Obtained my DTR in October of 2014 and have 3 years experience as a Registered Dietetic Technician.
- Registered Dietetic Technician at Signature HealthCARE LLC
- Patient Service Coordinator at REACH
- Dietetic Technician at Registered
- Front Desk Associate at Metro Fitness
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. of Exercise Science
- AAS - Nutrition
Nutrition assessment and MDS follow up; Participation in case management meetings, Menu
corrections and Diet education
• Arden House Hamden, CT Clinical Dietetic Technician; Registered Data collection of clinical patient information, nutrition evaluation of new admissions, nutrition assessment of annual and quarterly reviews. Completion of MDS forms, monthly sanitation audit. Data collection and analysis/interpretation of monthly statistics.
- Clinical Dietetic Technician, Registered at Montowese Health and Rehab
- at Carlton Chronic and Convalescent Hospital
- Food Service Supervisor at
- Food Safety Auditor at
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics - Dietetics
My responsibilities as a dietetic technician at Terrace View include but are not limited to:
* Welcoming new residents to the long term care facility as soon as possible.
* Confirming residents diet orders.
* Clarifying diet orders.
* Recommending diets.
* Interviewing sub acute and long term residents.
* Providing and explaining food options.
* Helping residents fill out selective and non selective menus/meal tickets.
* Providing diet education.
* Completing initial, quarterly and annual assessments.
* Alter diets based on fluid restrictions, medical conditions etc..
* Read and interpret lab chemistry.
* Recommending appropriate consults ( speech language pathologist, occupational
therapy, social work etc..)
* Charting on significant weight changes and/ or changes in care/condition.
* Recommending supplementation and labs.
* Calculating/providing tube feed recommendations.
● This dietetic technician position requires knowledge in clinical nutrition combined with the use of clinical judgment. Computer skills require me to navigate ECMCs computer programs: Meditech and IMAR. Verbal and written communication skills with other members of the medical team are used to assess and take optimal care of the patient/resident. This position also requires interpersonal skills and motivational skills when encouraging residents to make healthy food choices.
- Dietetic Technician Registered at Terrace View Long Term Care Facility
- Dietary Clerk at Terrace View Long Term Care Facility
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition at ECMC Hospital
- Logistics Team Flow Member at Target
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Dietetics
- A.A.S. - Dietetic Technology/Food Service Administration
As a dietetid Technician I had the opportunities to assist patients admitted to our facility with their meal choices, write specific diet plans for them when they were unsure about a new diet, suggest supplements when patient was not eating enough or was nauseated. I have firsthand experience with the T1D and Renal diets. My patients were always very happy with the information they received from me as it enabled them to take more control of their diet and caloric intake themselves. My job was to screen the patients for nutrition risk. I worked side by side with the Dietitians typing my findings into the patients' EHR. I feel my most accomplished when the patient I visited with feels like they have a better understanding about their requirements as well as their restrictions and are willing to take that leap of faith to try something new.
- Dietetic Technician at Dignity Health
- Independent Consultant at Pampered Chef
- Dietetic Technician at Wyoming Medical Center
- Shift Manager at Taco Bell
19 years at this Job
- Associate of Science - Forensic Technology
- Certification of Evidence Technology - Evidence Technology
- Coursework - Boswell Nursing Program
Assist patients with planing menus according to the patient's set meal plan and intended calories. Run baking and cooking groups with the residents to decrease their fear of food and anxiety surrounding it. Making sure all menus are calculated and corrected regarding portion sizes and diet prescriptions. Conduct intakes, train new dietetic technicians and create a smooth environment for patients towards recovery by gaining their trust for nutrition and a healthier lifestyle.
- Supervisor Dietetic Technician at Cambridge Eating Disorder Center
- Residential Counselor at Cambridge Eating Disorder Center
- Lead Beer Captain at Harpoon Brewery
- Room Service Ambassador at Lawrence and Memorial Hospital
at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Science/Nutrition
- Dietetic Technician at Kendal at Hanover
- Dietetic Technician at Kendal at Hanover
18 years at this Job
- Associates degree
Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and plan to develope and Implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling. . Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary Plans and diet modifications and food selections and preparations. . Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, Healthy eating habits and nutrition monitoring. . Inspect meals served and prescribed diets. . Assure MDS and care plans are done in a timely manner. . Meal rounds on a daily basis . Attend resident care plan conference.
- Dietetic Technician at St. Pauls House
- Food Service Director at Bridgeway Christian Village
- Assistant Food Service Director at Renaissance @ 87th
- Cafeteria/ Catering Supervisor at Lutheran General Hospital
5 years, 6 months at this Job
● Visited and assisted patients with menu selection to ensure therapeutic diet accuracy and appropriateness
● Worked directly with clinical dietitians and nursing staff to communicate relevant patient information
● Assisted Food Service Director in patient menu planning
● Met quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction Management of Diet Office
● Maintained and processed accurate records of diet orders for patients
● Coordinated work flow to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
● Assisted in the oversight of tray line operation
● Made decisions to problem solve operational issues as well as customer concerns
● Motivated, developed, and directed nutrition assistants
● Adapted to changing conditions and work assignments
● Designed, planned, organized and implemented tasks within tightly allotted time frames
- Dietetic Technician at Bristol Hospital
- Coordinator at Plymouth Community Food Pantry
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutritional Sciences
- Certificate in Gerontology
• Conducted nutritional screenings for new patients
• Educated patients on the relationship between Coumadin and foods high in vitamin K
- Dietetic Technician at Providence Medical Center
- Social Media Free-Lance Agent at Natural Balance Nutrition
- Babysitter- Various Locations at
- Dietetic Technician at Marshall Medical Center
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Dietetics
• Provided friendly customer service
• Supervised tray line checking patient trays and assured proper food handling
• Managed patient diet orders, allergens, and religious preferences
• Prepared and delivered enteral nutrition formulas
- Dietetic Technician at Hennepin Healthcare
- Food Coach for Diabetes Prevention Program at HealthSlate
- Diet Clerk at Broadlawns Medical Center
- Radiology Lab Assistant at Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - DIETH Dietetics