• Manager 4 Data Centers, and 45 Server rooms across US.
• Physical Security (ISO27001/3, SOC and SSAE16 audit readiness, HIPPA)
• Implementation and updating of Standard Operating Policies for Critical areas.
• Data Center migration and Buildup.
• Data Center - Closing, Moving and Startup
• Responsible for monitoring Data Center HVAC, UPS (standalone, rack mounted), Electrical, Generator - Setup and maintenance utilizing DCIM
• Change and Asset Management for Data Centers.
• Procure Vendor supplied Hardware and Support Services.
• Facility management coordination.
• Internal and External Audit of Data Centers (SSAE16, SOC1, ISO27001)
• Data Center Capacity Planning
• Data Center drawing capability (MS Visio)
• Asset Management
- Data Center Manager at Xerox Services
- at Xerox Services
- IT Manager, Operations Infrastructure-Systems at Xerox Services
- Senior System Administrator at Xerox Services
6 years, 11 months at this Job
IT Infrastructure and Critical Facilities Data Center Manager with overall responsibility of IT infrastructure and critical facility infrastructure at Corporate Data Center and North America remote sites.
- IT Infrastructure and Critical Facilities Data Center Manager at Centene - Health Net Corporation
- Backfill Engineering Support Bay Area, Chief Engineer at Able Engineering Services
- IT Infrastructure and Critical Facilities Data Center Manager at Ascent Corporation
- Chief Stationary Engineering Manager Local 39 at Colliers International
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Some college
Responsible for five data centers within the company. Supervises assigned operations and technical staff Track and trend each data center's temperature, power consumption, and cooling capacity and utilization to compute physical installation limits and show the overall organization's data center usage. Ensure data integrity; provide data analysis and recommendation. Identify issues and corrective actions necessary to sustain the environment(s). Ensure cleanliness of data centers, equipment rooms and test lab. Maintain efficient usage and/or green standards for KVMs, network and server gear. Maintain, grant and review data centers access/activity; audit access. Work closely with the server team to install/uninstall KVMs, rack PDUs, network, server, and storage gear and/or systems. Respond in timely manner to all data center and network issues, 24 X 7 on-call coverage. Issue RFPs, select preferred vendors, negotiate contracts, and resolve problems or disputes related to contracted services. Review billing for accuracy. Collaborate with managers and supervisors in other Center IT groups to coordinate the delivery of IT network and telecommunication services. Maintain regular usage and performance statistics for all data centers. Resolve unusual or escalated customer service issues related to data center. Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff and vendors. Manage assigned budget. Perform quarterly Data Center access/activity review and Security audits. Set a positive leadership example through excellent performance. Other duties as assigned.
- Data Center Manager at Kansas City Power & Light
- Network Engineer II at Kansas City Power & Light
- Systems Engineer II at Kansas City Power & Light
- Technical Support Specialist Intern at DeVry University
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Network and Communications Management - Network and Communications Management
• Monitors and maintains Access Control List for physical security and all countermeasures; Including granting access for customers when need to know has been determined
• Prepares plans and documents related to data center expansion or additions
• Overseas documentation and control of all space usage within the Data Center
• Provides new data center construction with the right business requirements and documentation
• Assess any current hardware for proper compliance and standards
• Oversee any construction for expansions
• Evaluate the best practices for design and maintenance
• Ensures that future expansions include the industry's standards and compliance
• Provide customer satisfaction and approval for performance and efficiency
• Monitor all equipment for security threats
- DATA CENTER MANAGER at Jacobs Technologies
- SERVER / NETWORK ENGINEER II at Northrop Grumman Corp
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR at Technical Education College
- IT ADMINISTRATOR / PROBATION SUPERVISOR, T.I. Probation Services at ADMINSTRATOR
10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
Successfully managed and coordinated projects to enhance system capacity and functionality, overseeing a team responsible for maintaining large volumes of data. Collaborated with stakeholders to develop proposals and strategies for configuring and integrating new system upgrades and updates, testing and reviewing programs to ensure they met operational standards and goals.
• Designed and facilitated training programs for end users, organizing subject information into understandable forms based on client knowledge levels.
• Developed and executed an inventory system to track equipment and supplies for the Data Center.
• Identified and tracked operational key performance indicators, compiling and analyzing data to create comprehensive reporting for upper management.
- Data Center Manager at AT&T
- Consultant at National Network Consulting
- Global Data Guard at National Network Consulting
- Computer Operator at Southwestern Bell
12 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Operation Management - Operation Management
- Associate of Science in Internet Information Systems - Internet Information Systems
- Associate of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology - Electronics Engineering Technology
• Responsible for the management of nine US data centers and assisted manager to four international data centers ◦ Chicago and 8 other US data centers ◦ 4 of the UK data centers
- DATA CENTER MANAGER at FIS
- TELECOM ENGINEER at FIS
- CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER at AMERICAN HOTEL REGISTER CO
8 years at this Job
Data Center Migration work planning
Coordinated effort for new Data Center Build in Las Vegas
• Prepared plans for development and installation of Data Center Infrastructure.
