Company Name: CCC Information services Inc, IL
• Lead and developed high-performing Oracle and SQL DBA team.
• Collaborated with the IT Infrastructure team, the IT Planning & Execution team, Oracle and third-Party Vendors, and other Business Groups in the development for project deliverables.
• Developed and executed an appropriate delivery team model (e.g., resources, skills, process management) to meet current and projected needs/constraints.
• Participated in the development and maintenance of an Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c as it related to the Oracle databases for graphical user interface.
• Ensured Oracle Application DBA team delivers on-time, on-budget, and high-quality.
• Developed an effective resource planning process for the Oracle and SQL DBA team; providing headcount planning.
• Developed and implemented a strong Oracle DBA techniques and effective methodologies.
• Participated in the maintenance of the various Oracle instances.
• Built strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Managed, and resolved Oracle SR's support system.
• Responsible for providing backend support for the development, testing and Production environments for Oracle and SQL databases as well as other new projects.
• Managed the deployments for Coding, Cloning, Refreshing, Patching, Backups, and Purges.
• Implemented RMAN for Cold and Hot backups and Recovery including Point in time recovery.
• FRA and Flashback Technology were implemented. Implemented Data Guard for backups.
• Security and Privacy of database: - Audit.
• Applied CPU patches.
• Managed Disaster recovery exercises.
• Implemented Oracle GoldenGate replication project on production databases for DR and replication purposes.
• Introduced advanced queuing in oracle 11g for the performance enhancement.
• Installed 11g Oracle Software Release 2 on their UNIX and Windows platforms.
• Extensive experience in the architecture of Data warehouse, VLDB (over 20 TB), OLTP, DSS and OLAP. Implemented ETL tools informatics and Ascential.
• Experienced in Oracle versions from Oracle 11G\10g\9i\8i.
• Implemented the ticketing system to support Database system 24 by 7 and track the activities for Pro-active approach solutions.
• Defined the Cost saving structured Shared-Service Model for the operational DBA team servicing multiple projects.
• Defined Outsource model across continents for rapid DB service requests.
• Managed team of DBA's (infra structure) on site and off site spread across the globe. DBA categorized of Administration, Application, Operation, Production, Change Management, NOC, On-call support and performance optimization.
• High Availability: Implemented Data Guard (physical) for maximum protection, performance and availability.
• Involved in vital planning for infrastructure setup.
• Managed Rackspace database environment.
• Scheduled crontabs to automate jobs as required.
• Managed 12c OEM migration project.
• Managed on-call rotation for DBAs.
• Planned and built 8 nodes RAC cluster on Exadata servers.
• Built excellent communication skills and customer relation.
- Senior DBA Manager at CCC Information services Inc
- Senior Oracle Database Administrator at Cloned Databases
- Senior Oracle DBA at Samsung
- Oracle DBA at Samsung
6 years at this Job
- Masters - Management
• Architecting, implementing, monitoring, performance tuning, ensuring HIPAA compliance and ongoing support for 2000+ databases on 200+ SQL instances including 20+ new servers this past year alone
• Interviewing candidates for entry-level and mid-level positions, assisting with budgeting for capital assets and justifications for software licensing and renewal
• Collaborating with vendors to troubleshoot common performance bottlenecks, from poorly structured queries, referential integrity issues to hardware/infrastructure issues thus increasing customer satisfaction
• Automating data transfers in and out of our new Epic EMR to 3rd party vendors and customers as required by the vendor and federal government for compliance while maintaining strict security measures to protect PHI
• Attached to a core team assigned to review RFP's for a new DR/HA backup system from 3rd party vendor, allowing for standardized backups and better developed Service Level Agreements with customers
• Managing all SQL DBA personnel including 24 hour On-Call rotation cycle for all Clinical/Critical SQL Servers
• Designing new release management, script checking and database modeling standards for Application Development rollouts to drastically reduce the need for subsequent hot-fixes
- Senior DBA Manager at UConn Health
- Database Administrator 3 at
- Database Administrator 2 at
- Database Administrator 1 at
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. in Computer Science - Computer Science
