major office renovation including moving workers to temporary quarters, coordinating tear down of existing components and disabling fire suppression system. Scheduled major parts of rebuild and reoccupation of office. · Assisted operation engineers switch server monitoring from CA Spectrum to UIM · Built out and implement large colo customer who required significant hands on assistance · Starting September 2017 became the acting facility manager. · Created data center training classes for NOC team. Classes include DCIM, Power, HVAC, Cabling, and hands on support. · Led a cabling project which updated records that were a minimum three years out of date. Unused cables were removed, used cables were hand checked and labeled if necessary. · Created an energy assessment using DCIM, walkthrough, and meter data. In excel I used this data to create a predictive model of Datotel’s energy use by outside air temperature.
- Data Center Engineer / Facility Manager at DATOTEL
- Network Operations Technician at DATOTEL
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- None - Cisco Networking Academy
- B.S. - Architecture
• Performing device break-fix activities.
• Performance Management/Troubleshooting
• Operating System Installation
• Good understanding/ working with storage devices
• Running fiber cables with a good knowledge of networking design and protocols
• Participate in an on-call 24/7 and provide on-site assistance for device installations (rack/ stack).
• Act as the POC for vendor maintenance required on data center equipment and escalation point for all things requiring data center access.
• Managing change request and taking part in the Change Advisory board meetings.
- Data Center Engineer at AARP Technology Center
- Support Technician at United Parcel Service
- Data Center Technician at Microsoft Data Center
- Data Center Technician at AWS
8 months at this Job
- Higher National diploma in Computer Networking Technology in Computer - Networking Technology
Overseeing the entire geographically diverse data centers, with a rigorous attention to detail. Key Achievements: * Complete audit of all data center spaces. The location of 100% of the company's data center IT assets are known. * Worked with multiple data center vendors to quote out new space for data center expansion. * Successfully mentored a junior technician on best practices in the data center * Proposed standardized server configurations for new builds * Quickly learned and became a key resource on the EMC SAN infrastructure * Automated the updating of a server's OOB IP address into OpenDCIM, validated with its serial number.
- Data Center Engineer at Purple Communications, Inc
- Site Operations Technician II/III at Twitter, Inc
- Data Center Technician at Intermedia.net
- Technical Support Engineer at Intermedia.net
7 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Documenting and planning future equipment installs for data center support team
• Planning future data center sites with consideration to space, power, cooling, network and budget
• Working with many teams throughout the organization to coordinate data center moves and server migrations
• Accurately creating and managing Visio data center plans and Excel elevations
• Coordinating and verifying Service Now processes to support data center support requests
- Data Center Engineer at Fairview Health Services
- Draftsman at Atomic Architectural Sheet Metal
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Technology Management
- Associate of Applied Science - Information Systems Management
- Associates of Applied Science - Architectural Building Technology
• Serves as Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Data Center Hardware Specialist, providing reactive/break fix and proactive support for HPE's servers, storage arrays and switches.
• Delivers administration and troubleshooting services to enterprise-wide incidents, regarding hardware, firmware, OS, network and facility-based, issues
• Identifies system deficiencies and assists in root cause analysis of issues to minimize impact and future occurrence.
• Assures compliance with SLA, contractual commitments, and customer expectations.
- DATA CENTER ENGINEER at UNISYS CORP
- IT TECHNICAL COORDINATOR at KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS
- END USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST at DIGNITY HEALTH HOSPITALS
- ASSOCIATE IT TECHNICIAN at RICOH TECHNOLOGIES
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES OF ARTS - Multimedia
• Extensive experience in Project Management, Vendor Management, Project Coordination & Reporting
• Responsible for the racking, cabling, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting of equipment within the Data Center environment
• Responsible for the operational inventory of all Data Center equipment in DCIM Tools
• Knowledge and experience of providing Tier II / Break fix Server & Network Support
• Providing broad range of operational support for a variety of server platforms including server hardware, storage and backup systems
• Participating in technical strategic planning and implementation of new server technology standards within Data Center.
• Performing full range of technical and analytical functions for critical back end application and database system implementation and operational support.
• Installing, configuring and providing operational support to multiple locations (data centers).
• Providing on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of various computer and networking systems
• Performing upgrades, configuration maintenance, and repairs of system hardware and software and responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, administrating and maintaining Servers and Workstations
• Responsible for Rack & Stack server and IT hardware in corporate Data Centers.
