Description: Nationwide, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by A.M. Best. The company provides a full range of personalized insurance and financial services, including auto insurance, motorcycle, boat, homeowners, life insurance, farm, commercial insurance, administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and health and productivity services.
• Responsible for business analysis, requirement collection, design and development of guest data mart.
• Interpreted the information from various operational sources and external systems to document the datastage jobs as per the business requirement.
• Analyzed the data for inconsistencies, and duplicates.
• Used the Data stage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database.
• Used Datastage Manager for importing metadata from repository, new job categories and creating new data elements.
• Used Datastage Director and the runtime engine to schedule running the server jobs, monitoring scheduling and validating its components.
• Used Agile implementation models.
• Used Parallel Extender Development/Debugging stages like Row generator, Column Generator, Head, Tail and Peek.
• Dealt extensively with data from Teradata sources.
• Used Datastage Director to validate schedule run and monitor the datastage jobs.
• Used Before/After Job-Subroutines in Job Properties.
• Used Datastage for developing, programs for scheduling data loading and transformations
• Verified job process logic by preparing test data and conducting unit tests and participated in the systems testing and user acceptance testing.
• Have demonstrated good communication skills, both oral and written throughout the project along with excellent time management.
• Worked together in a team of variety of background and skills to produce results which helped us immensely in achieving the target. Environment: IBM Info Sphere DataStage 8.7/8.5 (Designer, Administrator, Director, Manager),Teradata 13.11, Zena, Serena, Windows Server 2003, AIX 6.1, SQL Plus, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL Loader, SQL, MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Sr.DataStage Developer at Sr.DataStage Developer
- Sr.Datastage Developer at FedEx
- Data Stage Developer at Schering, Plough
- DataStage Consultant at Axiall
1 year, 8 months at this Job
remote for client JLG)
➢ DataStage Development work to convert DataStage 8.7 to 11.5
➢ Netezza production fixes or reruns, development of new tables
➢ Production break fix work
➢ Production support role - revolving every 2 weeks
- DataStage Developer at GDC
- at Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- FTE DataStage Administrator at Bank of America
- Software Developer & Integrator I at FTE
3 months at this Job
- Masters - Business Administration Technology Management
- Master of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Business Information Systems
Technology/Software: DataStage 11.5, DB2, UNIX, XML files, Mainframe, Red Prairie tool
• Worked on resolving the production issues
• Worked on identifying the DataStage issues and responsible for solving those issues if needed code will be changed depending upon the issue
• Worked on monitoring the changes in Production
• Worked on adding new jobs to the existing DataStage jobs
• Worked on extracting data from DB2(Operational Datawarehouse) and loading that data into XML files
• Responsible for preparing the document for the DataStage code change
• Extensively used Mainframe to extract data from the HRDW tables
• Extensively used UNIX to run DataStage jobs in DEV and QA environment
- DataStage developer at Walmart
- DataStage developer at CVS Health, Rhode Island
- DataStage developer at Ebay, California
- DataStage developer at IDEA Cellular Limited
6 months at this Job
The project involved developing data extracts and transform modules of Health Care data for various vendors, which facilitates to have an integrated view of the amount and the type of the business with its members.
● Extensively used Parallel and Sequence Job Stages -SQL Extract, Dataset/File set, Lookup File set, Aggregator, Join, Transformer, Sort, Merge, Filter, FTP, Lookup, Head, Tail and Pivot, etc
● Used Job Sequencer stages to link multiple jobs in Series/Parallel based on the requirement.
● Used the DataStage Director and its run-time engine to schedule running the solution, testing and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions (on an ad hoc or scheduled basis).
● Implementing shared containers for multiple jobs, which have the same business logic.
● Migrating DS8 jobs to DS9 environment. Troubleshooting any issues.
● Gathering requirement from different teams, creating mapping and technical documentation and Unit Testing documents.
● Worked closely with data management team to understand the business processes and participated in gathering business requirements to build the data warehouse model. ENVIRONMENT: DataStage v9.1.2 & v8.0.1, SQL, UNIX, Atomic, Microsoft Visual Studio, MS Access, Sybase, Green plum
- DataStage Developer at Fidelis Care
- DataStage Developer at Wall-mart Inc
- DataStage Developer at Coca Cola
- DataStage Developer at Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
3 years, 5 months at this Job
BACARDI fetches CARDS information from many upstream applications. This information fetched by BACARDI is used by client and this info in turn is transformed by BACARDI and the transformed information is queried by end users. This project helps BACARDI to become fully reliant source of CARDS information and independent of RDR thereby becoming compliant to meet BASEL requirements as ADS.
• Involved in Development of Extract, Transform & Load jobs using DataStage.
