Technical lead and Principal Database Engineer supporting the maintenance and enhancement of a DOD Whitelist Tool Web Application suite for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Perform software development using an Agile Development methodology.
• SQL Server 2012 database administration, design, development and maintenance
• Requirements analysis, application design
• Database object development using T-SQL
• Data manipulation and loading
• Software release deployment and implementation, IIS support.
• Tier III customer support
- Principal Database Engineer at B&D Consulting
- Principal Software Engineer at CACI
- Principal Software Engineer at CACI
- Principal Software Engineer at CACI
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
Description: Working with 4 teams and I am the Database engineer for those teams. Where the data of the customers will be entered, and the transactions will be recorded and modified daily. Working with the schema change of databases according to the production servers. Majorly working with 50 sandbox servers.
• Created numerous simple to complex queries involving joins, sub-queries and stored Procedures.
• Maintained database security and Monitored log running MS SQL Server jobs.
• Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures.
• Created Functional and Technical specs to load data into Teradata warehouse.
• Created Drill down, Drill through, sub reports through SQL Server Reporting Services and creating subscriptions for automating the process.
• Worked with SharePoint database configuration and reporting services along with 'Always on' feature
• Create database maintenance plans for the performance of SQL Server including database integrity checks, update database statistics, re-indexing and data backups.
• Ability to script within SQL server effectively.
• Involved in merging existing databases and designed new data models to meet the requirements.
• Generated reports in various Tables, Matrix formats using Reporting services (SSRS) and created Dashboard Components like Scorecards, KPI's, Indicators, Analytic Charts, and Strategy Maps.
• The ability to understand and tune how a database interacts with a specific application.
• Working with development and application teams to perform application and database tuning.
• Taking care of various kinds of production and misc. tickets
• Setup, implement, and maintain Access Control as per industry standards in database management.
• Perform daily database backup & restoration and monitor the performance of Database Server.
• Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded in to the audit table.
• Working on Data compare and compare tool and in Azure Database explorer.
• Build report layouts with Visual Studio to design the report according to user specifications and to work with SSDT.
• Responsible for building Teradata tables, indexes, macros and BTEQ Scripts for loading/transforming data.
- Database Engineer at AvidXchange
- Database Administrator at Wells Fargo
- Senior SQL Server DBA/ SQL developer at State of Maine
- SQL Server/BI Developer at Valley Health Plans
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Technology
Supporting MongoDB infrastructure in development projects and data engineering efforts Analyze data engineering and architecture requirements and convert them into project activities Performing Database maintenance tasks on Oracle 12 databases, including patching, configuration, security remediation Defining user stories and eliciting requirements from customers and application teams and allocating stories to data engineers through Rally Creating Change Tasks, coordinating Change Management activities in development and QA (Database) environments, use ServiceFirst (ServiceNow) extensively. Playing critical role in Agile development projects as a Business Analyst and Database Engineer Use Rundeck jobs for automation and Data related tasks on various databases Developing articles and knowledge bases to define data engineering processes and procedures including that for R3+ infrastructure Support application Releases on an ongoing basis, both allocating resources and enabling development teams as a database engineer Create User Story cards based on requirements from development teams and ensure that they are meaningful data architecture/ database engineering task EY (Ernst & Young) Global Shared Services, Kochi, India
- Database Engineer/ Business Analyst at Barclay Card US (Rapport IT LLC)
- Assistant Director at Business Management Services
- Assistant Management - Process Excellence at Crossdomain Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Process Lead, Process Analyst, Technical Leader at Microland Ltd & Iseva Systems Pvt. Ltd
11 months at this Job
- Masters - Management Information Systems
- Bachelors - Computer Science & Engineering
- Support multiple legacy application environments, performing schema refreshes, application upgrades, preparing script bundles for client fixes
- Create and test patches for current application release levels
- Spin up instances in the OpenStack Private Cloud for Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c databases, install and configure Oracle 12c instances for POC for legacy apps migrations
- Database capacity monitoring/planning
- Troubleshoot and analyze performance issues, user issues
- Provided Webex recordings of various topics training DBA peers on various DBA responsibilities
- Create Knowledge Base Technical Documentation of BU DBA responsibilities, steady state support,
- Upload documents and Knowledge training recordings to company's Intranet Hub or MS SharePoint sites
- Provide MS SQL Server/Oracle DBA support of Legacy Apps ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● Perform database schema migrations out of the Company's Private Cloud for Professional Services Consultants and Support Services teams onto a physical server environments and AWS Cloud. ○ Wrote sql tablespace/schema creation scripts for creating new schemas in upgraded Oracle 12c Databases ○ Prepared MSSQL exports for importing into AWS Cloud Database, interfacing with Cloud Engineer collaborating together during the migration.
