Internet Business Development Director
- Internet Business Development Director at Chevrolet Buick Gmc of Puyallup Harnish Auto Family
- Licensing Service Representative 2 at Washington State Department of Licensing
- Sales Manager / Internet Director / Special Finance Manager / Sales Consultant at Saturn/Subaru of Puyallup
7 months at this Job
- - Radio Broadcasting / On-Air Personality 4.0 GPA
2014 - YTD Development Director at Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putnam Manage: Major Gifts: WV State Neighborhood Investment Program, Individual One-on-One Requests Grants: Private, Corporate, Public State Annual Gifts: Social Media Online Gifts, Mass Mail, Telephone, Benevon Sessions & Event Special Events: Dinner Corporate Gifts: Build Sponsors, Event Sponsors Faith Gifts: Build Sponsors Planned Gifts: One-on-one Estate Requests, Memorials
- Development Director at Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putanm
- Vice President of Marketing & Development at Easter Seals Arc of NE Indiana
- Community Relation Director, CEO Whitley Innovations, CEO of Foundation at Parkview Whitley Hospital
- Sales of Real Estate at
5 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Associates - Academy
- - Wells Fargo Leadership Coach Training
Currently working as the organization's first full-time Development Director for this one-of-its-kind vocational school for young adults on the Autism Spectrum. Results
• Submitted 250 requests resulting in more than $4.5 million in revenue (a 67% success rate)
• Submitted 216 reports
• Created successful end-of-year appeals that have netted over $350,000
• Created and implemented an annual event that raised over $140,000
• Major Gifts accounting for $1.2 million to date during my tenure Responsibilities
• Augmented organizational grant processes to align with strategic plan
• I implement individual giving donor strategies for donor-advised funds and family foundations with individualized case statements and stewardship reports averaging over $750,000 in annual revenues
• Supervise development assistant and grant writer
• Review all grant proposals and reports before submission for quality assurance
• Co-led the update of current Strategic Plan for the next five years
• Supervise annual appeals and fundraising events that combined raised $410,000 (net) in revenues
• Responsible for board needs, scheduling meetings, gathering reports, fundraising and recruiting engagements. I am an active participant in meetings and other management activities upon request
• Collaborate in all fiscal year budgeting processes and allocation of resources
• Responsible for the upgrading of communications and database integration systems
- Development Director at EXCEPTIONAL MINDS
- Director, Development at SAJE
- Marketing & Development Director at SPECIALTY FAMILY FOUNDATION
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Business Entrepreneurship Program
Development Director of this non-profit organization which provides an informal, environmental education destination showcasing its 'Flora, Fauna, Fun' approach to nature tourism. Accomplishments include:
• Prepared and executed an annual fundraising plan of action including all annual giving, major giving, and planned giving activities
• Created and implemented an effective donor recognition, stewardship, and communication program
• Identified potential major donors through effective research, community outreach, and relationship building
• Developed and managed a portfolio of individual and corporate major gift prospects and/or donors
• Conducted research for all grants and perform applicable writing, submission, and reporting
• Identified, researched, applied, and reported state, federal, private, and public grants
• Coordinated public relations and media activities
• Identified, created, and implemented areas of expansion regarding marketing efforts
• Executed and coordinated various committees to work on special projects and events
• Designed event correspondence with the Executive Director
- Development Director at SOUTH TEXAS BOTANICAL GARDENS & NATURE CENTER
- Senior Director of Major Giving at TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
- Chief Operating Officer at CAMP ARANZAZU, INC
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR at PEACEABLE KINGDOM RETREAT FOR CHILDREN, INC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate - Fund Development
- BBA in Marketing - Marketing
Formerly known as the Greater Hartford Jaycees, a longstanding membership organization for young executives working in Greater Hartford. The organization restricted and rebranded after not having an Executive Director for five years. A new name and programming was created focused on teaching workforce readiness skills to middle-school aged students in Hartford. Development Director position was created in 2017.
Development Director, April 2017 to Present
• Work with the Board to form a Development Committee and create a Development Plan.
• Connect with funders, community groups and cultivate relationships to build funding sources thru volunteer engagement.
• Research and apply for grant funding.
• Create standards in new donor database – Bloomerang.
• Create and produce newsletters, social media campaigns, direct mail pieces.
• Assist Executive Director with Board Member cultivation and training.
- Development Director at CAPITAL CITY EDUCATION ALLIANCE, INC
- Director of Fund Development at MERCY HOUSING AND SHELTER CORPORATION
- Director of Stewardship / Annual Appeal Coordinator at ARCHDIOCESE OF HARTFORD
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Hospitality Management
- Associate of Science - Food & Beverage Management
Development Director St. Mary Magdalen
Christian Service Center - Abbeville, LA
• Provided strategic communication with donors & diverse community to build partnerships & raise funds.
• Built community relationships with community leaders, schools and businesses to generate support.
• Create marketing materials to promote mission of organization through newsletters, events and community relationships.
• Organized and recruit support for fundraisers and food drives through newspaper , TV and grant writing.
• Created open houses and community events to build awareness and support. Business Development Director & Travel Representative Magnificat Travel- Lafayette, Louisiana & Dallas, Texas
• Traveled internationally to build relationships with service providers and important clients.
• Served as company liaison, problem solver, group facilitator, lead communicator for various groups, and clients while traveling internationally.
• Worked together with graphic designer & marketing team to expand awareness of the company's mission & vision through newsletters, website, audio/visual methods to leaders in the community.
• Created proposals and negotiated service contacts with clients.
• Facilitated informational meetings with clients, universities, leaders, and presented staff development seminars and retreats for employees.
