- Database Engineer at Caresight. Com
- Mathmatics teacher at Delta County School District
- Calculus teacher at Montrose County School District
1 month at this Job
- MS - Mathematics
- BS - Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, secondary teaching certification
- - Mathematics
Current role is working as a senior Database Engineer on the TEIA II team supporting various ID6 tasks at DISA:
• Supporting Oracle Database versions 10g , 11g and 12c running on Solaris and Linux Redhat platforms.
• This involves managing, maintenance, capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, STIG implementations, database upgrades, quarterly patch set update implementations, database migrations and cloning, as well as backup and data recovery of databases and database products.
• Installation and configuration of Oracle Cloud Control version 13c architecture and configuration of all server Agents.
• Extensive hands on experience configuring, implementing and supporting Oracle Data Guard database environments and maintaining Standby Databases in Active/Passive configurations.
• Role also involves heavy documentation via Implementation Plans (IP), of tested and validated solutions in Development environments and supporting the release process in the Test and Production environments.
• Review and provide feedback to proposed solution descriptions from TEIA Architects and proposed alternate less costly technological solutions.
• Provide general Engineering support to TEIA II technical team members.
- Lead Database Engineer at GDIT
- Senior Database Management Specialist at Northrop Grumman Corp
- Lead Database Engineer at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Lead Database Administrator / ETL Programmer at Computer Sciences Corp (CSC)
2 years, 11 months at this Job
Stored procedure/query tuning to optimize for tables with over 1.5 Billion rows of data Created aggregation stored procedures to support an API for an enterprise level software package incorporating complex business logic to calculate television ratings data for Nielsen and Comscore. Created and maintained SSIS packages to support sharded database design Coordinated with multiple API developers to ensure the API creation process properly called and returned data from aggregation stored procedures Initial QA of calculations in stored procedures against the legacy system, and QA against the newly created API's to ensure proper input/output. Entered/Created stories, acceptance criteria, and QA instructions into Jira based on information gathered during the PI planning process. Database Engineer
Stored procedure/query tuning to optimize for tables with over 1.5 Billion rows of data
Created aggregation stored procedures to support an API for an enterprise level software package incorporating complex business logic to calculate television ratings data for Nielsen and Comscore.
Created and maintained SSIS packages to support sharded database design
Coordinated with multiple API developers to ensure the API creation process properly called and returned data from aggregation stored procedures
Initial QA of calculations in stored procedures against the legacy system, and QA against the newly created API's to ensure proper input/output.
Entered/Created stories, acceptance criteria, and QA instructions into Jira based on information gathered during the PI planning process.
- Senior Database Engineer at Imagine Communications(Contract)
- Independent Consultant at Jamm Software client
- Database Engineer at Healthgrades, Inc
- Senior Database Developer at Scottrade, Inc
8 months at this Job
- BS - Business Management
Promotion - includes previous as well as SQL Server database engineer.
- Sr.Test Engineer\Database Engineer at Novanto Inc
- Sr.Manufacturing Test Engineer at MicroE Inc
- Associate Engineer at CTI Helix Corp
- Engineering Tech at Exergen Corp
11 years, 8 months at this Job
- BA in Law - engineering
- - Certificates
- AS in Computers - Computers
Walnut Creek, CA
Yapstone is online payment service provider for global marketplaces and large vertical markets - allowing businesses to accept payments online. Sr. Database Engineer / DBA
Environment: Java, MS SQL server 2008/2014/2016, PostgreSQL 9.5.7, Couchbase 4.6,5.01,5.1,6.1, AWS, RDS, S3, Route53, Redgate, Confluence, Splunk, Datadog, Liquibase, Kafka, Kubernetes, New Relic, Jira, Git, Windows server 2008/2012/2013 and Linux Responsibilities:
• SDLC as it pertains to Database Development of programmability objects with T-SQL such as stored procedures, views, functions, and custom types
• Build the servers in AWS EC2, RDS with SQL server 2016, PostgreSQL and MySQL, creation of users, roles and indexes, Autoscaling, route 53
• Develop and manage SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Snowflake and Tableau.
• Database performance tuning, Index tuning and write complex queries and database programing
• Code review of database development and assist engineering team to ensure the quality and organizational standards
• Lead off-shore team and on-site team coordination
• Work with cross functional teams such as Data, Prod-Ops, IT, PM, QA, engineering, sales and marketing
• No SQL database such as build Couchbase instances, Index and views creation, XDCR, N1QL
• Manage Haigh Availability clustering, Disaster Recovery, replication and security
• Database deployment in SQL server, PostgreSQL, MySQL with Liquibase
• Database performance monitoring using Redgate, DMV and SQL profiler
• Manage database backup and recovery using AWS S3 and Glacier
• POC for data migration, backup and restore tools such as Imanis Data and informatica
• Creating new databases instances for QA and Pre-Production and Blue-Green environments
• Assist Change Advisory Board for the production database changes and Route Cause Analysis
• User, role creation and assign permissions
• 24/7 availability for on-call DBA activities.
• Database related documentation in Confluence
- Sr. Database Engineer / DBA at Yapstone Inc
- Sr. Database Engineer / DBA at Confirmit Inc
- Sr.Database Engineer at MarketTools Inc. (a Confirmit company)
- Sr.Database Engineer / DBA at CustomerSat Inc. (a Confirmit company)
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Computer Applications - Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science, Mathematics
• As Lead Database Engineer / Technical lead I lead a team of database administrator engineers to successful deliver numerous database system configuration, installation and build through automation using Open source Puppet, rpm build tools, a bit of Ruby on Linux systems. Our Puppet modules are documented using puppet strings so they are self-explanatory. Trained Sr. database administrators and technical leads on puppet development on the inhouse developed platform. Received positive feedback and commendations on presentation style and material coverage.
• As Lead Database Engineer / Technical lead I played a key role in identifying the gaps in code management and helped the team transition to a more robust distributed version management system (Git).
• I also played a key role in the development of database schema change automation using Flyway and Jenkins. Participated and successfully completed the POC, and continued to train numerous DBA's, Developers, and business unit partners in using Jenkins, Git, Flyway to manage their database schema changes for both Oracle and MS SQL Server. To reduce hardware and software resource dependence, I prepared and bundled training material into a virtual machine to help DBA's self-train in Flyway's usage. I became a go to person when it comes to Flyway, Jenkins, SAMIGit, TRAMS (custom TR application management suite).
• I helped numerous groups in their Data Modeling efforts and then helped drive optimal database development and administration. During my tenure, I wore multiple hats on various tasks and delivered on all my commitments. I also prepared and trained team members on the usage of Git for our projects. I presently wear multiple hats as well from Technical PM, Architect, Designer, Administrator, Developer and last but not least trainer.
- Lead Database Engineer/Tech Lead at Thomson Reuters
- Lead Database Designer/Architect at Thomson Reuters
- Sr. Data Engineer/Architect at Raymond James
- Sr. Data Engineer at HealthSparQ
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BE in Engineering - MOOC
Deliver high quality, scalable and flexible data and database designs, solutions and artifacts that contribute to project successes and align with the corporate data management policies.
• Reverse engineer data models and align data modelling best practices with Agile methodology.
• Test and validate DDL for correctness and adherence to standards, create and maintain version-controlled deployment scripts.
• Designed and implemented standard security configuration elements to include roles, service names and proxy access across multiple application systems.
• Facilitate storage management efforts by projecting data warehouse growth and providing in-depth analysis of backup storage usage to reduce unnecessary expense.
• Monitor performance, troubleshoot / design solutions such as hugepages, partitioning and indexing.
• Assure compliance with corporate record management standards for over 500 applications to reduce risk and liability, recovering hundreds of terabytes of storage and associated costs.
• Assessed applications to determine suitability for migration to Delphix database virtualization and managed onboarding to the virtualization factory to eliminate the need for DBA involvement in database refreshes and reduce storage needs.
- Database Engineer at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- DBA Technical Lead (Consultant) at Pinellas County Government
- Senior DBA (Consultant) at FIS
- Senior IT Environment Analyst (Consultant) at Wellcare Health Plans, Inc
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English & Philosophy
- - Education Database Administration
• Managing tickets, messages etc. using Bloomberg Terminal.
• Enhance or design DBA related Database automation scripts for file system based comdb2 database. These are like copying database from one cluster to another, check if database is writable, clone database etc. Worked mostly on Korn shell scripting in Linux.
• Resolve database related tickets (DB Support) using existing scripts or creating new or interactively.
• Work with the developers to resolve database performance issues. SQL tuning, index design etc.
- Database Engineer at BLOOMBERG
- Master Database Specialist, Contractor & Fulltime at CAPITAL ONE BANK
- Contractor at STATE STREET BANK
- Contractor at GOLDMAN SACHS
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Computer Science and Engineering
databases to survive disasters and data corruptions.
• Install and upgrade the Oracle server 10g, 11g, 12c and application tools.
• Training in Mathematics, Statistics, Python
• Manage Oracle and MySQL databases.
• Led development and design of database objects
• Consulted and advised senior management and multiple clients on high impact database issues
• Manage MySQL databases in Production, Test and QA environments.
• Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for database system.
• Create database storage structures - tablespaces.
• Develop MySQL database stored procedures, funtions and triggers.
• Enroll database users and maintain system security.
• Oracle Data Guard, RMAN
• Perform database backups and restore databases.
• Create database tables, views, and indexes as appropriate.
• Create, maintain, manage, and monitor Oracle standby databases that enabled Oracle production
• Manage MySQL High Availability replication.
databases to survive disasters and data corruptions.
- Database Engineer at McKinney Consulting
- MySQL Database Administrator - Cloud Environment at Nanthealth LLC
- MySQL Database Administrator at Dent Zone Companies
- MySQL and Oracle Database Administrator at Gannett Media Tech Int
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems/Business Management
• Writing complex SQL Queries to solve problems in the database by user errors.
• Working with SQL Server database related to practice management for doctors.
• Monitoring databases in Office Mate, Acuity Logic software.
• Fixing database issues for Acuity Logic, officeMate and Eyefinity Practice Management.
• Provide effective solutions to users by working closely with developers to fix issues.
• Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are properly logged using JIRA, confluence and salesforce.
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Database Engineer at Eyefinity
- ETL Developer at Revenue Solutions, Inc
- SQL Developer at NAFCA Inc
- Data Support Analyst at Department of Technology Sacramento County
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science