Responsible Engineer (RE) for digital design for NextEra's nuclear fleet of 5 nuclear power plants. Provides design and project management for digital instrumentation and control modifications to Critical Digital Assets (CDAs) and non-CDAs for various power plant systems. Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure highest engineering standards are met. Prepares software requirements and software design description as part of life cycle development to ensure proper detail and documentation for configuration management. Develops and reviews site acceptance test plans, factory acceptance test plans. Reviews vendor technical manuals, drawings, and piping and instrument (P&ID) diagrams and prepares or modifies functional diagrams in support of project implementation and commissioning. Analyzes technical data and leverages experience of systems, structures, and equipment to meet tight operational deadlines in fast-paced industrial settings with unique environmental requirements. Performs Software Verification & Validation on digital modifications to power plant systems. Ensures strict compliance with government, industry, safety, and quality standards and practices.
• Developed HMI displays to automate paper procedures used for trending and calculations to reduce Operator burden and reduce risk of human error resulting in 5 man hours saved per plant shutdown.
• Primary engineer on the radiation monitor replacement projects, developed control system programs to interface with I&C field equipment via 4-20mA as well as Modbus RTU, and successfully performed field testing on time.
• Currently part of a team supporting the control system upgrade by reviewing requirements, drawings and vendor documents, preparing test plans, and ensuring COTS hardware is procured.
• Upgraded the Reactor Coolant System (RCS) leak rate calculator, freeing up additional time for reactor operators to perform other operational procedures and enhancing public safety.
• Prepared the Engineering Change (EC) package for the Loose Parts Monitor System computer replacement, which resulted in meeting milestone deadlines for reactor shutdown and prevented multi-million-dollar outage delays.
• Modified functional diagrams, control strategy diagrams, and upgraded displays using Foxboro I/A to enhance the operators' ability to monitor power plant conditions.
- Senior Digital Design Engineer at NextEra Energy
- System Engineer III at United Space Alliance, Kennedy Space Center
- Engineer/Scientist I at The Boeing Company
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS) - Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering
Design, implementation, test, integration and delivery of high-speed digital data acquisition and processing for medical imaging devices such as 16 slice and 64 slice CT detector systems
• Evaluate and validate design performance using simulation, analysis and experimentation.
• Develop and maintain design documentation in accordance with FMI standards and industry regulations
• Generate test specifications and develop test methodologies for design verification and validation
• Design and simulation of SERDES interface on Altera Stratix IV device.
• Designed MATLAB GUI to test the 64 slice CT detector A/D board with data analysis and visualization features
• Conducted Static Timing Analysis for optimizing timing requirements of FPGA based RTL design.
- Digital Design Engineer at FMI Medical Systems Inc
- Consultant at Valsatech Corp
- Senior Engineer at Tata Elxsi Pvt. Ltd
- Engineering Intern at Broadcom Corporation
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
DSP RTL Design w/ RISC-V Software Defined Radio Stack – Lattice ECP5 (22 FPGAs) High Voltage Power Supply Microcontroller – Rad Hard Vorago
• (RTL) Ccustom instructions on RISC-V processor for Vectoring CORDIC and passthrough SIMD
• (RTL) SIMD w/ 16/32 vector processors with shared memory
• (RTL) DMAs, GPIOs, Peripheral Control/Status, Timers
• (RTL) 3-stage NCO with Lookup table, Rotation CORDIC, and Variable step CORDIC
• (RTL) Fixed-point reciprocal
• (RTL) APB decoder, slave peripherals
• (RTL) Crossbar to access Vector Memory from DMAs, vector processor, and RISC-V
• (RTL) External interrupt controller compatible with RISC-V wfi instruction
• (RTL) Elastic circuit implementation of Mux’s, permutator, and Vector Memory
• (RTL) Pipelined and retimed Load/Store operations to remove bubbles, lower latency, and improve timing
• Developed DSP functions in C (for the custom built DSP processor)
• (RTL) Implemented constellation mapper and subcarrier allocator for 1024 subcarrier OFDM waveform
• (RTL) Debug/maintained Ethernet controller and custom DAC/ADC controller logic
• (RTL) Implemented bus to communicate between all 22 FPGAs
• Implemented network functions in C, such as tunnels, to capture IP packets and route packets over the air
• Verification suite written in C++ and simulated using Verilator at both block and stack level
• (RTL) Implemented custom, elastic FIFO
• Performed board-bring up and debugged power supplies, Ethernet Phy, and Clock PLLs
