• Responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining and securing SQL server, both standalone and clustered.
• Applied patches and service packs to keep the database at current patch level.
• Migrated the databases and objects from SQL server 2008 to 2012 and 2012 to 2014, 2016.
• Provided Database support and troubleshooting of issues like Connectivity, Memory issues, Query performance, and Server related job failures.
• Implemented database security which includes creating logins, users, and roles, as well as assigning permissions according to the principle of least privilege.
• Experience on configuring and maintaining automation strategies like Full backup, Transactional log backup, Differential backup and creating the maintenance plans for index optimization and index maintenance like index rebuild, index reorganize based on fragmentation.
• Setup and Managed backups, restores, and refreshed DBs as required by using third party tool.
• Worked with users to troubleshoot and resolve errors and performance problems with queries on databases.
• Evaluated CPU, Disk I/O and memory related bottlenecks, blocks and deadlocks slow running queries
• Carried out performance monitoring and tuning duties using SQL logs, SQL profiler DMV, DMF DBCC and third-party tool (spotlight),
• Designed and created databases objects (tables, views, stored procedure, function and trigger)
• Implemented procedures, packages, triggers, and different Joins and hash indexes in to retrieve the data base using T_SQL
• Worked with users to troubleshoot and resolve errors and performance problems with queries on databases.
• Created database reorganization procedures, scripted database alerts and monitored scripts.
• Performance Tuning on a daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning.
• Configured and managed High Availability solutions (Clustering, database Mirroring, Log shipping, Replication, Alwayson AG)
• Worked on Service Now (SNOW) incident management system.
• Installed and configured SQL Server Reporting Services and Reporting servers.
• Created and managed SQL Reports and SSIS packages
• Participated in 24X7 on-call rotation and respond to critical database incidents Environment: MySQL 5.7 Server, MS SQL server 2012/2014, AWS/RDS, Workbench 6.3, Toad for MySQL, SQL Developer, SDLC, Agile/SCRUM
- Database Developer, Dba at Database Developer, Dba
- Database DBA at Inovalon
- SQL Developer,DBA at Ethos Consulting Group
- Database Administrator at MedFax
1 year, 11 months at this Job
2014 - Present
• Designed a physical database model and a large volume import process for I currently spend my days as a software and an account management system used by a client in the banking industry. database developer. When I'm not making the Momentum3 LLC
• Assisted in building ASP.net applications from the ground up for clients in computer world a better place, you can find me Data Genius & Web Geek the accounting, medical, and online gambling industries. vacationing on a beach, walking my dogs, or
• Utilized Azure technology for blob storage, web hosting, and scheduled socializing at the local pub. web jobs. Throughout my career, I have been exposed to
• Implemented API integration with PayPal, a Know Your Customer service, many different frameworks and technologies. My and a real time sports data feed. experience enables me to pick up any project
• Oracle database and report developer for a client in the prison and and hit the ground running. I am comfortable corrections industry. with all phases of the development life cycle. I especially enjoy working with users to analyze
- database developer at Momentum3 LLC
- Senior Software Analyst at
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Bank of Oklahoma
- Associate's - Computer Programming
Database developer for the application used for Cost Recovery of Warranty Parts from Suppliers. Responsible for maintaining the database model and code to support the application as well as ELT processes in Oracle PL/SQL. Designed and implemented data model changes and code re-write of various subject areas in the application to ease maintainability and improve functionality by minimizing defects and code duplication, cleaning-up unnecessary data, automating manual processes and increasing performance and data accuracy. These changes helped to improve productivity, warranty costs and user's confidence. Acquired expertise in the usage of the application by understanding the data, users' needs and business purposes. Played a consultant role on making design changes in the user interface, assisted the team members across development, testing and business analysts to better understand the application. Aided the EDW as well as the Business Intelligence teams in getting the data into Hadoop and Teradata and to familiarize with the data for reporting purposes. Completed several in-house training courses such as Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Hive, Spark and to learn about applications that sources data to the Warranty Cost Recovery system.
- Sr. Database Developer at General Motors
- Test Engineer at Teradata Corporation
- ETL Developer at Rhapsody International
- ETL Developer at Real Networks Inc
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- - english
Knoxville, TN November 2018-March 2019
Securities Service Network, LLC. is an independent broker dealer with over 400 affiliated
representatives overseeing approximately $13 billion in client assets. Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, the firm provides a wide range of support to independent financial advisors and advisory firms.
Junior Business Intelligence Database Developer
• Developed new enhancements in home office web portals
• Developed new additions in Restful Web API Services
• Maintained web portals with AngularJS MVC architecture
- Junior Business Intelligence Database Developer at Securities Service Network
- Junior Software Developer at Inventure IT
- Cross Trained Team Member at Chick-Fil_A
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Art in Computer Science - Art
• Work with local and offsite groups - obtain database development and deployment requirements
• Map and design functional processes for database relational design and migration strategy
• Create. dsn files and links for Office (Access) 2010 to Office 365 (Access) and SQL table links
• Create, modify and fix broken VBA code for all Office 365 suite during migration.
