2014 - YTD Development Director at Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putnam Manage: Major Gifts: WV State Neighborhood Investment Program, Individual One-on-One Requests Grants: Private, Corporate, Public State Annual Gifts: Social Media Online Gifts, Mass Mail, Telephone, Benevon Sessions & Event Special Events: Dinner Corporate Gifts: Build Sponsors, Event Sponsors Faith Gifts: Build Sponsors Planned Gifts: One-on-one Estate Requests, Memorials
- Development Director at Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putanm
- Vice President of Marketing & Development at Easter Seals Arc of NE Indiana
- Community Relation Director, CEO Whitley Innovations, CEO of Foundation at Parkview Whitley Hospital
- Sales of Real Estate at
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Associates - Academy
- - Wells Fargo Leadership Coach Training
• Development Director of HSU beginning in June 2013, building a fundraising, social media, and marketing strategy from the ground up.
• Successfully grew under my direct supervision the following departments of HSU: volunteer, retail, adoption outreach, and humane education. Successfully founded the following departments of HSU: development, special events, social media and digital advertising.
• Worked directly with the Executive Director to build and implement a new five-year strategic plan in 2015 and 2016, which included reaching no-kill standards, enhancing my many departments mentioned above, and building a new Executive team consisting of new director level positions (Marketing/Comm., Finance and Shelter Operations) to grow all revenue streams of HSU. This strategic plan and my departments have resulted in an increase of $4-million in revenue per year from 2013 to 2018.
• Create and oversee all fundraising initiatives and budgets for a diversified development strategy that grows the membership base of HSU, including direct mail, digital advertising, social media, newsletters, special events, corporate sponsorships, grant writing, planned giving, and earned service revenue.
• Research and develop the programs of HSU by identifying goals and funding needs, including humane education, transfer and rescue, pet retention and coordinated entry, training and behavior, and foster care. Work with the management team to identify all program and department needs, and execute program funding and goal timelines. Track and report on all expenses and program progress to ensure financial transparency and the availability of future funding opportunities.
• Cultivate, retain and steward relationships with all individual donors, community groups, corporate sponsors, foundations, the media, and other animal welfare groups.
• Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting to funders, the Executive Director and the Board of Directors at all times. Work directly with the Finance Director for accurate reporting for budgets, 990s and annual audits.
• Create HSU's annual report each year and identify high-level organizational goals for the next year. Includes the creation of updated organizational boilerplates and website content each year.
• In partnership with the Executive Director, report directly to the Board of Directors in all board meetings and annual meetings.
• Consistently maintain an image of professionalism and passion for HSU, serving as one of the primary spokespersons of the organization at all events, on social media, and in traditional media outlets.
- Development Director at Humane Society of Utah
- Volunteer Coordinator at Utah Food Bank
- Accounting Manager at Ikano Communications Inc
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Administration
- Nonprofit Financial Management Certification
- Bachelor's - Political Science
- Bachelor's - Sociology
Development Director for a 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization that helped low or restricted income individuals and families, find safe and affordable housing.
- Development Director at Tilted Halo Services, Inc.
- Caregiver at PeopleCare Health Services
- Cashier, Bartender, Cook at PJ's/Steeleville Liquor
- Individual Aide at Steeleville Grade School CUSD #138
1 year at this Job
Houston, TX - Non-profit organization who provides year-round sports
training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
Development Director for the Law Enforcement Torch Run, 5/2017 to 1/2019
Worked as the Law Enforcement Torch Run Director (LETR) in the East Region (Houston, Beaumont and Galveston) focusing on fundraising event production and Law Enforcement recruitment to SOTX LETR
• Produced various types of events for Law Enforcement officers to participate and fundraise for Special Olympics Texas. Some of the events are Bowling with Badges, Polar Plunges, 5K's runs and walks, Fire Truck Pulls and luncheons just to name a few.
• Assist Regional Executive Director in the East Region produce and manage LETR events to help reach their individual area budget goal.
• Promote the importance of law enforcement participation in the UNIFIED concept programs and the benefits it provides to the athletes and the community.
• Media and public relations liaison for the Houston and surrounding areas regarding the participation of Law Enforcement officers in the SOTX events.
• Key personnel in activation of Special Olympics Games.
• Strong relationships with our Special Olympics athletes and their families.
• Budget and volunteer management
- Development Director at SPECIAL OLYMPICS TEXAS
- Executive Director at DOWN SYNDROME ASSOCIATION OF HOUSTON
- National Sales Promotions Director at UNIVISION RADIO COMMUNICATION
- Promotions Director at
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Media and Communications
Journeyman International is a nonprofit organization that coordinates and designs sustainable humanitarian projects such as schools, orphanages, clinics, vocational centers, and sustainable farming centers. As Development Director, I plan and manage the fundraising efforts of this nonprofit, obtaining corporate and private sponsors for green humanitarian projects that are designed by Journeyman International volunteers. My work involves conducting donor prospecting research, maintaining a donor database, engaging in telephone outreach and letter campaigns, cultivating major donors, composing and sending out newsletters, conducting grant research and writing, training volunteer fundraisers, and networking to form partnerships with companies and NGOs. My proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe software has enabled me to generate multi-media fundraising materials.