• Responsible for server implementation, support and decommissioning within a secure raised-floor environment.
• Providing support hardware for all devices to be installed into cabinets on raised floor.
• Extensive experience on midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments - NEC / HP & Dell server hardware
• Placing devices in cabinets according to instructions from internal hardware power & Placement team.
• Completing cabling and cable organization per Client DCO standards.
• Ability to providing remote leadership and direction within conference bridge environments
• Interfacing with & guiding vendors to troubleshoot and install related server & network equipment
• Ensuring all equipment is labeled in compliance with DCIS standards
• Maintaining work tools, copper, fiber, PDU's and power cord inventory
• Monitoring & Coordinating security access within the data center and raised floor environment
• Continuing focus on streamlining Methods and Procedure for equipment deployment and implementation.
• Minimal direction required for job duties and high performance at all times
• Working in a fast-paced environment, Multi-tasking and attention to detail
• Having in-depth understanding of the Linux/Windows operating systems and networking
• Applying appropriate problem-solving techniques to solve complex production problems and assist with root cause analysis
• Working in team environment to deploy infrastructure solutions that include server setup, operating system Installation/tuning, system software installation and configuration, and data migration
• Troubleshooting and addressing customer issues, Interfacing directly with the ticketing system and keep tracking of severity and age of all open requests
• Opening new requests within the ticketing system to request work from other team members or other teams entirely
• Assisting into any outage that occurs and helping in whatever capacity is needed until service is restored to the customer
• Acting as a student and a mentor, sharing knowledge is a top priority
• Updating documentation where needed and making sure information stays current Environment: Windows 7/8/10, Office 365, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Linux shell scripting, VMWare, Citrix, DCIM, PostgreSQL, Windows Server 2008/2016
- Data Center Engineer at Bank of America
- at Virtualization
- System Specialist (Contract) at Citibank, Elk
- System Specialist (Contract) at IH Systems
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Management - Technical Management
Home Depot Network Data Center Engineer (NAL) 2018 - Present Company Overview - Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement retailer with over 100 billion in annual sales and has enterprise level 24/7 missions critical, high availability network that supports 400,000+ employees, spread over 2,000 major retail locations with average location size of 60,000+ sq. ft including a major ecommerce site handling over 1.58 billion in customer transactions internationally and multiple data centers. * Member of a global engineering team responsible for the overall network infrastructure with heavy focus on data center technologies along with WAN connectivity and escalated support of retail locations. * General team responsibilities included but not limited to design review, implementation/deployment, administration including proactive monitoring/analysis, documentation/compliance and escalated Tier 2/3 ticket resolution * Primary responsibilities focused on design review and implementation of enterprise technologies along with testing/validation of enterprise LAN/WAN technologies located in data center environments. * Secondary responsibilities included handling critical change requests, Tier 2/3 escalated tickets, documentation, monitoring of both LAN/WAN technologies at both data center, corporate and retail locations. * Primary technologies includes core switches including the full range of Nexus from 2k, 5k, 7k and 9k, core routes including the Cisco ASRs, security including firewalls such as Palo Alto along with VPN and authentication. * Additional technologies including but not limited to load balancing, virtualization, edge routers, switches and firewalls, along with wireless and WAN circuits using monitoring tools such as solar winds
- Network Data Center Engineer (NAL) at Home Depot
- Senior Network Engineer at Chime Solutions
- Contractor at Cisco Systems
- Analysis/Engineer (SA/ITPM) at IBM Corporation
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
