Employed by DoubleStar, Inc. as a Consultant to the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education in Harrisburg, PA
• Project management
• BI strategy design and implementation
• Training plan design and implementation
• Documentation, briefs and elevator pitches
• Project Marketing and Communication
• Data Governance & Quality Assurance
• Customer Service software selection
• Intra-departmental Data Sharing agreements.
- Project Manager and Data Warehouse Analyst at DoubleStar, Inc
- Site Manager and Business Intelligence Consultant at DoubleStar, Inc.
- Project Manager and Business Intelligence Analyst at DoubleStar, Inc.
- Data Warehouse Project Manager and Team Lead at DoubleStar, Inc
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- BBA - Computer Science/Accounting
- Certificate - Project Management
- Certificate - Human Resources
Davis, California This position serves as the Data System Architect/Analyst/Developer, working with the lead Decision
Support System Architect/Analyst/Developer under the general direction of the Data Warehouse project
manager. The Campus Data Warehouse is a complex campus wide database containing organized
transactional and historical data primarily from the student information system. Responsible for the development, enhancement and ongoing support of major campus Infrastructure Systems, Web
Applications, and Warehousing Systems.
● Provide technical leadership, primary analytical, development, maintenance, and operational support for the Campus Data Warehouse and the related web-based reporting application including Provost Dashboard and SIS Decision Support
● Integrate complex data from a variety of sources (Databases, Flat Files, HTML files, XML files, etc) using Informatica 9.6.1 and CloverETL. Also have a working knowledge of Microsoft SSIS.
● Develop mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources into the Data warehouse using different transformations like Source Qualifier, JAVA, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Update Strategy and Joiner
● Develop PL/SQL procedures/packages using 'table functions' to load data into Oracle target tables
● Analyze data structures of source systems, design and develop Data Modeling (Relational, dimensional, Star and Snowflake Schema) to integrate information using data mapping and ETL coding.
● Handle metadata management, data migration and serve as a conduit to report writers and functional/business analysts.
● Implement Database Tuning: Broad Experience in Database Development including effective use of Database objects, SQL Trace, Explain Plan, Different types of Optimizers, Hints, Indexes, Table Partitions, Sub Partitions, Materialized Views, Global Temporary tables, Autonomous Transitions, Bulk Binds, Capabilities of using Oracle Built-in Functions.
● Analyze users' needs, data and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within the time and cost constraints and works with a team of developers. Ensures the development and adherence to coding standards. Prepares both high-level and detailed analysis and definition of application business requirements. Provides guidance and mentoring; creates and manages team and individual goals and provides regular feedback for development team members and management.
● Build and maintain the user tracking web application using ColdFusion with Oracle as the backend database to manage warehouse applicants and users.
● Apply independent decision-making and initiative in performing development activities with the goal of meeting organizational objectives and priorities, and comply with established development processes and Administrative Computing Policy.
● Architect the design of enhancements, subsystems, and systems and develop the detail design and data model specifications, including estimates of development time, which provide effective solutions for meeting client requirements within budgetary, technology, and time constraints.
● Perform software development of programs, screens, forms, reports, data loading processes interfaces, and other objects, including database schemas and security as specified by design specifications; perform unit, integration, and system testing of programs. Provide well-organized comprehensive, complete system, programs and processes documentation.
● Provide operational and data integrity support for the Campus Data Warehouse.
● Coordinate production data loading processes with input from Student Affairs core offices. Manage the data integrity of the system by monitoring data loading processes, and performing verification of data loading processes and developing data integrity-checking queries and tools.
● Listen and respond to problem reports, implementing data problem resolutions where necessary.
● Assist system evaluations, design discussions, development, and implementation.
● Design and build efficient SQL queries, analyzes query time comparisons, and makes efficient use indexes to improve query times.
● Work with application developers to support test and production reporting environments including daily administration, batch processing, configuration management, environment migration, and tool automation.
- Data Systems Analyst at University of California
- Programmer, Banner Student Information System at University of California
- Software Engineer at Siebel Systems
- Software Consultant at Systar Technologies
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
Data Team (Contractor)
• Led SME interview meetings to create a DRD(Data Requirement Document) for 15+ banking systems to be decommissioned or re-coded.
• Analyzed SME's response to the DRD for each individual system. Included all inbound data elements, business name/definition, physical name, granularity, frequency, etc.
• The team collectively consolidated 30+ DRD's and created a unique superset of data elements.
