As the senior Database architect with the police department, I have evaluated the entire technology stack and came up with recommendations that included new infrastructure and integration of the various systems. This comprehensive analysis of the systems resulted in net savings to the department by consolidating the entire technology stack and developing an analytical layer of data for reporting purposes, rather than having each unit doing their own reporting.
• Setup database appliance (ODA X5-2) on Linux platform
• Upgraded 126.96.36.199 databases to 12c
• Migrated large Oracle databases with size of about 3.1T from the legacy system over to Oracle Database Appliance 5x-2- ODA (Oracle Engineered System)
• Setup RMAN JOBS to run on the new system
• Integrated jobs from Lotus databases over to Oracle databases with the use of sql loader
• Worked with Code America to set up Use of Force system to track Officers in the field
• Applied critical patches on ODA
• Presided over weekly team meetings to identify problem areas and discuss improvements to satisfy the client.
• Interface with client (BPD) to understand their requirements and implement solutions.
• Implemented Fined grained access control to suppress expunged records from the Database
• Implemented tablespace encryption to protect sensitive data
• Troubleshoot problems with jobs
• Tune sql statements with issues
• Identified issues with PLSQL PROCEDURES and Recommend fixes
• Participate in agency meetings to define strategic approach for a new Technology stack.
• Plan resources to anticipate future growths
• Ensure the smooth functioning of Oracle databases in a 24/7 environment.
• Designed and configured 3 node Real Application Clusters (RAC systems) for production and a 2 node RAC for Development and Testing environments
• Migrated 11G databases from the legacy systems at Inner harbor datacenter over to the new infrastructure at the tierpoint data center.
• Upgraded 11g databases to 12c
• Created container databases
• Converted non pdb databases and plugged then into the containers.
• Functioned as the Linux system admin by installing, setting up and configuring ASM storage devices.
• Migrated the IAPro database to Oracle Cloud
- Principal Sr. Database Architect at Information Technology Section
- Sr. Oracle Database Administrator at OJP
- Sr. Oracle Database Engineer at Government of the District of Columbia
- Sr. Principal Analyst - Lead Database Adminstrator at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
- - RAC Concepts and Architecture
• Worked as Database Lead/Database Architect and Managed 8-10 SQL and MYSQL DBA/Developer.
• Involved in Architect of SQL Server and MYSQL for Enterprise Solutions.
• Experience in Migration of MYSQL 5.7 to SQL Server 2014/2016.
• Work Closely with Business Analyst and Collect business requirement to construct initial cut of Conceptual, Logical database design and Physical database design with tool such as Erwin Data Modeler and Enterprise Architect.
• Experience in Development and Administration of MongoDB.
• Experience in Replica Sets and Sharding feature of MongoDB.
• Worked as key player in Architecture/Development/Administration of SQL Server and MYSQL Database for DOD Applications.
• Work closely with Developers and Quality Assurance Team on SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Provided Guidance on SQL Server and MYSQL Architect.
• Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling with Star, Snowflake and Galaxy Model design.
• Experience in Complex SSIS Package for Data Warehouse and DataMart.
• Involved in all development activities such as writing complex Store Procedure, Functions, Views and Triggers.
• Implementation of High Availability features of SQL 2016 with Read-only Secondary Server for Highly readable workloads and Automatic Failover technology.
• Participated in regular meeting with Customers as Database Architect and provided innovative Solutions.
• Implemented MongoDB on small-scale projects and provided support for Maintenance and Sustainability.
• Experience in PowerShell Scripting and Automation.
• Provided Guidance and Technical Support to Database, Developer and QA Team.
• Strong Experience in Database Development, Administration and Operation of OLTP and OLAP System.
• Experience in SQL Azure and HDInsight.
• Expert in Performance Tuning of SQL Server and MYSQL Server.
• Experience in SSAS cubes and Tableau Reporting tools.
- Database Team Lead/Database Architect at American Systems
- Principle Database Engineer/Database Architect (DBA/Developer Lead) at REI Systems Inc
- Senior SQL Server, Sybase Server DBA/Developer at AmeriHealth Administrations
- SQL Server DBA at West Corporation
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Blue Shield of California is a Health Insurance provider.
• Supporting Benefit Focus web portals with MySQL, Tivoli DB2 data ware house environments, Provider Book of Records and Value based Program ware house environments under Netezza Striper/Mako environments.
• Successfully supporting 2 PureApp environments with web sphere and 100+ DB2 VMs.
• Successfully supporting Mysql EDGE environments.
• Our Main frame environment host HP and Need to have time to time setup client servers and db2 client software connectivity to Main frame databases.
• Implemented WLM, Netezza Fluid query, DB2 Federation and Oracle Data links etc.
• Implemented 10 node Cloudera Hadoop environment with heavy usage of SQOOP.
• Successfully implemented IBM Info Sphere Federation Server (IIFS), Info sphere data replication (IIDR(CDC)) and Information Governance catalog.
