As a Decision Support Analyst, for Portfolio Analytics, handled more complex query, complex projects, and larger portfolio of clients, and workflow optimization. Key Achievements:
• workflow optimization (Largest client receives a daily file that provided daily data information. With a team help build the file and improve performance. Maintaining this relationship is crucial with providing additional business.)
• Created complex reports writing complex SQL including Recursive Subquery factoring using WITH statements, Partition, Ranking, Complex Joins, Cursors, Triggers, Stored Procedures etc.
• Extensive knowledge of SQL, query optimization, dashboard creation, data visualization.
• Maintain relationship with clients and coordinated with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs
• Help mentor teammates with reports and projects.
- Senior Decision Support Analyst at Select Portfolio Servicing
- Data Analyst I, Data Analyst II, Analyst Trainee at Portfolio Analytics
- Foreclosure Rep at
- at SSRS
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Management - Business Management
As a Decision Support Analyst at Jackson Health Systems was quite vast. I was able to work on some large-scale projects for the hospital at the time. I saw my position as a link between the IT team on the database side and the analyst team on the business side. Because of my training I had an extensive Microsoft Administration background so I was responsible for translating business ideas into technical terms so ideas could move forward. I worked with Revenue Cycle, Process Improvement, Infections Control, Finance and Clinical Operations to build dashboards and reports. Analytic Contributions:
• Productivity (Overtime Management) - Measuring productivity and overtime can be a very daunting task for organizations and especially floor managers. Our team was assigned a project to convert an Excel based report to a Tableau so it could become real-time and interactive for nurse managers to make decisions. I knew very little about how to measure productivity when asked to aide in the project but by the end of the project I had build a truly immersive Tableau experience and fully understand how to help an organization track both productive and non-productive time of employees.
• Infection Control - Hospital Acquired Infections are a major concern for the healthcare system when it comes to patient safety. I was asked to work with the Infections Control department to recreate an existing scorecard that was not computing properly and did give a high confidence to users due to how the data was managed. I was able to build a table for them and use it as the central data source then build the visualization in Tableau with navigation. I was eventually able to take my experience from this project and help another local hospital build a Sepsis prediction model for the TICU. The project was a capstone project for school and the hospital was looking for new approaches to predict which patients would have the highest risk of Sepsis. I was able to not only build a model, but the code was created efficiently enough that the hospital has the capabilities of integrating it into patient monitoring.
• Phillips Vital Monitoring - As the healthcare industry continues to advance in many areas, we get opportunities to be on the cutting edge of new equipment. During my time at Jackson I was able to be the project manager of a new dashboard project that monitor how new vital monitors improved hospital operations. This included everything from staffing to staff satisfaction. The first thing I did was meet with the Nurse Managers to see exactly what value we could provide for them in this dashboard which was requested by the CEO. I really wanted to make sure both sides captured things that would help improve healthcare and patient satisfaction long term.
- Decision Support Analyst (Finance) at Jackson Health Systems
- Business Support Analyst at ABC Imaging
- at FedEx Office - Retail Operations Management
7 months at this Job
- B.A - Data Analytics
- A.A - Business Intelligence
• Construct SQL queries to pull information from company database and create business intelligence reports for the finance and data analytics department
• Build SAS programs to optimize future query pulls for other Decision Support Analyst.
• Supporting the Value Based Initiative team who help build infrastructure for Quality based healthcare contracts with healthcare providers
• Worked closely with the strategic analytics department to research different economic trends in the regional healthcare industry
• Use R to create data visualizations for monthly membership enrollment and spending habits
- Decision Support Analyst at Gateway Health
- Data Science Intern at Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
- Research Data Assistant at Esentier Group
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Statistics
- High school
Phoenix, Arizona 2009-Present
Not-for-Profit Magnet-designated community healthcare system. Managerial Finance - Decision Support Analyst
Responsibilities include developing business plan financials for proposed hospital programs and physical expansions. Performing financial look back analysis on previous large capital expenditures and compare to original plans. Analyze profit and loss trends for all hospital inpatient service lines and outpatient product groups. Support all phases of the annual operating budget from origination to board presentation. Key Accomplishment:
• Developed a complete seven year financial pro forma for a planned $18M Freestanding Emergency Department and Outpatient Imaging Center now open in North Phoenix. Analysis included detailed operating plans for all service areas, facility income statement, capital plan and ROI calculations.
- Managerial Finance - Decision Support Analyst at JOHN C. LINCOLN HEALTH NETWORK
- Decision Support/Financial Analyst, Corporate Operations at SCOTTSDALE HEALTHCARE, Corp
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
• Directly reports to Human Resource Officer working closely with leadership as decision support analyst involving critical thinking and strategic planning to optimize the workflow and financial aspects related to employees and various procedures.
• Mines large datasets and draws valid inferences. Creates meaningful interpretation of data using various tools, industry experience and interaction analytics to frame situations. Successfully presents information, using various reporting tools to the HR team, executive team and hospital shareholders to support meaningful dialogue and data-based decision making.
• Designed a fluid forecasting tool utilizing current and historical labor data to enhance forecasting accuracy and improve workforce decision making and reduce overall labor costs.
• Conducts analysis and prepares data regarding internal salary indicators. Recommends and implements changes. Reviews and analyzes annual market compensation data and makes recommendations to support inner hospital equity and avoid compression issues.
• Utilizes PeopleSoft queries and refines raw data making information accountable for HR professionals and leaders. Compiles monthly data in support of leadership development.
• Provides an array of analysis for all levels of management specific to requests and data availability.
• Offers support and develops workforce forecasting models for additional Texas Health HR shops, Behavioral Health and Texas Health Physicians Group.
