• Responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining and securing SQL server, both standalone and clustered.
• Applied patches and service packs to keep the database at current patch level.
• Migrated the databases and objects from SQL server 2008 to 2012 and 2012 to 2014, 2016.
• Provided Database support and troubleshooting of issues like Connectivity, Memory issues, Query performance, and Server related job failures.
• Implemented database security which includes creating logins, users, and roles, as well as assigning permissions according to the principle of least privilege.
• Experience on configuring and maintaining automation strategies like Full backup, Transactional log backup, Differential backup and creating the maintenance plans for index optimization and index maintenance like index rebuild, index reorganize based on fragmentation.
• Setup and Managed backups, restores, and refreshed DBs as required by using third party tool.
• Worked with users to troubleshoot and resolve errors and performance problems with queries on databases.
• Evaluated CPU, Disk I/O and memory related bottlenecks, blocks and deadlocks slow running queries
• Carried out performance monitoring and tuning duties using SQL logs, SQL profiler DMV, DMF DBCC and third-party tool (spotlight),
• Designed and created databases objects (tables, views, stored procedure, function and trigger)
• Implemented procedures, packages, triggers, and different Joins and hash indexes in to retrieve the data base using T_SQL
• Worked with users to troubleshoot and resolve errors and performance problems with queries on databases.
• Created database reorganization procedures, scripted database alerts and monitored scripts.
• Performance Tuning on a daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning.
• Configured and managed High Availability solutions (Clustering, database Mirroring, Log shipping, Replication, Alwayson AG)
• Worked on Service Now (SNOW) incident management system.
• Installed and configured SQL Server Reporting Services and Reporting servers.
• Created and managed SQL Reports and SSIS packages
• Participated in 24X7 on-call rotation and respond to critical database incidents Environment: MySQL 5.7 Server, MS SQL server 2012/2014, AWS/RDS, Workbench 6.3, Toad for MySQL, SQL Developer, SDLC, Agile/SCRUM
- Database Developer, Dba at Database Developer, Dba
- Database DBA at Inovalon
- SQL Developer,DBA at Ethos Consulting Group
- Database Administrator at MedFax
1 year, 9 months at this Job
Cleveland, OH 2006 - 2017
A non-profit academic medical center and leader in research, education and health information, was named in the top 10 as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & Report.
Responsible for medical record data extraction, validation, organization, and analysis in a demanding research environment.
Technologies and software used: T-SQL, SQL Server, RedCap, MySQL, PHP, DbVisualizer, Epic, EMR, Microsoft Office (Project, Clarity Reports, Outlook, Access, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Improved performance in all aspects of database system management for multiple research projects and registries.
• Participated in full software development life cycle of application development, including requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance and improvement of many healthcare applications.
• Worked closely with management team to analyze system requirements and functional requirements, analysis and budgeting.
• Participated in unit and integrate testing of software to ensure design objectives were met.
• Performed data analysis, created data mapping and data interface documents and kept the documents updated with changes in requirements and functional specifications.
• Analyzed and tested data on claims manually and writing queries on DB database for validating data.
• Developed and created technical specification documentation, training materials and user documentation.
• Responsible for multiple projects and associated deadlines.
• Worked with the technical and development team to resolve identified issues in a timely manner.
• Performed basic data analysis to include data validation, investigation, and trending analysis.
• Handled quality control and documentation of new applications; performed routine maintenance of production applications and databases.
• Generated reports and provided oversight and daily coordination of data by establishing priorities for data flow and monitoring progress to ensure timely availability of information.
• Worked effectively and collaboratively with others with minimal supervision to achieve common goals.
- Database Developer at Cleveland Clinic
- Software Reporting Specialist at General Electric Information Services
- Software Developer at Fiserv Inc
11 years at this Job
- Master of Computer and Information Sciences - MCIS
- Master of Science - (MS), Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Newport News, VA - February 2016 to Present
• Managed Sharepoint intranet site for US Navy Medicne
• Assisting with merger and eventual conversion to SharePoint 2013
• Provided user access permissions to intranet site for pages and documentation
• Trained clients to input content in SharePoint. Sharepoint/Database Developer
- Sharepoint/Database Developer at Apex Systems, Inc
- Senior Web Developer at OBXTek/State Department-Washington, DC
- Senior Web Developer at Carrington Mortgage Holdings
- Webmaster at KSH Solutions, Inc
2 years, 11 months at this Job
Web and Database Developer for Advanced Space Operations School (ASOpS) supporting web sites and front end applications written in ASP.NET and C#. Programming skills using .NET framework technologies with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 to develop and test application in development, test, QA and production phases. SQL Server 2012 database development to support front end applications. Software: ASP.NET, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, Powershell scripting, MS Access Systems: SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Windows 7
- Web Developer/Database Developer at Sigmatech Inc
- Software Engineer at Honeywell Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Remote Oracle DBA at Ellucian
- Systems Programmer Analyst at Colorado College
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science
- A.A. - Computer Science
Oracle 12c database responsibilities included, developing Packages, Stored Procedures and Functions, analyzing data, creating tables, views, indexes, sequences, and constraints. Modified table definitions, migrated database tables by Exporting and Importing data. Provided database table queries to Java Developers when requested. Database software used was Oracle SQL Developer. Other responsibilities included modifying software with Java 1.7, JSP, Apache-Tomcat, Apache-Ant, WebLogic, Eclipse, Maven, Junit, Cucumber .and Oracle. Hardware: Dell laptops.
- Database Developer at CACI, OFallon, IL
- Software Engineer at BCForward
- Developer at Hewlett Packard
- Software Engineer at Isymmetry
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science/Social Sciences
• Database developer for property management software. I was also the project manager from UI & UX design, 3rd party integrations to fully functional web based application.
