In my current position as a government contractor, I am providing support to the Office of Naval Research Warfighter Performance Department, Human & Bio-Engineered Systems Division. The overarching mission of the Technology Deployment Manager at ONR is to collaborate with the services within DoD, academia and business; leverage existing research and avoid duplication; interface and network with customers, stakeholders and resource sponsors; align research efforts to official requirements to meet Department of the Navy needs in the area of Warfighter Performance with the goal of transitioning technology, best practices, TTPs, etc. to the Navy & Marine Corps rapidly. Examples of support areas range from digital and social media computational cultural anthropology, human performance and readiness (including force fitness), modeling and simulation technologies; human behavior modeling; training and decision-making software development. Specific Work Product Examples: 1. I work with ONR’s Computational Social Science Program Officer on several projects. The focus of the research is social networking, communications and media theory, information science, international relations and social sciences. The resulting research will produce a deeper understanding of the nascent field of cyber diplomacy and cyber social science, and ultimately provide defensive TTPs for national security. Specific products delivered include a proposal submitted to NATO which was accepted resulting in an appointment to NATO Research Technology Group, HFM-293 “Digital and Social Media Assessment for Effective Communication and Cyber Diplomacy." Working through the NATO Collaboration Support Office, I facilitated the first RTG 293 working group for Dr. Goolsby. RTG 293 met all milestones set forth by NATO (research areas assigned, meetings scheduled, professional papers to be written and a Cyber Social Science textbook). Social Media analysis tools are currently being developed, tested, integrated and transitioned to Public Affairs and Information Operations Commands. 2. I support the ONR Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Officer (SAPR-O) by authoring informational material, developing sexual assault prevention training/education curricula and creating and executing events to raise awareness of sexual violence. Delivered work products include monthly edits to the SAPR-O contribution to the Snapshot (ONR’s monthly periodical) and successful execution of day-long awareness events in 2017 & 2018 for sexual assault awareness month in April. 3. I’m a member of an ONR-N17Z working group with the mission of developing a holistic approach to mitigate the consequences of mental and physical stressors. The goal is to establish a Culture of Excellence Program of Record in order to maintain the Navy’s competitive advantage against adversaries. The priorities of the new POR are to leverage data metrics, use an enterprise approach to mental health, increase resiliency, establish Navy-wide enterprise to primary prevention of destructive behaviors and master strategic communications and social marketing. 4. ONR’s Future Naval Capability pitches to fund high priority research are competitive with limited funding necessitating some efforts be dropped from the roster for the fiscal year. I was assigned the role of assisting all Code 34.1 Program Officers with preparation of their proposals, briefing the Department Head on the FNC pitches and refining all pitches through the selection process. The work product resulted in 100% of Code 34 proposals being advanced to the CNR for FY20 (80% making the final cut). 5. I initiated a technology deep-dive with NAVAIR Human Systems 4.6, PMA202 Naval Aircrew Systems, N98 and ONR’s Noise Induced Hearing Loss Program Officer to examine the ENARG top 5 requirements and the research efforts at ONR that align with them. The meeting was successful as three efforts were identified for further funding and incorporation into the PMA202 Roadmap and Master Plan. An additional interchange between these parties resulted in an ONR-sponsored SBIR topic submitted for PMA202. Lastly, this process will be repeated for two additional Program Officers in different domains.
- DEPLOYMENT MANAGER at Valiant Harbor International
- Grant Writer at Research Support and Grant Writing
- SENIOR TECHNICAL & PROGRAMMATIC ANALYST at Renaissance Sciences Corporation
- TECHNICAL AND PROGRAMMATIC ANALYST at Renaissance Sciences Corporation
8 months at this Job
- - Market Research
- Masters - Level Studies
- M.S. - Counseling and Human Development
- B.A. - Interdisciplinary Studies
Dover AFB 736 AMXS 1st Street Dover, DE 19902 United States 06/2007 - 6/2017 (Retired) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0301 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 09 Unit Deployment Manager (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Currently working as the 736 AMXS Unit Deployment Manager Monitoring, reviewing, checking and verifing requests for all personnel insuring all training and medical requirements are met and equipment mobilized/deployed from 736 AMXS. Periodically review existing Unit Type Codes (UTC) to ensure Squadron can meet all mobility tasking. Compile, analyze and report the 736 AMXS' ability to meet Air Force and AMC expeditionary requirements through Status of Resources and Training System (SORTS) reporting. Utilize various administrative and mobility-related software tools to include LOGMOD, DEPART, AFWUS, ART and SORTS reporting systems and templates. Obtain and provide information concerning capabilities and shortfalls of personnel and equipment from subordinate squadrons and flights. Serve as the squadron's primary, Personnel Readiness Flight (PRF) and Cargo Deployment Facility (CDF) to meet real-world and exercise expeditionary responsibilities. Deal directly with the GCC and Group's deployment manager and subordinate sections to carry out instructions and directives received from the CAT, DCC, PRF or CDF. Brief the Commander, Operations Officer, Maintenance Superintendent and MXG deployment manager on the progress and completion of directed actions. Maintain applicable standards for Operational Security (OPSEC) and Communications Security (COMSEC). Safeguard classified or sensitive materials and/or files to preclude unauthorized disclosure. Serve as the squadron's alternate Unit Health Monitor. Supervisor: LtCol Bianchini (302-677-6225) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Unit Deployment Manager at GS Grade
- AIRCRAFT WORKER at Dover Airforce Base
- Aircraft Worker at NAVAVNDEPOT, MCAS, CHERRY POINT
- Electronics Technician at Tobyhanna Army Depot
10 years at this Job
- High school
As the contracted Release and Deployment Manager for the MCEITS Data center, I am responsible for all aspects of the Release Management lifecycle from development through implementation and functional validation of application updates, OS patching, security and hardware updates, and the inclusion of new applications in both the test and production environments. I coordinate with IT operations, PMO, customers and work closely with Change Management to plan, schedule and deploy various projects concurrently.
- Release and Deployment Manager at Network Runners
- Program Analyst II at JACOBS TECHNOLOGY
- Site Data Analyst at VPSI
- Integration Support at CSC
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school
Managed Mobility shop of 12 personnel as highest ranking enlisted member to track, manage, and schedule
deployment requirements for over 170 squadron members.
• Successfully deployed 350 aircrew personnel to five global areas of responsibility, ensuring the delivery of RC- 135V/W capabilities to support national taskings around the world.
• Revamped squadron Unit Deployment Manager training program while remaining compliant with Air Force regulations, resulting in an increase of qualified Unit Deployment Managers by 200% in less than two months.
- UNIT DEPLOYMENT MANAGER at U.S. Air Force
- AIRBORNE SYSTEMS ENGINEER at U.S. Air Force
- AIRBORNE SENSOR OPERATOR at U.S. Air Force
- Quality Assurance Specialist at FedEx Ground
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics
- - Management/Supervision
1. Assisted turn in of 88.5k unserviceable equipment with Disposition Service increasing unit functional area by 50%. 2. Prepared and maintained all documentation and correspondence relating to the mobilization for 10 deployment teams/70 personnel and associated War Reserve Material. 3. Liaison for Air Education and Training Command and Wing agencies on all matters of mobility, personnel medical readiness, and equipment logistics. 4. Closed 100% of inherited Management Internal Control Tool write ups in 60 days; completed self inspections of more than 200 items with no new issues increasing unit mobility, vehicle operations, and safety by 60 percent. 5. Worked closely with Supply technicians to order supplies and materials, ensuring sufficient on-hand inventory and securing proprietary items. 6. Formalized Unit Deployment Manager, Vehicle Operations, And Facility Manager continuity binders to streamline the process of the programs reducing the training of personnel by 30 days.
- Unit Deployment Manager at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
- Base Dispatcher at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
- Visitor Control Clerk at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
- Customer Service Representative at Publix
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate in Criminal Justice - criminal justice
- Certification - Law enforcement
- Certificate - Law enforcement
- Certificate - Law enforcement
16468 Airlifter Drive Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK 99507 United States 11/2017 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 45 Resource Advisor/Unit Deployment Manager/ Manpower Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Provide Status of Funds/guidance/recommendations to all MXG Commanders/Leadership. Assist leaders w/Spend Plans, reprogram funds IAW w/needs, manage 11 GPC MACs and use DEAMS for all FM9s/4009s. Update and monitor FM Suite and assist for Tri-annual reviews. Approves orders/vouchers in DTS and approved/validate orders, certify SODs and RSDs in AROWS. Update all related information for deployers in M4S. Assist with J2s, J1s, J10s, and SF52s. Update UTCs in ARTS and updated related information in DRRS. Modernized by creating/managing MXG RA SharePoint. Managed $400K+ in travel/O&M & over $700K unfunded FY18 items. Supervisor: CMSgt Ryan Boyer, 551-7625 Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes 176th Force Support Flight Airlifter Drive Anchorage Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK 99507 United States
- Resource Advisor/Unit Deployment Manager at Alaska Air National Guard
- NCOIC Career Development at AFPAAS, CHRIS, DD
- NCOIC Commander Support Staff at 213 Space Warning Squadron/Air National Guard
- Supervisor at 213 Space Waning Squadron/Air National Guard
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Traffic Management Craftman
Athens, GA Desktop/Network Support II
Responsible for the design, and implementation of WAN/LAN Wireless infrastructure within JNJ and Noramco Inc. Coordinate with vendors on service requirement, hardware configuration, logistic, migration/deployment. Deployment of Companywide communication equipment Installation of Cisco 3750, 3850 switches. In addition to installation of 752 Access Points transmitting IP and RF signal overlap channels and VLAN's
Project & Deployment Manager
• Provide 1st and 2nd Tier support for Dell Desktops, Dell Laptops, HP and Canon multifunction work centers mobile devices within the Johnson & Johnson Network
• Managed and assessed tickets in Ticket Management System built by Information builders to track Maintained knowledgebase and application compatibility list for Windows 10 migration project Maintained equipment location and assignment database Responsible for evaluation and recommendation regarding hardware configuration and software solutions for business improvement Page 1 Support for multiple versions of Microsoft Office products: Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 Pro Plus Support for multiple VPN solutions - Cisco Anyconnect, ShrewSoft VPN # Virus, Malware and Ransomware recovery Remote Control and Support tools - Citrix GoTo Meeting, WebEX
