• Blue Shield of California is a Health Insurance provider.
• Supporting Benefit Focus web portals with MySQL, Tivoli DB2 data ware house environments, Provider Book of Records and Value based Program ware house environments under Netezza Striper/Mako environments.
• Successfully supporting 2 PureApp environments with web sphere and 100+ DB2 VMs.
• Successfully supporting Mysql EDGE environments.
• Our Main frame environment host HP and Need to have time to time setup client servers and db2 client software connectivity to Main frame databases.
• Implemented WLM, Netezza Fluid query, DB2 Federation and Oracle Data links etc.
• Implemented 10 node Cloudera Hadoop environment with heavy usage of SQOOP.
• Successfully implemented IBM Info Sphere Federation Server (IIFS), Info sphere data replication (IIDR(CDC)) and Information Governance catalog.
• Setup, maintain and support replication between Blue Cross Blue shield regions with IIDR replication sync the data for Value based Applications which resided in various RDBMS's and Operating systems. Planning and implementing technology evaluations for a Transactional Database Platform
• Pioneering the use of DB2 LUW in IBM PureApp appliance, MYSQL, MONGODB & INFORMIX within Mentoring Application, Infrastructure, Operation teams on transactional database best practices.
• Written scripts to scan all database vulnerabilities for all databases (DB2, MySQL, Netezza, Oracle & INFORMIX) as per CIS Bench Marks.
• Setup standardized the OPS team work by preparing the Operation turn over documents for DB engineers.
• Written roles and responsibilities for OPS DBA team.
• Lead Database engineers and Operation teams.
• Architect, Design database solutions to support Analytics and BI applications
• Integrate Analytic solutions with legacy price optimization and modeling applications.
• Collaborate with Science, Analytics, Reporting, Product management, Operation teams to design, deploy, capacity planning, performance tuning, and troubleshooting issues.
• Streamlined Database release process and documentation procedures.
• Guided OPS with the Datacenter re-location effort.
• Working on Cassandra for doing POC for Provider Book of Records project.
- Database Architect at Blue Shield of California
- Database Architect at IBM
- Lead DBA/Manager at VISA Inc
- Sr. Database Engineer at VISA Inc
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma in Electronics & Communications Engineering - Electronics & Communications Engineering
Feb'18 to till date.
Project: USDA Farm Servicing Agency
Role: Data Modeler / Database Architect USDA data is stored into different databases and on different servers. Project is about to gather information from all these databases and place them into centralize data warehouse. Requirement is to build a process where upcoming projects should follow these procedures for better performance on data extraction and generate reports on it. Responsibilities:
• Designing conceptual, logical and physical data models and maintain the existing models.
• Convert normalized data models into de-normalized data models by various data modeling technics and review the same with the data Architects.
• Maintained data repository which consists of definitions of all the data elements.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
• Enforce standards and best practices around data modeling efforts.
• Created mapping document with business rules through power designer.
• Worked with DBA to get database scripts and designed models from scripts.
• Generate scripts from the data models from Power designer and process the same to DBA to generate database.
• Maintained conceptual, logical and physical data models along with metadata and use sub versions as versioning tool.
• Worked with application teams to standardize the data elements and reuse the same across all the models.
• Created standards stereotypes in model and reuse the same across all the models.
• Support application developers, reports developer and keep the models up-to date.
• Prepare plans to move the extraction from application server to data-ware house server.
• Create mapping from Source to raw tables and from raw tables to database needed.
• Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
• Create design documents to support the models created. Environment: Power designer 16.0, MS SQL Server 2014, 2008 / 2008r, Business Intelligence (SSIS), TOAD, Data-Stage, Subversion, Mainframe, Sybase, JIRA, SVN, Power designer, IBM DB2, UNIX, Win-SCP and Windows XP.
- Data Modeler / Database Architect at US federal Government, Agricultural Dept. (USDA)
- MS BI Lead at Giant Eagle
- MS BI Developer / Business Data Analyst at Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- MS BI (SSIS/SSRS) Developer at Generali
1 year, 7 months at this Job
Working as an Architect, Developer and Administrator on database related projects of varying sizes and complexity I have possessed following roles and responsibilities over the years with UMASS.
• I am leading a DB team consists of 8 Database resources. DB team handles Database Architect activities, backend development, Production and Database Administration of different projects for internal and external clients. Further, DB team is responsible of taking care of 6PB of Data center consists of ~20% of SQL 2008 R2, ~60% of SQL 2012, ~15% of SQL 2016 and 5% of Oracle over Flex Pod with SOC II Level 2 compliance and AWS RDS SQL 2017 instance over cloud.
