1451 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, 5/2005 - 12/2018: Database Manager: Act as administrator for AAI's Association Management System, (AMS), including advice on database configuration, data import and integration, troubleshooting issues with AMS software, problem solving, staff training and documentation. * Create queries and provide reports for management and accounting, including mailing lists, surveys, subscription fulfillment orders, Council presentations and member directories. *Act as point of contact with vendors to review requirements for updates to the AMS database and transactional web interface. * Coordinate with staff to determine that AMS meets department needs. * Work with accounting to identify discrepancies between General Ledger (GL) and AMS data; and GL and other payment sources. *Imports data from outside vendors or other AAI databases. * Acts as database administrator to control user accounts, train staff, and maintain data integrity. *Serve on AAI's Information Technology Committee which oversees PC Network Control, PCI Security, Can-Spam and GDRP data handling. Content Licensing Manager *Negotiate with large multi-site and consortia subscribers to license content for The Journal of Immunology (The JI). Analyze subscription trends and market data and prepare presentation to recommend pricing for pay-per-view, single and multi-site licenses for The JI management approval. * Communicate with subscribers to trouble shoot online access. * Coordinate with online platform provider to maintain subscriber access. *Oversee subscriber mailing and IP addresses to ensure delivery of print and online journals.
- Database Manager at The American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
- Data Analyst/Publisher Representative at The American Physical Society, One Physics Ellipse
13 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Psychology
• Shouldered System Administrator responsibilities while serving as Database Manager; critical to the maintenance web based applications and 32 RHEL servers
• Provide DBA guidance in the design, development and administration of databases and their supporting infrastructure according to established standard practices methods and techniques
• Developed deployment validation processes that decreased deployment time by 35%
• Key player essential to complex system upgrade to ArcGIS 10.6.1 and PostgreSQL upgrade to 9.6.10
- Database Manager at GDIT
- Database Analyst/System Administrator at Global Commerce and Services, LLC
- Sr Database Analyst at General Dynamics Information Technology
- at United States Air Force Reserves
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- MBA - Electronic Business
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management - Information Systems Management
- Associate of Science
• Develops, implements and maintains standards for database system
• Serves as a primary contact for database inquiries
• Ensures database integrity and security by conducting monthly, quarterly and annual review, check and reconciliation
• Develops computer generated reports, collects aggregate data and metric.
• Creates and maintains policies, procedures and other documentation of the database
• Participates in strategic plan committees and makes recommendations in data systems
• Served as a project manager during data integration period
• Responsible for uploading, extracting and validation data
- Database Manager at Hope For The Warriors
- Advancement Services Coordinator at Lupus Foundation of America
- Data Processing Coordinator at Accor America
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management Information System
Ohio Bankers League (OBL) - January 2014 – October 2018
• Created reports and queries that tracked errors, income, expenses, participation and accounts payable data. These reports reduced reconciliation time by 30%.
• Assisted in testing, selection and implementation of new enterprise system.
• Managed field mapping and data scrubbing, improving data integrity in new database.
• Trained staff in basic database functions.
• Handled customer issues concerning company website with high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Tested and trained fellow staff members in cyber security practices to avoid system compromise by outside sources using KnowB4. OBL – Prior Positions – January 1998 – January 2014 Database Manager & Registrar
• Maintained data integrity of enterprise systems.
• Developed queries and reports for marketing educational conferences and seminars and contact management. This cut report processing time by 40% and list production time by 30%.
• Created new Access reporting, which offered functionality not available in enterprise system. Government Relations BankPac Specialist
• Developed database which tracked member donations to the Ohio BankPac Political Action Committee. This saved 75% in production time and increased marketing data accuracy by 30%.
• Saved organization thousands of dollars by keeping reporting in-house rather than outsourcing to a third party.
- Database Manager at Ohio Bankers League
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Legal Assisting
to implement a universal database for the entire company; included database administration implementing SQL and Oracle databases.
• Network Security Manager reduced risks by 50% using current firewall and DMZ technology, implementation of Active Directory accounts to ensure privacy, implementation of security of Wi-Fi network.
• Networking - implemented network and server so there would be a secure central site for all files.
• Prepare Corporate and Personal taxes for over 2000 clients including schedules, addendums and analysis.
- Database Manager at C.A. Trotter's Tax Service
- Table Games Supervisor at Majestic Star
- Network Security Manager at Bank of America
- Database Manager at US Navy
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Manages document retention in support of medium-sized law firm with service in the Southeastern Virginia area. Responsible for the accurate and timely transfer of physical documents into electronic media, capable of easy archive and retrieval.
• Developed scanning system to facilitate file database management; reduced reliance on paper files by 30%.
• Performs quality control on several cases per month, ensuring accuracy and legibility.
• Serves as database manager for all electronic case files.
