• Desktop Support for Corporate office. 200+ Employees
• Build, troubleshoot and maintain Desktops / Laptops Windows 7 and WX
• Active Directory
• MS Office 365
• Masergy VOIP service
• Printer Configurations
• MAC OS
• Open Source
• Asset Management
• Delegate dutites to 3 others.
• Hardware Purchasing for New Install Locations across US
• Coordinate Installs with Tech Team and Local IT if needed
- DESKTOP SUPPORT MANAGER at WILLIAM HILL US
- IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST at WILLIAM HILL US
- Admin Desktop Support at WILLIAM HILL US
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENT/SUPERVISOR at WILLIAM HILL US
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Worked with desktop technicians using Manage Engine, BMC and Triactive remedy to support globally appx. 30000+ users for any desktop issues in windows XP/Win7, 8, 10, Apple MAC and MS Office 2003/2007 /2010 /2013 environment.
• Responsible for software distribution, remote access, standard computing hardware, self-service portal, hardware inventory, license management, proactive computing infrastructure health checks and provide all levels of support.
• Provided guidance to desktop team with software distribution (SMS, SCCM) include application packaging, MS patches, application patches and other standard deployments.
• Responsible for all corporate platforms including mobile devices for email access, virtual desktop and remote desktops.
• Worked with desktop team to troubleshoot ticket / queues for volume and ensure all incidents are logged, tracked and resolved in accordance with policies and SLA**s.
• Reviewed weekly and monthly Remedy statistics to ensure service levels are being met.
• Highly motivated, detail oriented, able to multitask projects and able to work well with others.
• Evaluated team performance and develop staff.
• Developed work schedules, assigned daily departmental tasks, track attendance and overtime, etc.
• Very strong analytical skills as well as strong project management skills and people skills. In addition, I have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Resolved and reported various desktop / Infrastructure issues to management.
• Excellent leadership capabilities, coaching and troubleshooting skills that can influence behaviors.
- Helpdesk / Desktop Support Manager at Crum and Forster
- Application Support / Desktop Support / IT Manager (Consultant) at Becton, Dickinson and company
- Sr. Desktop Support Analyst / Project manager (Consultant) at Mellon Investment Services
- Administrator / Sr. Desktop Support Analyst at Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- Microsoft Certified Professional) ID
Managing a team of 3, with a population of 85 employees' remote and onsite. Overseeing daily initiatives through our internal ticketing system, identifying end user and clients needs. Coordinated the desktop refresh program through out its life cycle. Established business needs to the CEO and presented best-case use scenarios.
• Researched, developed and launched a cloud based multi portal internal and external client ticketing system leveraging several benefits such as reducing walk up and email requests. Training for all staff was documented and provided. Calls to helpdesk have been reduced to almost non-existent state and are able to track issues, and a continually developing FAQ with these enhancements. An average of $4K per month in employee salary cost savings has been averaged.
• Hosted weekly end user lunch and learn employee technical training sessions. Calls and open tickets to helpdesk have been reduced by 80% with an annual average of $50K in salary cost savings.
• Architected a Windows 10 Refresh Program as a part of launching a concurrent hoteling environment. Quoted, procured, profiled and installed 75+ new laptops, desktops and all peripheral hardware within a 90-day timeline utilizing Active Directory, Webroot, Bitlocker, and group policy. Created desktop rollout procedures and documentation. Reduced the imaging process to one hour from 4+ hours. The team is now able to image 10+ workstations simultaneously while relieving technical team members to support the company's needs.
• Procured and managed cloud based software solutions; Office 365, Adobe, Azure, Drop box, Drive, iCloud.
• Establish, review, approve and process quotes, requisitions and purchase orders.
• Designed and implemented a height adjustable work space environment by installing electronic sit/stand desks. Through medical research, sitting has been found to be the new smoking. Using this information, I was able to deploy a heart healthy solution. Employees have stated there is reduced bodily fatigue and an annual average savings of $25,000 in submitted health insurance claims.
• Team supervision including on boarding, goal setting, quarterly team checkpoints, and annual reviews and new hire scouting.
• Implemented desktop security with Webroot, CCleaner, and MS Bitlocker.
• Designed and implemented a fully functional hoteling environment for 85 cubicles, 5 board rooms and many conference rooms with resources leveraging Asure. Users are now able to book their workspaces, meeting rooms and boardrooms electronically via an internal / external web portal or through an interactive outlook plug in.
- Senior Desktop Support Manager at The Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Desktop Support Lead Manager at CEANNATE CORP
- Senior Desktop Support / Lead Trader Support Engineer at BP Oil - ProSource, Inc
- Lead Senior Desktop Manger and Network Support Engineer at CIBER, Inc
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Computer & Sound Engineering
Rose through progressive technical management roles to administer and optimize IT infrastructure, systems, servers, desktops, and peripherals supporting 5000+ Capital Markets users within high stress, 'zero-error' real-time trading floor environment.
Install, configure, support and maintain all trading systems, Active Directory environment, and market data applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, Market Q, Kobra 3000Xtra. Analyze business and user needs; recommend, test and roll out new products; and execute project management/planning initiatives. Assign policies that dictate software, patches, and reboot timers to Active Directory objects using HP OVCM Enterprise Manager. Interface extensively with Business Managers, Auditors, and Legal Teams to ensure full compliance with SLAs and strict U.S./international financial industry regulations. Mentor and coach project teams and junior staff members. Singlehandedly coordinate team IT/information security functions, including vulnerability and threat management (VTM), user permissioning, entitlement review, antivirus/monitoring tools, systems backup/ restore and disaster recovery
Successes & Solutions:
• Instituted failover procedures and eliminated bottlenecks while ensuring highly responsive user support and 100% availability of all applications, network connectivity and security.
• Presided over semi-annual Disaster Recovery tests with clients to guarantee maximum data/application integrity and availability across multiple remote sites.
• Commended for 'above and beyond' performance after staying on site for 3 nights during Hurricane Irene to monitor and ensure security of all trading floors. Successes & Solutions:
• Partnered with Business Unit Manager in conducting comprehensive quarterly Client Entitlement reviews of Data and Application access for 5000+ Capital Markets users.
• Assessed and recommended industry leading technology solutions and tactical action plans to reduce and mitigate risk while strengthening overall IT/data security.
• Noted for updating and consolidating Business Continuity Plans for all Citi technology groups.
• Won fast-track, successive promotions based upon consistently exceeding corporate expectations for management, technical acumen, and dedication to excellence. Notable Projects:
• Executed exhaustive VTM (Vulnerability & Threat Management) identification and remediation procedure, resulting in elimination of vulnerability on 3000+ PCs and servers. Won enthusiastic praise and award from senior managers for successful efforts.
• Championed and coordinated major project to restructure and enhance Active Directory, including separation of Private and Public groups, and data resources as well as enforcement of Chinese wall policy to attain regulatory compliance.
• Eliminated costly trading floor outages by leading large-scale network upgrade that resolved critical Cisco software bugs.
• Headed high profile project initiative to upgrade all PC hardware, install Windows 7 and vital trading applications for over 5000 Capital Markets users.
• Fueled significant improvement in network speed and performance by upgrading network and PCs on 7 trading floors from 10/100 Mbps to Gigabit Ethernet.
• Planned and coordinated server consolidation utilizing VMware- ESX server, Virtual Center, Converter and VI clients. Triggered immediate and measurable improvements in efficiency, productivity, and cost savings.
• Spearheaded initial introduction and deployment of new market data application, Reuter-Kobra 3000; subsequently implemented on a global level.
• Coordinated 5 direct reports in $17 million project encompassing build-out and relocation of 600+ users and PCs/monitors/printers/network devices to newly renovated trading floor within 2 weeks. Completed project on time, within budget, and with zero business disruption.
• Coordinated high profile Xerox printer management initiative in outsourcing of printer responsibilies to third party company which resulted in large cost savings for Citi.
- Vice President, Desktop Support Manager at CITIGROUP INC. - CAPITAL MARKETS
- Systems Administrator at CITIGROUP INC
- Computer Consultant at PEAK SYSTEMS INC
7 years at this Job
Serve as the Desktop Support Manager of all desktop support and deployment functions, managing the day to day operations ofthe Stakeholder Support Team with various projects, programs, and initiatives. Work across the organization to successfully establish, plan, and implement IT Policies and Procedures, ensuring alignment with overall business strategy and operations. Provide and guarantee excellent delivery of services across the entire desktop support lifecycle, including planning, delivery, and incident management, escalations, and resolutions. Provide exemplary technical support to end users, troubleshooting hardware, software and network related issues and ensuringprompt and thorough resolution. Oversee 5 support technicians and foster the development of a high functioning, excellent technical support team byimplementing improved documentation, processes, and procedures for more streamlined service. Train, coach, and mentor staff, leveraging leadership skills to maximize employee engagement and drive excellence in businessservice availability, end-user support, technology asset management, and scheduling. Conduct set-up, onboarding, and provision of user accounts, managing permissions, user access, and licensing to varioussystems, applications, and software. Direct employee and stakeholder education offerings, including content development and logistics for training delivery with ITOrientation, Conference Room Technology training, Pilot Program, and weekly Tip of the Day.
