My responsibilities as dietetic technician is to gathers relevant data from the medical record for support of the nutrition assessment under supervision by a registered dietitian in adherence to regulatory agency standards (IDPH, JCHAO, etc.). In this position I am responsible for the calculation and preparation of the special infant formulas at NICU-floor, as well as ordering, stocking and sanitation in the infant formula preparation room. Provide Hearth Healthy guidelines to Patient and follow up with LOS patients. As diet technician I conducts nutrition screening according to the hospital policies and procedures under the supervision of the registered dietitian.
- Dietetic Technician at Loyola University Medical Center
- DM, Director of Culinary Services at Tabor Hills
- Chef-Retail Setting at Sodexo-Argonne National Laboratories
- Culinary Manager at Pathway to Living Aspired Living of Westmont
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Food Science and Safety
• Analyze and assess client nutritional risks.
• Educate, advocate and counsel clients on their nutrition and health goals.
• Provide support and referrals
• Mentor and evaluate dietetic technician interns.
• Develop training materials for other dietetic technicians.
- Registered Dietetic Technician at Maricopa County WIC
- Server at Two Brothers Tap House and Brewery
- Front Desk Administrator/Personal Assistant at
- Server/Hostess at Mellow Mushroom
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition
1 Freedom way
Augusta, GA 30904 United States 05/2011 - Present
Hours per week: 20
Series: 0640 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 5 Dietetic Technician (This is a federal job)
Supervisor: Karen Walters (706-733-0188 / 2981)
Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes The Diet Technician conducts screening and assessments and care plans of patients as ordered by the physician or registered dietitian. The position provides dietary counseling to patients, family members, prepares meal plan, nourishment programs for the special needs of the patients and assists the dietitian in all related clinical areas. The Diet Technician conducts in-service education on an as-needed basis. Provides nutritional education and instruction on identified diet plans to individual patients, patients in group settings, and patient families based upon physician order and/or nutritional education needs. May provide nutrition education to community.
•Prioritizes tasks and uses effective time management skills to maintain productivity standards. Assists the dietitian in providing an efficient and cost effective nutrition care program while meeting service excellence standards.
• In designated areas, performs timely nutrition assessments and may provide screening using designated criteria to identify patients at nutritional risk and appropriately determines the nutritional status of patients by completing assessments based on nutrition practice guidelines.
•Provides timely follow up and monitoring of patients identified for re-screening and re-assessment and refers patients to the dietitian; documents pertinent information in the medical records and patient plan of care while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and other regulatory agencies).
•Assists with continuous quality improvement activities and ongoing problem solving and conducts meal rounds as indicated. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- Dietetic Technician at Charlie Norwood Veteran Affairs
- Information Systems Chief at US Army Reserves
- BISA NCO at US Army
- Biometric Identification System for Access/ Badging Non-Commissioned Officer at US Army
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate's - Information systems
- Certificate - Communications
- Combat Training
In my role as a dietetic technician at Banner I see patients with various different diseases and acuity of conditions. I am responsible for performing nutrition assessments, nutrition focused physical exams, identifying nutrition diagnosis, calculating estimated needs, setting interventions and monitoring progress. Efficiency and organization are important with the high patient load found at Banner Health. I am responsible for training new hires and creating policy and procedure handbook.
- Lead Dietetic Technician at Banner University Medical Center
- Dietetic Technician at Devon Gables Healthcare Center
- Food Service, Room Service Associate at Banner University Medical Center
3 years at this Job
- Dietetic Internship - Dietetics
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Nutritional Sciences-Dietetics
- Dietetic Technician at Highland Hospital
10 months at this Job
Dietetic Technician Interviews and screen patients, while modifying a variety of both standard and non-standard diets, co coordinates nutrition care activities with nursing services, and instructs patients regarding menus. Obtains diet orders from ward nurses or CHCS and ensures accuracy of the diet orders. Communicates with nursing staff regarding diet changes and alternate tray delivery times pending the patient's schedule. Receives written and/or telephonic changes based on admissions, discharges, and changes to the dietary prescription. Assist the dietitian in nutrition screening and assessment of individual patient needs by evaluating diet history, obtaining medical information and patient tolerances and allergies from the medical record and via interview. Completes assessment based on set criteria and refers medium and high risk patients to the dietitian. Records patient information in the medical record with the upmost accuracy and attention to detail per Nutrition Care policy. Records information pertaining to diet history, dietary tolerances, and dietary preferences Computrition. Visits patients daily to distribute menus. Collects menus and checks for completeness and nutritional adequacy. Uses basic nutrition knowledge to assist patient in making appropriate menu selections as needed. Obtains orders for snacks and special meals as needed. Inform ambulatory patients of opportunity to eat in the dining facility. Knowledgeable of standard diets including liquid, bland, diabetic, low calorie, fat restricted, and sodium restricted. Refers non-standard diets to the dietitian. Refers all TPN/PPN/Enteral nutrition requests to the dietitian. Knowledgeable of portion sizes, correct food temperatures, and appropriate substitutions for a variety of standard diets. Checks sanitation and appearance of plates. Responsible for assisting with and monitoring patient tray assembly for accuracy. Assembles menus for patient tray service (PTS) and cooks and tallies ordered items. Notifies PTS and cooks of changes immediately. Accounts for nourishments available on the wards. May assist in plating items for patient trays. Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties including but not limited to making copies, typing, and answering phone calls. Completes monthly reports. Assists in training dietetic students, military food service specialists, reservists, red cross volunteers, and newly assigned personnel. Medical Support Assistant/Office Automation Performs a full range of receptionist, recordkeeping and miscellaneous clerical duties within the nutrition care clinic. Enters, manipulates and retrieves information and data from automated systems, such as Composite Health Care System (CHCS), the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and Defense Manpower Human Resource System information (DMHRSi). Maintains and monitors patient appointment schedule for the Nutrition Care Clinic. Helps schedule appropriate patient appointments manually in CHCS. Coordinates the nutrition care officer in charge (OIC) and dietitian schedules to include patient appointments. Receives patients and visitors as the initial point of contact, in person and telephonically. Notifies appropriate staff of the patient's arrival for appointments and meetings. Ensures each Patient completes a Nutrition Questionnaire. Coordinate meetings for the OIC with other departments throughout the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF). Books and schedule nutrition classes for dietitians and dietary technicians. Maintain the Dining Facility Event Calendar. Knowledgeable on multiple computer programs including the following Microsoft Office: Outlook, Work, Excel, Access. Utilizes office automation equipment, word processing software, and mission specific medical software to compile and type a variety of material including progress reports or memos. Generates a variety of reports to indicate the current status of referrals submitted by providers. Establishes/maintains suspense files of referrals deferred to network. Maintains SOPs of all steps and procedures. Types routine correspondence, progress reports, medical statements, memos, and statistical reports using various automation systems and programs. Supply Personnel Receive and account incoming shipments of items. Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products. Assembles appropriate vouchers and/or receipts based on type of transaction. Report overage or shortages to supervisors. Practices safety procedures. Responsible for ordering, receipt & storage of rations to ensure all established standards are followed, and maintains accountability of sensitive and high dollar food items. Properly stores subsistence and non subsistence items. Understands and interprets units of measurement. Prepares and Conducts inventories of subsistence and non subsistence items. Maintains stock levels of items. Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory. Reviews menus, work sheets and recipes and determines type and quantities of items required for number of persons to be served and recipe requirements.
- Dietetic Technician/ Medical Support Assistant/Supply Personnel at U.S. ARMY
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Nutrition Care Specialist
- - Dietetics
Hired by Maricopa County after experience through Acro Service Corp
• Provide customer service that ensures client satisfaction
• Assess and determine eligibility and enroll clients for the WIC program
• Conduct nutrition and breastfeeding assessments
• Perform and interpret hemoglobin screening tests and anthropometric measurements
• Provide motivational nutrition and breastfeeding counseling and client centered education, maintain an electronic and paper record of the nutrition care plan, and assign appropriate food packages
• Refer clients to local and state agencies
• Work with interpreters, the medial community as well as local and state agencies
• Attend monthly meetings for nutrition and breastfeeding education
• Flexible to changing circumstances by adapting and changing priorities as required
Hired by Maricopa County after experience through Acro Service Corp
- Dietetic Technician at Maricopa County WIC
- Dietetic Technician at Maricopa County, WIC - Acro Service Corporation
- Diet Representative at HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Hospital
8 months at this Job
- BS - Nutrition and Dietetics
Coordinates and facilitates therapeutic client meals and snacks in a group setting
• Assists dietitian by preparing and serving meals that meet nutritional needs of each client
• Educates clients about how to plan meals based on their nutritional needs
• Delivers nutrition education curriculum for intensive and outpatient programming
• Assists clients in picking out snacks that fulfill their individual meal plans
• Ensures that the kitchen is kept clean, stocked, and well organized
• Coordinates the weekly food order and gathers any additional specialty food items needed
- Dietetic Technician at The Emily Program
- Starbuck's Barista at Kowalski's Market
- Nutrition Service Aide at University of Minnesota Medical Center
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition and Dietetics
• Guide patients with mealtime selections based on individualized diets
• Visit patients with restrictive diets to discuss menu selections and answer questions
• Assist Registered Dietitians with inputting patient information regarding supplements, tube feed, etc.
- Dietetic Technician at Carson Tahoe Health
- Dietary Coordinator at Life Care Center of Reno
- Volunteer at Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Student Intern at University of Nevada
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics - Nutrition and Dietetics
- - Nutrition/Dietetics
• Calculating and preparing infant formulas
• Educating patients about food and drug interactions
• Providing outpatient education and documenting patient progress in Cerner
• Communicating with insurance companies
• Organizing information and presenting at community nutrition events
- Dietetic Technician at Sodexo
- Nutrition Assistant at Mercy Hospital
- Lead Chef at Legends
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition and Dietetics