• Novo Nordisk Inc. Diabetes Educator Alaska/Seattle Territory supported Primary Care Offices with population health management techniques for better outcome results, coached Providers and Staff regarding recommended guidelines/standard of care.
• Alaska Regional Hospital Cardiac Rehab RN Diabetes Educator Inpatient and Outpatient. Collaborated with a team to become AADE Certified as an Outpatient Diabetes Program. Responsible for the direction of the Cardiac Rehab program including assessment, intake, discharge, patient education, case management, emergency policies, training of staff, billing and registration.
• Alaska Regional Hospital Critical Care Unit-Staff Registered Nurse
• Travel Registered Nurse Positions Critical Care and Telemetry Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Corvallis OR Palo Verde Hospital, Blythe, CA Medical Center of Aurora, Aurora, CO Scripps Costal Medical Center, Encinitas CA Suburban Hospital, Bethesda MD Fairmont General Hospital, Fairmont, WV Monongalia General Hospital, Morgantown, WV Chandler Regional Hospital, Chandler, AZ
• Staff Registered Nurse Position- Critical Care Units United Hospital Center, Clarksburg, WV Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington DC
• Long Term Care Registered Nurse Position HealthSouth Mountain View Rehabilitation Hospital, Morgantown, WV Interim Health Care, Morgantown, WV- Pediatric Care Sundale Nursing Home, Morgantown, WV - Weekend House Supervisor 80 beds Administrator Windy Hill Manor Personal Care Home, Kingwood, WV 50 beds
- Diabetes Educator at Novonordisk
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Education and Physical Education
- - Radiology Technologist
- Associates Degree - Nursing
• Create, organize, and perform the Naples Diabetes Educator Position providing individualized Diabetes Education to patients referred from Family Practice, Pediatric, and Obstetric offices in the Naples area. Composition and editing written educational handouts in three languages suitable to individuals from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds. Evaluate curriculums from National Diabetes Educational programs for appropriateness to a given population.
• Work with a small team of diabetes educators and corporate clinical director to bring the Diabetes Education Program to accreditation with the American Association of Diabetes Educators;
• Work with a Family Practice physician to bring the Libre Pro Glucose Management System to our company by writing all materials needed for approval of new devices to the company for betterment of my patient's health, inserting devices, teaching others on insertion of device, capturing data, working with finance and electronic health records experts.
- NAPLES CERTIFIED DIABETES EDUCATOR at HEALTHCARE NETWORK
- RN STAFF NURSE, OBSTETRICS at HEALTH PARK MEDICAL CENTER
- I changed career paths to become a CDE Medical Health Writer at MSN NURSE PRACTITIONER STUDENT
- NPs, and Nurse Midwives at
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- BACHELOR'S OF SCIENCE - Nursing
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - Nurse Practitioner
Currently work as a Dietitian/Diabetes educator for multiple practitioners. Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to individuals living with Diabetes and other chronic conditions.
• Educate on Diabetes self-care management & complication prevention
• Conduct Diabetes and weight management group education classes
• Provided MNT to patients with other related comorbidities (i.e. HTN, Hyperlipidemia, Obesity)
• Develop relevant handouts for the nutrition department
- Dietitian/Diabetes Educator at Advantage Care physicians
- Dietitian/Nutritionist at Renaissance Adult Day care
- Agency Home Care Dietitian - Contract at Annex Nutrition Services
- Inpatient Dietitian - Per Diem Winston Staffing at Hospital for Joint disease
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science degree - Registered Dietitian
- Bachelor of Science degree - Human Nutrition & Foods
Experienced Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health care industry. Skilled in Insulin Pumps, CGMS, Diabetes, Disease Management, Nutrition Education, and Customer Service. Strong healthcare services professional with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) focused in Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse from Western Governors University.
• Provides timely, effective and appropriate diabetes education to the following populations:
• All newly diagnosed children with diabetes (any type) and their families at Providence Children's Hospital.
• All newly diagnosed children/families managed as outpatients at the Children's Specialty Clinic.
• Children/families being readmitted for diabetes-related problems (if learning needs assessment indicates re-education is needed).
• Newly diagnosed children being seen for 1 week and 1 month follow-up at the Clinic.
• All patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes who have not had at least 1 hour of annual diabetes follow-up education.
• School personnel responsible for specific children cared for by the Division (as requested by both parents and school officials). Serves as liaison to school systems.
• Provides insulin pump training to inpatient and outpatient clients as requested.
• Complies with the applicable standards for diabetes education set forth by Providence Children's Hospital and the Children's Specialty Clinic, the State of Texas, and the American Diabetes Association.
• Documents all educational assessment, intervention and outcomes accordingly.
• Maintains an up-to-date inventory and working knowledge of diabetes self-care materials for patient distribution. Develops age-appropriate diabetes educational materials and class outlines as needed.
• Participates in data retrieval and analysis for both ADA Education and Provider Recognition.
• Refers patients and clients to appropriate support services, support groups.
