Senior Desktop Support Specialist - dealt with all issues concerning personal computers, networking, etc. Retired after 20+ years service.
- Desktop Support Specialist at UNC Health Care
20 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Associate Degree in Data Processing
Currently working as a Desktop Support Specialist to provide support for local and remote users. Current responsibilities include the following: - First in line to provide general I.T. support. This includes working on hardware, software, and basic networking issues. - Desktop/laptop build and setup for local and remote users. - Basic setup and configuration of company cell phones. - Assist senior colleagues when needed. - Maintain and keep track of inventory weekly.
- Desktop Support Specialist at The McGowan Companies
- Help Desk Technician at System Care Inc
- Sandwich Artist at Subway Restaurant
1 year at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Electronics Engineering Technology - Computer Maintenance and Networking
- Associate - Arts
- High school
Desktop Support Specialist I provides a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the Customer organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC software to ensure optimal workstation performance. He/she will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end‐user assistance where required. The technician assists in the maintenance of corporate network components and works with the Corporate Information Systems Network Administrator to help ensure the effective operation of corporate systems. Responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of corporate PCs and the associated software at the client Responsible for the installation, upgrading, and configuration of corporate operating systems and application Provide remote, telephone and in‐person support in all departments as determined by the Desktop Services Scheduling of service visit to customer location if necessary Diagnosis of customer’s computing problem utilizing manufacturer provided diagnosis tools, skills acquired via official training and individual experience Develop and install Software Images and desktop image management Software Upgrades, Problem Diagnosis, Software Configuration, Training (spot training to deal with specific ticket related issues Database Support (for department databases only) Hand Held Device Support Desktop to Network Problem Diagnosis Printers, Plotters and Peripheral Support Preventative Maintenance Processes and Reporting for printers Update of service call status to the customer Monitoring of assigned service calls and appropriate follow‐up activities Communication of resolution activities to the customer Provide consistent, high‐quality service and respond in a positive manner to change in corporate policy and procedures as well as changes to the customer’s. Actively using SCCM, Active directory, Remote desktop system to help resolve computer issues, Creating users, deleting, granting access, and deploying new update and re-imaging computers
- Desktop Support Specialist at Dallas County Office of Information Technology
- Laptop/Desktop Technician at SMS InfoComm Corporation
- PC Technician at Phoenix Technologies
- Desktop Support Technician at Eagle Group
5 months at this Job
Supporting SoCal Gas & SDGE ) - Los Angeles, California July 2016 - Present
CompuCom provides IT managed services, infrastructure solutions, consulting and products to Fortune 1000 companies committed to enhancing their end users' experience.
Desktop Support Specialist
• Primary resource for the testing and deployment of new OS and software updates. Responsibilities include, testing new software updates to validate all delivered products meet the requirements and work as expected; creating and distributing documentation to end users and support staff; working with Desktop Engineering to develop deployment strategies; monitor deployments and provide reports to management; conduct post deployment meetings to provide deployment details and address any reported issues; meet with department heads to discuss and record any lessons learned.
• Developed various PowerShell scripts used to perform actions such as making OS changes, managing user profiles, managing hardware components, adding/removing programs and applications.
• Created, tested and managed many Group Policies used to configure various OS and Software settings.
• Responsible for the inventory of 300 computers used for testing purposes at various remote sites. Responsibilities included, imaging the computers, installing all company required programs such as security applications and OS updates, delivery and recovery of loaned computers, and maintaining accurate inventory records.
• Assisted with the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade rollout. Responsibilities included, imaging the new devices and loading all required software, working with end users to schedule an upgrade appointment, delivering the new hardware and providing hardware details, performing data backup on old device, restoring data to new device, assisting end users with Windows logon process and validating program functionality, assisted with all reported issues and/or questions.
- Desktop Support Specialist at CompuCom
- Information Systems Consultant at MetLife
- Network Engineer at Computer Sciences Corporation
- Senior Help Desk Analyst at
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Technology
* Desktop Support Specialist for multiple Executive and management personnel * Setup and deploy newly imaged laptops and desktops * Manage users Active directory accounts * Configure Apple, Mac and Android devices for use email, printing and file access * Setup users for remote access using RSA, Citrix, WebEx * Train users an multiple Windows platforms * Create and update tickets using Remedy
- Desktop Support Specialist at AIM Specialty Health
- Network and Desktop Support at Mizuho Securities LLC
- LAN Administrator-Engineer at KDDIA
- Independent Consultant at Febus Inc
7 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science degree - Electronics
Working as a contractor with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as Desktop Support Specialist.
• Install, configure, maintain and desktops and laptops
• Supporting PC's/Desktop/Laptop users and resolving any issues with Microsoft, Adobe, Word, Office, PowerPoint or any other deployed software.
• Providing phone and in-person support to users for various systems, including e-mail, user account administration, active directory, standard desktop images and applications
• Troubleshooting network connections issues
• Installed software, upgraded memory, replaced hard drives, and setup new workstations.