- Senior Data Warehouse Analyst at Union Bank
- Senior Business Technology Consultant at Union Bank
- Business Intelligence Manager - Capital Markets at ReadyCap Commercial, LLC
- Manager/Director of Business Intelligence/EDW Team at Ten
4 months at this Job
- Computer Programming and Information Systems - Design & Implementing a SQL Server
Worked as a Senior IT Project Manager for the Business Operations Team at a not for profit healthcare company managing multiple corporate strategic projects. Ø Assembled and managed a project team of Developers, Business Analysts, and QA resources. Ø Developed and implemented detailed project plans, budgets and resource allocations. Ø Served as the point of contact for the existing medical claims vendor, print vendor and new behavioral health vendor. Ø Prepared and presented executive status progress reports to Senior Management and product owners at weekly project meetings. Ø Escalated issues to management and managed project RAID. Ø Identified and managed risk areas that could inhibit successful project completion.
- Senior Project Manager at Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
- Senior Project Consultant for Millstone Medical at SG3 Consulting, LLC
- Pharmacy Data Warehouse Project Manager for CVS Health (customer) at Randstad Technologies
- Business Systems Senior Advisor for Dell Inc at Perot Systems Inc
7 months at this Job
- Associate in Science - computing and Networking
- Associate in Arts - General Studies
Unix/Linux Platform with Progress database.
➢ Data warehouse Project Manager: Work with consultants to design, integrate, and develop use cases for the data warehouse on SQL server platform.
➢ Informatica Implementation/Project Manager: Work with Informatica consultants and ERP admins to create connectivity with 14 ERP systems.
➢ Backup Sage 100 System Admin. Work with Var and Sage to resolve production issues.
➢ Royal 4 Sys Admin/Business Analyst/Programmer Production Support/. Ensure that the R4 ERP system is running smoothly. Resolve production issues.
➢ Progress. Write/modify progress/web programs as part of the R4 ERP system. Write specs external programming resources to program. Perform initial testing, coordinate UAT and Implementation with business.
➢ EDI. Oversee EDI issues and resolve any that require changes to the ERP system.
➢ Cyberquery. Write Cyberquery programs that access the R4/Progress database.
- System Administrator/Project Lead/Business Analyst at Boyd Corporation
- JDE E1 9.0 Business Analyst at Insight Global/Life Technologies
- Sr Developer, Business Analyst, Liaison at Tata Consultancy Services
- Progress/WebSpeed Developer/Analyst at Boyd Corporation
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Technical Project Manager in Infrastructure conducting projects for Infrastructure, Business Units and Corporate Enterprise. Conducted over 30 projects ranging from 2 months to 2 years in length. The largest was a Telephony - LAN/WAN project with $400,000 in labor and an RFP resulting in $13 million in orders for telephony and LAN/WAN hardware, software and consulting services. Conducted 2 projects for company acquisitions including employee on-boarding, supply of desktop hardware and software for homeworkers and office workers and access rights to Maritz systems in the US and Canada. Conducted projects with new hardware and software purchases, upgrades and replacements.
- Technical Project Manager, Infrastructure and Enterprise at MARITZ, INC
- Contractor through TEKsystems at EXPRESS SCRIPTS, INC
- 5 years as Functional Manager, Data Warehouse and Data Storage at EDWARD JONES
- Project Manager, Sales Force Automation Application Software at DELTEK SYSTEMS, INC
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Project Management
New York, NY 04/2016 to 09/2018
Global Platform Applications Manager / IT Delivery Manager (Consultant)
• Accountable for several projects running simultaneously across enterprise including: Enterprise Data Warehouse Development, Policy Administration Application Development, Business Objects Report Development and Production Support of 5 legacy systems in a matrix environment with 5 direct reports and 17 indirect reports.
• Led the development of the Direct to Consumer Portal Project working with a 3rd party vendor to implement the application for customers to purchase insurance on-line.
• Managed the development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse with 3rd party vendor replacing SSIS mapping to use Informatica.
• Responsible for the management and oversight of Application Delivery and Management of the High Value Home Owners (HVHO) Policy Administration System and International Application Policy System (IAL) for Dubai, Australia and UK.
• Obtained knowledge of Liberty Mutual / Ironshore Insurance Property & Casualty Specialty Insurance Business.
• Managed project budgets (over $1M), roadmap, forecasts, issues, risks, vendor invoices and timesheets for monthly reporting to senior management.
• Led project management of several disaster recovery efforts involving database and server migrations of applications to the London Data Center.