• Creates and develops various instructional videos for training purposes utilizing video software.
• Serve as administrator for HR intranet SharePoint site. Maintains site, post monthly intelligence and looks for opportunities to enrich the service to client groups.
• Provides basic tech and program software support.
• Various projects as assigned.
• Guides and trains other team members on utilization and functionality of various reports.
- HR Generalist/Decision Support Analyst at Texas Health Resources - Texas Health Fort Worth
- at Texas Health Resources - Texas Health Fort Worth
- HR Representative at Texas Health Resources - Texas Health Fort Worth
- Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to Director of Missions at LIFE Outreach, First Baptist Church of WF
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Quantitative Methods Course through Harvard Business
• Provide data analysis including Readmission Rate, ALOS, Volume by MD and complications as well as various ad hoc requests.
• Manages large and complex data extraction by developing queries in various tools (Trendstar, Reporting Workbench, Slicer Dicer, SAP Business Objects) to enable analysis and reporting.
• Maintain system wide Medication Reconciliation Dashboard/Scorecard and Order Set Review for trending.
• Provide analytical expertise including research, accurate interpretation, documentation, and training for Decision Support products.
• Design, develop and implement the analytical workflows to meet project objectives.
• Streamline the project delivery process in a continuous improvement manner.
• Facilitate robust and transparent analytical processes and provide management with accurate, timely, and relevant information for decision-making.
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Management/Decision Support Analyst at Rady Children's Hospital
- Sr. PMO/Sr. Quality Analyst at Scripps Health
- Supervisor Decision Support at Scripps Health
- Decision Support Specialist at United Regional Health Care System
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Data Science
- Bachelor of Science - Information Systems
Analyze construction costs vs Business Service contracts to ensure contract obligation covers costs per company set guidelines. This position gave me experience with finance guidelines and Excel spread sheets along with Salesforce CRM, Construction survey maps and estimates. Verified data integrity and accuracy. Responded to customer requests via telephone and email. Worked directly with Decision Support Finance Department, Construction and Survey Departments, Sales Department and Sales Management to achieve best sale for cost coverage. Copied, logged and scanned supporting documentation into Salesforce CRM Performed initial client assessment and analysis to begin research process. Initiated two key partnerships which resulted in revenue growth.
- Decision Support Analyst III at Spectrum Enterprises LLC
- Market Development Analyst at Time Warner Cable Business Class
- Inbound Sales Team Manager at Time Warner Cable Business Class
- Inbound Sales Team Supervisor at Time Warner Cable Business Class
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
-Implementation of Strata (Patient Data, Cost Accounting and Reporting) - Maintains processes expenses, revenues and volumes in EPSi (Cost Account System). - Reconciliations and audits to ensure data integrity with Decision support systems as needed. - Analysis as request in a timely and accurate fashion utilizing software (i.e. EPSi, Excel, Monarch, Etc.) - Helping with the implementation of the new system Strata for Cost Accounting, Patient Data and Reporting - Performed other responsibilities and projects as justified by the needs of the hospital operations such as ad-hoc reports, feasibility studies, trend analyses and special projects. - Provided standardized monthly reporting and additional information development services to support Finance team and departments. - Maintained and reconciled system standards and allocation structures taking into consideration the appropriate costing methodology that best fit the needs of the customer and their expectations. - Prepare and distributed Physician monthly report to Business dev. The reports include Inpatient Admissions, Inpatients consultants, and Outpatient visits. - Prepare and distributed FDS Financial monthly reports to Finance team and departments
- Decision Support Analyst at Support Centers
- Financial Analyst, Advocate Home Health Services at Hospice and Home Health Services
- Financial Analyst, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital at
- Staff Accountant at Dreyer Medical Clinic
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
• Acting Director of Clinic Operations for Swedish Heart & Vascular Institute
• Implemented a monthly dashboard that provides administrative leadership with key performance indicators meant to guide valued decision making
• Serve on the Heart & Vascular Institute Strategic Planning team
• Provide financial and strategic analysis and assist in decision making based on supplies, physician hires, practice acquisitions, capital investment, practice improvement and other key strategic decisions
• Evaluate opportunities to improve financial performance at the corporate, regional and clinic level
• Translate clinical and financial data analyses into non-financial terms for operations management and serve as the finance liaison to key internal stakeholders
• Develop a business case for large capital projects within service lines
- Decision Support Analyst at Swedish Health Services
- Director of Clinical Services (Director of Nursing) at Brookdale Senior Living
- Assistant Director of Clinical Services at Brookdale Senior Living
- Interim Director of Clinical Services at Brookdale Senior Living
8 months at this Job
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
• Provide analytical leadership to all departments of Center Care.
• Fabricate Excel and Access dashboards used as decisions support tools for executives to make performance improvements in areas such as discounting rates, provider performance and quality improvement.
• Prepare profitability reports and scenario analysis relative to cost and utilization trends.
• Perform analysis and trends to support continual business development.
• Create Geo and Access analysis reports to enhance the sales department's ability to provide factual data to potential clients.
• Conduct detailed data analysis for transmission of information between payer and provider relations.
• Perform schedule maintenance on fee schedules and provider reimbursement methodologies.
• Track lag and led measurements on various departments to implement six sigma quality methods to continually monitor how controlled Center Care processes remain.
• Increase efficiency and productivity be implementing processes to eliminate time consuming, manual, and redundant task.
- Decision Support Analyst at Center Care
- Customer Service Departments at Fruit of the Loom
- Administrator in Training (AIT) & Bookkeeper at Fruit of the Loom
- Mental Health Associate (MHA) at Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Healthcare Administration