• Public safety
• Leap training
• PC 832 certified
• PC 832 Firearms Certified
• Euthanasia training
• Promoted to Deputy Director in 2018
- Deputy Director at Lake county animal control
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Some college
Maintains communications for the organization and its Foundation. Program coordination including annual conference: Construction Executive Summit. Administration for various committees. Development of the government affairs division, acting as the liaison between government and the association. Provides policy recommendations to the Board of Directors and advisory groups for which engaged. Aids in building strategic partnerships. Represents 400+ construction company members in public hearings, government agency work sessions, and various other public speaking events. Acts as supervisor in absence of the Executive Director. *Other positions held within organization prior to Deputy Director: Marketing & Communications Manager and Government Affairs Director.
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR at SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION
- HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN at CITY OF VANCOUVER USA
- LEGISLATIVE INTERN at WASHINGTON STATE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION - PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Towson, MD December 2018-Present
• Responsible for budget and financial analysis of a $3.2 billion government-wide operating budget and a five-year capital program of $2.8 billion.
• Work closely with the Executive Office on budget/financial communications as it pertains to translating issues into readable materials for public consumption.
• Oversee the Operational Excellence team, a combination of eight budget and management analysts, who analyze department and government-wide operations, management and financial issues, program effectiveness and implement change management and organizational strategies.
• Staff to Baltimore County's Commission on Fiscal Sustainability. Responsible for analyzing county budget policies, the current fiscal situation, researching best practices in budget management and co-authoring the interim and final reports.
- Deputy Director at Baltimore County Office of Budget and Finance
- Chief of Staff at Office of the Baltimore County Executive
- Policy Director at
- Director, Office of Government, Legislative, and Community Affairs at Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
- - leadership
NIFA is a public benefit corporation created by New York State to provide fiscal oversight to the financially stressed Nassau County. As Deputy Director, worked as liaison between the NIFA Board of Directors and Nassau County to provide oversight, monitoring duties and make recommendations within the NIFA statute to remedy fiscal stressors and restore solvency. Also performed complex budget analysis including but not limited to expenditure and revenue projections, variance analysis, and personnel costs. Managed the contract review process and presented contracts requiring Board of Director approval at public meetings. Produced financial reports and other ad hoc studies, research and reports.
- Deputy Director at Nassau County Interim Finance Authority
11 years at this Job
• Directed the operation of a Native American public assistance program in the Sierra Nevada region consisting of four offices serving over 100 clients.
• Served as the Interim Deputy Director for the Bay Area overseeing five additional offices serving over 200 clients from November 2017 through January 2019.
• Administered an award winning Summer Food program serving four Washoe Tribal communities.
- Deputy Director at Washoe Native TANF Program
- Administrative Consultant at Federal Grant Compliance, LLC
- Deputy Administrator at Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Resource Management
Washington, DC Deputy Director/Acting Director of a staff of 12 coordinating U.S. policy in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Non-Proliferation Treaty, and related regimes. Direct management of $90 million annual U.S. contribution to the IAEA.
- Deputy Director/Acting Director at U.S. Department of State
- Team Leader for Multilateral Engagement at Bureau of Oceans
- Executive Secretary at U.S. Mission to the International Organizations in Vienna
- Policy Coordinator at Office of Environmental Policy, Bureau of Oceans, Environment, and Science
2 years at this Job
- Master's - Master of Public Affairs (MPA)/Master of Science in Environmental Science (MSES)
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Reporting to the executive director (ED), the Deputy Director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from client and project management (business development, framing of critical approaches, high-quality client delivery, written products) to administration (information technology, reporting, facilities), and human capital (HR/recruiting, mentoring, career progression). The Deputy Director will partner closely with the ED to chart XYZ Nonprofit's future growth and strategic response to an ever-increasing demand for the organization's services. Project Development, Management, and Client Relations/Management. Structured and lead teams to deliver outstanding client work. Built and maintained strong client relationships, through relationship-building with community partners and funding sources throughout local, state, federal entities. Represented KRFDC in industry-group conferences, professional associations, and other public venues. Developed thought leadership around specific topics/emerging practice areas. Shared in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communications. Partner with the Director in essential internal firm leadership activities (human resources, administration, and organizational planning). Managed increasing segments of information technology, human resources (recruiting, reviews, staff deployment/workload balancing, career progression) with related internal communications and budgeting/finance duties. Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities. Mentored, coached, visible, approachable sounding board/resource for all agency employees. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and numerous software applications to retrieve data, create spreadsheets, and generate reports. Maintained confidentiality at all times. Ability to work independently, plan, exercise judgment, and critical thinking, organize and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems/issues, gather data and information, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions. Possesses communication skills to effectively and professionally convey information using tact and diplomacy with internal and external community. Demonstrated team-building skills to establish and maintain good working relationships. Thorough knowledge of complex budget planning, preparation, and forecasting. Writing and grammar skills to independently draft correspondence pertaining to the operations, policies, grants, and procedures of various subject matters. Managed master data, including creation, updates, and deletion. Provided quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary. Processed confidential data and information according to guidelines. Developed reports and analysis as needed throughout the agency. Managed and designed the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata. Supported initiatives for data integrity and normalization. Assessed tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems. Generated reports from single or multiple systems. Troubleshooted the reporting database environment and reports. Evaluated changes and updates to source production systems. Trained end users on new reports and dashboards. Provided technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing. Interpreted data, analyzed results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports Developed and implemented databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Acquired data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Identified, analyzed, and interpreted trends and/or patterns in complex data sets. Filtered and "cleaned" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems. Worked with managers to prioritize business and information needs. Located and defined new processes for improvement opportunities throughout the agency.
- Deputy Director at Kentucky River Foothills Development Council, Inc
- Director of Personnel and Policy at Kentucky River Foothills Development Council, Inc
- Executive Director at CUE
- Senior Grant Administrator at Legal Services
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - public administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
As Deputy Director of Recruitment, I am afforded considerable independent judgment and decision making pertaining to recruitment actions. Furthermore, I oversee the overall recruitment process of my assigned portfolio group including but not limited to, the supervision of recruitment team of four; Promote and recommend innovative methods of recruitment and retention applying LEAN/Six Sigma principles, process improvement and strategic planning; Reporting recruitment data and justification to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) oversight agency for funding city agencies. Additional duties include:
• Execute employee termination requests.
• Processing Leave Requests
• Hold in-service training sessions as well as routinely train staff on various elements of recruiting Achievement:
- Deputy Director of Recruitment at Administration for Children's Services
- Assistant Supervisor, Human Resources at Administration for Children's Services
- Permit Supervisor, Bureau of Customer Service at Department of Environmental Protection
- Customer Service Denial of Access Processor at Department of Environmental Protection
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Science
This agency is a cabinet position to the Governor of the State of Arizona. The Assistant Deputy Director position has statewide responsibilities fulfilling the mission of the agency through public speaking and statewide oversight.
Organizational direct reports to this position include:
• Veterans Services Division / Pension and Compensation
• State Approving Agency / GI Bill Entitlement / Troops to Teachers
• Information Technology
• Land Acquisition (BRAC)
• Community Outreach
• Strategic Planning
• State Veteran Cemetery Duties also include legislative involvement in the effort to provide state and federal benefits to the veteran community. Agency liaison to the Native American communities
- Assistant Deputy Director at Arizona Department of Veterans Services
- Small Business Owner at Mike Klier School of Karate
- Manufacturing Engineer at Weaver Popcorn
- Plant Manager at K&G Manufacturing
12 years at this Job
- Certification - engineering
- - Engineering
• Deputy Director of combined police, fire and EMS dispatch organization
• Oversee department training program, training software and employee performance software.
• Assist in the development of policy, procedures, rules and regulations for the department.
• Manage the employment interviewing and selection process; interviewing job candidates, administering employment tests and hiring decisions.
• Administer scheduling of all personnel.
• Evaluate departmental response to calls for emergency service.
• Coordinate operations with other county departments and agencies.
• Coordinate with representatives of surrounding 911 agencies toward standardization of communications and procedures to improve emergency communications with adjacent counties.
• Regularly attend and present at Central Dispatch Committee, Law Enforcement Committee, Fire/EMS Committee and Public Safety Committee meetings.
- Deputy Director at Eaton County Central Dispatch
- Training Coordinator Supervisor at Eaton County Central Dispatch
- Dispatcher at Eaton County Central Dispatch
- Central Dispatcher at Ingham County
3 years at this Job
- Associates of Business - Business