- Legal Database Manager at The Moody Law Firm
- Administrative Assistant at Ajilon Professional Staffing
- Office Administrator at The Midtown Group
- Customer Service Representative at Office of Tax & Revenue
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Elementary Education
- - Medical
• Division Exercise and Training Review System Database build for the Bridge Combat Support Training Exercise
• Joint Deployment Logistics Model Community of Practice input for Training Database build
• Primary Instructor for Force Battle Command Brigade and Below-Joint Capabilities Release and Force Battle Command Brigade and Below-Joint Capabilities Release-Logistics
• Assistant Instructor for Command Post of the Future (Strategic Command 13.0.5)
• Perform over the shoulder instruction for Culminating Training Events for Non-Commissioned Officer Advanced and Senior Leaders Courses Key Contributions
• Performed as a Database Manager for a Mission Rehearsal Exercise for the 458th Engineer Battalion at Fort Bliss, TX
• Developed two training databases using the Joint Training Data Services for the 103rd Chemical Battalion Command Post Exercise and for the Combat Support Training Exercise to be used on the Division Exercise Training and Review System
• Assist in the Joint Deployment Logistics Model database build for the Bridge Combat Support Training Exercise
- Database Manager at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Instructor at CACI International
- Observer-Trainer/Controller at United States Army/Army Reserve
- at General Dynamics Information Technology
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- None - General Studies
- None - General Studies
• Serve as the Database Manager for the organization's database ( Raiser's Edge - Fundraising and Relationship Management software) - Maintain database detailing donor and volunteer information (mailing addresses, gift records, volunteer records), financial data, financial reports and summaries, etc.
• Utilize Raiser's Edge database program to record all gifts and generate all donor acknowledgement correspondence
• Generate all program analysis reports from Raiser's Edge and interpret data
• Collaborate with the development team in the production of all fundraising & special events, communication strategies, website design, and charity partnerships * Surpassed Development Team goal of raising $15,000 in 30 minutes for the dedicated giving portion of Salute America event
• Daily correspondence with donors via email, phone, and physical interaction (i.e.: community outreach events, donation pick-ups/scheduled donation drop-offs, speaking engagements)
• Cultivate relationships with external companies/organizations to develop and implement successful fundraising objectives
• Responsible for cultivating donor stewardship through the development of an annual stewardship plan detailing effective communication strategies and dates of planning of execution
• Collaboration and reconciliation of funds by month with the finance department
- Donor Relations & Database Manager - Development at Lighthouse of Oakland County
- Server at Rojo Mexican Bistro
- Receptionist at The Woodward Avenue Salon
- Development Intern at Lighthouse of Oakland County
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication
on a contract they had with FAA in Anchorage Alaska. That was late May 1989. I was hired and worked for Computer Sciences thru the end of 1989 beginning the development of a program I named CommNet. I working with Martin Marietta which became Lockheed Martin and finished CommNet, which justified a $93,000,000 contract for the installation of dual earth stations at 53 airport sites in Alaska. When the CommNet was finished, I was transferred to serve as a Database Manager and Software Developer working with FAA employees and engineers on Project Management Software (Prestige) until about 18 months before I was laid off in December 2008. At that point FAA transitioned to using Primavera as their Project Management Support tool. The last few months of 2008, the work environment became less friendly, and I'm betting it was because another of the computer support people found that I was oriented toward Conservative principles. I believe that is the reason I was laid off on the 5th of December 2008.
- Database Manager and Software Developer at Computer Sciences
1 month at this Job
Manage the database operations team to deliver and support new and existing database systems. Guide the team in implementing best practices in database administration and automation for existing and new databases and systems. Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the university's databases. Aid in all aspects of DBMS including creating data structures (tables, indexes, and views), backups, and queries as needed. Perform SQL and database tuning (performance) in an MS Windows SQL client/server environment. Support client connectivity to the databases utilizing various client software. Responsible for the coordination, management, and successful completion of special projects as directed by Campus Information Services leadership. Database Server Administrator Facilitate access, security, integrity, and upgrades for all university database systems. Identify and recommend requirements for future data storage needs. Design and implement new data structures and solutions while maintaining data security. Educate department managers on impacts of system upgrades. Track, report, and document database infrastructure upgrades and database security procedures. Key Achievements: Successfully updated multi-site campus central database platform and legacy campus management system. Held key role in database security audit and control of potential security threat; implemented database performance monitoring solutions. Expanded central campus management system and campus admissions CRM solution across multiple servers to reduce dependency on legacy software. Implemented database disaster recovery procedures for business continuity in the event of a natural disaster or system failure. Developed and implemented a data integration solution for Human Resources to reduce payroll processing time from approximately 30 man hours a week to less than 4 minutes. Researched and implemented database monitoring solutions and procedures to achieve 99.999% uptime of database systems.
- Database Manager at Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Systems Programmer at Comscape Telecommunications
- Applications Engineer at QOS Labs
- Senior Technical Support Supervisor at Command Software Systems / Authentium
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming Technologies - education