Worked as a technical lead and managing teams which involves immense direct interaction with client for handling successful delivery operations and guiding and supporting various DBA teams with differing technologies. Provided Oracle L3 DBA support for multiple large databases in critical production, development and test environments for various types of databases - OLTP and Data warehouse. Sizes of databases varied from 200 GB to 100 TB. The projects using these databases are for JDE, web development and maintenance of Client-Server OLTP systems for business applications and for data warehouse application.. Worked on Exadata machines which included Half Rack and Full Rack and Migrated 50+ databases to Exadata without major downtime that has impact on business. Performed Oracle 12c/11g RAC/GI, ASM and database installation and deployment in over 30+ environments; performed RAC/database patching and upgrade regularly. Implemented Oracle physical standby database infrastructure, including Data Guard as well as Streams replication for numerous Oracle applications, providing another layer of stability and availability to customer, in additional to Oracle RAC. Designed and implemented database backup and recovery strategy for numerous database applications, utilizing Oracle RMAN and enterprise NetBackup. Successfully restored and recovered multiple corrupted enterprise Oracle databases (due to hardware failure, incorrect user data manipulation or bad data loading) with 0 data loss. Performed Oracle database performance tuning on numerous company Crisis Management calls, working with dev team in quickly identifying the issue and implement root cause fix or workaround to minimize application down time. Wrote and implemented numerous Unix shell scripts and SQL scripts to proactively monitor Oracle database health. The scripts will page or email the team, depending on severity, to alert for critical database events. This proactive monitoring helped the team to find out and correct database issues before they became visible to application and customers. Attended requirements gathering sessions in new application design or migration projects. Recommended appropriate Oracle high availability and high stability configuration to customers based on their business needs and budget. Attended requirements gathering sessions in new application design or migration projects. Recommended appropriate Oracle high availability and high stability configuration to customers based on their business requirement. Guide DBAs to/how to resolve all production issues as well as to define direction of monitoring. Environment: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, RAC, ASM, Data Guard, Streams, GoldenGate, OEM11g/12c, MySQL 5.x, RMAN, BCP Backups, IBM AIX, Linux and Windows.
- Sr Oracle DBA, Exadata DBA, Team Lead and DBA Manager at Cognizant Technology Solutions, NJ
- Senior Oracle DBA at IBM India Pvt Ltd
- UNIX & Windows System Engineer at IBM India Pvt Ltd
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Computer Science and Information Technology
• Efficiently manage a team of database administrators and data warehouse developers while still remaining extremely hands on in all aspects of database administration and development.
• Successfully led a project to migrate SQL Server from European Data Center to Atlanta based Data Center at Peak10.
• Adeptly worked with software methodologies such as Agile, Scrum sprint iteration utilizing JIRA
• Involved in troubleshooting and fine tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
• Installed and administered Eight-Node cluster Active/Passive on Microsoft Windows server Enterprise Edition on SAN environment.
• Implemented a business intelligence (data warehouse) project, allowing data analysts in the corporate office to analyze and report on data in a fashion never provided to them in the past.
- Business Intelligence and DBA Manager at MFG.COM
- ETL and Data Architect at AvisionTech
- Senior BI Report Developer and Data Integration Specialist at Fleetcor
- ETL and Data Architect at GoodCents
5 years, 9 months at this Job
merged to be AXA XL), Atlanta, GA (06/2011 to 9/2018). Leading internal and offshore software development teams, managing DBA team, managing SharePoint development and support teams. Managing Dev Ops and the complete application life cycle of over 25 applications and services. Guidewire Lead Technologist. Promoted to Technical Architect for Infosphere MDM, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Salesforce CRM applications. ⚫ Architected and Developed several ETL solutions in SQL Server using SSIS and Scribe. ⚫ Reviewing requirements to architect solutions and formulate sprints using SCRUM ⚫ TFS Administrator, upgraded TFS 2008 to 2010, 2010 to 2012, and 2012 to 2013 Update 5. ⚫ Managing DBA team. ⚫ Managing SharePoint team. ⚫ Managing offshore development team. ⚫ Leading daily Scrum meetings. ⚫ Development lead for application development activities. ⚫ Led conversion and installation of several custom applications to a new hosting provider service. ⚫ Led security fixes and developed fixes for a custom single sign on solution. ⚫ Led efforts to upgrade several applications from the .net 2.0 framework to 4.0/4.5 framework. ⚫ Led team to standardize all applications to one branching and versioning format. ⚫ Created profiles and documentation off all applications for ongoing management and maintenance. ⚫ Led a team of developers to create a standard integration system to ETL external broker data to the company's internal system. Completed on time and on budget. ⚫ Conducted code reviews. ⚫ Managed support tickets reducing the outstanding tickets from over 100 to nearly 0. ⚫ Interviewed and hired several key personal. Sr. Lead Software Engineer and Technical Architect Resume ⚫ Worked routinely with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Infrastructure, upper management, business personal, external customers, internal customers, overseas divisions, Data Services, ESB teams, and others to meet the business objectives.