• Create project plans and flow diagrams using MS project and Visio as the main database artifacts
• Modify VBA within Office suite (Access) linking from Access to Outlook for report automation
• Oversee Office and SQL deployment security groups (AD). Adding modifying and deleting users
• Maintained objects, backend and modifications on SQL and Access databases
• Make database changes when refresh and table changes occur
• Act as "go to" person for end user access to security groups, share drives and other outside security sources
• Advance use and development "VBA" and T-SQL writing/coding
• Run test cases and POC during migration and exportation of tables and data
• Create Access and Excel report automation (import/export/Pivot tables and auto email)
• Oversee SQL/Access table modifications doing migration efforts
• Transfer 95% macro based code to VBA (Access/Excel) for deployment streamline and future miniatous
• Oversee Enterprise deployment efforts during Office to SQL migration
• Communicate with upper management/stake holders during phase transformation efforts Sr. Database Developer/Access/SQL Bank of the West San Ramon, CA January 2015 - July 2016
•Scope, review, gather end user requirements while projecting a working team environment
•Create advance Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports based on end-user requirements (Access)
•Create plug ins to extract data from multiple outside sources (T-SQL transactions)
•Create NPL (Non Performance Loan) database for tracking and reporting inconsistencies
• Utilize VB.net in conjunction with SQL for streamline/best practice coding
•Create table/data models against to be new DW then utilize against Tableau tool
• Database Performance tuning and SQL Query Tuning and Optimization
•Automate ODBC SQL to Access database connectivity
•Create high level views, stored procedures, tables, queries using T-SQL/DDL statements.
•Create custom or modify current reports (pivot tables) importing and exporting from Excel
•Document and integrate scalable database into DW platform.
•Create ad hoc reports used with Excel, OBIEE, Tableau and other 3rd party tools
•Create in-depth queries for report extracts and email automations
•Build custom forms and reports with "one click" automation for end user ease of use
- Database Developer/Migration at Wells Fargo
- Analyst at Bank of America
- Access/VBA Developer at Autodesk
- Analyst/Developer at Wells Fargo
2 years at this Job
• Database developer for property management software. I was also the project manager from UI & UX design, 3rd party integrations to fully functional web based application.
• Designed a property management database in MS SQL Server. Database design/work includes:
• Overall design
• Table creation
• Store Procedures
• Property Management includes property owners, properties, tenants, leases, work orders etc.
• Designed and created a complete accounting database/application in Microsoft SQL Server. Accounting database includes:
• Accounts Receivables
• Accounts Payable
• Credits & Refunds
• Accounts Payables
• Chart of Accounts
• Journal Entries
• Bank Transfers
• Bank Reconciliation
• Recurring Transactions
• Recording Bank Deposits
• Check Registers
• Online Payments via ACH, Credit Cards and e-Checks
• Key technology features include
• Online application for property management (SQL Server, T-SQL, .Net C#, Angular)
• 4 mobile apps (tenants, owners, property inspections & vendors - Android and iPhone)
• Integrated background screening (criminal, credit, eviction)
• Integration into Dotloop (e-document solution)
- Database Developer/Administrator at PropertyZar
- Visual FoxPro / Database developer at State of TN, Nashville, TN (Latitude 36)
- Database Developer at DataNet Solutions, Inc.
- Senior PHP Web Developer at Walker & Associates
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
- - Computer programming
End of Contract) Super Systems Inc. * Generated Use Cases for one of the Naval Maintenance applications in an effort to capture the functionality of an existing application for off the shelf software analysis. * Generated DODAF models of Requirements->Capability->Functionality using CAMEO for Naval Application Modernization Effort * Developed a working relationship with Application SME to gather requirements and complete a GAP analysis between two applications. Identified potential enhancements for both applications that would improve business processes and increase user friendliness. * Participate in all phases of system development process, including database design, model, and development as well as software design and development * Identify requirements and technical solutions for change request by collaborating with frontend developers, SMEs, analyst, and/or review functionality of existing database objects, T-SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures, and data analysis. * Utilize critical thinking skills to identify and create ad hoc T-SQL and PL/SQL queries for data analysis * Document technical solutions for change request as well as providing supporting data, prerequisites, assumptions for the proposed technical solution to be valid * Participate or present in weekly technical solution analysis meetings by presenting detailed technical solutions, asking questions, providing a different perspective on a technical solution based on facts and experience, and casting a vote to represent the perceived level of complexity * Followed internal processes and procedures for development and version control utilizing Team Foundation Server * Create and modify database code utilizing T-SQL and/or PL/SQL(architect, create, and edit tables, views, oracle packages, functions, stored procedures(with complex joins), triggers, constraints, users, logins, synonyms, and data scrub or load scripts) * Create and execute unit test to validate that code changes accurate * Complete the peer review process for CMMI level 5 company on six different applications that were supported by 7 different Oracle or SQL Server databases for all database code developed * Responsible for staging test environments and preparing test data for developer integration test. * Implement scripts including data extraction, parsing, transformation, loading into databases, copying data between databases, verifying and addressing data synchronization and integrity.
