Public Affairs Department Assistant, Mesa Water District|, Costa Mesa, CA
• Coordinate the preparation of Board and/or Committee meeting packets
• Arrange and coordinate meetings and public classes for assigned groups including staff and department meetings; prepare agendas, handouts, and correspondence
• Perform a variety of general bookkeeping and clerical accounting duties
• Participate in developing and monitoring assigned budget
- Department Assistant at Mesa Wa
- Senior Manager at Supporter Relations
- Associate Director, Volunteer Services at City Harvest
- Manager, Volunteer Services at City Harvest
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History and Psychology
Receive claim reports, schedule appointments, key claims into computer, phones, File. Promoted to Med Pay department - Analyze medical payment claims, set file reserves, issue payments, phones, file, order medical reports from doctors/hospitals. Promoted to Subrogation Analyst. Contact debtors, set up payment plans, receipt payments, order police reports, background/asset checks. Issue payments to reimburse insured's deductbles. Answer phones, file. Promoted to Claims Clerical Supervisor. Supervised 8 clerical employees. Orientation for new employees, i.e. complete tax forms, explain benefits, office tours, set up personnel files. Ensure clerical employees met assigned duty requirements and a smooth clerical operation. Perform required audits, prepare for audits by auditing department of the office as a whole. Issue employee expense report payments. Changed positions to Claims Manager's Secretary. Type all report submissions for claims handling requests to Regional Claims Manager and Claims Administration Manager. Assist in handling Reserve audits to ensure proper reserving of claims moneys. Assist in handling office budget semi annually. Assist claims representatives in obtaining police reports, medical reports, etc. Order supplies. Pay office bills, i.e. lights, phones, trash, supplies, etc. Administer exams to applicants, schedule interviews. Schedule Hotel Accommodations for management travels. 1099 reporting. Notary Public. Secretary job eliminated, changed to Department Assistant, Assign claims to adjusters for entire state of Arizona. Phones, troubleshooter for office equipment, order and stock supplies, Furniture and Fixture record keeping and schedule delivery of new and/or pick up of old furniture and fixtures. Any and all reports/research requested by management, both local and senior. Answer phones. Set up rental cars for customers. Sign in and out of Company vehicles. New Company car ordering and receiving.
- Department Assistant at Farmers Insurance Claims
- Accounts Payable Clerk at American Management Association
- Claims Customer Service Clerk at Farmers Insurance Claims
- Hotel Manager at Best Western Magic Carpet Lodge
30 years at this Job
Responsible for check-in/check-out of approximately 50 patients on a daily basis in a family
• Answered multi- line telephone and scheduled patient appointments.
• Collected outstanding balances and patient co-pays in addition to verifying demographic and insurance information.
• Accurately used Microsoft Excel to create an office supplies check-list to assist in placing future orders.
• Carefully listened and accurately answered patients and/or family members' questions while following HIPPA policy.
• In charge of training and mentoring new Department Assistant's hired within the practice.
- DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT at OAKLAWN HOSPITAL
- IN-STOCKS TEAM MEMBER at TARGET CORPORATION
- FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST at CAPE FEAR STAFFING
8 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree in General Studies - General Studies
Copies files as requested
● Delivers mail between departments or to the mailroom
● Organizes department supplies
● Categorizes and files important department events into excel
- Department Assistant at Randolph College English Department
- Teaching Assistant at The Karafin School
- Teaching Assistant at Dance On Hudson
4 months at this Job
- - Creative Writing
Department Assistant, IT Department
• Managed secure door; greeted and directed visitors/staff
• Coordinated conference rooms/meetings
• Assisted with projects, created IT directory, maintained assigned cubicles on floor plan
• Requested computer and sit-stand equipment, office supplies
• Updated procedure book
- Department Assistant at Fairview Health Services
- Receptionist/Front Desk at American Academy of Neurology
- Administrative Assistant, Market & Product Development at Fairview Health Services
- Office Assistant at Minnesota Grocers Association
8 months at this Job
27230 Madison Ave C-2
Temecula, CA 92590
Supervisor: Trent Hammond
Service Department Assistant
● Answer phone
● Schedule service appointments
● Write up service quotes
● Follow through with customer from beginning to end of all repairs
● Order parts for repairs
● Assist where needed
- Service Department Assistant at Prestige Golf Cars
- Service Department Assistant at Paradise Buick GMC
- Owner/Supervisor at Secutrac Engineering
- Owner/Supervisor at John Neet, M.A.I
9 months at this Job
- High school
Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel: PivotTables, Slicers, Drop-downs, Charts, Tables, Transposing, Splitting, Filtering and Formulas Department Assistant Manager/Trainer, Kent Stake The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Kent, WA; Feb 2017-Present I developed an Excel tracking system and several organizational databases. I utilize MS Word and Outlook in composing written correspondence for organizational coordination, training and status reporting. I serve as Assistant Manager of seven organizations of children and staff. I assist in planning, organizing, delegating, coordinating and carrying out training and activities for combined organization leaders and children.
- Department Assistant Manager at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter
- Data Entry/Research at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Department Manager/Trainer at Young Women Organization
- Department Assistant Manager at Young Women Organization
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Sociology
Initially hired as a part-time Hunting Sales Associate; transitioned to full-time; promoted to Hunting Department Lead; currently functioning as the Hunting Department Assistant Manager. My duties and responsibilities are:
• Approach each customer using the 5 non-negotiable Friedman Sales Training Steps.
• Research inventory discrepancies.
• Resolve any scheduling issues in the absence of the Department Manager.
• Merchandise department following corporate guidelines.
• Complete price changes on time.
• Ensure that the entire department is clean, faced and straight at all times.
• Open and close the store (if required by the Store Manager).
• Help to manage and train staff.
• Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management. Firearms:
• Ensure all firearms are received, transferred (sold), and dispositioned (logged-out) in compliance with state and federal laws, company procedures, and company guidelines.
• Communicate with the Compliance Department for firearm and ammunition compliance related matters.
• Timely respond to ATF firearm trace requests.
- HUNTING DEPARTMENT, ASSISTANT MANAGER at Sportsman's Warehouse
- DIRECTOR at UTAH SAFE HAVEN
- TIER 1 CPU AT HOME ADVISOR at Apple, Inc
- TEAM LEADER - CUSTOMER CARE at Convergys Corporation
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Education
Science Department Assistant (Cathedral High School)
- Science Department Assistant at Cathedral High School
3 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
• Organizing and updating the IOMS course lists using Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
• Implementing and maintaining weekly inventory updates using Microsoft Excel
• Crafting newsletters and promotional posters for upcoming IOMS events and sending them to the 50+ members on the mailing list, which includes faculty and PhD students
• Greeting and escorting people entering the IOMS department, including guest speakers, researchers, and PhD students
• Answering incoming telephone calls and directing them to proper sources within the IOMS
- Department Assistant at Stern Information Operations Management Statistics Department
- Bilingual Student Tutor at America Reads
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance and Actuarial Sciences
- International Baccalaureate Diploma