45 years as District Attorney and Defense Attorney
- Criminal Defense Attorney at self employed
- Salesman at Mens Shop at
- Viet Nam Veteran at
at this Job
- Doctorate - Law School Graduate
Represented defendants in all aspects of their criminal defense. Drafted and argued numerous motions and hearings in Superior Court including preliminary hearings, sentencing's, violation of probation hearings, Pitchess motions, motions to suppress, motions to reduce bail, motions to dismiss based on speedy trial violations, Serna motions and Kellet motions. Lead attorney in ten jury trials and second-chaired nine jury trials. On average, was assigned and responsible for a felony caseload of over 200 cases and misdemeanor caseload of over 400 cases at any given time. Supervised and mentored the misdemeanor defense team and the office wide investigation team. Assisted in hiring, review and discipline of attorney's and investigators. Including training of new misdemeanor attorney's and investigators. Coordinated schedules of attorney's trials. Managed office acquisition and training of interns. Trained fellow attorneys in felony representation of clients including sentencing law, trials, courtroom conduct, negotiations, conducting and writing of various motions and hearings, and criminal procedure. Taught MCLE's titled "Trials: 101," which taught the basic trials skills for entry level attorneys and "How to spot a Felony in a Misdemeanor case."
- Defense Attorney V - Senior Defense Attorney at Office of the Public Defender
- Criminal Justice Professor at Office of the Public Defender
- Contract Research Attorney at County of Tulare
- Legal Intern at Bauer and Balerud
9 years, 6 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Teaching Assistant
· Manage up to thirty concurrent insurance defense and coverage related cases for large, nationwide firm, including declaratory judgment actions, first and third-party suits. · Handle cases from inception to disposition, including thorough client-reporting, adjuster communication, and client relations. · Appear in New Jersey and New York state and federal courts, conduct and defend depositions of fact and expert witnesses, and argue dispositive motions in high-exposure losses.
- Insurance Defense Attorney at Lewis, B
- Insurance Defense Associate at Methfessel & Werbel, P.C
- Judicial Law Clerk at Passaic County Family Division
- Assistant Judicial Law Clerk at The Honorable Kimberly Espinales-Maloney
10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Government and Politics
• Admitted to the Texas Bar early for limited criminal defense practice.
• Assisted clients with legal issues including, but not limited to, DWI, DUI, and writ of certiorari.
• Explained the legal process to each client and represent them in all their trial proceedings.
• Drafted all legal memoranda and motions for each individual case.
- Student Defense Attorney at St. Mary's Legal and Social Justice Criminal Clinic
- Research Assistant at St. Mary's University
- Law Clerk/Intern for Sr. Judge Ezra at U.S. District Court
- Litigation Intern at Diocese Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc
4 months at this Job
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - Jurisprudence
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
Conducts legal research and facts investigation for case litigation. Stays abreast of changes in the law. Advises clients of their rights, consults with clients and conducts extensive case status explanations to each client. Appears for status conferences and settlement conferences and in court on clients' behalf and argues. Conducts depositions, reviews warrants and affidavits to determine probable cause. Responds to and makes discovery demands. Interviews witnesses and prepares both witness and defendant for trial. Strategically cross-examines witnesses in court. Develops good relationships with opposing counsel and negotiates to achieve the best possible outcome for the defendant. Drafts all necessary motions for each case. Manages a full felony and misdemeanor caseload.
- Criminal Defense Attorney at Barrett K. Holder, Attorney at Law
- Legal Assistant at Mitchell McCune, Attorney at Law
- Legal Intern at Tulsa County Public Defender's Office
14 years, 8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor degree
- Bachelor of Science degree - Criminal Justice, Biology
Handled defense of litigated files. Conducted depositions of applicants and physicians, performed additional discovery, handled expedited hearings, trials, and appeals.
- W.C. Defense Attorney at Law Offices of Stacey L. Tokunaga
- W.C. Defense Attorney at Coleman Chavez & Associates
- W.C. Defense Attorney at Black and Rose, LLP
- W.C. Defense Attorney at Zurich North America
3 months at this Job
- JD - Law
● Represent clients in a number of legal matters including, but not limited to, child custody, child support, traffic violations, absolute divorce, last will and testimony, power of attorney, and juvenile defense
● Draft motions, briefs, memorandums that advocate on behalf of clients
● Conduct legal research on various legal issues, statutes, and law references to assist with court proceedings
● Negotiate terms which best suit the clients’ needs
● Attend and advocate for client at court hearings and represent them throughout the proceedings
● Review, edit, and negotiate contracts and agreements between parties on various legal matters
- North Carolina Defense Attorney at The Law Office of Crystal M. Richardson PLLC
- eDiscovery Analyst at Wells Fargo
- Compliance Review Attorney at DTI Global
- Director of Advocacy at Equality North Carolina Foundation
2 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science and French
• Lead subrogation attorney to aggressively pursue, negotiate and resovle subrogation collection.
• Manage over 400 subrogation files and achieved highest dollar recovery amount in my unit, while managing over 50 personal injury suits, including PIP files and EUOs.
• Supervise discovery phase of litigation by determining strategies for depositions, production of documents, and issuances of subpoenas.
• Advise adjusters regarding coverage, legal issues, appropriate action, case progress, and settlement ranges.
- Subrogation and Insurance Defense Attorney at Law Office of Sue Ann Eckell - GEICO
- Assistant City Solicitor, Child Welfare Unit at The City of Philadelphia Law Department
- Staff Attorney at Northwestern Legal Services
- Public Interest Clinical Internship at The City of Philadelphia Law Department
6 months at this Job
- Certificate in Trial Advocacy
Felony and misdemeanor representation throughout the State of Michigan. Drunk driving offenses including drunk driving causing death, drug offenses, assault, domestic violence, as well as drivers license restorations.
- Sole Proprietor / Defense Attorney at Law Office of Joshua D Nucian
- Associate Attorney/Defense Attorney at Fried Saperstein Abbatt P.C
- Sole Proprietor/Defense Attorney at The Law Offices of Joshua D. Nucian
- Law Clerk and Of Counsel at Richard M. Lustig, P.C
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- J.D. - Law
- B.A. - English
Represent clients in motion hearings, meet with clients and/or claims professionals to discuss initial stages of the case, take Plaintiff's depositions and Examinations Under Oath. Review and draft pleadings, motions, discovery responses and correspondence to claims professionals. Review and analyze initial file materials which includes, but not limited to: medical records and bills, automobile repair estimates, crash reports, employment records, driving history and background checks.
- Insurance Defense Attorney at O'Hara Law Firm
- Law Clerk at Law Offices of Amy Warpinski, Liberty Mutual Employees
- Law Clerk at The Howell Law Firm
- Fair Housing Department Intern at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Law