Support the tax-exempt municipal derivatives team in developing capital market strategies, including plain vanilla swaps,
cancelable swaps, forward starting swaps, caps, collars, basis swaps, and CMS swaps
• Responsible for analyzing client's debt portfolio and financial statements to structure and price swaps
• Serve as primary liaison with municipal banking team to ensure that the financing solutions meet clients' overall business objectives and coordinate directly with internal credit teams to evaluate exposure risk of potential transactions
• Select clients include: Harvard, UVA, JEA, and State of Louisiana
- Municipal Derivatives Analyst at Wells Fargo Securities
- Municipal Placements Analyst at Wells Fargo Securities
- Finance Intern at Gainesville Regional Utilities
- Finance Management Associate Program Intern, Community Development Banking at Gainesville Regional Utilities
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
● Provide exceptional and detailed operational support to a wide variety of internal and external clients who execute transactions on Global Derivatives Exchanges.
● Responsible for real-time risk management of executions, trade allocation, query facilitation /resolution, reconciliations and position management as well as improved process flow and allocation.
- Listed Derivatives Analyst at Goldman Sachs
- Latin America Social Innovation Intern at Ashoka
- Teaching and Research Assistant at BYU Sociology Department
- Program Evaluation and Assessment Team Intern at Liahona Children's Foundation
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sociology
• Collect and clean TB-level option price datasets of target companies from Bloomberg and third-party data providers in order to apply option strategy and make prediction.
• Experiment option data with various time periods and strategies (covered call, protective put, collar); test and iterate on strategy development of selling call; reflect and adjust strategy implementation on basis of return. -Python
• Apply transferrable strategies on other stocks and S&P index to navigate pattern and create report of insights. -VBA
• Responsible for managing team of four in model developing, milestone management, task planning and researches.
• Final model can successfully earn 8% of profit in one-year base.
- Derivatives Analyst at Wellington Shields & Co LLC
- Financial Analyst at Changjiang
1 month at this Job
- MS in Applied - statistics and Decision-Making
- BS in Electronic Information Science and Technology - Electronic Information Science and Technology
• Monitored 25 client portfolios daily to verify for accuracy and compliance, in liaison with the operations team
• Performed financial and gap analysis on client portfolios, extracting data from Bloomberg and SQL database, and summarizing high level metrics of the portfolio using VBA
• Increased efficiency in notifying clients of daily corporate actions regarding their portfolios by creating a detailed MACROS spreadsheet with visual analytical interpretation in R
• Organized professional seminars for internal employees hosted by the Director of Credit Derivatives
- Credit Derivatives Analyst at Scotiabank
- Project Management Trainee at Rosemount- Emerson Process Management
- Engineering Intern at Energy Automation JLT
6 months at this Job
- MS Engineering Management - Database Management and Design
- BE - Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
• Subject matter expert for the Derivative Operations and Collateral Management functions; initiating and implementing escalation procedures, as well as documenting process improvements, to improve effectiveness
• Supported rapid growth by maximizing efficiency - including coordinating and launching 16 ISDAs and Credit Support Annexes (CSAs) across 4 funds for OTC trading
• Streamlined processes by creating and maintaining a summary of all core ISDA/CSA terms with links to all active agreements for ease of dissemination to senior management and audit
• Instrumental in organizing all facets of OTC Clearing including the on-boarding of Futures Clearing Merchants (FCMs) and incorporating new processes into the workflow and portfolio management systems
• Enhanced research and coordinated compliance with regulatory requirements: including, but not limited to, Dodd-Frank, EMIR for Derivatives, and several of ISDA's protocol adherences
• Established enduring relationships and responded to ad hoc requests from Portfolio Management, the Chief Financial & Operations Officer, ISDA Counterparties, ISDA negotiators, ICELink and IHS Markit
• Increased productivity by effectively cross-training and coaching 5 associates to handle the derivative and collateral management operational workflows
- Operations Associate / Derivatives Analyst at RP INVESTMENT ADVISORS LP (RPIA)
- Family Management at FAMILY MANAGEMENT
- Senior Analyst, Structured Products at CANADA PENSION PLAN INVESTMENT BOARD (CPPIB)
- Derivatives Collateral Analyst - Investment Finance, Public Markets at CANADA PENSION PLAN INVESTMENT BOARD (CPPIB)
3 years at this Job
- CFA Level II Candidate
- Various ISDA Trading Courses
- Other Relevant Industry Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- Microsoft Excel 2013 - Level 2 / Medium Certification
• Support the Bank Resource Management Repo Trading Desk by collateralizing all triparty and bilateral trade deals to ensure the firm's assets are fully funded