- Desktop Support Manager at International Capital & Management Company
- Desktop Administrator at International Capital & Management Company
- Systems Administrator at Glacial Energy
- Systems Analyst at Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Scient - Computer Science
- Information Systems Management
● Managed 30 direct reports across various infrastructure teams (Desktop, Account Admins, Cabling, etc) across multiple sites, including out of state remote employees.
● Created Key Performance Indicator reports in Excel with data from the Ticketing system to run on a weekly basis to provide to upper management
● Established Standard Operating Procedures for several technical processes and created a document repository for the team to utilize
- Desktop Support Manager at Turner Techtronics INC
- Assistant Desktop Support Manager at Turner Techtronics INC
- Desktop Support Technician at Turner Techtronics INC
- Service Desk Technician at Turner Techtronics INC
9 months at this Job
- - Computer Networking
• Installing Windows Servers from scratch
• Creating Domain Controllers with a linked base
• Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
• Set up Firewall (DMZ ) to protect sensitive Data
• Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments
• Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
• Train new users for new assigned PCs and mobile devices
• Group training for new Office software
• Troubleshoot Citrix, GoToMyPC, and BMC
• Install, Configure, troubleshoot Citrix (Server, Desk side)
• Citrix virtual Desktops and Servers to minimize cost
• Manage all I.T related projects from start to end
• Manage activities and personnel associated with providing technical support
• Identifying, Prioritizing, and Confirming resolution of reported problems
• Ensure that all phases of desktop support are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved
• Configure network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls )
• Set clear team schedule, goals, and expectations
• Delegate tasks and set deadlines
• Utilize connectWise to manage team performance and report on metrics
• Perform regular ticket audit to recognize success and identify opportunities for improvement
• Participate in the interview process to vet qualified team members
• Listen to team members' feedback and resolve issues or conflicts in a timely manner
• Dealing directly with vendors and service providers to ensure quality and performance with follow up
• Identify team member development need and coach accordingly
• Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
• Creating stable and smooth operating environment for all team members
• Identify, troubleshoot and correct issues with corporate systems in order to ensure that employees are always not only satisfied, but extremely happy with both the process and resolution of the issue WORK EXPERIENCE
- I.T. Desktop Support Manager at WRIGHT I.T LLC
- Service Desk analyst at LEFRAK ORGANIZATION
- SonicWALL, Watch guard at HELP
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Bilingual
- Desktop Support Manager at Protect Plus Air, LLC
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and software/system updates on desktops, laptops and virtual machines including roaming profiles local and roaming profile issues (in person or remotely)
• Setup and configured desktops and laptops for new users along with applications needed.
• Identify and remove security threats (virus/spyware/malware).
• Plan work schedule for assigned staff to accomplish daily workloads
• Active involvement in employee development through training, coaching and performance management
• Manage the overall services performance and results of projects for company such as BestBuy, JP Morgan Chase, Dell, HP and other corporations.
• Develop key performance indicators (KPI) and provide regular reporting for management on project activities and metrics
• Negotiate with vendors to provide to reduce cost for customers
- Desktop Support Manager at NEWMAN'S COMPUTER SOLUTIONS
- IT Operation Administrator II (promotion) at CenturyLink, formerly Level 3 Communications
- IT Support Technician II at CenturyLink, formerly Level 3 Communications
- IT Support Analyst II at Monroe City School Board
20 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Computer Engineering
- B.S. - Computer Information Systems
* US Department of Labor Enterprise Service Desk. * Assistied with the transition of 7 domains and 22 agencies into a consolidated Enterprise Service Desk, supporting more than 16,000 users world wide. * Managed 53 technicians across 17 regional sites. * Utilized Crystal Reports to generate ad-hoc reports for Remedy ticket data. * Performed regular audits on technician's Remedy tickets to ensure standards and expectations were met. * Conducted one on one calls with technicians to review the findings in the audited tickets. Provided suggestions for how to improve resolution times, clarity of documentation, and provided positive reinforcement when they exceeded the standard expectations. * Provided regular reports to various programs for their user's open tickets. * Participated in regular meeting with programs to discuss open tickets and provide resolution to escalated issues. * Monitored incoming tickets for Service Level Agreement performance. * Conducted weekly conference calls with technicians to announce new processes, upcoming changes to the environment, and provided updates on current IT project initiatives.
- Desktop Support Manager at NuAxis Innovations
- Deputy Project Manager at Exceed Corporation
- Helpdesk Manager at Intact Technology
- Helpdesk Manager at Exceed Corporation
4 years at this Job
- High School Diploma