Responsibilities ✓ First responder for support of mission-critical data centers, server rooms, and network closets in hospitals and clinics between the Oregon and Washington region ✓ Region lead for all Datacenter related actives and ensuring DC Ops team meets all SLAs ✓ Survey sites and closets for retrofitting new network equipment requiring power and cooling upgrades as needed ✓ Use StruxureWare to monitor 400+ APC UPS units varying from 1500va to 80kva located throughout hospitals and clinics ✓ Asset Management, inventory tracking, and ordering for all DC Ops resources in 7 regions nationwide ✓ Daily monitoring of mission critical servers, network devices, and data center ✓ Data Center capacity management, monthly server and DC inventory update ✓ Install and configure including ESX, Netscaler, HP. Dell, and Cisco servers, Cisco Switches ✓ Hyper-Converged install and configure: EMC Unity, vBlock, and VxRails ✓ Monitor status of UPS, CRAC units, electrical, servers, network equipment, raised floors, and fire suppression ✓ In depth RCA's created for every data center/data closet related outages and document the remedy being applied ✓ Racking, cabling, configuring, and decommissioning servers as needed ✓ Order and replace faulty server hardware and UPS parts including hard drives, RAID controller battery, UPS battery modules and power modules, metered rack PDU, etc. ✓ Experience supporting 480v 3 phase power along with both 110v and 220v hardware ✓ Properly manage all receiving and shipping orders, disposals, recyclables, and update inventory as needed ✓ Perform daily tape rotations and coordinate with backup team for restores varying from low to critical priority ✓ Keep updated inventory of all tapes sent to Iron Mountain and recall media as needed ✓ Map all ports to their respective servers during server migration from two Cisco 6509 to two Nexus 5600 with eight fabric extenders during a Network Refresh Project ✓ Re-cable all servers using slim CAT6 Ethernet cables while keeping true to cabling best practices during server migration ✓ Plan and implement server and network relocation from COLO site to MDF ✓ Provide physical support for remote teams and vendors to meet local and national project deadlines ✓ Properly decommission severs following the local decomm process and best practices and to ensure HIPAA requirements are met when salvaging hard drives and other storage devices ✓ Coordinate with vendors to ensure hard drives are securely and properly destroyed using best practices ✓ Coordinate with Schneider Electric for all bi-annual Preventative Maintenance of UPS units 40kva and larger ✓ Replace power modules and battery modules, configure APC Network Management Cards, and diagnose and replace faulty UPS as needed ✓ Work alongside Schneider Electric techs for various tasks such as preventative maintenance, battery, power module, and replacing other critical components ✓ Work with vendor to gather quotes for faulty hardware and replaced parts based on priority ✓ VMware and Citrix Administrator ✓ Bayer Healthcare - September 2011 - February 2014 ✓ Supported and managed over 450 plus Citrix Servers Servers are in multiple locations with different flavors of Citrix ✓ Assessed the possible scope for virtualization and planned the virtualization ✓ Installed and configured XenServer, planned the storage and network ✓ Configured DRS and HA, fail over with XenMotion and set DR environment in backup site for primary XenServer pool ✓ Planned, installed and deployed a VDI Proof of Concept (POC) environment to evaluate the benefits, performance and scalability of Windows XP/7 hosted virtual desktops ✓ Consolidated physical servers to virtual infrastructure.
- Data Center Engineer at Wipro
- Network Engineer at BlueCross BlueShield
- Network Engineer at Tesoro
- Network Specialist at Nationwide Insurance
1 year, 4 months at this Job
Data center buildout - Assisted in all aspects of complete physical installations of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), racks, and related communications infrastructure materials in all data hall's, MPOE's, MDF's, BDF's, and connecting rooms throughout the building. ∙ Data center run ops - Rack and stack of any and all DC hardware and associated equipment. Power up and patching as instructed through provided cut sheets. Labeling of all components, dressing and neat presentation of all cabling upon completion. Monitoring of all systems from power up through full functionality. ∙ Data center ISP Cabling - Performed skilled data center infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Personally responsible and hands on for the first 2800 fiber strands in the intra building infrastructure from from MPOE1 to MPOE2. This includes all pulls, partial dressing and some testing ∙ Data center Testing and documentation - Hands-on experience with testing and documentation of thousands of fiber optic test results. Assisted with training of installers, where necessary, on testing methodologies. ∙ Site integrity and adherence to to all Facebook and Turner policies and procedures. All issues and discrepancies were always taken to the proper individual.
- Data Center Engineer at Facebook NAO Datacenter
- Data Center Engineer at Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Data Center Engineer at LexisNexis - Ohio
- Hardware expert at South Data Center
7 months at this Job
- CCNA training prep. - Cisco training
- - Electronics Engineering
-Oversee and assist with all aspects of data center management including physical network builds, and all critical infrastructure. -Work as an on call 24/7 engineer who keeps a 100% up time and satisfied customers in the financial industry. -Assist with the movement and implementation of many critical and strenuous projects such as full disaster recovery site moves.
- DATA CENTER ENGINEER at Open Technology Solutions
- DATA CENTER TECHNICIAN at Spectrum
- Lead Network Technician at DMI Technologies
2 years, 2 months at this Job