• Setup, maintain and support replication between Blue Cross Blue shield regions with IIDR replication sync the data for Value based Applications which resided in various RDBMS's and Operating systems. Planning and implementing technology evaluations for a Transactional Database Platform
• Pioneering the use of DB2 LUW in IBM PureApp appliance, MYSQL, MONGODB & INFORMIX within Mentoring Application, Infrastructure, Operation teams on transactional database best practices.
• Written scripts to scan all database vulnerabilities for all databases (DB2, MySQL, Netezza, Oracle & INFORMIX) as per CIS Bench Marks.
• Setup standardized the OPS team work by preparing the Operation turn over documents for DB engineers.
• Written roles and responsibilities for OPS DBA team.
• Lead Database engineers and Operation teams.
• Architect, Design database solutions to support Analytics and BI applications
• Integrate Analytic solutions with legacy price optimization and modeling applications.
• Collaborate with Science, Analytics, Reporting, Product management, Operation teams to design, deploy, capacity planning, performance tuning, and troubleshooting issues.
• Streamlined Database release process and documentation procedures.
• Guided OPS with the Datacenter re-location effort.
• Working on Cassandra for doing POC for Provider Book of Records project.
- Database Architect at Blue Shield of California
- Database Architect at IBM
- Lead DBA/Manager at VISA Inc
- Sr. Database Engineer at VISA Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Diploma in Electronics & Communications Engineering - Electronics & Communications Engineering
Continuity as Software Engineer IV / Database Architect responsibilities, noted below, maintained customer support
during DoD contract transition from Jacobs to Raytheon
• Use Agile methodologies to initially release minimal viable software products & continually upgrade product capabilities
• Member of team that was awarded one of the best customer reviews ever received by the company
• Travel to USAF military installations to support a variety of Engineering projects
- Sr Database Technologist II / Database Architect at RAYTHEON
- Software Engineer IV / Database Architect at JACOBS TECHNOLOGY
- Lead Database Administrator III (Shipbuilding) at HUNTINGTON-INGALLS INDUSTRIES
- Manufacturing Manager at CYLINK CORPORATION
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Technology
• Lead Database Administrator responsible for the Firm's Microsoft SQL Servers and their associated databases including software installation, server configuration, database maintenance and query performance. Proficient in an assortment of database related technologies.
• Document database designs and related processes
• Tune databases and database queries for optimal performance
• Fulfill availability and service level objectives associated with database systems
• Participate in architecting proper solutions and HA/DR strategies for all firm solutions supported by SQL.
• Manage all SQL instances from version 2008 through 2016.
- Database Architect at Participate in architecting proper solutions and HA
- at Sidley Austin LLP. Chicago
- Database Administrator at
- Application Integration Specialist at
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Chemistry
A principal database/db application architect, developer and administrator in a large scale (5 plus TB of data in appr. 200 database instances) SQL Server environment of TV Guide (since 2014 part of CBS Interactive). Responsibilities include: Close work with business decision makers and application architects; Database modelling; Data- and work-flow design; Defining data archival logic and space management; Directing in-house database development; Hands-on implementing complex business logic in SQL code; Performing all types of database administration tasks; Guidance to an off-site DBA team; Troubleshooting and providing solutions in emergency situations. Most significant accomplishments: Carried out an enterprise-scale datacenter migration of production database environment from one state to another. This included process planning, managing, preparing and implementation. As a result the migration went smoothly with no downtime or data loss. Conceptualized, designed, in large part developed, and documented a distributed database system for collecting, transforming, accumulating and web-presenting data from various data providers for the needs of TvGuide.com and affiliated sites. The system accepts various provider-specific non-sql inputs, merges them into a permanent core structure and then transforms resulting data for a farm of presentation databases. Use of database-scale sequences (new SQL Server 2012 feature) allowed for a more flexible design and considerably simplified development. Proposed, designed, and implemented a highly configurable metadata-driven publishing system to asynchronously and fast replicate normalized data from the central data depository server to denormalized presentation databases residing on multiple Web presentation database servers. The project involved creating a customized change tracking for a client API. Designed and created an elegant solution to separate write and read data flows in a mobile notifications' system. As a result of troubleshooting a service broker-based application proposed and implemented a workaround solution for offline queue processing which allowed resolving the application bottlenecks without loss of data. Prepared a thorough documentation package for migration of SQL Server environment to NoSQL platform.
- Senior Database Architect at CBS
- Senior DBA/Data Architect at RESOLVIT (consulting)
- DBA / DBA Group Manager at UGO Entertainment
- Senior Programmer-Analyst at HUBBELL Inc
7 years at this Job
- Master's - Engineering
• Overall of 20 Years of work experience in Information Technology.
• 12+ years of expertise with Oracle versions 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 7.x as both DBA & Developer & Oracle 12c
• 16+ yrs U.S experience with major firms such as HSBC, Pfizer, Verizon, PwC, & IBM,
• Database/Solution Architect in current role, provide group best practices, contingency, etc.
• Over 5 years experience on 7x24x365 Mission critical Systems and Crisis Call management
• High Availability systems using Oracle RAC, ASM, ACFS and VCS
• Database DR Solutions using Standby/Data-Guard, Streams and Advanced Replication (hot-hot) and EMC SRDF, BCV, Double-Take and Exadata.
