A healthcare decision support analyst tasked is examining and interpreting large sets of medical data in order to help organize and develop strategies for healthcare delivery and for maintaining a successful business in the case management department. Collect data gathering, data storage and methods of data sharing for monthly meeting, transcribe minutes, perform audits, review pre-cert request for Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield. While demonstrating effective communication skills, greet patients, visitors, physicians in a courteous and pleasant manner, answer all phone lines and route messages to the appropriate staff. Assist the Case Manager with any other appropriate duties.
- Decision Support Analyst at Forrest General Hospital
- Administrative Assistant at International Paper-Contract
- Financial Analyst/Patient Accounts Representative at Forrest General/ Marion General Hospital
- Data Entry Specialist/ 911 Communication at Walthall County Sheriff Departments
1 month at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
- High school or equivalent - Diploma
Phoenix, Arizona 2009-Present
Not-for-Profit Magnet-designated community healthcare system. Managerial Finance - Decision Support Analyst
Responsibilities include developing business plan financials for proposed hospital programs and physical expansions. Performing financial look back analysis on previous large capital expenditures and compare to original plans. Analyze profit and loss trends for all hospital inpatient service lines and outpatient product groups. Support all phases of the annual operating budget from origination to board presentation. Key Accomplishment:
• Developed a complete seven year financial pro forma for a planned $18M Freestanding Emergency Department and Outpatient Imaging Center now open in North Phoenix. Analysis included detailed operating plans for all service areas, facility income statement, capital plan and ROI calculations.
- Managerial Finance - Decision Support Analyst at JOHN C. LINCOLN HEALTH NETWORK
- Decision Support/Financial Analyst, Corporate Operations at SCOTTSDALE HEALTHCARE, Corp
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
Decision Support Center Specialist.
Decision Support Center Specialist.
- Decision Support Analyst at RedCo Group/Pathways
- Server at Sedexo
- Grocery Stocker at Giant Food
8 months at this Job
- Diploma - High School
Served as a bridge between clinical workflows and the clinical data required to meet organizational quality initiatives and operations objectives. Developed and maintained streamlined, user-friendly decision support tools within the EHR to support both optimal care delivery and efficient data storage and analysis. Performed ongoing analysis of clinical data trends to identify care gaps within patient populations, and communicate findings to various audiences. Served as a clinical resource within the Sonar Analytics team and provided training and support to varied clinical end users.
Served as a bridge between clinical workflows and the clinical data required to meet organizational quality initiatives and operations objectives. Developed and maintained streamlined, user-friendly decision support tools within the EHR to support both optimal care delivery and efficient data storage and analysis.
Performed ongoing analysis of clinical data trends to identify care gaps within patient populations, and communicate findings to various audiences. Served as a clinical resource within the Sonar Analytics team and provided training and support to varied clinical end users.
- Clinical Decision Support Analyst at Sansum Clinic
- Breast Care Nurse Navigator at The Cancer Center of Santa Barbara with Sansum Clinic
- Nurse Coordinator at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Lead Triage Nurse, GYN & Surgical Services at Planned Parenthood League of MA
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- - Pre-Nursing
- - Psychology & Fine Arts
• Created and maintained hospital financial dashboards and key performance indicators in: Tableau, MS Access, MS SQL server, MS Excel
• Worked as financial and technical partner in multifunctional teams addressing operational performance
• Assisted in departmental budget creation and variance reporting
• Served as go to team member for "Ad-Hoc" analysis
• Analyzed and used cost data applied to patient accounts
• Investigated profitability of services and procedures
• Acted as backup maintainer for financial decision support software platform
• Answered financial related questions from assigned department directors
- Senior Decision Support Analyst at Providence Health Care
- Decision Support Analyst at Adventist Health
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Advanced SAS / SQL programming for research, reporting and data mining tools
• Agile/Scrum Environment, proactively communicated, collaborated with external and internal customers to analyze information needs producing Business and Functional requirements.
• Expertise in analyzing healthcare claims data and programming/creating Stars Gap reporting, NCQA HEDIS, AHRQ, NDC or NQF clinical guidelines and quality measure specifications and reporting. Specializing in Denominator/Numerator compliant non-compliant research and reporting for static and dynamic HEDIS measures. Proficiency in analyzing CMS Stars measurements and ratings, PHYS and HOS
• ETL processes were created to mine the data in a readable format.
• Review yearly HEDIS measures and apply modifications to the Medicare Advantage Stars Gap reports. Remove measures not being tracked by the user.
• Present high-level meetings speaking directly to the physicians that have concerns of their overall HEDIS rating.
• Proven understanding of relational database and normalization schema, data source availability, interpretation of field elements, their application and interrelation and file structures and system requirements necessary in accessing information
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on consultative customer service, conflict resolution, interpersonal and group/meeting presentations to technical, non-technical and customer audiences.
• Expertise in analytical support of quality performance improvement or care management initiatives using data to develop intervention strategies to improve clinical outcomes.
• Understanding of the terminology, techniques, and reimbursement mechanisms employed in the delivery of healthcare including, but not limited to clinical coding (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, DRG, LOINC, NDC and UB-04), medical record review, population health, EMRs, HIE, IT analytics and business operations.
• Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), P4P (pay-for-performance) and P4V (pay-for-value) program models.
• Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
• Defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
• Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
• Developing and fostering internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Informatics Decision Support Analyst at Private Vendor, client Highmark
- Sr. Systems Analyst / Client Services at Askesis/UPMC
- Business, Data, Systems, Technical Analyst at Ethitech Global, LLC
- Systems Analyst / Programmer at Homeland
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- BA - Computer Science
- - General studies
- - Computer Information Systems
Operated and maintained Decision Support System and related databases on an on-going basis. Flexible to on-going changes and revisions as standardization occurs. Maintained cost accounting processes within the DSS. Followed established audit and review procedures to ensure the accuracy/integrity of all cost and reimbursement data. Verified integrated data to original sources where possible. Performed all necessary DSS maintenance and processing, and reconciled the data to feeder systems (e.g. General Ledger, Patient Accounting). Randomly tested data as necessary in order to assure accuracy. Demonstrated high level of technical and trouble-shooting expertise. Participated in special projects.
- Senior Decision Support Analyst at Trinity Health System
- System Support Analyst at Main Line Health System
- Staff Accountant at Main Line Health System
5 years at this Job
• Maintains and documents cost accounting concepts and methodologies, including the detailed Relative Value
• Unit (RVU) Manager system structure requiring periodic source file data loads of labor, supply and overhead cost standards, and the detailed Overhead allocation system structure requiring periodic source file data loads of automatic and manual statistics.
• Collects, prepares, maintains, and reviews costs and related statistics for direct and indirect departments within the medical center to provide accurate cost allocation.
• Reviews and recommends on cost allocation and reporting enhancements, at least on an annual basis. Trains and supports department managers on refining cost assumptions.
• Performs comparative analyses of periodic financial performance to trend, budget and industry benchmark data, particularly on cost information, for all LLUMC entities on a monthly basis or as needed by management. Prepares written executive summary of performance or variance analysis as required.
• Conducts routine validation of calculated unit costs at the patient account level to support multiple types of
• analysis, including but not limited to, individual case, service line, physician, or other desired profitability reporting.
• Identifies and develops expanded standardized reporting and analysis tools within the Decision Support system (Allscripts) applications.
• Prepares and updates periodic executive management reports. Contributes to the establishment and reporting of dashboards for management use.
• Assists the Senior DSS Analyst and Director with the development and implementation of annual fiscal budgets, particularly on cost modeling and assumptions.
• Supports the Costing team with knowledge of the Decision Support system (Allscripts) reporting tool, cost accounting system and relevant processes.
• Conducts financial analysis on cost management and reduction opportunities and strategies; proposes
• changes to internal processes, and new business strategies
• Facilitates user training and education through individual actions and institutional activities on various DSS
• applications, resource material, productivity, and methods of completing various project requests
• Represents the department at meetings or functions as necessary.
- Decision Support Analyst at Loma Linda University Health
- Applications Analyst II at Loma Linda University Health
- Owner and President at Far East University Market
- Business Taxes Representative at Board of Equalization of the State of California
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's of Business Administration - Operations Management
- Bachelor's of Science - Business Administration
• Provide support to Merchandise Planning & Allocations Teams ◦ Prepared and assisted in the creation of standardized excel based planning recaps and reporting tools. ◦ Ran reports to aid in decision support for the Merchandise Planning and Allocations Teams on a weekly, monthly and on ad hoc basis. ◦ Revised and publish Planning and Allocations process documents as instructed.
- Decision Support Analyst at Destination Maternity
- Parts Order Entry and Procurement - Manager at Sigma Imaging Technologies, Westhampton, NJ
- Inventory Solutions Analyst at THE HOME DEPOT
- Senior Service Level Account Specialist Lead at
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), Communications
Utilizing SQL coding and database manipulation, responsible for providing meaningful information on patient
volumes, diagnosis, procedural, and insurance hospital data.
• Supports production and evaluation of data for business plans, market assessments, and quality measures.
• Support physician data activities, including productivity/RVU benchmarking, procedure logs for credentialing, clinical utilization management, and ad hoc data requests.
• Assists in forecasting demographics, demand for services and capacity, plus facility plans.
• Performs research and develops analyses of services by hospital and competitors, creating service line dashboards and competitor profile data sets.
• Information assurance by maintaining strict adherence to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
• Versed in hospital coding systems (including ICD, CPT, APRDRG) and medical terminology.
• Project management involving scoping of requests and provision of data visualization for executive teams.
• Key Wins: o Support of large hospital service lines; § Orthopedics - Aided in decision to open Mansfield Ortho clinic. § Orthopedics - Provided data for US News hospital survey (NCH orthopedics has 9th place overall Nationwide). § Complex Care - detailed data support to help bolster expansion and staffing of feeding clinics.
- Decision Support Analyst at Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Consultant, 340B Operations at Cardinal Health
- Global Procurement Financial Coordinator, Supply Chain Finance at Abercrombie & Fitch
- Associate at Data Recognition Corporation
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Landscape Architecture