• Provides diabetes case management as requested by providers. Seeks assistance from providers with insulin dose adjustment and sick day management.
• Provides other telephone follow-up in a manner to be determined to meet ADA requirements.
- Certified Diabetes Educator at Providence Memorial Hospital
- Associate Diabetes Educator/Admin at TypeOneGrit
- Registered Nurse at Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
- Medical Assistant at East Lakeland OBGYN
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- High School Diploma
Responsibilities Responsible for Diabetes Education for inpatients and outpatients. Meter and insulin instruction. Teach group classes. Call insurance companies for coverage of diabetes education. Taught nursing staff on diabetes management of the adult patient. Talks on various topics of diabetes in the community. Worked as Care Coordinator/Program Manager on high risk patients and chronic care patients such as Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure and Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Worked with physicians, case managers and staff nurses to develop a plan of care on inpatient diabetes patients. Accomplishments Helped patients reach goals to self manage diabetes. Developed program for accreditation for Diabetes Self Management Education and maintained certification. Participate in Advisory Board Meeting and quarterly diabetes meetings. Worked collaboratively with diabetes educators on writing the Diabetes Education book for patients. Skills Used Registered Nurse Certified Diabetes Educator Certified program American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) BLS 4/15/18
- Specialty Care Coordinator - Diabetes Educator at Marymount Hospital - Cleveland Clinic
- Case Manager at Kaiser Permanente
- Pr-admission testing coordinator at Brentwood Hospital
- Office Nurse at Dr M.P. Thomas Huron Road Hospital
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S.N. - Nursing
- Bachelor's - Nursing
- Associate - Nursing
Outpatient diabetes and nutrition education and counseling. Pump trainings and management, insulin pattern management. Strong collaboration between primary care physicians and providers to promote optimal diabetes outcomes. Utilizing Optum reports for meeting quality metrics as well as Epharmix for remote patient monitoring and communication. Collaborated with Mercy Virual program for starting virtual diabetes education. Perform trainings for Medtronic pumps and CGM, Tandem pumps, Dexcom and freestyle libre CGM devices. Certified Product Trainer for Medtronic Diabetes and Tandem Diabetes. Manage training queue and submit charges for training reimbursement.
- Registered Dietitian/ Diabetes Educator at Mercy Clinic Diabetes and Nutrition
- Inpatient Dietitian at St. Anthony's Medical Center
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Dietetic Internship - General Dietetics
- BS - Dietetics and Nutrition
- Diabetes Educator at Ochsner Baptist Diabetes Management Program
- Consultant Dietitian, Part-Time at Odyssey House Louisiana
- Diabetes Educator at Ochsner West Bank Diabetes Management Center
- Consultant Dietitian, Part-Time at St. Luke's Medical Center
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Health - Nutrition Seminar
- - Dietetics Coursework
- - Dietetics Coursework
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
* Serve as a provider/diabetes educator for outpatient endocrinology - high volume clinic * Provide MNT or DSME/T to patients according to ADA and AND guidelines and keep detailed assessment in EMR. * Create educational handouts and tools to assist with patient needs * Serve as liaison for patient/physician - Titrate insulin dosages, medication recommendations, change pump settings, provide pump/insulin training, etc. * Conduct nutrition or diabetes related seminars/trainings to physicians, residents and fellows * Ensure continuity of care through constant communication with patients, providers, and other medical staff relating to patient or clinic needs/status.
- Clinical Diabetes Educator & Registered Dietitian at UF Health Endocrinology
- Registered Dietitian at Healthy Start / UF Health Jax OBGYN
- at Specialty
- Commission on Dietetic Registration Accredited Dietetic Internship at
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nutrition & Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Health - Health Science / Nutrition & Dietetics
• Serve as a trusted advisor for targeted healthcare professionals.
• Assist healthcare professionals improve the quality of care through diagnosis, treatment, and management of diabetes.
• Conduct educational programs in primary care and endocrinology offices for providers and office staff to ensure all members of the healthcare team are up to date on diabetes disease state and medications.
• Ensure that education delivered follows the ADA Standards of Care and other relevant treatment guidelines.
• Focus on Population Health Management by assisting healthcare professionals in identifying high-risk patients and establishing intervention protocols.
- Diabetes Educator at Novo Nordisk, Inc
- Registered Dietitian/Diabetes Educator at Endocrine Clinic of Southeast Texas
- Registered Dietitian, PRN at Triangle Care Hospice
- Clinical Dietitian at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Family and Consumer Science - Family and Consumer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Science - Family and Consumer Science
Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy for Diabetes management in the Out patient clinic, both one and one counseling and group DSMT classes. Education provided on Type 1 and 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, and Pre diabetes, as well as Weight management and cardiac nutrition. Collaborate with Physicians regarding medication management, blood glucose monitoring, and MNT. Work with CDE RN to provide team approach for best client outcomes.
- Diabetes Educator at Advocate Medical Group
- Clinical Dietitian at Northwest Community Hospital
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. in Medical Dietetics - Medical Dietetics