- Sr. Lead Software Engineer/Application Manager/DBA Manager/Lead at XL Catlin Insurance
- Sr. Lead Software Engineer at Primedia/Consumer Source
- Sr. Software Engineer, Consultant at PRG Schultz
- Sr. Software Engineer, Consultant at DHR Child Services
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business
Oracle Financials Application and Oracle Databases for Healthcare
Project Description: The Java based Medicare system processes the claims of the STATE employees which uses large oracle database to store the medical claims. This data has been processed through oracle Financials and Siebel for different functionalities and finally archived on to a Data warehouse system.
• Migration of EBS applications 12.2.3 and Database 184.108.40.206 from legacy to Supercluster on T5/8 and T7/8 Full and Half RAC
• Install and configure databases on Exadata X3/2 for data warehouse applications
• Upgrade of 2 EBS applications projects from 220.127.116.11 to 12.2.4 & 12.2.3
• Configure and maintain Oracle DR for Core, Oracle EBS financial application.
• Installation and configuration of latest Oracle E-Business 12.2.4 application on Solaris.
• Installation and Administration of Core and Siebel databases.
• Install and configure Oracle OEM 11g/12C
• Apply Patches in testing/development/production environment having multiple application tiers
• Manage Rman backups for multiple databases with NetBackup and TSM agents.
• Upgrade databases of different versions
• Clone E-Business application and databases
• Refresh Downstream Oracle Core databases with Expdp Utilities
• Monitoring database and applications
• Performance tuning application and databases and bug fixing.
• Managing E-Business application and databases
• Upgrade E-Business applications
• Managing Internal, CRM and Standard Concurrent managers, Concurrent requests/Concurrent programs.
• Conduct Yearly DR test(Oracle Data guard and SRDF) for all production databases
• Yearly Requirements and Capacity planning for SAN and Refresh of Servers
• Manage and Guide the dbas on different tasks on E-Business, Siebel, Core and Data warehouse databases.
• Configured SSO with OAM and OID
• Recruitment and Appraisal of dbas
• Manage 24*7 production maintenance Environment: Databases: 9i, 10g/11g/12c Oracle applications: 11.5.9/18.104.22.168 /12.1.3/22.214.171.124.2.4 OS: Linux, Solaris, Exadata X3/2, Supercluster T5/8
- Oracle Dba Manager/ Oracle Apps Dba Manager / Sr Oracle EBS Dba Consultant at CNSI
- DBA Consultant at
- Team Lead for Oracle Apps DBA at GE - GLM COMFIN
- Sr. Oracle Apps DBA - Oracle CRM, HRM and Financials at IBM
11 years, 4 months at this Job
Aqua provides water and wastewater services to approximately 3 million people in 8 states and continues to grow its operations through acquisitions.
• Oversaw development and maintenance of the Financial Databases Infrastructure.
• Managed Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Server Databases, and Financial systems including Lawson, PowerPlan, Hyperion, XRT, MHC, and ImageNow.
• Orchestrated database migration from Oracle 11g to SQL Server.
• Managed Oracle 11g/12c Banner and Avaya Telephone databases system.
• Cloned several Oracle databases from Production to Development and Testing environment.
• Implemented Oracle 12c databases on multiple Red Hat Linux platforms.
• Supported in a Banner month-end process and refresh several banner databases.
• Coordinated data migration from Oracle 11g to 12c and rewriting backup and restore shell scripts.
• Headed reconstruction the file system of all databases instances according to OFA (Oracle Flexible Architecture) standards in the UNIX platform environment.
• Trained in disaster recovery testing for Financial and Banner production databases.
• Configured RMAN, RMANDDB and Cold backup in AIX and Red Hat environments for the Disaster Recovery.
• Managed and supported Power Plan application system.
• Create Oracle database for multiusers environment and maintained database security.
• Performance tuning of Oracle database using SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, UTLESTAT, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, Distribution of disk I/O, Sizing of tables and indexes.
• Controlled Configuration, troubleshooting and managing of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud 12c.
• Redesigned expdp/impdp centralized shell script of all production and development databases.
• Oversaw Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle 11g client on servers and client machines for ODBC connections.
• Apply PSU Patches and interim patches to make the Oracle database up to date.
• Monitor daily Database backups, restores and usage space in several development and production environments.
• Experience in managing Oracle GoldenGate installation, configuration and troubleshooting GG issues.
• Involved in query optimization using EXPLAIN PLAN and Performance diagnostic using tools like SQL Trace and TKPROF.
• Troubleshooting the performance and multiple ORA error issues in several systems.
• Facilitated collaborations with vendors during upgrade and new patch release.