• Over the time I have mentor many resources as Database developers and DBAs.
• I have Analyzed the data in Agile Development (i.e. involved Data Vendors, BA/Dev/QA Managers and Clients) and worked on Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models and Schema Architectures for heterogeneous and homogeneous (i.e. OLTP, OLAP) data structures using Power Builder, Rational Rose and Erwin Data Modeler for the provided Customer Requirement Specification.
• Arrange Data Mappings and define their potential transformations (Source to Destination Mapping).
• Design and implement the OLTP database architecture for application(s), Point of sales systems, data ingestion systems, ETL and ELT processes.
• Create CLR SPs/TSQL SPs, CLR Functions/UDF for DDL layers of internal/external applications used for University and to Implement Business/Transformation rules
• Data Flows/ETL/ELT/Integration tools and techniques are used to design and implement ETL/ELT layers for different data centric projects/applications using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Query Execution Plan(s), Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning, Maintenance plans and Red-Gate tools are used to Identifying, resolving and testing the Performance and optimization Issues/concerns related to any of the Database objects (i.e. SQL Queries, Stored Procedures etc.).
• Optimized the Procedures used in ELT/ETL layers, e.g. in one of the instances, before execution time was 36 hours which was reduced to 3 minutes.
• Convert the complex cursor procedures to the SQL Select statements to get the optimized performance and gain in time reduction.
• Implement Data Cleansing/Validation/Masking rules to insure the integrity of the data, to validate and scrub the vendor content in staging databases/warehouse databases (using Red-Gate, DQS, CDC, SSIS, Team Foundation Server etc.).
• Collect the data contents from different external/internal data vendor's site(s) and place them to the central repositories using Python scripts.
• Implement Change Data Capture (CDC) to sync the client's databases with main Datawarehouse database (central repository).
• Design Star Schemas for OLAP Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases, then construct and automate Partitioned Relational and Tabular Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS).
• Define KPI, designed Analytical Grids and Reports using Performance Point Server.
• Create SSRS Subscriptions, Cached and De-normalized Data for complex varying Data Reports for faster access.
• Designing formatted Parameterized Reports and Sub Reports with Drilldown and Popup using SSRS, Power Pivot, Power BI, Crystal Reports, Qlik Sense, Tableau, MDX, DAX, Cubes, SPs and Views.
• For one of the projects, implement the Hybrid Replication (i.e. Merge and Transactional Replication) to replicate the data from different Data Source to destined Databases. Preparing the Articles and published them through Pull Subscription on the request of the subscriber from the client servers. Environment: SQL Server 2008 to 2017, SQL Server Azure, AWS RDS, AWS S3, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SAP Crystal Reports 2013, Red-Gate Data comparison tools, DQS, CDC, OLTP, SQL Agent, MDX, DAX, OLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP, ROLAP, Star and Snowflake schema techniques, Cubes, Power Pivot, Power BI, Data Warehousing, Data Mining, Performance Point Server, KPI, MS-Visio Enterprise, Qlik Sense, Tableau and Data Masker
- Senior Database Architect at UMASS MEDICAL
- Senior DBA at TRIPADVISOR
- Senior DBA at PEAKPOINT INC
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
Currently supporting multiple projects at the same time Supporting and enhancing existing database schemas. Troubleshoot and resolve data related issues. Database schema design, maintenance and migration Analyze performance of applications and take actions to prevent performance issues related to data. Provide support to BA team with data evaluation, business rules and validations. Works collaboratively with application developers to design and develop Database objects such as view, function, stored procedure and tables. Provides input to and collaborates with cross-teams. Assists with planning, designing, documenting and maintaining database systems Works on Agile SCRUM environment
Currently supporting multiple projects at the same time
Supporting and enhancing existing database schemas.
Troubleshoot and resolve data related issues.
Database schema design, maintenance and migration
Analyze performance of applications and take actions to prevent performance issues related to data.
Provide support to BA team with data evaluation, business rules and validations.
Works collaboratively with application developers to design and develop Database objects such as view, function, stored procedure and tables.
Provides input to and collaborates with cross-teams.
Assists with planning, designing, documenting and maintaining database systems
Works on Agile SCRUM environment
- Database Architect at Department of Labor/DOL
- Database Developer/Engineer at Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau/TTB
- Database Developer/DBA at Jewish War Veterans of the USA/JWV
- Database Developer at Technobros
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
Project: Comcast Platform Architecture MongoDB Roles & Responsibilities
• Reviewing application requirements, then design the MongoDB infrastructure to supplement the application of the end-to-end integrated solution.