● Instrumental in solving application issues for specific customer unable to see their client data feeds. ○ Performed export/import of customer data into development database and ○ Deployed patches to the application code. ○ Interfaced with client to test queries and DIS Feeds executions to confirm the results were successful and data was visible.
● Designed and streamlined Professional Services Client Data Handling document to move client data from a Secure Network layer to Non-secure network level for troubleshooting application issues.
● Pulled hardware/software specifications on various database environments for application managers in preparation for migrating to upgraded Linux hardware and Oracle Software.
● Collaborated with the Technical Data Architect in delivering the specs to design a Build Configuration Solution and proposal (RFP) submitted to the stakeholders to review and approve.
- Database Engineer at Thomson Reuters/Refinitiv
- Database Administrator at MLT VACATIONS
- Database Administrator at METROPOLITAN COUNCIL
- Database Administrator at UNISYS CORPORATION
5 years, 8 months at this Job
Developed database integrations and application automations related to human services initiatives around the world.
- Database Engineer at Corp of Presiding Bishopric
- T-SQL Developer at KLAS
- Database Administrator at Imergent / Crescendo Inc
- Director of Information Technologies at PDC Pages
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Management Advisory Services
- B.S. - Accounting/Computer Science
Feb-2018 - till now Project: Safety Pharmacovigilance - Oracle Argus Application for clinical Study lifecycle management. Data Lock point reporting application. Role: - Senior Database Engineer/Data Architect.
Safety Pharmacovigilance - Argus Safety is a complete pharmacovigilance software system designed to solve the pharmaceutical industry's toughest regulatory challenges. Argus Safety supports drug safety business processes from an easy-to-understand user interface. This application is used for the compliance and reporting to Various regulatory authority. This is having Electronic reporting capability which directly interact with regulatory authority system. It is world wide application supporting US, JAPAN, EU, ASIAN countries Data Lock point reporting (DLP) Application: - Oracle Argus is providing the point in time reporting to regulatory authority. For end client custom build DLP application will come in handy to check the Historical version of the Clinical Studies. Environment: Oracle Argus application (7.5 version) Oracle 11g, PL SQL Developer, SQL Tool, SVN for version Control, DMBS Job Scheduling tool, Oracle OBIEE reporting tool, Odyssey Atlassian Tool for JIRA management, MongoDB, POSTGRESQL, Snowflake, Kafka, Salesforce. Responsibilities
• Define Data governance policy ,data security policy.
• Data modeling for Next generation Pharmacovigilance Platform
• Interact with the stakeholders to gather and manage requirements.
• Analysis of business requirements and functional specifications documents
• Creation of Technical design document to map the requirement
• Writing PL-SQL package to pull the data from different data sources and work extensively on data migration. For Extraction and for business logic Oracle PL-SQL is used. Job Scheduling is done by Oracle DBMS tool.
• Work with Business Analyst to get the QA as well as BA sign off.
• Work with Release team to deploy the code in production environment by following guidelines.
• Do coding in PL/SQL using packages, procedure and function. Creation of relevant quality documents like Analysis, Design, Test cases. Develop the complex View using Table function, Materialized View for downstream.
• Do the configuration setting/creation for New E2B profile.
- Senior Database Engineer/Data Architect at IQVIA
- Senior Database Engineer at Credit Suisse
- Technical Lead at Advaitaa Technologies INC
- Technical Lead at Advaitaa Technologies INC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering - Computer Engineering
• Installed, Configured, and Managed SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2 in development, test, and production environment
• Installed and Configured MS SQL Server 2014
• Database Migrated (development, testing and production environment)
- Database Engineer at IBM
- SQL Database Administrator at Data Group
- at NTT Data source to IBM Cloud
- SQL Database Administrator at TechTrend Inc
2 months at this Job
• Experienced in Performance tuning and indexing strategies using mongo utilities like Mongostat and Mongotop.
• Identified key Amazon resources required to perform automation like Amazon Machine Images, Subnets, Instance Type, Storage type, Security Groups, Availability zones, IAM roles, API keys, Secret keys.
• Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs, database logs and objects within each bucket.
• Installation, configuring and monitoring DataStax Enterprise Cassandra cluster with 8 nodes across two datacenters.
• Proactively help the teams to identify and resolve impediments. Ability to facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, effective manner by contacting appropriate parties including third party vendors.
• Built a shell configuration bundle to handle therequirements of creating the filesystems, installing the required RPM and making sure database cluster is built with standards
• Written windows batch scripts for automated backup, analyzing objects, rebuilding indexes.