• Developed the DataStage jobs by using different stages like Transformer, lookup, join, Column generator, Sequential file, job Sequencer, User-Variable activity, job activity exec-command activity, Dataset, DB2 Connector, ODBC, Funnel, Filter, Sort, Aggregator etc.
• Involved in development of sequence jobs and Unix Scripting, before after sub-routines.
• Done the Unit testing, System Integration testing for all the jobs.
• Did code migration from development to testing environment.
• Did all the design and approval documentations for projects.
• Involved in code and Job reviews before delivery.
• Deployed the code in production and provided job support. Environment: DataStage 9.1 , TOAD, DB2, Teradata, SQL Assistant, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Autosys, SVN ,notepad++, WinScp, Metadata Workbench.
- DataStage Developer at Bank Of America
- DataStage Developer at Advance Auto Parts
- DataStage Consultant at Grange Insurance
- ETL Developer at Michigan Bell Telephone Co
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Involved as primary on-site ETL Developer during the analysis, planning, design, development, and implementation
• Created DataStage jobs using different stages like Transformer, Aggregator, Sort, Join, Merge, Lookup, Data Set, Funnel, Remove Duplicates, Copy, Modify, Filter, Change Data Capture, Change Apply, Sample, Surrogate Key, Column Generator, Row Generator, Etc.
• Extracted data from source systems transformed and loaded into Oracle database according to the required provision.
• Extensively used Flat File Stage, Hashed File Stage. DB2 UDB Stage, FTP Plug-in Stage and Aggregator Stage during ETL development.
• Used DataStage Director to Run and Monitor the jobs performed, automation of Job Control using Batch logic to execute and schedule various DataStage jobs.
• Documented the Data Warehouse development process and performed knowledge transfer to Business Intelligence Developer.
• Performed performance tuning of the jobs by interpreting performance statistics of the jobs developed.
• Scheduled DataStage job using Autosys scheduling tool. Environment: IBM DataStage 11.5, Oracle 10, DB2, SQL Server 2005, Flat Files, UNIX scripting, Windows 2007, and Autosys, Profile stage
- Sr. DataStage Developer at Tracfone Wireless
- Sr. DataStage Developer at Capital One
- Sr. DataStage Developer at Cigna
- DataStage Developer at T Mobile
2 years at this Job
The project scope was to develop Data warehouse to implement a centralized database that collects, organizes and stores data from different operational data sources to provide a single source of integrated data
• Involved in gathering business requirements for existing jobs and for the new development processes.
• Actively interacted with data modeler in developing data mart design with Facts and Dimension tables for data warehouse.
• Created jobs using Datastage designer to import data from heterogeneous sources like Db2, Oracle, Flat files and SQL server.
• Used technical specifications and business rules for transforming the extracted data.
• Worked with Datastage Manager for importing and exporting table definitions/metadata and routines between Datastage projects.
• Extensively created user defined routines in addition to the Datastage in-built routines and transforms to handle various special and complicated data manipulations.
• Performed source data analysis and data cleansing.
• Involved in performance tuning of the Datastage jobs.
• Created ELT jobs using UNIX scripts and standard re-usable pearl scripts.
• Used Datastage Director to schedule, monitor and run jobs.
• Used Administrator for creating Datastage projects and setting up purging criteria.
• Involved in unit testing, system and integration testing.
• Modified UNIX shell scripts for file validations and job scheduling.
• Created detailed technical documentation for the jobs developed. Environment: IBM InfoSphere DataStage 11.3, SQL Microsoft Visio, Teradata, SQL serever, CRON and UNIX Shell Scripting, XML, Perl, Power Designer.
- Sr. DataStage Developer at U.S Bank
- Sr. DataStage Developer at L&T infotech
- Datastage Developer at Etisbew Technology Group inc. Hyd
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MS in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Worked developing, testing and debugging ETL Programs and resolve ETL job issues.
• Experienced with DataStage 11.5
• DataStage team leader (6 developers).
• Proficiency in coding moderate to complex SQL logic as part of data extraction processes.
• Experienced coding in Oracle 12 (tables, store procedures, etc.)
• Experience with shell scripting.
• Working in the Healthcare industry for TMSIS 2.1 project
• Training IT team in DataStage 11.5
• Technical documentation for ETL projects (data mapping, TKD, etc.)
- Sr. DataStage Developer at DXC Technology
- Cognos Architect & Developer at Claro Puerto Rico
- Cognos Architect & Developer at EMPRESAS ADOC
- Cognos Consultant (Short-term Project) at Claro PR
9 months at this Job
- Some college
Macys.com is an online shopping portal of Macy's Inc. It is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 800 department store locations in 46 states. In addition, it operates major catalog and internet operations for Bloomingdale's and Macy's. As with every shopping portal it also has a huge data warehouse as their backbone. It has data integrated from all the transactions in store through POS terminals, online along with marketing, customer related data. Various reporting tools are used to generate reports and to get decision making information from the existing vast data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Development of ETL jobs in Datastage designer to integrate the marketing data from various sources into data warehouse.