• Designing, Building, and automating the on premise MongoDB Architecture using Ansible.
• Assisting teams with planning and executing the major MongoDB version upgrades for existing systems, and/or transitions from on premise installations to cloud infrastructure.
• Working with IT and engineering teams to maintain on premise MongoDB instances
• Automate routine database tasks by leveraging scripting languages such as Bash, Python.
• Designing, Building, and automating MongoDB complex shared environment on AWS cloud using Terraform & Ansible.
• Assisting the developers/Application team in configuring the correct Read preference, Read concern, write concern as per the business requirement.
• User and database security management i.e. creating groups, users, roles, granting permissions, policies etc.
• Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of production issues and Performance Tuning.
• Configuring Filebeat & Metricbeat on the MongoDB servers to ingest to Elastic search for centralized Logging & Monitoring. AWS Roles & responsibilities
• Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, particularly multi-region/multi-AZ environments.
• Develop solutions architectures and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other Cloud services.
• Maintaining database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
• Expertise in AWS Aurora, Postgres, Elastic Search, DocumentDB & DynamoDB.
• Expertise in working with Terraform to automate cloud deployments.
• Expertise in AWS governance by leveraging the services like CloudTrail, Cloudwatch, AWS Config, Trusted Advisor, AWS budget explorer.
• Understanding of core AWS services (such as EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Route53, Lambda and Kinesis) uses and basic architecture best practices. Elastic Search, Logstash & Kibana Roles & Responsibilities
• Expertise in setting up Elasticsearch complex cluster (Ingest nodes, Master nodes, content nodes & Data nodes) using CI/CD workflow with Teamcity & Octopus.
• Architect, configure, deploy and manage Elasticsearch clusters, nodes and indexes associated with search capabilities
• Automate and innovate new ways to manage large database clusters and improve existing Elasticsearch performance.
• Experience automating things with shell scripts, AWS CLI, or other tools
• In depth exposure in designing, implementing, and deploying ELK solution on premise and cloud.
• Preparing the Logstash pipeline/configs for data sources from AWS Kinesis, Metricbeat, packetbeat, Filebeat, SQL, AWS SQS etc.
• Expertise in re-indexing, template creation/modification, snapshot & restore process.
• Automating the routine Elastic search activities like retention & backups using bash.
• Experience working with Kibana Dashboards & Visualizations. SQL Server Roles & Responsibilities
• Implement high availability, scalability and disaster recovery solutions by leveraging Always On Availability Groups, failover clustering & other data replication technologies like Transactional & Peer to Peer replication.
• Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Meeting with clients to understanding their needs (lead architect assessment meetings), and determining gaps between those and technical functionality, and collaborating with all stakeholders to generate mutually agreeable and advantageous solutions.
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
• Working with security team to look for vulnerabilities and rolling out the right patches to be compliant. Performing custom scans across the DB's to track the PCI & PII data and ensuring the rights steps are taken towards masking/deleting the same. Performing security audits to track the elevated permission on the databases and taking security measures to remove the same.
• Responsible for evaluating and recommending data query and modeling tools to assist with data architecture activities, development and communication of best practices for those tools, and activities to improve effectiveness and quality. Establishes and participates in data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship and governance. Client: Christie's Auction House Project: Infra Database Support
• Installation/Upgrade, Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server SQL2000/05/08/12/14.
• Implement high availability, scalability and disaster recovery solutions by leveraging Always On Availability Groups, failover clustering & other data replication technologies
• Partner with Infrastructure & DevOps teams on automation of database infrastructure setups and upgrades.
• Responsible for the security, performance and scalability of the components from database architecture and engineering perspective.
• Provide DBA expertise/support across our production and non-production environments with primary focus on SQL Server, but with a willingness and ability to manage other SQL and NoSQL database platforms.
• Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins.
• Collaborate with development teams on implementing new database technologies/capabilities, improving database performance and evangelizing database best practices
• Worked on SIOS Data keeper(Flash / SSD's storage) on Virtualization Env to design SAN-less cluster.
• Worked with SQL server Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) and SQL Server Performance Dashboards.
• Worked on performance tools like SQL nexus, SQL profiler, performance monitor, DTA, SQL sentry plan explorer.
• Well versed with monitoring tools like SQL Sentry, SQL Idera, SCOM, Solarwinds DPA.
• Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's RPO and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO). Clients: PortAmerica, NBIM,CSM, Rentokil, ING Vysya Bank Project: Global shared services
• Installed/Upgraded, Administrated and Maintenance of SQL Server SQL2000/05/08.
