Shopzilla owns and manages several web properties that provide deal comparison information to the online shopper. The data warehouse uses partitioning technology to manage more than 6TB of data. Responsibilities: Development and maintenance of a 6TB data warehouse, which undergoes a continual 24 hour data processing cycle. Developed modules in PL/SQL and scheduled them to run using BMC scheduling software. ATLAS project: Implemented comprehensive changes to the Data Warehouse to provide for processing of data from new countries (Canada, Brazil, China), using PL/SQL, Oracle Warehouse Builder mappings, and bash scripts. Notable: Improved performance of certain modules reducing execution time from more than 2 hours to approximately 30 minutes. Key Technologies: Oracle RAC (5 nodes), Partitioned Tables, AWR
- Oracle Data Warehouse Engineer at Shopzilla
- Oracle DBA at Napster
- Oracle DBA & Developer at Checkpoints
- Oracle Database Recovery Expert at CDW
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mathematics
- Masters of Music
• Participating in JAD meetings and outline functional requirements to design the data migration process.
• Creating stored procedures, functions, and triggers for data retrieval/updates in the database.
• Implementing error handing techniques such as try catch and error functions to create robust T-SQL code.
• Designing ETL packages to extract, transform, and load data from Elite Enterprise DB to SQL Server staging database.
• Implementing auditing and error handling techniques in SSIS packages with logs and event handlers.
• Creating report and dashboard for sales data with different categories, date and product name using Power BI and DAX functions.
- Data Warehouse Engineer at California Creative Solutions, Inc
- Financial Analyst at Zhong Hang Sheng Shi Die Cutting Machinery Co., Ltd
- Senior Administrative Manager at Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
4 months at this Job
- M.S. in Statistics - Statistics
- Master's - Professional Accounting
- B.S. in Information and Computer Science - Information and Computer Science
Responsible for development and support of system functionality and implemented solutions. Contributing member of Information Architecture team designed to understand detailed data definitions as well as strategic direction of the environment to ensure direction and development solutions are aligned with corporate technological roadmap.
• Direct support and troubleshooting of high-volume production enterprise including failures in scheduled jobs, identifying and remediating errors, and coordinating deployment of fixes for production issues.
• Support within the Information Architecture - ETL team to include review and revision of deployment plans, coordinating deployment with DevOps team, management of releases from QA to Production environments, and being POC for business users.
• Compilation and collaboration around Standard Operating Procedures for support within the team, documentation of solutions to recurring requests and common issues around production environment support.
- Data Warehouse Engineer I at BCD Travel
- Business Intelligence Developer at CAREERBUILDER
- Executive Administration/Leadership at VARIOUS
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Sociology
• Debug, troubleshoot, root cause analysis and resolve issues while meeting SLAs on production issues.
• Manage and own production issues including incidents to drive them to permanent resolutions.
• Develop complex SQL queries and scripts in Oracle SQL developer and MS SQL server to proactively identify, manage, and correct data quality issues.
• Collaborate with multiple teams and customers on production/data issues, defect fixes, and new solutions.
• Develop, implement, and automate ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) solutions in Informatica PowerCenter as per business requirements.
• Successfully implement quarterly enhancements, releases and defect fix solutions.
- Data Warehouse Engineer - Production Support at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Data Warehouse Technician - Audit, Balance, Control/Production Support at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Health IT Intern at Research Circle Associates
- Business Intelligence Intern at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
Summary: Leverages ETL development tools to convert raw data into information to drive analysis, daily operations, and data governance initiatives.
• Works closely with business users to gather and interpret requirements
• Provides technical feedback on source to target mappings provided by business users
• Designs and develops ETL pipelines using Informatica Power Center suite of applications
• Implements Change Data Capture (CDC) using Informatica Power Exchange
• Performs analysis of business data using SQL in Oracle SQL Developer, TOAD, and Microsoft SQL Server
• Creates documentation of system designs and system support
• Participates in design and solution reviews to ensure adherence to performance guidelines & business requirements.
• Facilitates code reviews to ensure applications are designed for optimum performance. Provides suggestions for ways to restructure designs to achieve optimal performance.
• Conducts a comprehensive analysis of the database structure and database elements in source environments for assigned development projects.
• Collaborates with the development team to create operations and staging environments to control data loads and enhance performance.
• Delivers production data that is consumed and used by downstream business applications and stakeholders.
• Communicates project status and updates via tracking documents, emails, and meetings
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Data Governance and Stewardship Analyst at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Business Analyst (Intern) at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Business and Technology Management
• Administer AWS resources including EC2 and 25 node Redshift Cluster, control access for over 300 users, and forecast future usage.
• Monitor Redshift cluster health by reviewing memory and disk usage, checking for delta load errors and poorly performing queries, and partnering with user to optimize query performance.