• Ensure client satisfaction and provide optimal level of customer services for various Pimco system administrators
• Initiated Data Center monitoring tools for rack layout, power and cooling details.
• Worked with system administrators using ServiceNow for Incident resolution and lessons learned.
• Documented all issues and problems to ensure no repeats of known issues.
• Plan with vendors and smarthands for installation and maintenance of clients Irvine and Las Vegas data centers.
• Worked with management for activities related to analysis and implement all data center future and current plans.
• Worked closely with Storage, Unix and Windows support staff in designing and evaluation of all server systems according to measurement of process.
• Perform troubleshooting and Incident Management at Irvine and Las Vegas data centers, to identify issues and assist in timely resolution of same.
• Ensure adherence to all data center and security practices and management practices for employees, followed up after tasks assigned.
• Coordinate with site teams and develop strategies to ensure achievement of data center capacity, power and cooling. Adhere to ITIL/ITSM standards for Data Center System Administrators.
• Monitor all functional resources required for growth in new Las Vegas data center, and several international data centers off shore.
- Data Center Manager at PIMCO
- Data Center Manager at Broadcom
- Supervisory Role Senior Associate Computer Operations at Computer Science Corporation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - business
• Trained, managed, and supervised technicians (skills assessment and development)
• Carried out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and procedures
• Managed contractor bidding and award selection process, preventative and pro-active vendor maintenance contracts, and contractor/vendor purchasing of goods/services
• Managed corporate systems in racked data center environment
• Designed and implemented policies/procedures for operational excellence, process flow, and documentation.
• Identified, processed, and managed problems that impact security, reliability, or maintainability of infrastructure
• Received and unpacked products, identified parts, disposed of non-essential items, reported results and recommendations
• Ensured tests of incoming products were conducted before deployment according to data center practices
- Data Center Manager/Engineer at Netview
- Network / Wireless Engineer at Self-Employed
- Senior Network Engineer at Deep Blue Communications
- Integration Team Leader at Deep Blue Communications
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Information Technology
Oversee the daily operations of the Georgia Lotteries 24x7 gaming systems, communications network and gaming channels.
• Work with multiple teams to report, manage and resolve business impacting incidents.
• Ensure all changes within the Data Center are captured and tracked via RFCs.
• Evaluate and deploy new technologies to meet business needs.
• Maintain environmental contracts and PM schedules for UPS, PDU Fire Suppression, Generators and HVAC units.
• Manage annual SSAE-18, SOX, MUSL and PCI audits.
• Support the delivery of scheduled and emergency software deployments.
• Project Manager for IGT's first domestic cashless pilot initiative with the Georgia Lottery.
• Create annual work goals for team members and evaluate progress throughout the year.
• Interview and higher new staff members.
• Implement performance improvement plans and corrective actions as necessary.
• Provide ongoing operational and technical training for team members.
• Interface with senior level business executives to ensure we are providing exceptional service and meeting our business goals.
- Data Center Manager at IGT S.p.A
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at IGT S.p.A
- Senior Database Administrator at IGT S.p.A
- Database Administrator III at IGT S.p.A
6 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Biology Pre Med
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - Information Management
• Maintain and administer VMware vSphere 6 environment with 35+ physical ESXi hosts with 750+ virtual servers on a vBlock integrated system
• Maintain and administer Windows 2012 R2\2016 Server environment including patching and backups
• Maintain and administer Avaya IP based phone system along with Spectralink wireless SIP based phones. System includes 9611G, 9621G, 9641G, Polycom, 7620, 7622, 7640
• Manage Windows 10 64bit desktops for 450+ users
• Create, Update, and Maintain custom web applications for US Mint needs. This includes an inventory system for HQ and all 5 field sites; A Visual Information System to request posters, banners, and other media; and a property tracking system for equipment entering and leaving the building. All are SQL based system with a PHP\HTML frontend
• Perform preventative maintenance reviews of active directory and data center and trouble shoot any errors or problems found
• Manage group policy(GPO) and login scripts to maintain information systems and network security
• COR\COTR certified and up to date Supervisor's Name: Rick Early, Supervisor's Phone: (303)405-4704
- Data Center Manager at Dept of Treasury - United States Mint
- Senior Systems Support Analyst - Enterprise Support Group at LenderLive Network, Inc
- Senior Technician, Help Desk at Federal Highway Administration
- Marine - Network Specialist at United States Marine Corps
7 years at this Job
- Associate Degree in Information - technology