• Built SQL Active/Passive clusters and maintaining the same.
• Performed the in-place and side-by-side upgrade of SQL 2005 to SQL 2008R2.
• Wrote stored procs, triggers and adhoc scripts that would help with DB automation.
• Developed and deployed reporting website for client as per the requirement.
• Investigated & resolved the Filesystem & MSDB deployed SSIS package failures.
• Ensured controlled access management for the application users and developers.
• Designed the Database structure and performed capacity planning for the SQL servers.
• Worked on performance tuning and query optimization for troublesome queries.
• Worked on the database refresh, connectivity issues, deadlock, blocking, tempdb optimization.
• Worked on designing the backup strategy for the SQL servers.
• Worked on implementing the index maintenance strategy for the SQL servers.
- Database Architect at Comcast Cable Communications
- Sr. SQL Server DBA at IBM
- SQL Server DBA at Tech Mahindra
- Configuring the Temp Database at Microsoft Corp
8 years, 2 months at this Job
• As Database Architect responsible for designing and implementing the architecture for the migration of Delphi and HNM application databases from on-premises location to AWS RDS Aurora PostgreSQL including the following tasks: ◦ Understand the structure, security requirements and access to the source databases in DB2 and Oracle ◦ Develop the Cloud Formation Templates to spin the target Aurora PostgreSql instances in AWS RDS for each project ◦ Develop the Jenkins jobs to execute the Cloud Formation Templates in Verizon's VPCs while adhering to corporate security standards ◦ Administer and provide access allowing for ssl connectivity to clients connecting through pgAdmin, ODBC, JDBC and SQL Developer ◦ Use of AWS Schema Conversion Tool to migrate schemas from on-premises source DB2 and Oracle databases to target AWS cloud databases ◦ Modification of SCT created schemas to fix schema migration problems ◦ Use of AWS Migration Data Services to migrate data from on-premises source DB2 and Oracle databases to databases created in AWS RDS cloud ◦ Configuring of Data Migration for continuous replication of of data from source to target ◦ Communicating with support engineers from AWS to resolve technical issues relating to data migration.
- Database Architect on Delphi HNM Migration Projects at Verizon Corporation
- DBA/Database Architect and Security Specialist at State of Pennsylvania Dept. of Revenue
- DBA/Database Architect at AT&T Middletown NJ
- DBA/Database Architect and Security Specialist at State of Pennsylvania Dept. of Revenue
11 months at this Job
- MS Information Technology - IT Security
- BS - Mathematics
Designed and implemented database solutions around backups, hi-availability, replication, monitoring and performance for both stand-alone and internal cloud database systems. Developed POC for haproxy and keepalived for MySQL on-prem cloud database systems.
- Database Architect at INTEL CORPORATION
- at INTEL CORPORATION
- DBA Manager at INTEL CORPORATION
- Technical Director, Databases at MCAFEE, INC
5 months at this Job
· Work with developers to normalize databases · Structure future schemas · Work with developers to plan strategies for applications · Conduct team meetings · Research different database types to decide the best one for the application we plan to develop
· Work with developers to normalize databases
· Structure future schemas
· Work with developers to plan strategies for applications
· Conduct team meetings
· Research different database types to decide the best one for the application we plan to develop
- Database Architect/Engineer at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Senior Oracle DBA at Castalia Systems
- Senior Oracle DBA at CSRA/GDIT
- Senior Oracle DBA at Phacil, Inc
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Law and Society - Law and Society
Contractor from HPE)
• Managed the datacenter migration planning and execution from the database perspective.
• Interviewed application owners to better understand the business use and needs of the application.
• Worked closely with the development and infrastructure teams to document processes and inter-dependencies of the application systems.
• Planned, built, and migrated data/databases across the datacenter using various methods such as backup/restore, import/export, upgrade, replication (Gold Gate) and lift & shift.
• Migrated Oracle databases to SuperClusters.
• Documented the procedures for Oracle, Kafka and Hadoop clusters for lift & shift migration approach.
• Built runbooks and process documents for the implementation.
- Lead Database Architect/Administrator at United Airlines
- Team Lead / Senior Database Administrator at CCC Information Services
- VP / Database Management Lead at JPMorgan Chase
- Lead Database Administrator at Comdisco
10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- BS - Computing and Information Science
- Database Architect Intern at Cotiviti Inc.
- Data Analyst at Airbnb Kaggle Competition
- Translator/ Activity Planner at Jimmy Carter Center China Program
- Data Analyst at Aid based on Needs Project
2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Applied Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Sciences - Economics & International Studies