• Backup strategies using RMAN scripts, EXP/IMP and Data-pump and Net-Backup
• Project phases of Software Life Cycle design, develop., testing, go-live & operational
• Annual data center Contingency exercises, role-swaps and migrations, etc
• Extensive experience on Database/Server Upgrades, Migration and apply patches & Evergreening
• Consolidation efforts on databases and/or server, CPU/Storage cost saving initiatives
• Project Management experience, leading onshore & offshore colleagues
• True team player; strong communication, interpersonal and professionalism and written communication skills.
at this Job
- MBA - Project management
Description: I am responsible for providing Design & Support to Production, Development and QA databases running on MS-SQL 2005, MS-SQL 2008, MS-SQL 2014, MS SQL Server 2016, MS SQL Server 2017. Responsibilities ◦ Responsible to Design & Support Data base environment's running MS-SQL server 2008, 2014, 2016, 2017 ◦ Responsible to work with other Architect/ DBA's. ◦ Collaborate with other data architects for data model management and version control. ◦ Conduct data model reviews with project team members. ◦ Capture technical metadata through data modeling tools. ◦ Enforce standards and best practices around data modeling efforts. ◦ Ensure data warehouse and data mart designs efficiently support BI and end use ◦ Responsible to create database/tables/views/synonyms/groups/users as needed ◦ Created & manage data replication across diff environments. ◦ Design process to migrate production data across different servers. ◦ Worked closely with data modelers in the data model change process ◦ Worked closely with ETL team and all the end users to setup a resource allocation policy. ◦ Responsible to Install & maintain SQL Servers running in Production and non-production environments. ◦ Responsible to setup / admin Sql database replication / database mirroring. ◦ Responsible to lead performance issues (Stored Prod, Design Changes, Index etc). ◦ Involved in data architectural process to foresee any upcoming changes. ◦ Overlook all the system migrations.
- Sr DataBase Architect / Admin (Consultant) at BlueCross BlueShield
- Sr DataBase/Warehouse Admin/Architect at TimeWarner Cable
- Senior Database Administrator at CompuCredit, Inc
- Database Administrator at Matria Health Care
10 months at this Job
Apply significant professional experience and training in information technology and computer programming to the analysis, design, modification, and maintenance of application programs, integrated systems, and/or software solutions.
• Design and Implementation of Spy Optic data warehouse using dimensional models.
• Develop SSIS ETLs using SQL Server and Visual Studio.
• Help define the strategy, architecture and vision of the organizations technology initiatives alongside the Director, IT.
• Provide leadership in areas of the development process, including development standards and practices and architect, design and develop web applications.
• Perform administrator and development functions as dictated by the needs of the business within web applications.
• Partner with business units to understand their current and future needs, then collaborate with vendors and in-house team members to ensure those needs are met
• Partner with the ERP, Business and Technology teams to develop processes, improve reporting, and provide system enhancement
• Work with the team to develop features for existing service- orientated .Net application using C# and Object Orientated programming
• Add functionality to web services either SOAP or REST and integrate API's
• Build out data access layer components using T-SQL stored procedures and SQL Server.
• Web Application support new applications including JS/XML/JSON
• Realize database design, data feeds and data exchange
• Oversee the implementation, performance and maintenance to internal, external and third- party integrations
• Creation and execution of SQL scripts against Great Plains databases
• Administration and Tuning of database environments Technologies: MS SQL Server, Azure, Azure SQL, PowerShell, .Net, C#, Azure, SSIS, T-SQL, SQL, IIS, Dynamics GP, PowerBI
- Solutions and Database Architect at Spy Optic
- Database Architect at Nearshore Technology
- 4th Source - Consultant/Development Lead at
- Architect, Development Leader at Brierley + Partners
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's in Computer Science - Computer Science
- B.S. in Computer System Engineering - Computer System Engineering
Senior Database Architect of a software consulting firm. Specialized in Information Systems Architecture, Relational Database Administration, Relational and Object Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and Decision Support Design (OLAP and Data Mining), Database Programming and SAP, PeopleSoft, and Oracle Applications Database Administration.
• Data Architect and Database Administrator for PHH Mortgage's Technical Transformation Project (Oracle 9, 11g, 12c, SQL Server 2014, Sybase 12, Erwin, SQL Developer, Quest TOAD) Responsible for all data architecture, data mapping and database administration tasks related to Technical Transformation projects. The Technical Transformation projects included:
• New LOS (Loan Origination System)
• Enterprise Data Dictionary Repository
• ESMS (Enterprise Software Management System)
• LG (Lead Generation), Data Archiving using Mongo DB
• CL (Scoping and prototype for Correspondent Lending)
• Establishment of ERwin Metamodel Repository
- Senior Database Architect and Senior Database Administrator at Fontanelle Software Services
- Big Data and Data Warehousing Group, Principal Consultant at Computer Sciences Corporation
- Database Architect Staff at Lockheed Martin
- Senior Database Architect and Senior Database Administrator at Fontanelle Software Services
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
- Masters of Science - Information Sciences