• Facilitated numerous trainings for 12+ employees training to lead groups internationally. Coordinator of Youth Program Mary Immaculate Church - Farmers Branch, Texas
• Recruited and trained over 100 volunteers in order to meet the needs of the programs.
• Facilitated programs and seminars for adults, teens and volunteers.
• Used various marketing strategies to communicate the mission of the program to teens and adults in English and Spanish.
• Facilitated classes to build awareness and knowledge on a variety of topics. Coordinator of Campus Ministry - Ragin Cajun Catholics Our Lady of Wisdom - University of Louisiana at Lafayette
• Used various marketing and promotional tools which tripled membership within the organization within a 5 year period.
• Planned large and small events and facilitated dozens of service based opportunities for dozens of college students.
- Development Director at Christian Service Center
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Interpersonal and Organizational Communications
The First Tee is an International youth development organization teaching young people life skills and character education through the game of golf. The First Tee Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits form the foundation of instilling life-enhancing benefits. Development Director
• Direct Chapter’s Capital Campaign to raise $1.5M Program budget and $1.5M Facility Development.
• Created Chapter’s first “Board Networking Campaign” to increase board members engagement with fundraising.
• Author of Chapter’s first Development Plan with stated goals and objectives.
• Created new revenue events: Corporate Challenge to increase outreach to Chicagoland Corporations, creating new revenue of $50K in 2016, $75K in 2017 and $100K in 2018. Canal Shores Golf Marathon to galvanize The First Tee Ambassadors Council around a specific project, creating new revenue of $10K in 2016 and $20K in 2017. Solicited third-party golf outings to make TFTGC the beneficiary of their event with revenue of $40K in 2018. New Women’s Leadership Golf & Symposium coming June 2019, estimated revenue to Chapter $75,000.
• Designed and Lead Chapter’s first-ever Girls in Golf Academy.
• Instituted “field sales” methodology to prospecting prospective donors, adding $100k to revenue in both 2016 and 2017.
• Donor prospecting yielded two new board member.
• Project lead of donor database transition from eTapestry to Eleo.
• Liaison to the golf industry.
- Development Director at The First Tee of Greater Chicago
- Director of Operations at Freedom Golf Association
- General Manager at Island Hills Golf Club
- Director of Sales and Marketing at Swan Lake Resort
3 years at this Job
- - Management
• Achieve's mission is to empower adults with disabilities to reach their highest level of independence and employment. Due to state funding cuts, the agency was at risk of losing 50% of its funding. I was hired to support the Executive Director in strategically increasing individual and corporate fundraising, as well as exploring social enterprises to fill the pending funding gap.
• Prioritized lapsed donors and became an Ambassador for 2 major Chambers of Commerce, in turn cultivating new meaningful strategic individual and corporate relationships and donations.
• Created an "Ambassador Society" with 150 community leaders as an entry point for lay leadership and prospective individual and corporate donors to network.
• In partnership with the Executive Director, strategically restructured the Board of Directors to focus on fundraising and program development rather than operations.
• Increased corporate sponsorship by approximately 250% by adding another event in conjunction with the 25th annual Dash for Dignity 5K race, tripling the number of sponsorships and acquiring the largest corporate event sponsorship in the history of the agency.
• Strategically prioritized corporate in-kind support and corporate social responsibility to increase resources and have an additional entry point for prospective major individual and corporate donors.
• Responsible for all agency marketing, thus in an effort to rebrand the 36 year old agency, utilized my in-kind relationships to provide the necessary resources to change the agency's name from Citizens Development Center (CDC) to Achieve, including, but not limited to, reconstructing the website, creating a new logo and tagline, and making an agency video with Mike Doocy, Fox 4 Sports Anchor, as the narrator.
• Prioritized developing and managing a donor management tool (Telosa) to track donor relationships and donations.
- Development Director at Citizens Development Center
- Chief Advancement Officer at Volunteer Now
- Senior Director of Sales and Business Development at Volunteer Now
- Interim Campaign Director at Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
3 years at this Job
As the Chief Development Director for the Healthcare Resort of Colorado Springs, I was recruited to facilitate the development, branding, marketing, and opening of a 97 bed Post-Acute, Subacute Rehabilitation unit and a 28 bed Assisted Living Facility. I was responsible for developing our physician and hospital relationships and alignments, hiring staff, providing our clinical evaluation process, the hospital transfer contracting and logistics, collaborating with legal to design physician contracts, medical vendor contracts, etc.
- Chief Development Director at The Healthcare Resort of Colorado Springs, Ensign
- Regional Director of Sales and Marketing, Colorado at Genesis Healthcare
- Director of Marketing and Admissions/ Sr. Director at Genesis HealthCare
- Pharmaceutical Sales Professional at Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals
1 year at this Job
- BA - Political Science and Speech Communications
Texas; Ferris 4A and 4B Economic Development Corporations
Spearheading and managing economic development and growth for this fast-growing South Dallas suburb.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (2018 - Present)
Leading retail, office, industrial and residential economic development, as well as redevelopment of Ferris' historic
• Proposing mixed use commercial/residential redevelopment projects to revitalize vacant buildings and lots.
• Zoning and developing I-45 retail corridor and closing infill development projects.
• Attracting developers and builders to complete over 1,500 residential lots and single family homes.
• Directing strategic planning and target market analyses, creating marketing programs/materials; rebranding.
• Introduced critical software implementation and IT upgrades to maximize performance.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR at The City of Ferris
- DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT at Navarro County / City of Corsicana
- advocate at Greater Chamber of Commerce
- Site selection / incentives negotiation and business development leader at Cresa
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR IN ECONOMICS & FINANCE - Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker