Contractor) 08/2018 ◆ Provide daily support for PKI security certificates to staff ◆ Supports the certificate community with data and follow-up regarding expirations ◆ Resolve certificate issues: i.e. installations and errors ◆ Configure and monitor security tools and software ◆ Provide recommendations in support of security goals ◆ Assist business partners in a world class vendor and third-party security and compliance program
- Data Security Analyst at Fedex
- Information Security Analyst at
- at Shelby County Schools
- System Administrator at
5 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Bachelor's - Business
Information Security Manager
Director of Investigations, Forensics, & eDiscovery
* Initially Hired as a secret resource to monitor the activities of data handling across all network
egress points, improving data privacy, security, and controls while remaining unknown to the general company.
* Subsequently assumed role in identity and access management, leading and developing a team of five. Created standard operating procedures, guidelines, and self-audit programs.
* Improved service delivery times and created procedures to streamline processing requests for access. Ensured compliance to various regulatory bodies.
* Created and chaired data security councils in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Macau, and Singapore with senior executive membership from security, human resources, legal, finance, information
technology, and compliance.
* Deployed data loss prevention, eDiscovery, and standard operating procedures to all locations.
* Planned, deployed, and managed all aspects of the data loss prevention, eDiscovery, computer
forensics, mobile forensics, investigative services, and file recovery programs across the global
enterprise (Nevada, Pennsylvania, Macau, and Singapore).
• Selected talent and built digital forensic investigation and data loss prevention teams comprised of 12 senior engineers and analysts geographically dispersed over three countries. − Provided leadership and motivated team members in pursuing professional certifications across multiple disciplines. Team has been recognized throughout the world by experts in the industry and academia as a most advanced and productive technology team.
• Created and administered an e-discovery program that eliminated the manual review of millions of items for discovery. Researched and identified best-in-class tools and deployed them globally. Achieved professional credential as a certified eDiscovery practitioner.
• Created a mobile forensic program to protect data on mobile devices. Efforts allowed mobile phones to be reassigned and reused, resulting in a first-year savings of $500K.
• Implemented a program to recover damaged or inaccessible files and ensure data protection through stringent processes surrounding file request and approval.
• Researched, selected, and deployed a suite of computer forensic tools. Created associated processes, procedures, and controls encompassing chain of custody, forensic acquisition, and securing of images.
• Developed procedures and processes and obtained support of senior executives to improve the data loss prevention system. Efforts resulted in the reduction of hundreds of thousands of false positive incidents and the creation of a true DLP system.
• Documented company policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines, and provided training for each program created. Maintained vulnerability management and managed hardware and software updates for all programs.
- Data Security Analyst at LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Executive support at PLANET HOLLYWOOD HOTELS & RESORTS
- Training & Support Manager at MGM MIRAGE HOTEL & CASINO
- Data Security Analyst at
9 years at this Job
- - Executive Study - Certificate Program
- Certified Ethical Hacker
• Assemble the validated personnel security data into a coherent case file and deliver it to the requesting agency for further processing.
• Interact directly with Security Center external and internal customers via telephone, email, and written correspondence during the process of security data analysis.
• Validate submitted personnel security data from an array of sources to include electronic and paper forms, such as (eQIP) Electronic questionnaire for investigation processing, emails, web-based/locally stored database files, emails, faxes, and telephone conversations to assemble into an accurate case file submission, prior to the adjudicative processing.
• Work the performance of electronic fingerprint recording using EFTS for data validation and tracking support for the adjudicative process.
• Provide record and file management support for adjudicative processing.
• Validate information utilizing the following database: Electronic Fingerprint Transaction System, Personnel Investigations Processing System/ Central Verification System, Direct Access, Coast Guard Business Intelligence, Auxiliary Personnel database.
• Create and manage cases for military and auxiliary reciprocity request.
- Data Security Analyst at USCG/Department of Homeland Security
- Tier 1 Agent at NMCI
- Aviation Ordnance Supervisor at United States Navy, Naval Air Station Oceana
7 months at this Job
- Associates of Cyber Security - Cyber Security
- Bachelor's - Security Management and Policy Bachelor
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science Program
- High School Diploma
Provide security guidance for multiple departments and significant projects. Coordinate security discussions and conduct interviews with department stakeholders. Present findings and corrective recommendations to leadership.
• Perform risk assessments against mission critical and sensitive data systems including PCI, FISMA, HIPAA and CUI/800-171. Assessments have included servers, applications, network infrastructure, research environments, identity management systems, and operational/financial processes.
• Streamlined main IT security risk assessment tool to match university standards and requirements.
• Centralized risk assessment tracking process and created dynamic tracking metrics.
• Provide security advising for enterprise Identity and Access Management (IAM) projects.
• Execute security and vulnerability tests against systems to provide technical security posture.
• Participated in Security Operations Center (SOC) program development.
- Data Security Analyst at University of Michigan
- Windows Server Administrator at University of Toledo
- Senior Information Security Analyst at University of Toledo
- Network Specialist at University of Toledo
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Technology Studies and Information Assurance
- Bachelor of Science - Interdisciplinary Studies
- Associate - Applied Business
• Maintain mainframe database replicated into SQL
• Maintain the mainframe database and update test database with production database
• Prepare security report such as user level of access and modify date
• Research and install security software
• Grant access to appropriate systems to internal and external users
• Assist with database problems
• Manage MS Active Directory groups and grant access as needed
• Prepare yearly budget
• Perform audit on security databases
• Update access to database in SQL
• Develop computer data security policy and assist with development of county-wide security program
• Evaluate data security software with regard to planning, installing, maintaining and optimizing software capabilities
• System administration
- Data Security Analyst at Bexar County Information Technology
- Data Center Supervisor at Bexar County Information Technology
- Data Center Lead at Bexar County Information Technology
- Data Center Technician at Bexar County Information Technology
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Information Technology
Provisioned access to active directory groups, also set up accounts and groups in Active Directory. Set up DB2 access and mainframe data sec security on mainframes. Also worked with setting up call recording and monitoring.
- Data Security Analyst at Getronics
- Instructional Aide at Quakertown School District
- Sr. Production Support Analyst at Nationwide Mutual Insurance
- Lead Computer Operator at
3 months at this Job
- MS - Criminal Justice
Responsibilities: * Deliver DLP implementation project including full PLM deliverables: requirements, Design, testing, pilot and global implementation * Worked on DLP Cloud Prevent for Microsoft Office 365, DLP Cloud Storage, Cloud File Sync and Share, CASB Cloud SOC, Information Centric Encryption (ICE), Information Centric Tagging (ICE), Web Security Gateway (WSG) and security product capabilities. * Involved deploying in the cloud and on-premises using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Single- Server support * In-depth experience with Symantec DLP in an enterprise environment * Knowledge on architecting Symantec DLP Platforms * Good experience with analyzing Symantec DLP events and reports. * Tuning Symantec DLP to reduce false positives and improving detection rates * Develop incident response workflow for DLP incidents as raised through DLP tool. * Define policy/rules for the DLP solution and refine them as DLP strategy matures. Analyze reports from DLP tool and provide metrics to management. * Document solutions and help documents as needed for future DLP Analysis team. * Creation of DLP policy, Data at rest scanning * Collaborate with other Information Security and IT team members to develop and implement innovative strategies for monitoring and preventing attacks. * Develop appropriate metrics (key risk and performance indicators) to measure the monitoring program and related process.
- Data Security Analyst - Cyber Security at Pacifica Gas & Electric Company
- Information Security Analyst at Trinity Healthcare, Michigan
- Symantec DLP Engineer/Information Security Research Analyst at University of Cumberlands, Kentucky
- Information Security Engineer/Analyst at ViewShadz Enterprise Solutions
6 months at this Job
System admin and operational security lead for the IS Security team. Identifies security issues,performs risk assessments, and develops processes and procedures to minimize security risks and to improve operational efficiency. Involved in the development and enhancement of administration methodologies utilizing security best practices, create program and scripts to automation user provisioning for enterprise Identity Access management system, involve in selections of user provisioning solutions, help implements and maintains security technology, help implement automation, auditing, large-scale security event management, and enterprise identity management. Utilizes experience with Information Security threats and security tools to mitigate the impacts of security events
- Data Security Analyst, SR at BayCare Health Systems
- IT Security Compliance Analyst at Catholic Health Initiatives
- Security Engineer at Catholic Health Initiatives
- IT Security Analyst I at University of Louisville Health Care
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts - Computer Information Systems
- Associate in Applied Science - Computer Information Systems
• Gathered, organized and documented technical information about existing security products, and ongoing programs.
• Reviewed, documented and created metrics and reports based on assessed systems, reviewed SSPs and SOPs
• Created, reviewed and updated SOPs, SSP and other relevant system documents
• Updated DOT intranet to reflect updated guidance from NIST, FISMA, OMB and support agencies
• Responded to inquiries related to NIST guidance amendments from Rev 3 to 4, ensuring understanding and appropriate application of security controls and applicable policies
• Updated and created IT Security policy template and SOP's for organizations as a tool to assist and compliance and reporting
• Protected systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and required resources
• Recognized problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations
• Reviewed and provided sound recommendations regarding technical writing style and ease of report comprehension
• Recommended security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Determined security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
• Upgraded systems by implementing and maintaining security controls
• Prepared daily/weekly status reports for senior leadership documenting: system status. Assessment progress and potential enhancements for applications or security controls to improve performance and functionality.
• Key contributor in the preparation of all security assessment reports, SSPs, SOPs, and internal communications related to IT and cybersecurity.
• Provided sound recommendations supported by NIST, OMB and best practices as they related to new and evolving technology and provided timely detection, identification and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions.
- Data Security ANALYST at ACTIONET
- Computer Security System Specialist, Februrary at Sobran inc
- Program Support Specialist & Veterinary Technician at Washington Animal Rescue League
- Call Center Representative/Help Desk at WBA Market Research
2 years, 6 months at this Job
• Administered user provisioning and identity management in CA IDM and Active Directory.
• Completed user security requests, change requests, and incident requests within set SLAs.
• Standardized documentation by creating templates for how-to's and procedures.
• Monitored department mailbox to provide user support, receive and catalog reports.
• Provided afterhours on-call support for production break/fix issues and emergency accesses.
• Increased user reporting efficiency by developing scripts to automate user access listings.
- Data Security Analyst at American National Insurance
- Test Technician at Qualcomm
- Junior Server Administrator at Fidelity Bank
2 years at this Job
- Master's Degree - Management of Information Systems
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration