Facilitated OTC derivatives trades processing, primarily swaps and options ◊ Utilized Bloomberg for equity index setup, new assets setup and research ◊ Built relationships with external and internal business parties to ensure accurate and timely processing of all trading activities communicated by investment managers to OTC derivatives team
- Derivatives Analyst at Northern Trust Corporation
- Associate Accountant at Northern Trust Corporation
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Relevant coursework
Accountable for trade capture of all CDS Index trades (HY, HVOL, IG, ITRAXX, LCDX and XO).
• Collaborate daily with Front Office Sales/Trading to ensure accurate trade capture and risk.
• Responsible for daily flash P&L production, daily risk analysis and production of risk reports.
• Execute TriOptima portfolio compressions and trade collapses to adhere to clearing requirements.
• Aid in the implementation of Dodd-Frank regulations of Credit Derivatives for Bank of America Merrill Lynch including SEF trading, Real Time Reporting and Mandatory Clearing.
• Actively monitor and process trade novations on ICE and DTCC daily.
• Manage the front to back monitoring of CDS Index trade booking to various back office and risk systems, resolve trades breaks from confirmations and settlements teams, also work with valuations department to resolve MTM discrepancies with clients both internal and external.
• Support the development and roll out of electronic derivative trading, which has increased trading efficiency by reducing manual touch points while increasing market share.
• Proficient with trading and clearing software such as Bloomberg, ICE, DTCC, MarkitWire and eBlotter.
• Assist with UK, Asia, Australia and LATAM Emerging Markets trading desks.
- Credit Derivatives Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Trader & Partner at SoundBridge Capital, LLC
- Intern at Carroll Financial Associates
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance
- Reviewed an average of 20-40 trades from brokers and would create tickets for each trade confirming all trade details and sent them back to the institution making the trades. - Booked or cancelled an average of 20 trades per day for various brokers and institutions. - Created spreadsheets that documented every CDS, CDX, and IRS trades that came through our department over the course of each month that was sent for review at the end of each month.
- Reviewed an average of 20-40 trades from brokers and would create tickets for each trade confirming all trade details and sent them back to the institution making the trades.
- Booked or cancelled an average of 20 trades per day for various brokers and institutions.
- Created spreadsheets that documented every CDS, CDX, and IRS trades that came through our department over the course of each month that was sent for review at the end of each month.
- Derivatives Analyst at Aerotek - Bny Mellon - contract
- Student Loan Specialist at Citizens Bank - Axelon Services - Contract
- Logistics Account Executive at Total Quality Logistics (TQL)
- Benefit Investigation Specialist at Lash Group/Amerisource Bergen
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Arts - Marketing
* Executive analyst specializing in commodities options and futures markets * Managing live options trades and providing relevant market intelligence to international clients, traders, and bankers * Experienced on international phone lines, communicating and executing trades, articulately and accurately, with traders and market makers at top banks and hedge funds * Devise risk management and hedging strategies for Crude oil, Natural gas, and Gold futures and options * Manage clearance of all OTC trades, and complete daily reconciliation to ensure cash and positions are in line; ensuring timely matching of all trades in the market * Proficiently able to demonstrate an analytical method of problem solving in a calm yet efficient manner, eliminating errors * Responsible for handling the execution, allocation, and transfer of trades; and entering all trades into the clearing system precisely - Block trades and GLOBEX * Educated in database administration, inputing live price quotes into excel formulas to calculate volatility strategies, hedging, and other variables * Familiar with compliance interactions, back office logistics, billing * Programming skills in Java, Python, C++, PineScript
- Energy Derivatives Analyst at McNamara Options LLC
- Summer Internship Program at McNamara Options LLC
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance - Finance
• Provide timely and accurate business support for all derivative trade activity, life cycle management, and settlements including third-party messaging to custodians, fund accounting agents and other interested parties
• Participate in the enablement of legal documentation, and Affirms/Confirms trades utilizing various applications
• Monitor various technology applications ensuring all trade flow activities are processed accurately and timely throughout the derivative trade lifecycle
• Liaise with front office, brokers, custodians, vendors, clients, and internal departments to resolve any derivative trade, lifecycle, and reporting related issues or inquiries
• Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolves all trade fails
• Utilize internal, custodian, fund accounting, and other third-party systems to resolve inquiries and exceptions
• Support projects including testing, regulatory reporting requirements, client and audit requests
• Maintain and update all respective procedures and adhere to standard archiving policies
- Derivatives Analyst, Derivatives Operation at
- at Invesco
- Trade Operation Specialist at Fund Valuation
- Trade Settlement Associate at Virtus Partners LLC
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Music - Piano Performance
Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading group in the world.