• Responsible for administration, maintenance, Performance analysis, and Capacity planning for Mongo DB and Cassandra clusters.
• Performed migration of SQL server database running from Datacenter to AWS using AWS DMS
• Proficient in writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
• Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
• Created Backups for databases and automated the process. Executed DBCC commands like CHECKDB before backing up the databases
• Experience in benchmarking Cassandra Cluster using Cassandra stress tool
• SQL Server 2008 database development using T-SQL programming, queries, Stored Procedures, Views
• Design Database and schema, total product development lifecycle
• Monitor Production Server Health of different parameters (CPU Load, Physical Memory, Swap Memory, Hard disk, mongod service, and response time) via Zabbix
• Actively Worked with Development team and Operation team during crisis time to minimize customer impact and verifying the data consistency across all datacenter using CQL (Cassandra Query Language) . Create new Colum Family's as per application migration requirements
• Production monitoring, notification setup for Cassandra, MongoDB Clusters using OpsCenter, OpsManager, Node tool utilities
• Setup continuous availability of our mission critical MongoDB clusters using replication across data centers.
• Performed Multi-AZ Deployments for Microsoft SQL Server using SQL Server mirroring or Always On
• Created snapshots to take backups of the volumes and also images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances.
• Involved in automation effort of maintaining Production Cassandra clusters for (Start, Stop, Upgrade, Repair, Compaction, Monitoring) and worked on User defined compaction to release tombstones in Cassandra.
• Analyzed Database Workload on an Amazon RDS DB Instance with SQL Server Tuning Advisor.
• Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA)
• Setup CloudWatch alarm to check EC2 instance status and also EBS volume alerts to check the I/O performance.
• Migrated databases, logins, users, roles, permissions, jobs, stored procedures and other DB objects from SQL Server 2008, 2012 on Development, Testing Production Environments for various mission critical applications as part of end of life project.
• Created RDS instance for SQL server and migrated on-premises data from data center to AWS
• Worked in Agile software development environment, responsible ensuring data security, data integrity, and scalability, providing disaster recovery, high availability, provided daily update to product owner Environment:MS SQL Server, Mongo DB, Cassandra, AWS RDS, AWS CLI, Azure CosmosDB, AzureCLI, Cloud formation template, Ansible, OpsManager, OpsCenter, Cloud Watch, Shell Script, Python, GitHub, Zabbix, Agile, JIRA.
- Database Engineer at CSC
- Sr. Software Engineer at Xerox Corporation
- Software Consultant at Cnetric Enterprise Solutions
- Software Programmer at GoodWell Technologies
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master - Computer Applications
Created database to keep track of service records - Gather user requirements to design database - Lead company meetings to discuss progress and concerns - Use technical diagrams to communicate design to colleagues - Build prototype database in Microsoft Access to manage service service calls, employee information, product parts and service logs - Distribute prototype database to end users and connect them through local network - Design and build MySQL IT system to replace prototype database and connect to MySQL server
- Database Engineer at Ice-Box Ice
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems
• As Lead Database Engineer / Technical lead I lead a team of database administrator engineers to successful deliver numerous database system configuration, installation and build through automation using Open source Puppet, rpm build tools, a bit of Ruby on Linux systems. Our Puppet modules are documented using puppet strings so they are self-explanatory. Trained Sr. database administrators and technical leads on puppet development on the inhouse developed platform. Received positive feedback and commendations on presentation style and material coverage.
• As Lead Database Engineer / Technical lead I played a key role in identifying the gaps in code management and helped the team transition to a more robust distributed version management system (Git).
• I also played a key role in the development of database schema change automation using Flyway and Jenkins. Participated and successfully completed the POC, and continued to train numerous DBA's, Developers, and business unit partners in using Jenkins, Git, Flyway to manage their database schema changes for both Oracle and MS SQL Server. To reduce hardware and software resource dependence, I prepared and bundled training material into a virtual machine to help DBA's self-train in Flyway's usage. I became a go to person when it comes to Flyway, Jenkins, SAMIGit, TRAMS (custom TR application management suite).
• I helped numerous groups in their Data Modeling efforts and then helped drive optimal database development and administration. During my tenure, I wore multiple hats on various tasks and delivered on all my commitments. I also prepared and trained team members on the usage of Git for our projects. I presently wear multiple hats as well from Technical PM, Architect, Designer, Administrator, Developer and last but not least trainer.
- Lead Database Engineer/Tech Lead at Thomson Reuters
- Lead Database Designer/Architect at Thomson Reuters
- Sr. Data Engineer/Architect at Raymond James
- Sr. Data Engineer at HealthSparQ
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BE in Engineering - MOOC