• Negotiated contracts with Informatica, Total Objects, Mongo DB, Media Agility for software purchase and support.
• Communicated Monthly Project Status to stakeholders / internal team members and provided presentations to Global Change Approval Board (GCAB) for leadership review, strategy, prioritization and approval.
• Worked closely with product owners (Underwriting and Finance leadership) with one on one monthly meetings and weekly status meetings for requirements gathering of system enhancements, bug fixes, business prioritization and to establish relationships.
• Led project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for strategic, high impact, and high risk projects. Manages risk and ensures that solutions to problems are implemented in line with change control processes.
• Focused on production support items and tracked progress in Jira using scrum techniques (daily stand-ups, product backlog, retrospectives and 4 week release cycle.
- Global Platform Applications Manager / IT Delivery Manager (Consultant) at Precision Global Consultants / Ironshore Insurance
- Decision Analytics Manager / IT Project Manager (Consultant) at Monroe Staffing / General Reinsurance
- AVP Information Technology at Tower Group International Insurance
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MGR. / SR. PROJECT MANAGER at Travelers Insurance
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters - Technology Management
Data Center Modernization - Managing infrastructure projects that are critical to global data centers modernization including storage array upgrades, application migrations, and AIX server refresh - Managing relationships and scope with internal clients - Key interface with external service provider with domestic and off-shore resources
- Senior Project Manager, Global Program Management Office at HCL
- Principal Project Manager, End User Computing at Sabre
- Military and Commercial Program Manager at Composite Technology Inc
- Director of Portfolio Management and Strategy at Viverae
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Systems Science
Director of all Enterprise level programs and projects within Mecklenburg County Government.
➢ Led the creation, development and implementation of Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO).
➢ Manage large County-wide transformation efforts which are cross functional; including construction, technology, human resources, process, change management, training, web services.
➢ Strategic Alignment with County Executive Team in shaping the landscape of projects and programs throughout the County.
➢ Create Waterfall and Agile Project Standards and methodologies used throughout Mecklenburg County
➢ Develop Prioritization, Business Case, Reporting, and Funding Models for all Capital and Technology Projects
➢ Create Practic.al Project Management training and tools for non-official project managers throughout County.
➢ Manage large staff of certified Program and Project Managers responsible for project execution and delivery of over 30 simultaneous projects. Ensures completion of projects from original concept through final implementation.
➢ Project execution: ◦ Ensure that all the projects are staffed with the right Project Manager. ◦ Coach Project Managers to achieve the project objectives. ◦ Ensure the consistency of the data in the forecasting, planning, and reporting tools. ◦ Manage budgets for projects in the portfolio. ◦ Help project managers to escalate project issues and find solutions.
➢ Review and approve project budgets, funding requests, forecasts, invoices, cost allocations, and reporting.
➢ Coach and reinforce project management best practices. Apply lessons learned from previous projects.
➢ Ensure compliance with department policies, procedures and practices. Environment & Tools: PMI, Waterfall and SDLC, Agile/Scrum. Microsoft Project, Microsoft Suite of Products, Daptiv
- Director, Enterprise Project Management Office at Mecklenburg County, NC
- Manager, Business Improvement Services at Mecklenburg County, NC
- Senior Process Consultant at Mecklenburg County, NC
- Senior Project Manager at Mecklenburg County, NC
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration
Responsible for automating the Private Wealth Management (PWM) Group's loan portfolio reporting program.
• Architected and managed the automated residential loan reporting solution that went live in June 2016. Delivered: ◦ The bank's new loan origination system with full data migration of all legacy loans. ◦ Inbound data processes from multiple loan origination systems, reference data sources, loan servicing vendors, FICO score agencies and global general ledger. ◦ Outbound feeds to the global financial data warehouse and various regulatory reporting databases. ◦ Hadoop processes to analyze data quality, data accuracy and Fed mandated edit checks. ◦ Successfully delivered the bank's first automated CCAR report to the Federal Reserve in June 2016.
• Defined the program's data governance framework for loan data that allows stakeholders to: ◦ Identify data lineage, quality and transformations from initial data source to final reporting line item. ◦ Align data dependencies across data sources to understand data usage by business unit and report. ◦ Manage and implement ever changing Fed edit check guidelines on a timely basis.
- Program Manager at Deutsche Bank
- Managing Director at LiquidHub
- Data Warehouse Project Manager at Ambac Assurance Corp
- Information Management Practice Lead at Knowledgent Group
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Information and Decision Systems