Data Center Technician
• Troubleshoot and replace hardware components on servers and storage devices
• Utilize web-based ticketing system to prioritize workload
• Inventory servers/storage assets, in preparation to decommission
• Reimage Dell EMC Isilon devices to format drives for removal
Data Center Technician
- Data Center Technician at Latitude 36 (Facebook contractor)
- Contractor of Duke Energy at Eliassen Group
- Network Technician at Anistar (Bank of America Contractor)
- Data Technician at Metro Systems Inc (Amazon Contractor)
3 months at this Job
- Associates - Network Security
The Data Center Technician is responsible for support of Data Center and critical infrastructure operations for TriRivers Health Partners "THP". This position has responsibility for service incident prioritization and escalation, support services for technical teams, Data Center infrastructure monitoring, alert processing, answering incoming calls, communicating to clients and stakeholders, day to day operations and adhering to Data Center standards, methodologies and processes. This position will drive Data Center operations solutions in collaborative fashion working closely with the System Engineering Team, Security Team, Networking team and other THP staff.
- Data Center Technician at SwedishAmerican Health System
- Specialist IT Service Desk at SwedishAmerican Health System
- Staff Accountant at Rockford Memorial Hospital
- Buyer/Material Planner at Power Solutions
6 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
Data Center Technician
Charter - Centennial, CO
April 2019-July2019 (3 Month Contract)
Entered a higher level, Enterprise environment data center and was able to further my skills in my short time under contract with them. Duties included:
• Racked and Stacked various types of enterprise level equipment
• Followed Run guides and detailed MOPs (Method of Procedures) in order to rack and stack, run cables, configure, and establish successful linking of devices
• Identified and prioritized situations requiring urgent attention.
• Ran structured cabling in both an office and data center environment in order to support facility-wide WiFi through the use of multiple wireless access points
- Data Center Technician at Charter
- IT Consultant at Leaftech
- Data Center Technician/Technical Assistance Associate at Viawest/Flexential
- Repair Technician/ E-Commerce Associate/ Front Sales and Tech Support at DiscountPC.net
at this Job
- Diploma - Information Technology
Establish communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment. Perform Data Center system/network installations, configurations, and troubleshooting in order to ensure optimum operations.
Telecom/Data Center Technician (05/2018-Present)
• Establishes data connections by running, pulling, and terminating Ethernet and Fiber
• Responsible for establishing/updating technical documents of IPT and network configuration/troubleshooting.
• On call every 5 weeks, primarily assisting the downtown location, to assist with after-hours repair of downed switches.
• Maintains Cisco IPT, switches, and routers in IDF and data centers across Greater Houston Area locations based out of downtown
• Performs IPT/Voicemail adds, moves, changes, and deletions to Cisco Call Manager 10 using Cisco 7961, 7965, 8945, 7937, 8831
• Maintains a variety of Cisco Layer 2 and 3 switches including Catalyst 4507 and 6500 running IOS 15.0, Nexus 5k, 2k, and NX-OS
- Telecom/Data Center Technician at Chevron
- Field Service Technician at Entergy/HCL
- Network Technician at TAILORED BRANDS/THE MEN'S WEARHOUSE
- Telecom Control Analyst at CENTERPOINT ENERGY-ECDC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
About The Job The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Data Center Technician, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. It will fall to you to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. This position offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. Depending of your area of interest, capabilities, and geographical mobility, you will have the opportunity to develop either within Hardware Operations or move towards software development, engineering, networking operations or our project management groups. Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible. Responsibilities
• Contribute and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
• Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a significant population of affected equipment.
• Help test and troubleshoot new complex server hardware components and designs.
• Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues on server
- Data Center Technician at Modis Engineering & IT Staffing @ Google
- Data Center Technician at
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school - General Education
- Some college
• Work closely with Data Center management to determine workload and resource commitments.
• Work daily with various mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and security systems such as; Transformers, PLC's, Generators, Switchgear, UPS Systems, STS', ATS', PDU's, Chilled Water Systems, CRAC/CRAH's, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems, and Lenel.
• Work daily with various security, biometric, and facial recognition systems at the Data Center.
• Promoted to Data Center Technician I with less than a year one year at the company.
• Performed and completed work orders and customer service tickets in a timely manner.
• Performed daily site logs for the mechanical equipment on site.
• Provide physical security and document all inbound/outbound packages
• Assist Operations by performing cross connects
- Data Center Technician I at CoreSite
- Sales Associate at Giant Food Store
- Unarmed Officer at Giant Food Store
2 years at this Job
- A.S in Science.
From 2018 I started working for Adecco as a Data Center Technician in a Google data center. Performed maintenance in a variety of servers, swapped, and repaired hardware including: CPU's, hard disks, SSD’s, RAM, motherboards,PCB's, cables, etc. Experience working with fiber cable. Experience with upgrades, downgrades & decommissions. Ensured data center up time 24/7. Member of the 5S team. Sporklift certified operator.
From 2018 I started working for Adecco as a Data Center Technician in a Google data center.
Performed maintenance in a variety of servers, swapped, and repaired hardware including: CPU's, hard disks, SSD’s, RAM, motherboards,PCB's, cables, etc.
Experience working with fiber cable.
