•Able to speak publicly and present material clearly
•Able to explain complicated concepts in more simple terms
•Experience coordinating a group of people's daily tasks to complete a common goal or meet deadlines
•Able to write analytically and persuasively and explain complicated concepts in more simple terms
•Able to teach and train employees to complete their daily responsibilities
•Qualified translator from Spanish
•Able to proofread and edit translated material in English, Spanish and French
•Qualified translator from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
•Competent interpreter from Spanish to English and English to Spanish Computer and Office
•Able to use Word, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, SDL Trados, Macs and PCs.
•Competent desktop publisher
•Experience using the Internet for research purposes
•Able to use multimedia tools for teaching Interpersonal
•Able to interact well with people of different ages and cultures
- Desktop publisher at Icon Health & Fitness
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Second Language Teaching - MSLT
- B.A. - Law and Constitutional Studies
I am a freelance writer and desktop publisher specializing in magazine, brochure and flyer designer for a variety of different subjects. My specific niche is in sports, wellness and lifestyle, though I've completed jobs in architecture, design, car sales and meditation/spirituality fields. I also have a background in sports writing and have been published on several sports blogs and internet magazines. I describe myself as a fact-driven writer, focusing on non-fiction and current events.
- Freelance Writer & Desktop Publisher at Freelance/Self employed
- Merchandising Specialist at Guitar Center
- Senior Marketing Coordinator at Riviera Bronze MFG
- Marketing Analyst at Riviera Bronze MFG
2 months at this Job
- MA - Marketing
- B.A - Communication
• Creating ads for Realtors using PageMaker and InDesign, converting the ads to PDF's then preparing them to be sent to the printing company.
• Proofreading and correcting files as needed.
• Editing photos in Photoshop Assistant Receptionist
• Answered a multi-line phone system and was responsible for taking accurate messages and directing calls to the appropriate department.
• Fax and/or scan documents, various filing & record management. Customer Service
• Assisting customers from 40 + magazines on a variety of issues regarding advertising, including technical problems and the use of website and ad submission.
- Desktop Publisher-Assistant Receptionist-Customer Service at Homes & Lifestyles Magazine
26 years, 5 months at this Job
I worked a variety of tasks in a three person crew in a busy work environment. I handled everything from desktop publishing, graphic design, email response and customer service, printing services, customer consultation, and cashiering. Generally, I was expected to handle cashiering for most customers coming in to pick up orders. I have a good grasp of math, and money, I know how to count change and cash out the till at the end of day. I also handled end of day bookkeeping in tandem with the senior employee of the time. As part of only a three person team, including the business owner, I successfully helped keep everything running in a smooth basis, completing most orders on a same day, next day basis.
- Desktop Publisher at Mike's Print and Copy
- Desktop Publisher at Mike's Print and Copy
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school
● Selected Subject Matter Expert (SME)in process improvement initiative for Desktop Publishing Department. ◦ Paired up with manager to implement new metric and workflow tools for department. ◦ Convene bi-monthly with upper management to discuss implementation of new process improvements. ◦ Work with IT developer to create new database that will track work through different stages of development. Tool will also be used inter-departmentally once developed to allow key players a real time status update on their projects.
● Continue role as leader of department's quality assurance team.
- Desktop Publisher IV at Covance Central Laboratories, CCLS
- Desktop Publisher III at Covance Central Laboratories, CCLS
- Desktop Publisher II at Covance Central Laboratories, CCLS
- Event Intern at John J. Lothian & Company Inc
1 month at this Job
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
• Effectively communicate across departments in order to create the ship's daily program
• Uphold company brand standards throughout all print and digital works
• Assist revenue partners with executing new ideas to exceed their revenue targets
- Desktop Publisher at Celebrity Cruises
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Graphic Design
Created and edited technical reports for our clients, including the California Department of Education; researched and collected data for reports using Google Analytics and other applications; wrote, edited, and desktop published (using Adobe InDesign) the company's Corporate Capabilities document and other collateral (blogs, articles, sell sheets, emails, etc.) for marketing; created (designed and wrote) the company's newsletter; created templates for different document types (specifications, reports, Request for Proposals (RFPs), etc.; created style guides and checklists to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency; assisted with the Quality Control (QC) process for packaging and shipping test materials to school districts; reviewed and edited the company's website
- Writer, Editor, Desktop Publisher at Educational Data Systems
- Senior Technical Editor at CPI, Inc
- Production Editor, Education Services Department at Xilinx
- Copy Editor/Proofreader at Bay Area Labels
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- BA - English
Recently worked as one of four desktop publishers providing proposal development support to numerous capture managers, proposal managers, and proposal coordinators in both classified and unclassified formats, to include developing roadmaps/templates based on Requests for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), Task Orders (TO), Evaluation Notices (EN), and Final Request for Proposal (FRFP) requirements for the teams/authors. This involved formatting text, inserting graphics, preparing documents for color review teams, and final production for delivery. Assisted with sealed cost packages for Prime Contractor as necessary. Was responsible for creating an electronic library of shredded proposals to include topic matrices, uploading awarded proposals, maintaining electronic library topics matrices, and performing key word searches on archived proposals when requested. Also was responsible for converting files from .pdf to Word or other form, scanning, punching and/or binding documents, as needed.
- Senior Analyst - Proposals (Desktop Publisher) at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Proposal Administrator at Covenant Homeland Security Solutions, Ltd
- Proposal Development Specialist at Wackenhut Services, Inc
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- HS diploma - Business
I worked for Chestnut Global Partners a EAP for many years we started out with only 5 people. I helped out with all office functions we grew into a global EAP that was bought out by a large company out of Toronto. I helped build CGP into a global company. I went above and beyond in my role. I am loyal and dedicated with a strong work ethic. I love to help people.
- Desktop Publisher at Chestnut Global Partners
23 years, 6 months at this Job
Managed the day to day operations of a small Printing Company
- Office Manager / Desktop Publisher at Kernwood/Forbes Press
19 years, 3 months at this Job
- High School Graduate - Business
- High school or equivalent