As a direct care counselor I provide continuous care and assistance to residents in group homes that treat children, adults with special needs. As a Direct care counselor my focus is helping these individuals with special needs meet their potential and improve their lives.
- Direct Care Counselor at Communties for people
- PSE/MPC Mail Processing Clerk seasonal at United States Postal Service
- Security receptionist at Apollo international
- Receptionist/Trident medical Correspondent at Cambridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
1 year at this Job
- Associates degree - Social work/ psychology/ Anthropology
- I am a Direct Care Counselor teaching age appropriate life skills, coping skills, and social skills through modeling, counseling, and other techniques. - I am responsible for maintaining a safe environment for youth who have experienced trauma and/or who have significant emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Direct Care Counselor at Home For Little Wanderers
- Assistant Manager at NeuroRestorative
- Events Coordinator at Brandeis Campus Van/Events Services
- RiteAid Associate at RiteAid
9 months at this Job
- Continuing a Bachelor's Degree - Biology
- High School
Primary direct care counselor, assist in daily living skills including but not limited to personal hygiene, house chores , transportation to doctor, therapy and/or work. Liaison to management, staff, doctors, teachers etc
- Direct Care Counselor at Spectrum for Living
- Direct Care Worker at Taconic Innovations
- Direct Care Worker at Abbott House
- Assistant to Head Beautician at Fab-u-plus unisex
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Medical Billing and Coding
- New York State License Cosmetologist - Cosmetology
The Direct Care Counselor position was responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse (RN) in maintaining the therapeutic environment for hospital patients experiencing emotional dysfunction and requiring behavioral health treatment. Primary responsibilities included maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff, assisting with activities of daily living, implementing therapeutic recreational activities, and identifying and intervening in potential crisis situations.
- Direct Care Counselor at Southwood Psychiatric Hospital
- MILIEU CO-ORDINATOR at THE BRADLEY CENTER
1 year at this Job
- MASTER'S DEGREE - History
- Bachelor's - History
Coordinator / Direct Care Counselor / Maintenance / Staff Mentor
April 2013 - PRESENT
● Mentor youths, in a therapeutic residential setting, in behaving appropriately during daily life, pass medication and maintain HIPPA standards.
● Schedule and help facilitate field trips, group activities, and outside volunteer visits.
● Make necessary repairs to facility and equipment and report to higher maintenance when higher lever repair is required.
● Ensure staff and residents are trained in safety drill and that drills are reviewed monthly and quarterly as required.
- Lead Direct Care Counselor at Sunrise Children's Services
- Assistant Manager at Family Dollar
- Specimen Processor at Ameritox
- Sales Associate at KMART
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
The Counselor is responsible for providing direct care for the children who are the Agency’s clients. The dimensions of this “direct care” responsibility are quite broad. At times, the Counselor acts in a parental role; meeting the basic needs of youth. The Counselor ensures that each child is healthy and safe, makes sure that each is properly clothed and fed and works to maintain a clean and orderly living space. Included in the parental role are the responsibilities to give praise, affection and encouragement to youth and to provide discipline when necessary. At other times the Counselor is cast more in the role of a mentor, instructing youth in social skills, hygiene, basic values, spirituality, homework assignments and the like. The Counselor takes on the role of a trusted and patient adult friend, discussing a youth’s personal life, feelings and interpretations of the world.
- Direct Care Counselor at D. A Blodgett St Johns
- Internship at Kent County Juvenile Detention Center
- Security Officer at Gerald R. Ford Airport
- Games Associate at Cedar Point
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
As a direct care counselor at IGHL I work with a large population of individuals who suffer from many physical and intellectual disabilities. We provide partial to sometimes total assistance, such as, driving and accompanying the individuals on MD appointments, showering, cooking, medication administration, and many other ADL’s needed to get throughout the day. I currently have an active and valid AMAP, DRIVING, CPR, and SKIP certification, and I am willing to do any other necessary training that may be required.
- Direct Care Counselor at IGHL
- CHHA at Premier Healthcare Services
- HHA at Ideal Home Care
- Case worker at Binder & Binder
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Collaborate with a team of staff members within the live-in facility to administer the proper care to clients
• Partner with multiple counselor rehabilitation specialists and medication experts to align clients' goals with an action plan
• Administer and record medications pursuant to State and agency requirements, contingent on site
• Actively document and report individual's progress
• Assist in maintaining an inventory of individuals clothing and personal effects on a routine basis to ensure that individuals are properly clothed
• Support and strengthen clients in every area of daily living that promotes independence
- Direct Care Counselor at Community Action for Human Services
- Home Health Aide at Cooperative Home Care Agency
- Medical Assistant Intern at Morris Heights Health Center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Public Health
Provide direct care for developmentally disabled adults. Assist in the overall care, safety, and well-being of the residents in care, also with their daily living activities, and ensure that goals and objectives are carried out for each of the residents to whom assigned.
- Direct Care Counselor at Lifespire
- Cashier Supervisor/Customer Service at United Staffing Solutions
- Criminal Defense intern (volunteer) at Legal Aid Society
- Receptionist (workstudy) at John Jay
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- None - Forensic Psychology
- Associate - Criminal Justice
Responsibilities I am fulfilling the job duties of a one to one direct care counselor my job duties are showering my patient help feeding him and day-to-day activities
- Direct Care Counselor at Queens Parent Resource Center, Inc.
- Technician at Time Warner Cable
- Technician at optimum
- Unload team at fedex
4 years, 2 months at this Job