• Technical Specialist was to provide support for various areas of the network including the Server Administration, Remote Desktop Support, Deployment of servers & desktop. Interacting with clients in order to determine their IT requirements, compile technical flow charts with procedures for successful system replacement. Worked closely with vendors on RMA's, installation of failed parts including system boards, Hard drives, displays, Memory etc. Using current knowledge of all Windows operating systems for imaging, Windows 7 deployment, migrating data and active directory, running scripts for printers, mapped drives, troubleshoot applications, setup training rooms, WiFi, inventory assets, itweb-OOB applications, Imprivada tap and go
• Responsible for the maintenance of company equipment, install and support of high speed circuits and VoIP video Conferencing in various company locations
• Provide 24H technical support of (DSL) ISP to the industries, Training of engineering staff with regards to Networking. Installation and preventive maintenance of Telco wiring, circuit testing, Telco dmarc installation. Remote monitoring of all Atlanta, GA accounts complete deployment of newer equipment and system upgrade. Support of VoIP video conferencing installation of CAT5/6 Fiber, Coaxial cabling and fiber.
• Trouble data networks for loss packets, measure signal strength of circuits on properties. Also install and manage phone service (VoIP) including Voice mail to office. Responsibilities were to trace communication circuits, design path and equipment using the TBS. Validating phone circuit order requests against internal control parameters and Local supplier requirements, performing quality checks, creating order. Invoicing verification, creating call routing tables, also training manuals/ flow charts for help desk to reduce time of recovery.
- Project & Deployment Manager at JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- Help Desk at MCI COMMUNICATION
16 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
Selected out of 300 plus members to work directly for the commander as the Unit Deployment Manager. Gained knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs. Implement and execute commander-directed deployment actions for assigned personnel and cargo, monitor and maintain unit deployment readiness statistics.
• Processed deploying personnel, cargo, and vehicles in the Logistics Module Deployment Management System
• Wide range of federal and agency deployment/mobilization concepts, principles, practices, procedures, regulations, and laws applicable to the full range of UDM management responsibilities
• In processed newly assigned personnel ensuring they attended their initial training, familiarize them with the organization, schedule meetings with section chiefs as well as the commander, introducing the member to key personnel
- Unit Deployment Manager at United States Air Force
- Traffic Management Craftsman at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
- Traffic Management Apprentice at United States Air Force (Active Duty)
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Systems
- Associate - Web Design
- Associate - Logistics
Served as liaison between the Unit Commander and Higher level Air Force command to ensure the welfare of enlisted personnel and make officers aware of any potential situations that could affect mission preparedness. Planned and briefed personnel on missions. Assigned approved members to deployment tasking and relayed information to appropriate management per guidelines Orchestrated and ensured pre and post mission completion of members assigned to deployment tasking involving Developed, filed, and tracked uniformed mobility folders for rapid retrieval access and protection of vital documents Briefed personnel on issues surrounding personal responsibilities and duties required per military instructions Quality checked members' qualifications with tasking requirements and base requirements to ensure zero discrepancies
- Deployment Manager at United States Air Force
- Supply Technician at United States Air Force
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Currently working as a digital deployment manager for the ISG Annuity Marketing team. Responsible for managing updates and deployment of annuities marketing assets related to enterprise wide projects as well as BAU requests and business enhancement tasks. In this position I work closely with marketing managers and business unit stakeholders to ensure projects and requests are delivered as designed and within spec.
● Manage monthly fund and product implementations from a digital marketing perspective. Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure digital releases are on schedule and within scope while at the same time coordinating with the marketing department and ensuring their business objectives are met within the tight timeframes.
● Act as digital subject matter expert for projects requiring web implementations. By doing so I am able to help ensure all requirements are gathered in order to meet end user goals and expectations.
- Digital Deployment Manager, Annuity Marketing at PRUDENTIAL ANNUITIES
- Digital Project Manager, Annuities Information Technology at PRUDENTIAL ANNUITIES
- Digital Process Manager, Annuity Marketing at PRUDENTIAL ANNUITIES
- Internal eWholesaler, Annuity Marketing at PRUDENTIAL ANNUITIES
9 months at this Job
- Associate's - Project Management
- Bachelor of Science - IT integration and utilization