• Studied the specifications of various commodities such as BRENT, WTI, Natural Gas and Gasoline by being an integral part of the Oil and Gas team.
• Prepared reports on trade positions to assist traders in managing long/short positions and hence the overall market exposure.
• Calculated margin call amounts to be held with the Exchange by preparing and analyzing excel based reports.
• Reconciled trades executed by the firm against Clearer reports to accurately calculate the trader's profit and loss position.
- Derivatives Analyst at TRAFIGURA
- Senior Associate - Valuations at SS&C GLOBEOP
- Co-Founder at ROOMMATE BAZAAR
- Financial Analyst - Intern at CODEBREAK
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Quantitative and Computational Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
• Demonstrate attention to detail in using financial modeling in excel to determine pricing for derivative products worth $200,000,000 and above monthly including interest rate swaps and variance swaps and transferring to and receiving funds from institutional corporate client accounts
• Perform position and cash reconciliations in Sophis for derivative products including but not limited to, equity swaps, Options (Puts & Calls), forwards, futures, equity linked notes and FX settlements
• Perform trade validation when new trades are booked and identify and escalate discrepancies related to principal, interest rate and spread of derivatives as needed
• Track and monitor outgoing and incoming payments with counterparties including Investment Banks and Asset Management firms, and escalate payments failures when needed
• Manage all aspects of OTC Derivatives trade validation, maintenance, affirmation, settlement and regulatory reporting
- Equity Derivatives Analyst - Equity Capital Markets at RBC Capital Markets
- Corporate and Investment Banking Contract Analyst at JPMorgan Chase
- Asset Management Analyst Intern at Morgan Stanley
- Marshal L. Salant Investment Team at Lear Corporation
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering General Honors, Departmental Honors - Major Electrical Engineering, Minor in Economics; Major GPA: 3.7/4.0, GPA: 3.5/4.0
Process trades and ensure derivative instruments are properly coded, set up, and recorded
• Monitor, calculate, and approve life cycle events for Over the Counter derivative instruments
• Liaise with investment managers, brokers, and third parties in an effort to minimize client risk
• Confirm daily cash movements with brokers and deliver cash instruction to multiple custodians
• Analyze market values for OTC products and investigate discrepancies with counterparties
• Reconcile clients' valuation reporting through examination and auditing
• Led migration effort for position reconciliation to overseas partners
- Derivatives Analyst, OTC at Northern Trust Bank
- Treasury Analyst (Intern) at Cadence Health System
- Northern Illinois University Student Managed Portfolio at
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
* Futures & options trade analysis, reconciliation, payment & settlement * Code Excel macros, analyze data sets, draft client reports * Create procedure documents & train other employees * Recognized by key client for exceptional work
- Senior Derivatives Analyst at Northern Trust
- Volunteer at OutBKK
- Collateral Analyst at UBS Investment Bank
- Research Analyst at Spectrum Brands
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - International Finance + International Marketing
- Masters in Business Administration - Finance, Accounting
- - Accounting, Finance, and Business Economics
- Associate - Global Studies, International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
*Processed trade re-assignments between counter-parties *Prepared and sent Option Confirmations to counter-parties each morning as needed *Prepared and sent morning reports daily *Aided Prime Broker with reporting during extended absences
*Processed trade re-assignments between counter-parties
*Prepared and sent Option Confirmations to counter-parties each morning as needed
*Prepared and sent morning reports daily
*Aided Prime Broker with reporting during extended absences
- Securities & Derivatives Analyst II at Citibank N.A
- Customer Service Representative at Charter Communications
- Project Analyst I and II - Commercial Service Implementation at M&T Bank - Amherst Center
- Accounting Research Specialist - Cash Vault Services at Amherst Center
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing in Business Marketing - Business Marketing