• Developed scripts to proactively monitor and databases and alter the DBA on events such as running out of extents, disk space and actively involved in shell scripting for various CORN jobs to run.
• Configured SSO (Single Sign On) for PowerPlan application users.
• Closely worked with senior Management, System Admin, Senior DBAs, for various projects.
• Constructed knowledgebase and resolution documents for DBA team members.
• Provided database and application support on weekends and holidays when necessary. Environment: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, AIX 5.3/6.1, OEM Cloud Control 12c, Amazon AWS RDS, Windows Sever 2003 SE, Toad SQL Developer, CA Service Desk Manager, Oracle GoldenGate, Visio, Red Hat Linux, SQL Server, Lawson, Banner, PowerPlan, Hyperion, XRT, MHC and ImageNow.
- Financial Oracle DBA /Interim DBA Manager at AQUA America
- Lead Database Administrator at Unitek Global Services
- Database Administrator at Global Wireless Solutions Inc
- Database Administrator/ Oracle Developer at Verizon
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information System - Database Management & Minor
Working as a Contractor for U.S Security Exchange Commission (SEC) at Washington DC. Duties Performed :-
• Creating Single/Multi-tenant Container databases under Oracle RAC environment.
• Monitor databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (OEM) 13c.
• Implemented Oracle Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) to encrypt tables and tablespace that contains PII data.
• Configured and implemented Oracle Goldengate unidirectional replication.
• Configure Oracle Goldengate for downward stream
• Providing support related to database administration(O&M) through Service now ticket system. The task includes but not limited to Creating Users and Changing password, granting roles, privileges, creating encrypted tablespaces etc
• Monitor database audit log to verify any unauthorized database access
• Weekly monitoring and deleting database archive logs/FRA space.
• Daily monitor Goldengate replication and take necessary actions.
• Refresh lower database environment such as stage, UAT from production
• Monitoring and administering ASM, adding disks to disk groups etc
• Configured Data guard environment using RMAN duplicate for Oracle 12c container databases.
• Setup Data guard broker and monitor databases using data guard broker.
• Rebuilding Data guard using RMAN incremental backups.
• Providing Off-hours Support to the production environments (On-Call DBA rotation).
- Oracle DBA at VariQ
- Sr Oracle DBA at SAIC
- Information Technology Specialist - NTE (2yrs) at Library of Congress (Federal)
- Oracle DBA at TetraTech
4 months at this Job
9. DBA Resume
support for all DB2 LUW related tasks for a project to re-architect the storing and distributing of stock information.
* Managing 7 DB2 LUW test environments
* Design and implement multiple new database objects that include tables, constraints, triggers, etc
* Design and implement multiple database triggers to keep legacy tables in sync with newly-designed
tables to provide for a gradual release
* Maintain test data by enhancing an automated refresh process, Q Replication, and triggers.
* Trouble-shooting and performance tuning
* Responsible for all production implantation of new and changed database objects
• Migration of DB2 z/OS to DB2 LUW on AIX January, 2011 - September, 2012 o Played a major role in migrating our DB2 z/OS databases to DB2 LUW 9.7 and retiring our mainframe environment. Tasks included * Design and development of a process that ensured objects stayed in sync between DB2 z/OS and DB2 LUW from development thru production throughout the migration process. * Design and development of an automated Runstats and Reorg process for DB2 LUW tables and indexes
- DBA at American Century Investments
- DB2 LUW Database Administrator, Advisor at American Century Investments
- at American Century Investments
- Oracle Database Administrator at American Century Investments
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
➢ Develop documentation templates that plan out migration from SQL Server and Sybase databases to MongoDB.
➢ Support quarterly releases from Sybase to MongoDB, and develop high availability strategies using tools like OPS Manager.
➢ Train and mentor Sybase, and SQL Server DBAs on MongoDB technologies that include classroom style lectures, and demonstrations.
➢ Implement high level encryption security that enabled TLS communication, and Encryption at rest with KMIP servers.
➢ Integrate LDAP servers with MongoDB for single sign-on use.
➢ Create x509 certificates to use for client authentication as well as replicaSet authentication.
➢ Performance tuning of various aggregation pipelines within MongoDB.
➢ Automation of MongoDB server provisioning via OPS Manager, Ansible and Puppet.
- MongoDB DBA at MongoDB clusters with Data Architects
- Database Analyst 5/Team Lead at Wells Fargo Bank
- Contractor through Tekpartners at Citrix Software
- Pre-Sales Engineer / Sr. Oracle DBA at AppWorx Corporation
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Technology