- Development Director at Journeyman International, Inc
- Development Coordinator at Journeyman International, Inc
- Aide to Children with Disabilities and Respite Care Worker at United Cerebral Palsy
- Composition Instructor, English 101 and English 201 at University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Comparative Literature - Comparative Literature
- M.A. - Comparative Literature
- B.A. - Politics and Philosophy (double major)
Guerin College Preparatory High School is a small, Catholic, co-educational institution that serves families from Chicago's Northwest side and surrounding suburbs. It opened in the fall of 2004 as a result of a merger of Mother Theodore Guerin High School and Holy Cross High School. Assumed the Development Director position following a 14-month vacancy. Immediately reestablished multiple Annual Fund solicitations, implementing a more personal outreach to alumni. Increased print and digital promotion of initiatives and events to school community. Served on the leadership team, offering new concepts for scholarship requirements and soliciting parent volunteers. Assisted parents' association with the development of new fundraising efforts. Became school's point of contact with five local chambers of commerce. * Exceeded budget revenue for Annual Fund by 18.6% over a 10-month time-frame. * New donors accounted for 25% of the contributions to the Annual Fund. * Expanded #GivingTuesday campaign to record a 100% increase in donations. * Counseled alumni donors to support "Invest in Kids Tax Credits" for Guerin Prep, affording 8 students to receive Tax Credit Scholarship tuition funding to attend Guerin Prep. * Reestablished Alumni Memorial Mass and Lenten Appeal after a 1-year hiatus. * Increased Alumni support and awareness of current athletic programs by establishing a seasonal solicitation with former athletes. * Surpassed annual Scholarship Dinner net revenue by 24% as a result of reduced expenses, increased event attendance and donations. * Managed foundation solicitations that resulted in an additional $30,000 for school programs.
- Development Director at Guerin College Preparatory High School
- Chief Executive Officer at Santa Clara Vanguard
- Volunteer Chairman of the Board of Directors at Drum Corps International
- Executive Director at The Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps
11 months at this Job
- IL Teaching Certification - expired - English, Social Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Journalism
MAY 2009 - PRESENT
brokers, directly to sellers, MLS, probate and auctions.
• Underwriting, negotiating, due diligence and the acquisition of 400+ various types of properties.
• Due diligence acquisition and pre-development for 6-12 unit townhouse projects, apartments and ground up SFR's. Selecting GC for large projects and acquiring construction financing.
• Communicating and coordinating with architects, surveyors, engineers, property managers, the city and various other departments and consultants.
• Selecting, acquiring, underwriting, purchasing, leasing and managing a mid-size rental portfolio.
• Opening new accounts, personal loans and car loans.
- DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR at NELA DEVELOPMENT LLC
- BANKER at U.S. BANK
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Business Finance
• Business Development Director for Andrew M arquis - #7 Loan Officer in America for 2017
• Responsible for adding value and growth to annual sales goals
• Lead all marketing efforts to clients and business partners
• Attend and plan networking events
• Coordinate events for referral partners and business prospects
• M anage social media, customer relations and CRM system
• Track referral trends and ROI to best direct marketing efforts
- Business Development Director at Guaranteed Rate
- Inside Sales Representative at Arch Mortgage Insurance (Acquired United Guaranty
- Account Representative Northeast Region at Arch Mortgage Insurance (Acquired United Guaranty
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - General Studies
• For the past 2 years I have been Assistant Development Director, as of May 1, 2018 I have been managing all aspects of the Development Department including budgeting, donor relations, financial reporting and gift management.
• Endorsed by CapDEV, professional counsel, Friends of the Battleship & Battleship Commission to assume duties & responsibilities as Development Director as of May 1, 2018 and work with all parties to optimize current and future fundraising & capital campaign efforts.
• Completed Development Internship during the month of May 2018 with approval from Senior Management.
• Establish donor connections and maintain consistent Campaign relationships.
• Ownership & Management of Gift Report and Donor Database.
• Grant writing, research & management for Non-Profit Capital Campaign fundraising.
• Established personal relationships and outreach with current donor base as well as potential donors.
• 2 Years of management and continued advancement of the Multi-Million Generations Campaign.
• Over 15 years of Communication & Public Information Officer experience has helped me develop excellent networking & communication skills and interpersonal abilities to communicate with donors.
• Proven track record of cultivating & soliciting donor gifts for Non-profit Historic Ship preservation.
• Create campaign updates and briefs for Senior Management & Commission
- Development Director at Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
- Director of Marketing & Assistant Developmet Director at Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
- Specialty Leasing Manager & Marketing Director at Independence Mall
8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Graphic Design
- Bachelor's - Fine Art
Atlanta, GA CRI is a family of CPAs and consultants who value getting to know our clients professionally and personally. CRI is the 18th largest CPA firm in the US working across the country throughout our fifty-one offices. CRI's national strength is rooted in the depth and breadth of knowledge from 3,000+ professionals with a variety of specialty designations. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR October 2018 - Present As Business Development Director, my role is to identify and close new business: cybersecurity, global supply chain and logistics, tax and compliance services, internal audit, business management consulting, data and analytics, visualization, treasury services, cloud computing, supply chain execution and IT advisory services. Target prospects are privately held businesses headquartered in the southeast and private equity owned companies. Accomplishments: Closed the 1st government contractor out of the Atlanta office; Closed a cybersecurity project with a regional airline headquartered in Atlanta; Closed a $200,000.00 audit engagement within my first (3) months at the firm
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR at CARR, RIGGS & INGRAM CPAs and Advisors
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE at DIXON HUGHES GOODMAN
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE at TATUM, LLC
- DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT at PARTNERS CONSULTING
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management