• Designed a -5.5V buck-boost inverter power supply board
• Modified MCU to control RF component settings i.e. DAC, ADC, DSA, Mixer, PLLs
• Bare metal implementation of PWM, UART, ADC sampling, and Power Sequencing in C
DSP RTL Design w/ RISC-V
Software Defined Radio Stack – Lattice ECP5 (22 FPGAs)
High Voltage Power Supply Microcontroller – Rad Hard Vorago
- Sr. Digital Design Engineer at Signal Laboratories
- Staff Electrical Engineer - FPGA Design and Verification at Spaceflight Industries
- Sr. Electrical Engineer at Rockwell Collins
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.S.E. - Electrical Engineering
- Senior Digital Design Engineer at KIONIX, INC
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer and Telecommunications Engineering
- Bachelor's - Physics, Minors in Math and Engineering
01886 Working with H1B Visa o Create, maintain and upgrade an Embedded Linux OS for Core Networks Hardware Platform (ATCA). Skills: Source Control, WR Build environment, GNU Make, Linux Kernel and Linux environment. o Evaluate, and incorporate new Hardware into the Development Environment. Skills: Hardware debugging. o Maintain and migrate development tool-chain and environment. Skills: GNU Make, Source Control, ClearCase, GCC implementation o Develop test strategies to facilitate production of currently ongoing design projects. Skills: Manufacturing Process, Design Flow. o Develop test and diagnostic firmware aimed at precise debugging. Skills: Skills: Software design and Testing. Hardware and Software Debugging o Design verification testing. Skills: Software design and Testing. o Being on-call for customer support calls. Skills: Customer Support.
- Sr. Digital Design Engineer at Infinite Convergence Solutions
- Sr. Digital Design Engineer at Motorola Core Networks
- (Internship) - Customer Support Representative at Internet Unison
- NPI Product Engineer at Motorola Connected Home Solutions
9 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Digital Design Engineer at Texas Instruments, Inc
- ASIC Design Engineer at Uhnder Inc
- Digital Hardware Design Intern at Uhnder Inc
- FPGA Design Engineer Assistant at San Diego State University
11 months at this Job
- MS in Electrical Engineering - VLSI System Design
- BS - Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
• integration, testing and support of radio communications test stands
• led a successful team effort to disassemble/ reassemble a test stand for a production laboratory move
• designed and implemented an isolated ethernet network to streamline the production of test stands for the customer's various programs
• managed shipments of completed/repaired hardware to customer sites
• wrote programs in Matlab for analysis of device test data to identify human errors
• wrote hardware and VHDL requirements specifications
• wrote/modified VHDL modules for hardware redesigns
- Systems Test Engineer/Digital Design Engineer at Northrop Grumman
- laboratory instructor and grader for undergraduate C programming courses at San Diego State University
- Engineer Support (summer internship) at Qualcomm
- Systems Engineer at Sterling InfoSystems
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's in Electrical Engineering - VLSI
• Developed RTL code for FPGA partitions and top-level interconnects using VHDL, Verilog, and SystemVerilog
• Wrote SystemVerilog testbenches and TCL simulation scripts for functional coverage using Mentor Questa
• Defined ethernet timeline and packet requirements for EO/IR networks using PTP over UDP/IPv4 at 100Mbps
• Architected DSP algorithms using Xilinx SysGen in order to estimate prospective utilization of FPGA primitives
• Resolved metastabsility and timing closure in FPGA builds with multiple clock domain crossings
• Conducted GTX transceiver testing for Artix-7 FPGAs using LogiCORE IBERT IP
• Designed schematics and multi-layer PCBs using Mentor xDX Designer and xPCB Layout
- FPGA Digital Design Engineer at Raytheon
- Electronics Engineer and Drafter at New Sensor Corporation
- Electrical and Systems Engineer at Professional Systems Engineering
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Digital Design Engineer at Intel
- Design Engineer at
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Electrical engineering
- Master's - Electronics and communication
• A RF Engineers and Analog and Digital Design Engineer Company.
• Used various tools professionally.
• Capable of design and repair of satellte antenna and satellite receivers, telecommunication and video and music equipment.
• Designed and adjusted the satellite antenna placement. RESUME
- Electronic Designer at Viatech International
- Baser Designer at ITT Electron Technologhy Division
- Field Service Engineer at National Computer Systems
- Associate Designer at Midland Ross Corporation
3 years at this Job
- Associate - Computer Technology And Design
- Bachelor's - Communications ( Radio, T.V.), Ciruits Boards Design, FCC license training
- H. S. Diploma - Math, Electronics, Basic Circuits