• Reimaging and encrypting hard drives Assisted remote users connecting via VPN and Citrix
- Desktop Support Specialist II at Belcan LLC
- Senior Desktop Support Specialist at ManTech International
- IT Support Specialist at McDonald Bradley Inc
- Computer Specialist at 3H TECHNOLOGY, L.L.C
10 months at this Job
- Cybersecurity Assoc. of Applied Science - Applied Science
• Respond to IT Help Desk requests and tickets of employees to troubleshoot issues with PC
• Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers and laptops
• Set up computer work stations for new employees
• Assemble, configure, test, and install new hardware and software to all users
• Maintain profiles of individual computers, updating profile after reported issues are resolved
- Desktop Support Specialist at Venture Capital Informational Technology Support (VCIT)
4 years, 9 months at this Job
Provide end user IT support to Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Headquarters personnel for classified and unclassifed desktop, laptop, wireless, and mobile device services. Analyze, resolve, and track customer requests for support via NAVFAC support ticketing system (STS). Manage NAVFAC file shares, security groups, and email distribution lists. Draft IT documentation for standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices. Image, configure, and troubleshoot end user devices with STIG-compliant Secure Host Baseline (SHB) OS images. Assist with issuing/gathering end user IT hardware for NAVFAC HQ personnel. Maintain and troubleshoot printers/MFDs. Provide telecommunications support for command wireless requirements. Image iOS devices with Apple Configurator blueprints. Serve as lead Purebred agent for enrolling NAVFAC HQ telecom end users in DoD’s mobile-derived credentials program. (Purebred agent status conferred 11/2018).
- Desktop Support Specialist at CJ Seto Support Services, LLC - NAVFAC HQ CIO, Washington Navy Yard
- Independent Contractor at Freelance IT Consultant
- Political Sales Coordinator/Staff Assistant/etc at NCC Media/US Senate Commerce Committee/Georgetown University
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Government - Democracy and Governance
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- System support and troubleshooting - Program installations and updates via remote desktop - Hardware installations - Cat 5 Punch downs (Ethernet) Sr.Telecommunications Specialist - Managed Verizon Voip in-house phones and accounts - Managed company sponsered employee mobile accounts (AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile) - Submitted monthly billing reports detailing usage for international voice and data - Accepted and fullfilled all device requests for travel - Trouble shooting for both ios and Android devices - User eligibility upgrade checks and fullfullment of orders
- Mac Desktop Support Specialist at AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile
- Freelance at Print Production
- Art Director for Creative Development in Beauty at Publicis USA
- Senior Graphic artist at Lancôme (L'Oreal)
2 years at this Job
at TerraForm Power Inc. (Contractor)
• Represented Contech Systems, Inc. at TerraForm Power, Inc. as tier1 and tier2 IT/Network/Desktop Support Specialist which includes receiving and resolving helpdesk tickets and escalating to tier3 when necessary during the transition from SunEdison/TerraForm.
• Managed all daily operations of the helpdesk system at the Bethesda site for TerraForm Power Inc. which includes creating, assigning, resolving/complete and closing helpdesk ticket using Cayzu ticketing system and/or SharePoint and ensuring all issues are being resolved in a timely manner to customer satisfaction while maintaining S.O.P.
• Responsible for setting up of New Hire laptops with access to all IT resources as required by the Onboarding documentation for the specific Employee or Contractor.
• Imaging of all new laptops/desktop using Clonezilla or Symantec Ghost and deploying all software application following the guidelines of TerraForm Power IT protocols.
• Responsible for windows 7 to Windows 10 migration; ensuring backup, recovery and data restoration for all Users before, during and after both email and data migration; providing post migration support.
• Support desktop environments for both local and remote/international sites using remote desktop tools (Bomgar or Skype for Business) and other support tools, to include troubleshooting and resolving issues with desktop computers, monitors, laptops, mobile devices (cell phones, tablets), printers and other peripherals as they arise.
• Tested and implemented new desktop technologies/strategies such as desktop virtualization (Microsoft Hyper V), Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure, Druva inSync backup storage, new versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office 365.
• Provided onsite and remote/telephone support to users for various systems, including Windows (7 & 10) Operating systems Microsoft Office (2010, 2016 & O365), Outlook email, Skype for Business, LAN/WAN, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, active directory user account administration (create, unlock and reset user account) and all SunEdison/TerraForm desktop and web applications to include, SharePoint, HFM, SAP, SAM, BOX, etc
• Responsible for setting up of Board Rooms for Board meetings and other important events which includes telephones and Audio/Video equipment.
• Participate in the review of current/existing desktop processes and assist with developing and implementing solutions to automate manual processes
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing desktop standard operation procedures; create project documentation and end user instructional manual for any new projects assigned in a timely manner.
• Curating records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities and prepare weekly helpdesk/desktop support report for presentation in meetings and other record keeping.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining inventory of all IT/Network equipment including laptops, desktops, routers, switches, Servers, printers, Audio/Video Conference equipment and desk phones
• Worked closely with System Admin, network Engineer and Project Manager in developing an image for TerraForm Power, Inc. for the transition from SunEdison.
• Work closely with Executives for acquisitions and approvals and organizing hardware repairs with the appropriate Vendors to support the mission and vision of SunEdison/TerraForm
• Performed all other duties as assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
- Desktop Support Specialist at Contech Systems Inc
- Desktop Support Technician at Volunteers of America
- IT Support Technician (Contract) at Child Fund Sierra Leone
- Help Desk Technician (Internship) at ICT Training Complex and Consultancy
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science