As a Patient Care Technician (PCT), my main responsibility is to ensure the comfort and safety of the patients in the dialysis center. h Assists in training and treatment plans as prescribed h Reports on program individuals' progress as required. h Assists program individuals with regard to recreational activities h Assists program individuals with all grooming needs as required h Assist with laundry, housecleaning, meal preparation and other minor tasks
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at Dialysis Clinic Inc
- Dialysis Technician at Fresenius Medical Care
- h Advised the administrator regarding medical and related problems at AHRC Suffolk
- Home Health Aide at South Shore Home Health Services
1 year at this Job
- Certificate - Dialysis4Careers
Hook people up to the dialysis machines for them to receive dialysis do CVC care or fistula care depending on the patient and what they have. Checking on them while they are there for the 3 to 4 1/2 hour treatments that they are to have three days a week.
- Dialysis patient care technician at DaVita Dialysis Clinic
- CERIFTED NURSING ASSISTANT at PINE CREST NURSING HOME
- DIETARY AIDE at PINE CREST NURSING HOME
7 months at this Job
- Technician diploma - Phlebotomy
- None - Medical terminology course
Working as dialysis PCT in US Renal Care for two years, in center of Los Angeles, Rosemead and Ontario. I am looking for a dialysis center close to my house in city of Lake Elsinore, where can rest more and help me put on more enery into work. God bless, Eva
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at US Renal Care Dialysis Center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Foreign Affairs Secretary
• direct one-on-one patient care
• providing complete dialysis treatment on all assigned patients
• working under the supervision of RN
• monitoring patients during hemodialysis treatment every 30 min including vital signs, machine checks and other related activities.
• hemodialysis machine disinfecting and setup
• inspecting and cleaning hemodialysis access on patients
• educating patients on health maintenance and care
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at Davita Dialysis
- Nanny/Household Manager at Demong Family
- Assistant at William Raveis Real Estate
- Designer Associate, Project Manager at Brittany Bromley Interiors
6 months at this Job
- - General Studies
- - Biology
- - Veterinary Medicine
Assembles necessary supplies Prepares dialysate according to established procedures and the dialysis prescription Assembles and prepares the dialysis extracorporeal circuit according to protocol and dialysis prescription. Verifies absence of residual sterilants. Tests monitors and machine functions, including alarms, conductivity and temperature. Sets monitors and alarms according to unit and manufacturer protocols. Obtains and documents pre-dialysis vital signs, weight, and temperature. Inspects a patient's dialysis access. Administers local anesthesia, inserts needles, and initiates dialysis according to unit protocol and patient prescription. Documents treatment parameters and communicates patient condition and issues to Registered Nurse. Administers anticoagulant according to unit protocols and prescription. Measures and adjusts blood flow rates according to established protocols and prescription. Calculates and adjusts fluid removal rates according to established protocols and prescription. Monitors patients and equipment, responds to alarms, and readjusts treatment parameters as defined by established protocols and individual patient requirements. Changes fluid removal rate and patient position, and administers replacement saline as directed by the registered nurse, physician order, or unit protocol. Responds appropriately to dialysis-related emergencies such as hypotensive episodes, needle displacement or infiltration, clotting episodes, blood leaks, air emboli, etc. Initiates cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in the event of a cardiac arrest. Discontinues dialysis and establishes hemostasis following unit protocol. Inspects, cleans, and dresses access according to unit protocol. Obtains and records post-dialysis vital signs, temperature, and weight. Discards dialysis supplies and sanitizes equipment according to manufacturer and unit protocol. Communicates emotional, medical, psychosocial, and nutritional concerns to the registered nurse. Maintains professional conduct, good communication skills, and confidentiality in the care of patients. Participates in the multidisciplinary process. Collaborates with the registered nurse in identifying and meeting patient education goals.
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at DaVita Dialysis Clinic
- Medical Assistant Instructor at San Joaquin Valley College
- Freezer Operator at Leprino Foods Company
- Infantryman Team Leader at United States Army
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Medical Assisting
Patient Care Tech Greet patients, initial assessments of blood pressure, weight and access arms/legs Maintain evacuation box, and access flow testing monthly
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at Mableton Dialysis Spa
- Patient Care Technician at DaVita Southern Crescent
- Patient Care Technician at DaVita East Point
- Patient Care Technician at DaVita Eastlake
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Responsible for measuring and recording stats, patient observations, machine setup, answering phones, some computer work and other duties to ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of outpatient dialysis services Reuse Technician Reprocess dialyzers and prepare dialysis machines for patients to ensure safe, professional delivery of dialysis services; maintain records and inventory of supplies
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician/Administrative at DaVita Dialysis
- Customer Service Representative (Teller) at Bank of America
- Office Assistant at Bank of America
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- AAS - Nursing
• Patient Care Assessment
• Mixing bicarbonate and water room experience
• Turn Machines on, stringing and priming extracorporeal lines
• Set-up stations with patient info and draw up heparin for necessary patients
• Cannulation and obtain blood specimen
• Catheter care
• Pre and Post dialysis procedures
• Familiar with vascular access of a fistula and a graft
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at Fresenius
- Assistant Supervisor & Full time Caregiver at Meadowview Manor
7 years at this Job
• Responsible for the technical management of hemodialysis, or blood filtering, treatment to patients with advanced kidney disease.
• Supervised by registered nurses, and they operate dialysis machines as well as provide basic patient care.
• Disinfects dialysis equipment and prepares the fluid used for each patient during dialysis.
• Assembled dialysis extracorporeal circuit, and all tubings.
• Recorded the patients vital signs, height and weight pre and post treatment.
• Measured and adjusted blood flow rates according to established protocols.
• Calculated and adjusted ultra filtration rates according to patients needs.
• Cannulates patient to start dialysis.
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at Davita
- Pharmacy Technician at CVS Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician at HCS Heathcare
- Tech Squad Technician at Virginia Commonwealth University Media Support Services
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Health Sciences - Health Sciences
As a patient care technician, I was responsible for initiating, monitoring, and terminating patients' dialysis treatments. I took patients' pre-treatment, intradialytic, and post-treatment vitals, as well as monitored their state of comfort during treatment. I also built relationships with my patients, since they visited the clinic about of 3 times a week.
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician at DaVita
- Chief Medical Scribe at Elite Medical Scribes
- Level Six Associate at In-N-Out Burger
- Clinic Volunteer at Jackson Free Clinic
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- MS - Biology and Medical Sciences
- BS - Biological Sciences (major), Spanish (minor)