Experience with upgrades, downgrades & decommissions.
Ensured data center up time 24/7.
Member of the 5S team.
Sporklift certified operator.
- Data Center Technician at Adecco
- Business Owner at Gorge General Construction, LLC
- Inventory Control Specialist at XPO Logistics
- Lead / Supervisor at Orchard View Farms
8 months at this Job
The Data Center Technician I assists in the operational integrity, security, and regulatory compliance of the data center. A Tier 1 technician will learn and gain experience through assisting the data center technicians in day to day operations of the data center including security functions, general site response and triage, and customer interaction. Technicians must ensure that data center problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services, and that internal customer demands are met.
Security operations, first responder, fire watch, safety, trouble shooting, causality response, and customer service. A Tier 1 technician will gain working knowledge of the general data center mechanical, electrical, telecom, and security equipment. Responsibilities will include monitoring and responding to mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and security systems. These systems include, transformers, PLC's, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, STS', ATS' PDU's, chilled water systems, CRAC/CRAH, wet sprinkler systems and pre-action sprinkler, security hardware, and CCTV. Duties:
• Monitor, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Mechanical, Electrical, Building Monitoring, Security, and Control systems
• Follow direction of management in regards to day-to-day activities.
• Incident escalation and report writing.
• Provide physical security within the CoreSite premises.
• Provide day-to-day exceptional customer service and support.
• Compose detailed reports and daily activity logs.
• Maintain and complete regular facility and security tours documenting and responding to found issues.
• Manage building service requests through resolution.
• Responsible for notifying customers, management and facility teams of security system alarms and security breaches.
• Responsible for managing the loading dock shipping and receiving.
• Assists with managing systems to avoid unplanned customer-impacting outages
• Perform and complete work orders and customer service tickets in a timely manner
• Adhere to and promote Core Site's Principles of Operational Excellence Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to write concise and accurate reports.
• Escalation of incidents.
• Familiar with CCTV and access and control security systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal staff.
• Good troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise in a Mission Critical 24x7 environment.
• Schedule flexibility with ability to work non-standard business hours.
• Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability.
• Successfully meet CoreSite professional standards.
• Candidate must have ability to work independently and be able to follow all escalation procedures in regard to critical or emergency situations.
• Ability to operate in and promote a rigorous process-driven team environment
• Ability to logically analyze and solve problems
• Ability to effectively multi-task multiple projects
• Operate Hand and Machine Tools (hammer, drill, saw, etc.)
• Operate electrical tools such as a multi-meter or infrared camera
• Familiar with computer systems and software programs - i.e., MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook.
• A Tier I technician will gain an on-the-job understanding of the mechanical, electrical, fire life safety, and security systems used in a data center environment including, but not limited to the following: electrical distribution and layout, transformers, PLC's, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, STS', ATS' PDU's, chilled water systems, CRAC/CRAH's, pre-action sprinkler systems, security hardware, CCTV, monitoring, and CMMS systems.
• Ability to stand 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
• Ability to walk 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
• Ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
• Ability to climb and balance 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
• Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 - 2/3 of the time. Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 - 2/3 of the time
• Ability to smell, talk & hear '
• Ability to use hands to type, handle & feel
• Ability to reach with hands and arms
• Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color
• Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
• Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends, late nights, holidays, and on-call support
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds 1/3 of the time
- Data Center Technician at Coresite
- Welcome Representative at Melrose YMCA
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Emergency Medical Technician
- Associate - Criminal Justice and Sociology
- High school or equivalent - All
- Insight Global * 6 months + experience in assisting Cheyenne Microsoft Data Center Employees * Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure components * Valid license * Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.) * Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Data Center Technician at Microsoft Data Center
- Construction Laborer at University of Wyoming
- Apprentice Electrician at Merritt Electrical
- Ski and Snowboard Instructor at Snowy Range Ski and Recreation Area
11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Lead Programmer: Tasked with programming circuits into a web application for clients. This job begins as a quality assurance check to ensure all circuits, enclosures, racks, and work orders have been properly documented and completed. Once completed, the circuits are then programmed and logged for monitoring and client review.
• Preventative Maintenance: Consistently maintenance Generators, Altronix Load Banks, UPS units, Substations, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Air Handling Units(AHU's), CRU's, Wet Cell Battery maintenance, and general facility maintenance and clean up.
• Technician Training: Provided training to Support Specialist in Critical Facilities on circuit programming, Load Bank maintenance, Quality Assurance, Battery Maintenance, Maintenance Logging, and application troubleshooting.
• Technical Writing: Tasked to create and/or edit procedures for conducting maintenance on facility equipment.
• Data Entry: Tasked with consistently maintaining maintenance logs, procedures, and circuit programming data. Currently assisting with developing a maintenance calendar through an outside vendors online application services.
• Trendpoint Programmer: Trained on how to program Trendpoint Modules for monitoring, troubleshooting, circuit assigning, and IP address implementation.
• Commissioning Technician: Currently work along side our Electrical and Mechanical construction teams to commission new equipment for our data center expansion.
- Data Center Technician at RagingWire Data Center Solutions
- Electricians Mate 3rd Class at NAVY, Guam
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Engineering Common Core
- High School Diploma
- - Engineering Common Core
- High School Diploma