· Database Engineer on a team responsible for the design, implementation and integration, utilizing AWS for the GPS OCX Program, employing CHEF technologies.
- Database Engineer at Parsons
- Consulting Technical Manager at Oracle America NSG
- Senior Software Test Engineer at Prime Solutions
- Oracle Database Engineer at Prime Solutions
4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Information Science
Description: Working with 4 teams and I am the Database engineer for those teams. Where the data of the customers will be entered, and the transactions will be recorded and modified daily. Working with the schema change of databases according to the production servers. Majorly working with 50 sandbox servers.
• Created numerous simple to complex queries involving joins, sub-queries and stored Procedures.
• Maintained database security and Monitored log running MS SQL Server jobs.
• Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures.
• Created Functional and Technical specs to load data into Teradata warehouse.
• Created Drill down, Drill through, sub reports through SQL Server Reporting Services and creating subscriptions for automating the process.
• Worked with SharePoint database configuration and reporting services along with 'Always on' feature
• Create database maintenance plans for the performance of SQL Server including database integrity checks, update database statistics, re-indexing and data backups.
• Ability to script within SQL server effectively.
• Involved in merging existing databases and designed new data models to meet the requirements.
• Generated reports in various Tables, Matrix formats using Reporting services (SSRS) and created Dashboard Components like Scorecards, KPI's, Indicators, Analytic Charts, and Strategy Maps.
• The ability to understand and tune how a database interacts with a specific application.
• Working with development and application teams to perform application and database tuning.
• Taking care of various kinds of production and misc. tickets
• Setup, implement, and maintain Access Control as per industry standards in database management.
• Perform daily database backup & restoration and monitor the performance of Database Server.
• Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded in to the audit table.
• Working on Data compare and compare tool and in Azure Database explorer.
• Build report layouts with Visual Studio to design the report according to user specifications and to work with SSDT.
• Responsible for building Teradata tables, indexes, macros and BTEQ Scripts for loading/transforming data.
- Database Engineer at AvidXchange
- Database Administrator at Wells Fargo
- Senior SQL Server DBA/ SQL developer at State of Maine
- SQL Server/BI Developer at Valley Health Plans
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Technology
Oracle Database Engineer Oracle Database Engineer on the Data Architecture and Integration Team supporting the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) effort providing daily and on call support for BOSS Reporting, developing quarterly IAVA Solutions for Oracle databases running on Solaris 10 and HPUX 11.31, RHEL 6.6 Operating Systems, coordinating DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) packages, and provide Oracle specific technical support other Engineered projects including HP Service Manager, and Asset Center. Implementing preliminary migration of databases from 188.8.131.52 on Solaris to 184.108.40.206 on RHEL 5.9, 6.6. ♦ Oracle Database Administrator - Team Lead Oracle Database Administrator on the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Information Strike Force effort providing daily and on call support for databases supporting Novadigm Radia, Business Objects, Netview, Tivoli TEC, Tivoli Inventory, NAS, Netcool Monitoring, Asset Center, and HP Service Manager, Remedy enterprise systems. Provide Oracle specific technical support that contributes to the Server, Problem, Change, Configuration and Release Management Processes. Provide guidance and research in the resolution of complex technical problems resulting in diminished capacity (aggregated database), slow performance, or Oracle Listener failures preventing customer access to databases. Developed and maintained procedures for Oracle 8i, 9i and 10g Enterprise Edition and Application products. Duties include loading data, software validation, user support, database backup and recovery using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Veritas Netbackup, monitoring and tuning databases and operational environment for capacity, performance, and availability using Grid Control/Enterprise Manager; performing upgrades of the database including quarterly Critical Patch Updates (CPU), creating and managing Oracle databases including schema objects, security of the database user accounts, and storage structures.
