9+ years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance specializing in Data Warehouse (ETL), Web services, Mainframe and Manual Testing.
• Extensive knowledge of all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Experience on Agile and Waterfall Methodology
• Savvy to Agile projects and have handled sprint releases, adhering to Software Quality standards
• Extensive knowledge of QA methodology, standards and procedures such as creating test strategy, test plans, test cases, RTM, test scripts, test data and Regression test suites
• Hands on Experience in testing business functionalities, Smoke, System Integration, End-to-End, Back End, Front End, User Interface, Reports and Regression Testing
• Proficient in DW ETL, validated data completeness and target data business transformation logics
• Strong experience in Testing Data Warehouse (ETL) and Business Intelligence (BI) applications
• Ability to test backend applications by writing database SQL statements. Developed queries for querying data against data bases like SQL Server, Oracle and Teradata for data validations
• Executed Test scripts, analyzed test results, logged and tracked defects using CQ, QC and ALM
• Effective interaction with Developers and Business analysts on project requirements and progress
• Excellent technical and strong interpersonal skills, Flexible to new environments and a quick learner
• Validated the WSDL request and response messages and data elements using SOAP UI
• Participated in the Backlog grooming, daily standup, tasking and retrospective meetings
• Lead several QA testing teams from designing acceptance test criteria through QA sign off
• Taken Cloudera certification for Hadoop, and have knowledge on big data and NoSql databases
• Experience working with geographically distributed onsite, offshore, development and testing teams
- DB QA Analyst at Optum –United Health Group
- Test Analyst at BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS)
- Systems Engineer at Bank of America
- Systems Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters in Information Systems Management - Information Systems Management
- Bachelors in Information Technology - Information Technology
• Analyzed the functional requirements by interacting with system architect, developers and business users by conducting walkthroughs and meetings.
• Developed and executed Test cases to implement Scrum for frequent intermediate deliveries with working functionality.
• As an ETL Tester responsible for the understanding the business requirements, ETL and subsequently design ETL testing strategy using SQL and PL/SQL scripts.
• Responsible for development, review, analysis, and coordination of the test plans, test scripts, and testing of internally developed software system.
• Adopted Agile/scrum methodology for - Risk Mitigation, Monitoring and Management (risk analysis) at every stage of the project Cycle with transparency in planning and module development.
• Created and executed test cases for all the required extracts and prepared test scripts for interface validation and End to End and Integration Testing.
• Worked very closely with SA's to analyze the data flow and mapping document for each extract.
• Written complex SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures to validate the data movement based on STT's.
• Ensure alignment of testing strategy with the project's quality goals and resource limits and escalates issues to the PM and alerts the project team on potential impact to test schedule. Provided daily ETL Informatica status meeting to the PM and Client.
• Update Testing/Project managers on status/issues
• Responsible for the preparing the weekly project status report and Defect Metrics for Client and Infosys.
• Experience in preparing the mock data for testing purpose. Tested and reported defects for project related Stand-alone tables.
• Experienced running Robot Jobs to load the data into SQL server. Uploaded PQM Test Cases for all Profile, User and Metric extracts into QC ALM.
• Executed all the test cases and logged defects in QUALITY CENTER/ALM.
• Demonstrated problem solving, design and technical leadership skills. Environment: ETL Informatica, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, QC, Oracle, HP ALM/Quality Center, Toad, MS Office Suite, HP ALM, Rational Clear Quest, UNIX, PERL, SOAP UI and XML.
