MS Access Database Programmer. (Contract assignment through Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc.)
• Create flow charts for Central Operations New Accounts tools used for extracting and data mining flat files for importing into reporting applications designed in MS Access.
• Convert actions and events created using macros to object and standard modules coded in VBA allowing better readability, structuring, flexibility, functionality and debugging.
• Work with end users to incorporate enhancements and modifications to the MS Access applications to improve efficiency and functionality.
• Test various scenarios of data extraction and data mining between Synergy and Monarch tools.
• Compare data output of Synergy templates using different data types in template configurations.
• Document existing MS Access database applications. Technical Environment: MS Office Professional 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS Access 2010, VBA, Macros, Sharepoint, Skype, Lync, Synergy ECM, Monarch.
- MS Access Database Programmer at City National Bank
- Accounting Analyst, Oracle CoA and FA Implementaion at Mattel Toys
- Data Analyst at Karl Storz Endoscopy
- Sr. Accountant at Directv
2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
• Responsible for the development of custom database programming for software geared for the non-profit grant financial reporting.
• Monitor network security for safe and reliable intranet and internet connectivity so that database information would not be breached.
- Database Programmer at Mission Empower
- System Analyst, PC Technician and Support at Keystone Research Corporation
- Hardware/Software, Network Support Specialist, Tech at Trek Inc
- Project Leader/Programmer Analyst, System/Network Administrator at PA Stitchery Inc
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems - Information Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Business - administration
As a database programmer, created a star schema datamart in SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition and SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition. Visio was used to define a logical model (entitites/attributes/relationships) and convert into a physical model (columns/tables/keys). Also managed Tfs_warehouse, project collections, and the configuration database from Team Foundation Server 2012.Management Studio was used to create linked servers, clustered/nonclustered/filtered indexes, CLR functions written in c#, synonyms, indexed views with scehmabinding, update statistics, foreign keys, surrogate/primary keys, constraints, functions, maintenance plans, backup/restore, stored procedures, mapping/dimension/fact tables in SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012 using TSQL. Utilized logs, Execution Plans, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances (FCI) in SQL 2012, SQL Trace, Powershell, Profiler, Error Logs, Activity Monitor, Distributed Replay, System Monitor, Showplan, DBCC commands, Session/Global Trace Flags, and system views/functions/stored procedures when anlyzing queries/stored procedures.SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) was used to create SSIS packages that extracted, transformed and loaded data from various sources into star schema datamart. The packages utilized logging, error handling, checkpoints, precedent constraints, Slowly changing dimension wizard, lookups, and various transformations. Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) was used to create MOLAP/rOLAP cubesconsisting of dimensions, MDX calculations, named queries within the data source view,KPI's, hierarchies, attributes, member properties, and measures within SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) As a Report Writer, I created reports for SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012, SAP Crystal Reports 2013, Excel 2010 with Power Pivot addon, PowerBI, and Tableau 8.x/9.x Reports designed for SSRS were created using SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT-BI) or Report Builder. They included sparklines and data bars/bar/line charts, indicators, expressions, shared datasources, cascading parameters, custom formatting, matrix/tabular/list/tablix layouts, bookmarks, document maps, cached shared datasets, cache refresh plan, and data driven subscriptions.Reports designed in Crystal Reports included bar/line charts, sub reports, dynammic pick list, formulas, report bursting, cascading parameters, custom formatting, ufl fucntions.Reports designed in Excel 2010 with PowerPivot addon handled millions of records, included macros, pivotcharts, pivotables, slicers, DAX functions. Power View reports were created from data models in Sharepoint Server 2010 document library or in a Powerpivot Gallery. The data models created were either a powerpivot file (xlsx), a shared datasource (rsds), or (bism) connection file based on tabular model in SSAS 2012. DAX and VBA were used in reports.Tableau was used to create a few dashboards. The Tableau dashboards included workbooks, sheets, stories, sets (custom fields), views, filters, grouping, and sorting.
- Sr. Database Programmer at Neutraderm
- Database Programmer at Ascent Service Group/Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Database Programmer at Comsys/Bonneville Power Association
- Database Programmer at Adecco/Sega Entertainment USA
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Data Governance initiative startup, and ongoing process chair. Requirements interpretation and data analysis, as well as database development and design using SQL and SSIS to create new systems, from Load/ETL to data management, as well as enhancing existing legacy system and processes streamlining. Power BI and Tableau reporting, as well as Qualtrics use and survey reporting / ETL.
Data Governance initiative startup, and ongoing process chair. Requirements interpretation and data analysis, as well as database development and design using SQL and SSIS to create new systems, from Load/ETL to data management, as well as enhancing existing legacy system and processes streamlining.
Power BI and Tableau reporting, as well as Qualtrics use and survey reporting / ETL.
- Database Programmer at University of California
- Institutional Research Analyst III at University of California
- Computer Network Technician I at University of California
- Senior .NET Developer at PNC Bank, N.A
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Communication and info systems management
Programming databases for POS systems in hospitality industry and training customers how to use them.
Programming databases for POS systems in hospitality industry and training customers how to use them.
- Database Programmer at Blue Moon Solutions
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- Perform administrative application design and programming. - Assist DBAs by performing various tasks as assigned. - Design, code, test and maintain software applications. - Create ETL jobs to support reporting needs and application integrations. - Produce and publish technical documentation on institution's wiki. - Monitor Data Warehouse refresh process and resolve issues with ETL processes. - Respond to inquiries, provide advice and level 2 application support to end users. - Manage user security in database applications and reporting tools. - Experienced with PL/SQL scripts, distributed queries, triggers, functions and stored procedures. - Responsible for developing, testing and implementing enhancements to the duplicate pidm merge program and processing duplicate merge requests. - Currently working on a project to build queries and create ETL jobs in DataStage to be used for state reporting.
- Database Programmer I at The University of Memphis
- Systems Support Specialist I at The University of Memphis
- Billing Systems Analyst II at Comcast
- Collections Accounting Representative at Comcast
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Provided day to day database programming, administration and application support for various in-house and off the shelf applications
• Installed patches, upgraded, and maintained various MS Access, SQL Server, and Oracle database servers globally [email protected] (860) 559-1927 (Continued Work Experience)
• Managed over 16 Oracle database servers, using OEM, supporting over 100 Oracle and SQL Server databases for over half a dozen of applications
• Performed database backup and recovery as well as performance and tuning tasks as needed Programmer/Analyst
• Developed several custom applications and databases
• Developed custom scripts as needed in support of database and application support tasks
• Collaborate with users, developers, business analysts, and project managers to capture and document both business and functional technical requirements in support of creating new custom client/server and web applications
• Train users in the use of the software application and systems Application Support/Analyst
• Led various application implementation and upgrade projects by actively participate in all phases of the application implementation process. Gathered and created documentation to support the business requirements and technical specifications related to the application design, development, implementation, integration, and testing process including the management of various application licenses maintenance and renewal
• Managed day to day application system operation including troubleshooting and tracking application user issues. Trained and mentored Help Desk staff with supporting and troubleshooting the applications. Assist desktop support team with troubleshooting hardware and software issues as well with new PC deployments
• While acting as the liaison between the business team, the application users, and the IT team, participated in weekly change control meeting to provide input for any application changes as well as discussing any other changes impacting applications being supported.
• Worked closely with vendors, partners, application users and other technical resources including the server and network team to resolve technical and functional application issues, as well as database issues. Provided day to day application/help desk support for various in-house custom and off-the-shelf application systems PRIMAVERA Application Support/Analyst
• Led several PRIMAVERA implementation and upgrades from version 5.x to P6 EPPM version 17.x
• Managed and supported a large centralized global PRIMAVERA application environment for over 500 users worldwide with over 24 Citrix client servers, 6 Web servers, over 10 Oracle database servers with 90 + Oracle PRIMAVERA databases
• Troubleshoot issues, track, and drive trouble tickets to resolution to meet the required SLAs
• Installed application patches and upgrades as needed by the business as part of the application maintenance and enhancement process
• Developed detail implementation tasks plan and schedule including user acceptance testing before and after an implementation.
• Coordinated the execution of all projects according to plan. Developed and performed disaster recovery test plans and scenarios
• Proactively monitored customers satisfaction by providing an application performance and support customer satisfaction survey
• Provided technical inputs and recommendations for hardware and software requirements consistent with the business needs and continuity and any other technical system requirements
- Database Programmer/Administrator at Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
14 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors - Computer Science
- Database Programmer at Dallas Baptist University
- Mathematics Tutor at Dallas Baptist University
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
- High school
Cleaned, Transformed, and Validated data for decision making per client specification for data integrity reports. Set-up and deployment of email marketing. Confer with data processing rules to obtain information on limitations or capabilities of databases. Direct technical writing development of documentations to establish departmental procedure. Maintain online ordering database, including creating and modifying tables, monitoring and importing data. Maintain test metrics to measure and control progression of e-mail communication testing and deployment. Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements. Compensation: 44,000 annually.
- Database Programmer/Analyst at CompuSystems, Inc
- IMS Integration Tester at Alcatel-Lucent
- Computer Lab Assistant at Chicago State University
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- MS - Information systems
Created several databases for Disaster Recovery company allowing for efficient tracking and billing of debris removal tickets
• Modified databases for changing requirements during Hurricane Sandy operations
- Database Programmer, Independent Contractor at
- Project Engineer (Job Clerk) at Amason & Associates, Inc
- Temporary Positions at Various
- Administrative Assistant at McAbee Construction, Inc
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Management