Trading Options on underlying stocks, commodities, ETF's, and Indexes. Mentored by Gunter Meisner, Former Head of Options at Deutsche Bank, during Trading Derivatives course at HPU MBA program.
- DERIVATIVES TRADER at Self-Employed
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR, Waddell & Reed Seattle at Self-Employed
- MARKETING DIRECTOR at Cascade Community Wind Co
- SALES MANAGER - Part-time at Creative Openings Bellingham WA
21 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
• Trading personal capital using ETFs, individual stocks and their corresponding derivatives.
• Weekly tracking of capital at risk, return on capital and P&L for year-to-date performance.
- Derivatives Trader at Independent
- Reliability Engineer at General Electric Power (Axiem International)
- Applications Engineer at AFL
- Field Service Engineer at Emerson Process Management
17 years, 6 months at this Job
- - MBA
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
● Managing multiple strategies including natural gas, and oil market making via electronic and OTC trading.
● Incorporated relative value strategies to trade casual relationships across the forward curve.
● Researching and creating numerous trading strategies across several different commodities ranging from market making in natural gas and Brent/WTI products.
● Created market making algorithms to price the natural gas curve and implemented real-time adjustments system that improved order execution and risk management that helped raise the natural gas market making revenue. Worked with several developers to implement HFT strategies in FX and Natural Gas markets by providing execution and pricing logic via Direct Market Access across multiple exchanges.
● Developed, back tested, and implemented various intra-day trading algorithms in multiple commodities.
● Calculating daily P&L and positions for traders and helping keep track of trading throughout the day as a junior trader
- Junior Energy Derivatives Trader at Condor Alpha Asset Management
- Equities & Convertibles Trader Assistant, Consultant at Barclays Capital
- Market Risk & Control, Associate at BMO Capital Markets
- Trader Assistant, Consultant at Bank of New York Mellon
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mathematics
• Trading futures contracts or call and put options, managing a high probability range-bound portfolio, subjective to short vega positions and theta decay.
• Studied quantitative financial data research since 2012.
- Derivatives Trader at self employed
- Project Manager - Software & Operations at Engage Financial Technologies
- Business Analyst - Electronic Banking at Union Bank
- Project Manager & Business Analyst - Software Development at Verizon Networkfleet
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
Proprietary trading/financial services firm trading fixed income securities like STIR, bond futures, equities and commodities on the CME, ICE exchanges.
● Identified and analyzed trading opportunities by studying capital market conditions, key economic indicators and their impact on price movements and market expectations for STIR and bond futures
● Executed electronic trades through various hedging and directional trading strategies based on expected changes in the yield curve resulting in an average trading volume of 15,000 round turns per month
● Monitored positions and executed risk rebalancing transactions by evaluating quantitative research and financial market perspectives to maintain a positive diversified trading portfolio
● Recorded daily trades and reconciled positions to assess portfolio market risk, backtest and refine implemented trading strategies
- Derivatives Trader at Axxela Advisory Services LLP
- Business Analytics Associate at ZS Associates
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Quantitative and Computational Finance - Quantitative and Computational Finance
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Telecommunication
• Lead investment professional managing firm's medium-to-long duration derivative portfolio with the goal of exploiting relative volatility pricing differences. Responsible for portfolio construction, risk management, hedging and execution across multiple asset classes, including US listed equities, ETFs and ETNs
• Manage daily risk mitigation process, including adjusting position, sector, and market capitalization exposures; proactively developed new report detailing key metrics to improve overall portfolio risk visibility
• Develop and execute thematic trading ideas based on fundamental research and macroeconomic events, including deep dive analysis of relative movements between CDS pricing and implied volatility for individual companies
• Build robust proprietary datasets of historical realized and implied volatility, catalyst metrics and fundamental equity data used in volatility forecasting models, with 20+ million data points in aggregate
• Constructed and back-tested improvements to unprofitable legacy quantitative trading model for intraday earnings volatility, resulting in significant performance turnaround
- Derivatives Trader at GRACE HALL TRADING
- Equity Option Trader at PEAK6 INVESTMENTS
- Junior Trader at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Industrial and Operations Engineering
• Applied Buy/Write, Bull Put Spread, Call Calendar Spread, Long Call, and Short Call strategies to achieve consistent profits in a risk controlled manner
• Evaluated factors such as volatility, liquidity, and expected profit to determine appropriate price and size of trades.
• Analyzed technology sector using technical analysis and microeconomic research.
- Derivatives Trader at Self - Employed
- Stable Value Analyst at JP Morgan Asset Managment
- Controller at The Grayson Saves Foundation
- Junior Accountant at Boothwyn Pharmancy
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Finance
2012 - Present
• Developed discretionary trading strategies based on unique experience and deep understanding of market dynamics. Continuously improved proprietary trading methodology using a global macro approach achieving a 35% annual ROI.
• Utilized a blend of technical analysis, news flow, economic indicators, price action, tape reading, order flow, corporate earnings, volume studies, and arbitrage to successfully navigate markets resulting in 11/12 profitable quarters.
- Proprietary Commodity Derivatives Trader at
- Experienced interpreter at Bloomberg
- Senior Trader at Bloomberg
- Trader at Bloomberg
13 years at this Job
• Worked as part of a high-volume market making team to enhance trading strategies and opportunities with the goal of generating alpha
• Team was responsible for generating volume rebates through market making on ICE products; specifically, Brent, Gasoil, and Soft Calendar spread products
• Analyzed the teams trading performance and financial time series data with fundamental statistical theories for maintenance and improvement
• Used Trading Technologies ADL (Algo Design Lab) algorithmic software for systematic and data driven automated trading strategies
• Used financial modeling for back testing strategies
• Collaborated with various technology groups to understand, maintain, and improve our teams' electronic trading systems through proprietary software developed with Python and kdb
• Part of a beta test team to develop in house proprietary technology and give thoughtful technical feedback for improvement
• Worked hand in hand with IT department to develop kdb database to store and display large amounts of data, and display that data for utilization by all traders in the firm
• One of a select number of senior traders to mentor and train new trainee traders
- Senior Derivatives Trader at Geneva Trading
- Junior Trader at Geneva Trading
- Runner/Clerk at Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Recruiter at Mitchell Consulting
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
- Masters of Science in Information Technology and Cyber Security - Information Technology
• Co-traded $26mm volatility portfolio containing over 300 individual equity positions across all market sectors
• Executes trades using relative value volatility strategies, fundamental analysis, and market impacting news
• Inputs discretionary implied volatility forecasts for each security to calculate edge and facilitate trading
• Writes monthly investor newsletter to clients discussing market dynamics and portfolio performance and outlook
• Collaborates with quantitative analysts to uncover market mispricings and trades with maximum profit potential
• Maintains positive convexity in portfolio; delivers daily summary and risk analysis spreadsheets to clients
- Equity Derivatives Trader at GoldenStone Investments, LP
- Equity Derivatives Trader at Spot Trading, LLC
- Consultant at FactSet Research Systems
- HOLT Investment Strategy Summer Analyst at Credit Suisse Securities LLC
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Finance, Entrepreneurship & Corporate Innovation