• Worked in Datastage modules of the projects related to Retail Transaction Data processing, Sales Marketing Analysis and Reporting.
• Migration of Datastage Jobs from 8.5 to 11.3.
• Enhancement of existing jobs for Bug fix and going through the Change Management Process for Deployment.
• Interaction with System analysts, managers, business team to understand their requirements during Plan and define phase of the project.
• Developing UNIX shell scripts to trigger the Datastage jobs which are scheduled in Control-M scheduler.
• Used XML stages to consume and publish XML to MQ.
• Managing multiple projects and driving the projects in parallel from development phase to deployment.
• Preparation of deployment documentation to handover to support team for production support.
• Following the release engineering process using JIRA tool and preparing the necessary documents to move the code into production.
• Co-ordination with deployment team to deploy code in production.
• Supporting QE team for Quality testing and UAT end-to-end testing of new code.
• Monitoring the code in production during the initial warranty support of the developed code.
• Using Version One tool for Agile software development cycle.
• Incident Management of Production tickets/incidents & Release engineering is achieved through using Service Now tool. Environment: IBM Datastage 11.3/8.5, Unix Shell Scripting, IBM DB2, Control-M, Jira, Version One, Service Now.
- Senior Datastage Developer at Macys.com
- Senior ETL/SAP Business Objects Developer at Silicon Valley Bank
- Senior ETL/Datastage Developer at General Motors LLC
- Production Support Engineer / Application SME at General Motors LLC
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Information Technology Engineering
The current project, CDW, is a Unified Data Warehouse project which is a multiyear program designed to implement a single, consolidated analytics environment and database to create foundation for delivering world-class business intelligence to all Cigna segments.
• Worked with Data Architects and Business Analysts to clarify the ambiguous requirements/source to target mappings.
• Identified the sources as per the mapping document and analyzed the source data for better development of the code.
• Used the DataStage Designer to import table definitions, develop processes for extracting, cleansing, integrating, transforming and loading data into data warehouse and data marts.
• Designed the DataStage Parallel Jobs using different stages to load data from sources to Operational staging area and then to target Data warehouse/Data marts as per the Business Requirements Document.
• Extensively used different DataStage Stages like Database, Debug (Peek, Row Generator and Column Generator), File (Sequential File and Dataset) and Processing Stages (Copy, Change Capture, Aggregator, Surrogate Key Generator, Transformer, Lookup, Join, Sorter, Remove Duplicates, Pivot Enterprise and Funnel).
• Reduced the development effort by using the RCP (Run-time Column Propagation) option to load/unload the Staging, EDW and Mart tables.
• Effectively used the DataStage transformer stage looping feature for developing the smaller jobs.
• Performed impact analysis on the metadata changes using DataStage metadata repository for better development.
• Tuned DataStage jobs to enhance their performance.
• Automated the DataStage project import and export process using client command istool apart from manual import/export using Designer.
• Used DataStage Multiple Job compile option to compile the jobs at project level.
• Built utility jobs using UNIX shell scripts to clean the prior run files/temp files, setting up the new UNIX directory Structure, archiving the files, back-up the DataStage projects and data management/validation.
• Wrote SQL scripts on Stage, EDW and Data Mart Tables to validate the data results by counting the number of rows, checking for the NULL values, Data Truncation/rounding and comparing after resolving the ID columns.
• Imported and exported the environment variables using DataStage Administrator across the environments.
• Created job sequences for each dimension as well as fact. Also created a performance efficient Master Sequence to call dimensions and facts in correct order.
• Used the DataStage Director and helped with TWS to schedule the jobs and sequences.
• Supported the production migrated DataStage jobs for issues.
• Prepared the Test Case, Test Scripts and Test results documentation for the code migrations.
• Attending the team meetings for status updates and ability to prioritize as per the urgency.
• Involved in Unit, Integration, System and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Documentation is done as to facilitate the personnel to understand the load process and incorporate the changes as and when necessary. Environment: IBM InfoSphere DataStage 8.5.x EE (Parallel Extender, Designer, Director, Administrator), Oracle, Sequential Files (Fixed Width and Delimited), SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts, Toad, IBM TWS, Linux, Windows.
- ETL/DataStage Developer at Cigna
- ETL/DataStage Developer at Siemens
- ETL Developer at Finance Transform Program (FTP) - HSBC GLT
- ETL Developer at Finance Transform Program (FTP) - HSBC GLT
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science