- Database Developer at Super Systems Inc
- Software Applications Manager at ODU Research Foundation
- Wargame Application Developer at Capstone Corporation
- Network Component Design Engineer at Intel Corporation
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's of Engineering in Computer Science - Engineering
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Design and develop custom reports for General Dynamics Information Technology which meet user requirements. Skills utilized include SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Management Studio, and Visual Studio
• Create tables, view, stored procedures, user-defined function, and triggers
• Assist developers with database changes
• Monitoring and optimize the performance of the databases
• Utilize SSIS, SSRS, and SQL to produce accurate, timely results in response to complex, time-bound problems
• Attend daily scrum meeting
• Interact and correspond with team members, project management and clients
• Support daily production quality control and production issues including load data, fix incorrect information, and update production database per user requests
• Work with full-life cycle software application development, using agile methodology, Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Jerkins, and Subversion
• Write and maintain technical documents
• Test applications in both developer views and end user views
- Database Developer at GDIT / CSRA
- IT Specialist at Congressional Budget Office
- Software Engineer at Knowcean Consulting
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Computer Science
• Participate in patching and updating database, reports and business intelligence systems.
• Maintaining moderately complex database and participates in the design and definition of database, validation checks, organization, documentation and statistical methods.
• Constructing, Organizing Scripts, modifying, and populating SQL database.
• Assists senior database development staff in the identification and resolution of production and applications.
• Defines, prepares, executes and implements data validation and unit testing methods to ensure data quality.
• Assists in analyzing and design activities associated with the development and maintenance of the database.
• Communicating in writing or in meeting with team members, assessing detailed specification against design requirements.
• Perform Database reorganizations, Export/imports.
- Database Developer at Tax Shield Service
- Database Developer at Ethiopian Airlines
4 months at this Job
- BS in Computer Science - Computer Science
SEI Investment, Pennsylvania, USA Sr. Database Developer / Data Architect October 2016 - To-Date SEI (NASDAQ: SEIC) is a leading global provider of asset management, investment processing, and investment operations solutions for institutional wealth management. SEI serve about 8,200 clients, including banks, trust institutions, wealth management organizations, retirement plan sponsors, corporations, investment managers and hedge fund managers. SEI offices are all over the world including USA, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, the Netherlands, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom. SEI is a public company and is listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol SEIC. SEI manages or administers $751 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $283 billion in assets under management and $468 billion in client assets. I am working as a Senior Database Developer / Data Architect to support ongoing projects in the Wealth Management Solutions. Role: * Worked heavily with relationship database models, schemas & entity-relationship diagrams using ER Studio to create technical/system design documents. * Worked with project and application teams to ensure that they understand and fully comply with data quality standards, architectural guidelines and designs. * Owned and managed all changes to the data models. Created data models, solution designs and data architecture documentation for complex information systems. * Involve Creating Oracle Tables, Partitions, Views, Triggers, Constrains, Synonyms, Sequences. * Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in production with utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Tuning, Explain Plan, Dyna Trace etc. * Supporting multiple applications in the Wealth Management System. * Working closely with business and different groups to resolve the issues. * Rewrite lot of applications code to improve the performance of the query. * Involved to Monitor Control-M jobs and production support. * Worked closely with DBAs, Development, QA, Testing and Production team to implement projects successfully. * Involved in designing the logical and physical model of database objects. * Extensively used PL/SQL tables, analytical functions, cursors and exception handling. * Involved in production support and On-call. * Worked closely with the team members, trained them to maintain development standards recommended by Oracle. * Excellent working relationships with application teams and users in the design, development, tuning and problem resolution of database and applications. * Experience in designing the data modelling and dimensional modelling. Accomplishments: * Created multiple physical and logical designs related with different modules of Portfolio Management * Tuned production job and reduced time from 3 hours to 25 minutes by using GIT, proper indexing and set baseline and tuned another production job to 500% performance improvement. * Tuned multiple jobs and improved more than 800% performance.by using different database performance techniques * Successfully implemented common module Pool Group Changes related with Wealth Management System. Environment: Oracle 12c, Linux, Windows environment, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Toad, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Eclipse, Sonar Code Scanner, SVN, Control-M etc.
- Sr. Database Developer / Data Architect at SEI Investment, Pennsylvania
- Sr. Database Developer / PL SQL Developer at JP Morgan Chase
- Data Warehouse Developer / ETL Developer at Barclays Bank
- Sr. PL/SQL Developer / Data Analyst at Department of Correction, State of Delaware
2 years, 5 months at this Job