Completed comprehensive program at a 700-bed, Trauma 1, teaching hospital, which included 1200+ hour, full-time supervised practicum comprised of over 20 rotations in 15 different Health Care settings under the supervision of 40+ qualified preceptors.
• 5 weeks of Food Service & Management
• 3 weeks in the Medical Surgical ICU
• 3 weeks of clinical staff relief on Hospitalists, GI, and Hematology/Oncology units
• 9 weeks of various outpatient rotations Key Projects:
• Coordinator for National Nutrition Month
• Developed & implemented 18-week 5k training plan for MUSC’s Children’s Hospital Heart Health Program
• Lead a group of 20 on a 12-wk obesity chronic-disease prevention program at MUSC’s Wellness Center, stressing physical activity and healthy eating. *Nominated and awarded Outstanding Dietetic Intern of the Year for the Charleston/Trident Dietetic Association. *Nominated for Outstanding Dietetic Intern of the Year for the South Carolina Dietetic Asssociation.
- Dietetic Intern at Medical University of South Carolina
- Group Fitness Instructor at The University of Arizona Campus Recreation Center
- Food Service Associate at Tucson Medical Center
- Resident Assistant at The University of Arizona Residence Life
7 months at this Job
- Dietetic Internship - Dietetics
- Bachelor's - Nutritional Sciences
- Dietetic Intern at Henry Ford Health System
- Dietetic Intern at
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Dietetics
• Completed a comprehensive program with a Medical Nutrition Therapy concentration and a strong food service curriculum at a 900-bed acute-care hospital
• Utilized Nutrition Care Process to thoroughly provide individualized Medical Nutrition Therapy to patients both in English and Spanish during clinical rotations in gastroenterology, endocrinology, pulmonary, cardiology, oncology, rehab, prenatal, neonatal intensive care, nutrition support, and diabetes rotations
• Performed multiple individual and group nutrition education sessions in English and Spanish
• Assisted in the re-implementation of Tray Monitor within patient meal services by creating a new policy, providing training and coordinating with employees, managers, human resource personnel and information technology
- Dietetic Intern at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship
- National Network Coordinator & Intern at Professional Nutrition Therapists, LLC
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Texas Woman's University
- Sales Associate at Kwik Kopy Business Center
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition
Primary Functions: Providing supervised nutrition and dietetic services in a variety of settings with emphasis in mental health nutrition
- Dietetic Intern at Department of State Hospitals
- Course Monitor at San José State University
- Diabetes Program Coordinator at Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc
- Diabetes Camp Counselor (Volunteer) at American Diabetes Association
2 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Master of Public Health - Community Health Promotion
- - Medical Interpreter Training
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Currently completeing a comprehensive dietetic internship that includes 20 weeks of clinical, 5 weeks of community, 5 weeks of management, and 3 weeks of long term care. I will be finishing the internship this May in 2019.
- Dietetic Intern at Murray State University
- Senior Nutrition Assistant at Murray State University
- Junior Nutrition Assistant at Murray State University
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science - Dietetics
Locations: Green House Homes; Jordan School District; Park City School District; Harmons Grocery; Ogden Regional Medical Center; Utah WIC State Office
● Developed recipes and executed menus for Park City's elementary schools, Harmons Grocery community classes and Ogden Regional Medical Center's Alcohol and Chemical Treatment Center and Behavioral Health Unit
● Assessed and identified nutritional needs and wants to provide individual nutrition counseling to hospital patients and community members
● Collaborated with healthcare professionals and organizational leaders to manage patient care and organizational programming as part of a team
● Wrote and presented evidence-based reviews for the public and for professional resources in clinical and community settings based on the most current nutrition science
- Dietetic Intern at University of Northern Colorado Distance Dietetic Internship
- Administrative Assistant at MS Biomedical Sciences Program, Colorado State University
- Master Course Work at CSU Employee Wellness Program, Housing and Dining Services, Colorado State University
- Cook at Fairweather Natural Foods Cafe
8 months at this Job
- MS Food Science - Science and Human Nutrition
- BA - Environmental Studies
● Internship comprising of 32 weeks of clinical, community, foodservice, and business/entrepreneurship rotations.