- Sr. QA Tester/Database Tester/SQL Tester at CarMax
- Sr. QA Tester/Data Validation at Walmart
- QA Tester at Foot Locker
- QA Tester at College Board
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- master - stand-alone workflows
Description: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.6 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8, 700 locations, more than 12, 500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Responsibilities: → Participated in leading multiple projects simultaneously, develop and execute test cases, test scripts, and procedures. → Responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project. → Defined and improve automation test practices to optimize time frames, participate in sprint planning, sprint grooming and retrospective sessions. → Participated in all release deployment testing activities; as needed. Frequency is monthly and/or quarterly depending on the application. → Assisted in the implementation of QA processed to ensure correctness of data flowing through each stage of the ETL process. → Involved in ETL process testing using Abinitio ETL tool. → As a ETL Tester responsible for the understanding the business requirements, ETL and subsequently design ETL testing strategy using SQL scripts. → Knowledge transfer/ Issue Resolution sessions with Business/Dev leads → Performed execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and reports them. → Managed the implementation of cost effective and "industry best practice" quality assurance and testing solutions while retaining strong levels of quality control. → Developed ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Targetmappings. → Managed, plan, implement, and deploy testing strategies and activities across projects and testing teams to ensure testing consistency, standards and overall testing coverage. → Created centralized data warehouse (ODS) and developed de-normalized structures based on the requirements and to improve the query performance for end users. → Worked with ETL Source System and Target System (ETL Mapping Document) for writing test cases and test scripts. → Created automation scripts using QTP, Executed and Analyzed test results. → Interacted with test leads and architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices → Performed Black Box testing of different applications and products for multiple projects → Provided guidance for Test Planning and Test Execution along with defect root cause Analysis and reporting
- Senior ETL/Database Tester EDWH at Credit Risk Data Warehouse
- BI/ETL Test Lead at Risk Data Mart
- Data/SQL/ETL Tester at State Street
- ETL Tester at Credit Suisse
2 years, 5 months at this Job
• Identified the Business, Data requirements and converting them into conceptual and data models.
• Involved in Data modeling and design of data warehouse in star schema methodology with confirmed and granular dimensions and FACT tables.
• Creating and running Sessions & Batches using Work flow Manager to load the data into the Target Database.
• Using Informatica Repository Manager, maintained all the repositories of various applications, created users, user groups, security access control.
• Extensively worked on Database Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Constraints optimized for maximum performance.
• Created Informatica Mappings to load data using transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregations, Expression, Joiner, Lookup, Filters, Sequence, Router and Update Strategy.
• Designed and developed Informatica Mappings, applets, Sessions, Work flows and Work lets for data loads and data cleansing.
• Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also performed tuning for better performance.
• Developed STAR Schema's including identifying FACTS and Dimensions and Designed tables.
• Written Unix Shell Scripts for getting the data from all systems to the data warehousing system. The data was standardized to store various business units in tables.
• Analyzed the sources according to Business rules and developed Validation Database.
• Managed the Meta data associated with the ETL processes to populate the Data Warehouse.
• Worked on Work flow Manager Tools - Task Developer, Work flow Designer & Work let Designer.
• Tested all the applications and transported the data to the target Warehouse Oracle tables, schedule and run extraction and load process and monitor sessions and batches by using Informatica work flow manager.
• Identified and tracked the slowly changing dimensions on heterogeneous Sources.
• Tested the target data against source system tables by writing some QA Procedures.
• Functional and regression testing for deploying applications.
• Tested all the applications and transported the data to the target Warehouse Oracle tables, schedule and run extraction and load process and monitor sessions and batches. Environment: Informatica 7.1.3, Business Objects 6.1, web intelligence 2.6, web intelligent SDK, ZABO, JSP, Oracle 9i, Teradata Bteq, SQL*Loader, Unix Shell Scripts, SUN Solaris, PL/SQL, SQL Server, Tera data V2R5, Toad
- ETL/QA/DATABASE TESTER at VERIZON
- ETL/QA/SQL TESTER at CVS PHARMACY
- ETL/BI/QA TESTER at T-MOBLIES-SEATLE WA
- QA TESTER at HDFC BANK
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Databases Oracle
- - Business Objects
Greeted persons entering establishment, determined nature and purpose of visit, and directed visitor to specific destination, and answered questions and provided information.
● Answered telephone to schedule future appointments, provide information, and forward call.
● Transmitted information and documents to customer, using computer, mail.
● Filed and maintained records.
● Enter newly registered Tester information update Database:Tester information; Scheduling information Handle problems with missing data.
● Supervised the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Receptionist/database/call center at Peryam & Kroll
- Receptionist/Medical Assistant at
13 years, 2 months at this Job
Scan and prepare raw data for data entry; Enter data from Case Report Forms into Clintrial software, meeting quality standards; Serve as database tester for User Acceptance Testing; Creating Case Report Forms using Teleform software; Perform quality checks; Review of Clinical Trial Master Files.
- Data Entry Clerk at US Tech Solutions
- Data Entry Rep at 22nd Century Staffing - UPS
- Data Entry Tech III at Quest Diagnostics
- Client Service Rep II at Upromise Investments
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Graphic Design
- - Liberal Arts
- H.S. Diploma
Responsibilities: * Involved in the entire Testing Life Cycle of the projects from Initiation to Implementation. * Involved in daily Scrum meetings (Agile Methodology). Also involved in Iteration/Sprint planning meeting to plan the stories that needs to be developed and tested in the upcoming sprint based on the priority and estimated effort. * Create test plan and test cases for manual testing from the business requirements to match the project's initiatives. * Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected result. * Maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using ALM. * Verify data were synchronization after the data is troubleshoot, and also used SQL to verify the test cases * Verify defects and Perform database functional, integration and regression testing as needed to minimize defects. Responsible for gathering requirements from the Subject Matter Expert (SME) * Performed execution phased: Executing test cases, identified products issues, wrote detailed bug reports and participated in bug review during the product development stages. * Participated in Risk Management to help determine best use of development and testing resources. * Used HP QC/ALM and MS Excel to manage the entire process and log in defects. * Carried out and oversee test execution for Business scenario, User acceptance and Regression testing. * Performed database validation according to the business logic by comparing the source to the target, Tested Data Warehousing application on Teradata * Creating and executing SQL queries to perform Data Integrity testing on Teradata to validate and test data using Teradata SQL Assistant. * Familiar with UNIX shell scripting * Develop the report using the BI tools: Cognos and test them according to the business requirements. * Tracked bugs using Application Lifecycle Management and generated the defect reports for review by the client and the Management teams * Took part in PPV (Post Production Validations) and worked efficiently to manage off-shore teams for timely completion of the task. Environment: Oracle, Toad, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, BTEQ scripts, AGILE, Clear Quest, Informatica 9.0, UNIX(AIX), Putty, QC/ALM
- Jr. QA/ETL Tester at WellPoint
- Jr. QA/Database Tester at Verisk Information Technologies
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- MS - Data Science
- BS - Information Management
Responsibilities: ◆ Prepared test data based on data mapping document. ◆ Have experience in validating the business transformations by writing complex SQL queries ◆ Test Management tool ALM/HP Quality Center is used to prepare test cases, for test execution and to extract testing status and used Clear Quest for Defect tracking. ◆ Written Complex SQL queries to query DB2 data base. ◆ Responsible for complete End to End Web application testing. ◆ Coordinated with QA Testing Team to test various test scenarios involving Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts. ◆ Ran Complex SQL queries to verify the number of records from source to Target and Validated the Null, Default Values and Trim space rules as per the design specification. ◆ Extensive experience in ETL process consisting of data transformation, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading ◆ Follow up for fixes and verification, defect tracking and reporting using Team Foundation server (TFS). ◆ Involved in the System testing, end to end testing and Regression testing, UAT, batch testing on the modified sprint build. ◆ Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology. ◆ Worked closely with Product and Project Managers on the implementation of new projects and infrastructures including operational readiness, change preparation, change execution, and post-change QA validation. ◆ Responsible for creating Detailed Test Plan, Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts, and reporting status about accurate coverage of the requirements and business processes. ◆ Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables. ◆ Worked in Agile environment, in which User Stories with its tasks were assigned to me as per the iteration. ◆ Providing training to team members for implementing test management using TFS and MTM ◆ Reviewed the test activities through daily Agile Software development stand-up meetings. ◆ Created detailed Test Scenarios and Test cases according to the business/functional requirements ◆ Performed Backend/SQL Test for Insert, Update, and Functions. ◆ Working with Data base testing Involved in Data Migration Testing and preparing documents. ◆ Tested the validity and correctness of data in the system using data centric testing. ◆ Wrote many SQL scripts to verify data in the DB and verify consistency with application UI ◆ Written complex SQL queries to validate the data movement between source_2_target. ◆ Involved in the Unit testing and System testing. Environment: HP ALM, Flat Files, Agile, IBM Clear Quest, Test Plans, T-SQL, SQL, DB2, PL/SQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Relational Database, Windows.