• Reduced yearly redshift cost by 1/3 while increasing user traffic, increasing table rows, and increased table count by improving query performance, improving Work Load Manager (WLM) settings, and optimizing tables sort key, distribution keys, and encoding.
• Build process to ingest cost and placement results generated by inventory optimization model using s3 and Redshift. Data was used to comparing simulation results for placement decisions using SQL and Tableau.
• Created redshift maintenance metrics that identify and remove low usage tables and provide updated recommendations for Work Load Manager (WLM) settings in AWS console allowing for improved cluster health.
• Proactively monitored batch process performance during holiday and performed root cause analysis to identify and resolve upstream issues before impacting end users.
- Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Engineer at Amazon
- Business Intelligence Engineer at WW ACES
- Supply Chain Solutions Sr. Analyst at Best Buy
- Reporting and Analytics Analyst at Best Buy Logistics
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
Duties: - Work with ETL for Groupers - SQL Server Reporting Services Development - T-SQL Development - SSIS Package Development - Technical Delivery Management - CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) Groupers - Manage HealthCare Groupers - Informatica Workflow Development - .NET Development - Lead Group of 10 Developers to Meet Deadlines
- Sr. Enterprise Data Warehouse Engineer at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Software Engineer at Vane Line Bunkering
- Intern at Laureate Education Inc
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Information Systems
• Work with various business stakeholders including Data analysts/scientists to understand requirements and pain areas for providing end to end sustainable analytic solutions for the new area of analysis involving User Experience data with multiple MATLAB products
• Profile and analyze large source data sets, including structured and semi-structured web activity data (XML & JSON) to facilitate analysis and integration with other company data
• Translate reporting and analysis requirements into logical & physical data models with Operational Data Store and dimensional data modeling through ER/Studio
• Create data load pipelines to transform various source data into Staging database tables and data warehouse through SAP Data Services, Informatica Power center, MS SQL Server, AWS S3 and Redshift
• Reviewing and developing complex ETL processes to load data coming from sources like XML and JSON
• Create analytic sandbox for the data analysts, including tables with various level of aggregation, pivot tables from the data warehouse to aid ad-hoc analysis
• Build reports and dashboards using Business objects Universe & PowerBI (to analyze User Experience data)
• Document complex integration pipelines into easy-to-understand technical specifications
• Create various stories and tasks in JIRA to track and maintain project deliverables through agile methodology
• Troubleshoot and test ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced
• Implement data auditing & Quality check strategies and processes to ensure data integrity
• Provide day to day support and monitoring to business consumers of the data
• Maintain ETL jobs & programming scripts through Skybot job scheduler for the data availability Environment: SAP Data Services, Informatica Power Center 9.6, MS SQL Server 2016, Python, AWS (RDS, S3 and Redshift), Skybot, PowerBI, Business Object & JIRA
- Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer at MathWorks
- Sr. Datawarehouse Consultant at Essential Technologies, Inc
- Lead ETL Developer (Consultant) at Essential Technologies, Inc
- Lead ETL Developer (Consultant) at Essential Technologies, Inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information & Technology - Information & Technology
Project productivity reporting system:
• Developed automated 'Rally (Enterprise level Project tracking tool)' data extraction system using Python Pyral package.
• Set up automated Rally data loads to staging, fact and aggregation layer tables built in Teradata MPP Database.
• Developed complex Teradata SQLs to clean and aggregate data at different hierarchies (user, feature and task) to effectively measure resource productivity across different enterprise wide projects. Data mart views built on this system provided insights to leadership in effectively projecting staffing needs for next 1year projects and improve productivity of existing teams by 50%. Claims Data management system:
• Developed new ETL workflows for claims data management system using Wherescape RED and Teradata.
• Set up new claims' datasets with added measures and dimension required for business insights.
• Set up automated Data quality checks using complex SQLs.
- Data Warehouse Engineer Intern at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Assistant Professor at Computer Science Department
3 months at this Job
- Master's in computer science - with specialized in Data Science
- Master of Technology - Technology
- Bachelor's in computer science - computer science
Technology Stack: PLX script, Google SQL, Dremel SQL, PLX workflow, Tableau, Big Query
9.5, 10, Python Responsibilities:
● Responsible for implementation and onboarding of Google DCstat BI system.
● Conducted workshops with clients for Requirements Gathering and Analysis
● Design and Development of ETL mappings using PLX script.
● Scheduling workflow through PLX workflow script.
● Writing Complex SQLs using Analytical Functions, List Aggregate Function, Virtual Function and Inline views in Google SQL and Dremel SQL.
● Data Analysis using Complex SQL.
● Created dashboards using Tableau version 9.5 and 10.
● Created python scripts using python libraries like NumPy, Panda and Beautiful Soup etc.
- Data Warehouse Engineer at Google
- Senior Consultant at Oracle India Pvt. Ltd
- Senior Software Developer at Incedo
- IT Analyst at Tata Consultancy Services
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science