• Applied accounting principles to balance the Fixed Income and Equity books of business and report daily figures to the BRM trading desk
• Produce numerous daily reports for the trading desk regarding their equity figures, PB Target, collateral shortfalls, and summaries of the DOD changes in Assets and Liabilities
• Suggest methods to improve efficiency of daily processes and work with Senior Management and Technology teams to implement these ideas Prime Brokerage Margin
• Provided client service and financial analysis for Prime Brokerage clients (hedge funds) by correcting account discrepancies and providing detailed analysis of their portfolios
• Identified illogical 15c3-3 and RegT positions and filed extensions with FINRA
• Communicated account discrepancies with clients, Risk, and Compliance teams to determine how they will be corrected and then adjusted accounts accordingly
• Liaised with Risk teams, clients and Custodian Banks to approve tri-party movements
- Derivatives Analyst at Morgan Stanley
- Investment Club Research Analyst at Syracuse University
- Collateral Management Summer Analyst at Morgan Stanley
- Intern at New York State Office of the Attorney General
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics/Minor - Economics
Solutions * Establishes relationships with internal business leaders to determine optimal solutions for complex business needs pertaining to derivative strategies and lifecycles. Utilizing industry knowledge and expertise, as well as external service providers to support new processes or client requests. * Manages a team focused on business development projects related to derivatives-based products leading to mandates of over $10bn, from strategy development through to operational record keeping, leading to targeted onboarding mandates of 40 Act and Global UCITS products, while working with our Product Management, Technology, Front Office and Legal teams to assure operational compliance and readiness. * Manages projects relating to Global IT initiates, inclusive of internal and external vendors, both on and offshore. * Oversees internal system onboarding, upgrading and integration projects to enhance current state while utilizing automation to minimize operational risks and costs, which has led to 20% increase operational efficiency. * Develops proprietary reconciliation tools across multiple systems which led to 95% reduction in collateral management misstatements. * Investigates current state inquiries pertaining to operational and system workflows to streamline processes and develop cost-saving strategies to free up resources to allocate towards the future state of our accelerated growth strategy.
- Senior Derivatives Analyst - Business Development at Manulife Asset Management
- Relationship Manager - Loan Origination Team at Grand Coast Capital Group
- Assistant Vice President - Sales & Trading and Research at State Street Global Markets
- Senior Pricing Analyst at Wells Fargo Advantage Funds
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Investment Banking, Portfolio Management, Equity Analysis
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
• Assist on process improvement projects.
• Train current and new team members on processes and procedures.
• Process transactions related to trade capture and cash settlements.
• Identify and resolve complex issues within established guidelines.
• Run and create formal reports.
• Set up and maintain static data regarding pricing and exception resolution.
- SENIOR DERIVATIVES ANALYST at THE NORTHERN TRUST COMPANY
- MANAGER OF FINANICAL COMPLIANCE at THE CHICAGO HOUSING AUTHORITY
- CONTROLLER at BDC MEDIA GROUP, INC
- SECURITIES ANALYST at THE NORTHERN TRUST COMPANY
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - ACCOUNTING
* Futures & options trade analysis, reconciliation, payment & settlement * Code Excel macros, analyze data sets, draft client reports * Create procedure documents & train other employees * Recognized by key client for exceptional work
- Senior Derivatives Analyst at Northern Trust
- Volunteer at OutBKK
- Collateral Analyst at UBS Investment Bank
- Research Analyst at Spectrum Brands
6 months at this Job
- - International Finance + International Marketing
- Masters in Business Administration - Finance, Accounting
- - Accounting, Finance, and Business Economics
- Associate - Global Studies, International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
• Liaise with traders to validate daily positions and identify profit and loss discrepancies.
• Deliver and dispute margin calls throughout the day in a timely manner using a third-party platform.
• Create risk reports and outline the risk factors to effectively improve current processes.
• Assist software developers in the automation of various manual tasks.
• Transfer large quantities of Treasury Bills weekly for collateral management purposes.
• Execute monthly reporting and connect with senior management and product groups to discuss strategies for improvement.
• Train incoming interns in understanding and navigating our internal systems while managing personal tasks.
- Derivatives Analyst at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Year-Round Operations Intern at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson at Keller Williams Realty
8 months at this Job
- - Finance and Investments