● Provided nutrition assessments and interventions for patients in a variety of settings/disease states: surgical intensive care unit, medical intensive care unit, inpatient rehab, enteral nutrition pediatric, renal, oncology, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, and diabetes in a 274-bed facility.
● Completed 4 weeks of staff relief in critical care units and inpatient rehab.
● Created resource guide for employees for a teacher's lounge food pilot program.
● Analyzed school lunch menus and created summer lunch menus for Leander ISD.
● Created educational nutrition materials and counseled individuals for dialysis clinic rotation (3 weeks).
● Contributed to community outreach as staff for farmers markets, farm visits, food policy board, community gardens, and bilingual ambassador meetings.
- Dietetic Intern at Keith & Associates Distance Dietetic Internship
- Food and Nutrition Service Director at Park Bend Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Dietetic Technician I at Resolute Health Hospital
- Customer Care Associate at Neiman Marcus Group LLC
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Health Education
- Bachelor's - Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics
Completed a 20-month, clinically focused dietetic internship at a 415-bed level 1 trauma center Clinical Nutrition ❖ Screened, assessed, developed and implemented nutrition care plans for patients in the medical, surgical, cardiology, oncology, intensive care, neurology, and rehabilitation units for 14 weeks; worked closely with multi-disciplinary healthcare teams to provide optimal patient care. ❖ Covered the neurosurgery intensive care unit and intermediate care unit, and general cardiology floors during three weeks of clinical staff relief; screened and assessed patients, efficiently completed initial and follow-up notes, and effectively communicated enteral and parenteral nutrition recommendations to the medical team. ❖ Rounded with the nutrition support team weekly and presented patients to the attending physician regarding parenteral and enteral nutrition recommendations. ❖ Administered nutrition care for pediatric patients on general, intensive care, and neonatal intensive care units for six weeks. Outpatient/Ambulatory Care ❖ Participated as a member of the outpatient nutrition team at the Frances Stern Nutrition Center. Assessed nutritional status through interviews and 24-hour diet recalls. Also administered evidence-based nutrition and diet education. ❖ Served for six weeks as an active member of the surgical weight management centers at Tufts Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital. Provided individualized nutrition counseling and led group therapy sessions. ❖ Assessed patients and participated in the development of care plans for both adult and pediatric patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus at Joslin Diabetes Center. Administrative ❖ Participated in management, inventory, production, and quality assurance of food in a conventional food-service kitchen. ❖ Acquired managerial skills through budgeting, forecasting, and scheduling for an inpatient nutrition service. Conducted evaluation of employee productivity.
- Dietetic Intern at Tufts Medical Center
- Office Clerk at Prism Color Corporation
- Certified Feeding Assistant at Vitas Hospice Care
- Stage 2 Surgical Recovery Assistant at Vitas Hospice Care
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science degree in Clinical Nutrition - Nutrition Science & Policy
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition & Dietetics - Nutrition & Dietetics
1200 hours comprised of community, clinical and food service management rotations were completed during the course of the accredited internship program. Highlights and learning experiences include:
• Clinical: Performed Nutrition Care Process (NCP) using standardized language and ADIME format; Conducted patient assessments and implemented nutrition interventions in a variety of disease states including renal, cancer, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, liver, diabetes, obesity, HTN, and pulmonary.
• Community: Provide nutrition education, counseling, resources and guidance to improve health outcomes; Present educational classes to WIC staff, parents and children; Develop educational materials; Assist lactation specialist/IBCLC in WIC and hospital setting.
• Food Service Management: Engaged in early childhood to senior center sites; Assist in the food service kitchen, bidding process, inventory; Develop and evaluate recipes and menus using NutriKids, USDA and software.
- Dietetic Intern at Central Valley WIC Dietetic Internship
- Infant Care Taker at Self-Employed
- WIC Dietetic Intern at United Health Centers
- Hmong Team Leader at Multicultural Solutions Inc
11 months at this Job
Completed a comprehensive 1200-hour dietetic program which includes 400 hours of management, 760 hours of clinical and 80 hours of community rotations.
- Dietetic Intern at VA Illiana Health Care System
- Graduate Assistant at Illinois Higher Education Center
- Assistant Manager at Mauries
- ESL Tutor at GoEngWell
7 months at this Job
- MS - Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS - Family Consumer Sciences: Dietetics
- BA - Health Promotion and Wellness; Minor: African American Studies