- Oracle Database Engineer at Perspecta Inc
- Vice Chief Executive Officer at Chesapeake P.E.A.R.L.S. Inc
- Senior Consultant at Pointe Technologies
- System Analyst at SAIC
17 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
As a Senior Database Engineer, I have the responsibilities for mentoring the junior members of the HealthEast/Fairview database team that included On-Call Support, documentation of new or existing procedures, designing system improvements and monitoring all SQL Server environments. I have been learning ORACLE 12g and EXADATA so that I can support these environments.
➢ I standardized the HealthEast SQL backups too ensure that all production applications would be recoverable.
➢ I have analyzed to see where a more proactive SQL Server monitoring can be implemented.
➢ SQL server patching to comply with the latest versions of SQL and to ensure that all sunset SQL versions are migrated to a new version.
➢ Lead the SQL Server security audit
- Senior Database Engineer at HealthEast/Fairview
- IT Database Consultant at Optum/UnitedHealth Group
- Senior Database Consultant at Alliance of Computer Professionals (UHG)
- Database Consultant at Technisource
7 months at this Job
Data Engineer on customer project teams insuring data integrity, security, reliability, and accessibility. Provided Data Administration of clustered SQL Server 2012 database instances and upgraded to SQL 2016. Created extensive Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automate business work flows for managing data and publishing data to QA and Production tiers. Created production reports using Reporting Services. Created, deployed, and supported OpenData v4.0 RESTful Data Services using Visual C# and Entity Framework for customer applications to access their data in a secured environment. Participated in the company's CMMI Certification Level 2 and became a Certified CMMI Associate. Also acted as one of the Software Architects for the company to help provide direction for the development teams. Starting to migrate databases into the Azure cloud in PaaS and IaaS.
- Database Engineer at The Baldwin Group
- Database Administrator / Enterprise Data Architect at Emergent BioSolutions, Inc
- Senior Software Engineer - Lansing, MI at Total Technical Services
- Senior Software Engineer at Blackbaud, Inc
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- BA - Materials & Logistics Management
Database Engineer for the Enterprise Data Warehouse(EDW) Program fulfilling areas in disaster recovery, database upgrades, and tuning.
• Reduced labor hours by 50% to upgrade Oracle instances from 10g to 11g.
• Prevented company from losing a million dollars daily by ensuring shop floor reports complete before the workday plans finalize.
• Empowered company to receive their Joint Strike Fighter Contract Award Fee by releasing a metrics tool on schedule.
- Database Engineer, Enterprise Business Services Group Database Engineer at Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Oracle Subject Matter Expert at Core Flight Test Data Center
- Oracle consultant at MCI WorldCom
- Lead Software Engineer, Engineering at Novient, Inc
9 years, 10 months at this Job
- MS - Computer Science
As a database engineer, I work in different areas of database and BI development using Microsoft technology.
My daily tasks are implementing and maintaining:
• ETL using SSIS
• Reports utilizing SSRS and Cognos
• Analytics cubes using SSAS
• Web application using ASP.NET and SharePoint
- Database Engineer at Bank Of America
- Software and Database Developer at Performance Designed Products
- Senior Software Engineer at Compulink Business Systems (www.compulinkadvantage.com)
- Application Developer at QuikStor (www.quikstor.com)
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Physics
• Provided 24X7 support for all the production and development databases.
• Implemented a backup strategy utilizing EMC data Domain to provide Digital River a backup solution.
• Performed database migrations from Solaris x86 to RHEL x86-64 for databases upto 35TB.
• Performed database upgrades to 12c.
• Performed Shareplex upgrades to improve replication performance in a Multimaster environment.
• Good experience in writing/editing UNIX Shell Scripts.
• Configured scripts to monitor activity with database.
• Performing migrations of Oracle databases to AWS.
• Experience in Database Refreshes and patch management and in Database cloning with RMAN and manual methods.
• Partitioned large tables for better performance and manageability.
• Assisted developers in SQL tuning using AWR reports, generating EXPLAIN PLANS and generating SQL profiles with good PHVs when needed.
• Created VMs using vRA and vSphere.
• Worked on Chef Environment to automate database binary installs.
• Worked collaboratively with other teams including Project Managers, Developers, and Architects to ensure project success related to Database migrations / Data Center migrations.
• Set up daily reports on the Data Protection Advisory (DPA) for monitoring the backups.
• Performed troubleshooting of RMAN backups and maintenance.
• Set up, configured and maintained Oracle data guard (primary and standby databases) to ensure disaster recovery, high availability and data protection.
• Modified RMAN backup and catalog maintenance scripts to take the backups on standby in a data guard environment.
• Applied patches for the upgrades, bugs recovery, troubleshooting.
• Online index rebuilds. Controlling and monitoring user access to the database. Monitoring Rollback Segments.
• Devised a plan for restore and recovery of the database when taking backups from the standby in a data guard environment.
• Experience in maintaining and operating Oracle databases running AWS private and public cloud.
• Experience in maintaining and operation Oracle databases running on Amazon EC2 and RDS instances.
- Database Engineer at Digital River Inc
- Backup Engineer (Contractor) at Dell EMC / Digital
- Trainee Analyst at Fusion Plus Solutions, Inc
- Trainee / Intern at Zoom Technologies
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics & Instrumentation
• Worked with Subject Matter Experts to gather requirements, analyze data, develop, validate and troubleshoot reports.
• Modified existing ETL, data cleansing, and data uploading processes using SSIS to streamline daily tasks.
• Designed and maintained complex reports in SSRS, Cognos and Microstrategy.
• Designed, developed and implemented new database objects including tables, indexes, triggers, functions and stored procedures using SQL and T-SQL.
• Responded to ad-hoc database requests and resolved various database issues.
- Database Engineer at Maximus, Inc
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Colorado Community College Systems
- Cognos Report Developer at Sage Hospitality
- Business Intelligence Developer at Colorado News Agency
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration/Computer Programming
Provide 24X7 global support and troubleshoot for 150+ MSSQL instances. Implementing standards and procedures for BI stack, help with Database Design, DR and HA strategies. Monitor and Maintained PeopleSoft ERP.
• Install, architect, configure, patch, optimize and monitor enterprise wide 150+ SQL server instances.
• Design and Develop logical\physical database design and maintains.
• Implement and maintain database backup, recovery and archiving strategies for physical database, Provide standard regrading data access and database security.
• Conduct database and Server performance tuning to improver in-house application and PeopleSoft ERP.
• Monitor system with solarwind spotlight, Homegrown monitoring system (PowerShell, ElasticSearch).
• Capture baseline and analysis performance data for tuning opportunity using these toolset; PAL, SQL trace, SQL Profile, DiagManager, SQL Nexus, XEvent, diagnostic DMVs, SQL SentryOne Plan Explorer.
• Perform Month-end close process for financial reporting using genius AS400, MSSQL Server (SSIS, SSRS).
• Support PeopleSoft daily batch process, FTP Interface, Claims File automation and IBNR\nVision reporting
• Encryption(TDE), physical cluster, mirroring, always encrypted
• Perform quarterly database refresh for the PeopleSoft ERP: Automate nightly database refresh for the NPR
• Provided data center support – Yearly data center power outage, hardware support, install TPM encryption module for storage (bit locker), racking servers, cabling and maintenance management.
• Participates in quarterly offsite Disaster Recovery exercise.
• Familiarity with Azure Sql and could base Database integration and administration.
• Familiarity with Hortonworks Hadoop cluster.
• Perform security audit: Design and Test control activity related to the database(s) (e.g., MSSQL and/or Oracle); attend meetings with the SOX team and auditors; Perform preliminary and security tests on database(s); create the documentation for audit testing and results.
- Database Engineer at The Navigators
- Database Analyst / DBA at Cartus Inc
- Board Certified Pharmacy Technician at Walgreen Pharmacy
- Database Analyst / System Analyst at Kimchuk Inc
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master - Software Engineering
- BS - Computer Science
- High School Diploma