- Sr. ETL Tester at Blue cross blue shield
- ETL Tester at Bank of America
- QA Analyst at FedEx
- SQL Database Tester at Kaiser Permanente
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Business
· Managed the daily activities and workloads for multiple Remote teams for iOS and Android OS · Ensured that QA functions correspond to all required by company and industry regulations · Provided coaching and mentorship to the quality team, ensuring appropriate levels of accountability for quality decisions and communicated closely with other Team Leads and QA Manager · Managed Bug Tracking Database after collecting and analyzing information from APP Testing on Device Fragmentation · Managed the document control system including creation and records as required · Participated in data collection provided by QA Team · Estimated, prioritized, planed and coordinated testing activities · Created Test Matrices and Plans for new Mobile APP Testing Projects · Developing, maintaining and executing manual tests and regression scenarios for multiple web and mobile applications under test. · Report issues into the Defect Tracking system Bugzilla and continue following up with bugs till resolution · Review and analyze requirements to develop detailed test cases and to established traceability between application requirements and test cases. · Develop test plans and test cases by analyzing design documents and business requirement documents. · Estimate the testing to be done within the deadline and discuss with management the necessary resources. · Identify the Scope of the testing required for a particular release based on the Requirement Documents · Initiate the test planning activities for test case design and encourage the team to hold review meetings, also ensure the review comments are incorporated · Develop Requirement Traceability Matrices to make sure all requirements are covered by test cases · Perform Functional, Regression and Smoke testing for every modification in the application and new builds · Coordinate with IT leads, developers and system integration team to resolve various issues related to bug fixing, re-analyzing certain functionalities and providing creative feedbacks · Perform GUI, Back End and Regression testing · Writing Test Cases for manual Verification of GUI Functionality of the Application. · Write SQL queries for Database testing · Prepare Test plan and Test cases based on the business requirements · Generate, analyze, and publish JMeter test results and document the testing process · Manage customer projects in a remote testing environment, driving load from multiple points of presence in order to emulate business transactions identified under defined circumstances · Responsible for executing test cases and log defects
- Software QA Tester at GesherSoft
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Logistics Management
• Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems.
• Developing test plans, test cases created for the database backend testing and testing database functionality according to business requirement and technical document.
• Developing test scripts and mapping documents as per data requirement.
• Importing and exporting data using SQL Server Import and Export Wizard and running except queries to validate data from source to target.
• Writing complex SQL queries to validate data that is populated in Data Mart / Data warehouse which are Transformed and Loaded using Data Flux.
• Preparing test data as per requirement and validate data for IDL load and then Delta processing.
• Validating contents that are populated in Veeva system through jobs.
• Testing contents that populated in different types of reports including Report Layout, Naming Conventions, Totals, Sub-Totals, Drilling options, prompts, metric calculations, drill maps and security filters.
• Collecting evidence for each step of the process to ensure that any errors are captured in time and resolved immediately.
• Extensively using Data warehouse ETL methodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing.
• Closely working on all the stages of SDLC for the project and designing and executing Functional, Integration, Regression, System (End to End) and Backend (Database)
• Review test document with team and business.
• Assisting code promotion from QA/UAT to Production. Environment- DWH Informatica Power center (ETL), Business Objects XIR3, HP Quality Center/ALM, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, QTP, SQL SERVER, SSIS, Toad for Oracle, Unix, Autosys, Windows XP..
- QA Analyst/DW/Reports Tester at Morgan Stanley
- ETL Tester at Fresenius HealthCare
- Database tester at Orbitz
- Software Tester at LiteRetail (e-Commerce) and Retail Cloud (Store POS)
5 years, 1 month at this Job