• Designed a property management database in MS SQL Server. Database design/work includes:
• Overall design
• Table creation
• Store Procedures
• Property Management includes property owners, properties, tenants, leases, work orders etc.
• Designed and created a complete accounting database/application in Microsoft SQL Server. Accounting database includes:
• Accounts Receivables
• Accounts Payable
• Credits & Refunds
• Accounts Payables
• Chart of Accounts
• Journal Entries
• Bank Transfers
• Bank Reconciliation
• Recurring Transactions
• Recording Bank Deposits
• Check Registers
• Online Payments via ACH, Credit Cards and e-Checks
• Key technology features include
• Online application for property management (SQL Server, T-SQL, .Net C#, Angular)
• 4 mobile apps (tenants, owners, property inspections & vendors - Android and iPhone)
• Integrated background screening (criminal, credit, eviction)
• Integration into Dotloop (e-document solution)
- Database Developer/Administrator at PropertyZar
- Visual FoxPro / Database developer at State of TN, Nashville, TN (Latitude 36)
- Database Developer at DataNet Solutions, Inc.
- Senior PHP Web Developer at Walker & Associates
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
- - Computer programming
Sr. Database Developer, COX, Atlanta, GA 05/18 to Till Date Cox Communications also known as Cox Cable and formerly Cox Broadcasting Corporation, Dimension Cable Services and Times-Mirror Cable is an American privately-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises providing digital cable television, telecommunications and Home Automation services in the United States. Role and Responsibilities: · Understand and analyze requirements and creating data model. · Identification and validating the business rules, reviewing functional and technical requirements · Partitioned Tables using Range Partitioning, List Partitioning and created local indexes to increase the performance and to make the database objects more manageable · Involved in coding and designing of the Transaction Module using PL/SQL Procedure. · Wrote complex SQL scripts and was responsible for Performance tuning of SQL Queries. · Compiled, tested and debugged to implement business logic and enhance modularity, reusability and serviceability for maintenance of the application. · Developed and modified Oracle packages, stored procedures, functions, Scripts, views, tables and triggers to implement business requirements and rules.
- Sr. Database Developer at Cox Communications Inc.
- Sr. Database Developer at PIMCO
- Sr. Database Developer at QuintilesIMS
- Data Analyst - Client at JPMorgan Chase
10 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Working as a Sr. Database Developer and consulting at NCI, Rockville, MD. Our team is responsible for the O&M and development of new requirements
• Making updates to the data as per the Client Requests.
• Designing and Developing the Database objects needed for new requirements.
• Tuning the SQL queries used as needed.
• Refreshing the lower environments on an as need basis.
• Maintaining/providing user security privileges and monitoring access.
• Monitoring the instances using the OEM.
• Maintaining the Patches of the Oracle instances.
- Sr. Database Developer at Leidos Inc
- Database Team Lead at SAIC
- Sr. Systems Analyst at SAIC
- QA Analyst at SAIC
6 years at this Job
General Manager of a multimillion dollar online fulfillment business specializing in fasteners and fence hardware. Deal with contractors, wages, develop and implement HR policies. Create, develop, and maintain business relationships with overseas suppliers, working with them from determining pricing for each container order all the way through until the container arrives at the warehouse. Database developer working to extend the functionality of the business's custom Filemaker Pro database deployment through programming new scripts and extending existing ones to drive greater efficiencies. Programmed and deployed the database for use on iPod/iPhone with extensive custom scripting and new functionality to reduce human error. Created new script for guiding pickers to the correct bin for FBA orders, added new error correction and increased functionality and speed while reducing the code size by one third. Created and grew the email marketing part of the business by using Klaviyo to drive various marketing efforts from abandoned cart emails to custom campaigns and newsletters.After two months, I generated 10 percent of the total website sales for December from my Klaviyo marketing.
- General Manager/Database Developer at TOTOLY JAKE INC
- Retail Store Manager I at AT&T
- Geek Squad Agent at Best Buy
10 months at this Job
- Masters in American Government - American Government
- BA in History - History
Project: Production Operation and Maintenance Health Resources and Services . Administration (HRSA) Electronic Handbook (EHB)
HRSA EHB Production O&M has been awarded to another vender and I have been hired by the new vender to continue working as a SQL database developer with the DB team on the project
• Worked as database engineer with the operation and maintenance DB team, to support the HRSA Electronic Handbook (EHB) project.
• Worked with SQL server 2012, and provided root cause analysis for data issue and fix implementation.
• Database monitoring, database refresh process, fixed issues with SSIS refresh packages and jobs.
• Troubleshot common database issues
• Worked with data masking using Data Masker tool from (Red Gate)
• Experience with clustered environment.
• Data modeling, created normalized database, tuning queries
• Worked on defects and enhancements, prepared DDL, DML, Stored Procedures, T-SQL - Views, Cursors, and performance monitoring.
• Prepared release and rollback scripts with deployment steps for production and lower environments.
• Worked with data replication, high availability, and developed SQL scripts to fix issues in production.
• Deployed scripts into, QA, staging and production database.
• Used SQL Profiler to trace queries.
• Provided reports using SQL scripts based on client requirements.
• Developed SQL scripts to send mass email communications using database email to certain list of users based on client requirements.
• Refreshed App Pool, reset IIS, and wrote PowerShell scripts to start and stop services, and turn trace query on/off.
• Used Agile Kanban methodology with twice a day stand up meeting with team to update the status of issues. Kept client up to date with production issues and informed them about root cause and resolution.
- SQL Database Developer at Digital Management Inc
- Production Support Database Engineer at REI Systems
- Junior SQL Developer at SAIC
- Software Analyst at ICF Macro
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Database