03/24/2014– 01/11/2019 Director of Accounting, Lonestar Investments LLc Prepare financial on a monthly basis for a chain of 6 convenience stores/gas stations. I managed the office and all personal in the office. I was responsible for providing all documentation and applications for all licenses necessary to operate the stores. I was responsible for processing the payroll and working with the Managers of the stores to ensure that all times were correctly reported. Among my other responsibilities were engaging with account customers and vendors, HR duties, support for the store managers
- Director of Accounting at Lonestar Investments
- Business Owner / Office & Field Support at Marine Diesel Specialists
- Director of Accounting at Prime Time Stores
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate - Photography
- Some College - Accounting
Received several promotions hired as a senior accounting manager, promoted to assistant controller and again to director of accounting.
• Manage accounting functions for syndication division of Cumulus Media known as Westwood One $336mm annual revenue. Daily management of 2 direct reports and 8 indirect reports.
• Primary responsibilities include managing operations and review of income statement, balance sheet, budgeting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Responsible for capital expenditure accounting of 2.4 billion of assets, also involved with the management of $30mm capital purchasing and budget analysis, in collaboration with senior engineers.
• Additional responsibilities include coordinating and managing deliverables to internal and external auditors including PWC (financial audit), KPMG (capital tax) and EY (bankruptcy valuation fresh start).
- Director of Accounting at Cumulus Media - WestwoodOne
- Senior Accountant at Johnson and Freedman LLC
- Senior Accountant at Cumulus Media
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting and BS Management
I was director of accounting. I also did human resources, payroll, supervised accounting staff, budgeting, customer relations, monthly financial statements. I was audited every year by certified public account. Every audit was very successful.
- Director of Accounting at Birmingham Jewish Federation
24 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school - Bookkeeping
A self motivated financial executive with experience in restaurant and hospitality, property management and non-profit businesses. Proven hands on ability in all aspects of AP/AR, payroll, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, financial statement analysis and cash flow management. Experience working at the Executive and Board level addressing cash flow, budgeting, forecasting and daily operation results. Excellent negotiation skills in insurance renewals and vendor contracts. Known for high integrity, work ethic, commitment to excellence and leadership skills. Proven ability to communicate with all levels within an organization. JustFoodForDogs, LLC - Director of Accounting 5 Kitchens and 7 Pantries October 2017 - present - Oversee general accounting function including cash management/reconciliation, payroll, financial reporting, balance sheet and inventory management. - Accountable for ensuring that good internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected - Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations - Completion of Sales and Use Tax reporting requirements - Ensure that ERP, POS computer systems operate optimally - Lead company audit - Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits for periodic review of company financial records - Ensure that accounting department is staffed with qualified personnel Accomplishments include: - Implementation of ADP Total Source - payroll and benefits - Unraveling POS set up and integration issues - particularly as relating to Sales reporting and Bank transactions - Reconciliation of all significant Balance Sheet Accounts - Cash, Credit Cards, Payroll Clearing, Lease Liabilities and Accrued Liability accounts - Workers Compensation Audit Quickbooks, Lightspeed, Shogo, ADP, Avalara/Avatax, Microsoft Office
- Director of Accounting at JustFoodForDogs, LLC
- LL - HILA - Director of Finance at Mina Group
- Controller at Paul Martin's American Grill
- Head of Finance at Praise International North America, Inc
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.B.A. - Marketing and Finance
Manages and oversees all finance operations and accounting functions. Leads an efficient team to prepare, evaluate, and implement accounting systems, policies, and procedures. Ensures all reports, journal entries, and account reconciliations are without error. Formulates and presents monthly financial statements and documents year end audits. Strategically analyzes information to provide recommendations and creative solutions to business problems. ▶ Implemented practice procedures and streamlined processes saving time and resources on a department-wide and company-wide scale. ▶ Drastically reduced IRS penalties by $150K and reduced accounting team, creating savings of $100K. ▶ Due to dedication to process improvements and cost-reduction initiatives, started as an Accounting Manager and in less than a year, was promoted to the Director of Accounting which replaced the previous Comptroller.
- Director of Accounting at Maruti Fleet & Management, LLC
- Senior International Accountant & International Taxes Lead at KONY, INC
- Senior Revenue Analyst & International Accounting Lead at KONY, INC
- Senior Financial Accountant at Faro Technologies Inc
4 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Responsible for the execution of all accounting, tax, and financial procedures and policies for the Association (20,000 nonprofit membership organization). Responsible for the $20M annual budget process. Responsible for providing support and the best customer service to the membership. Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and billing. Maintain Association accounting records, prepare monthly journal entries, generate monthly financial statements, and attend monthly Board of Director meetings. Implement internal accounting control procedures to safeguard Association assets. Responsible for cash management and investments. Coordinate external audit on an annual basis and prepare various worksheets, schedules and reports. Coordinate human resources responsibilities and benefits administration. Prepare bi-weekly payroll. Fulfill state and federal filing and other requirements for state sales taxes, franchise taxes, corporate taxes, payroll and other related tax matters. Oversaw the implementation of an online billing and payment system for Association membership.
- Director of Accounting at METROTEX ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
- Executive Director of Enrollment Services at SETON HALL UNIVERSITY
- Consultant, PeopleSoft Student Solutions at IBM
- Director of Institutional Research at SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS
16 years at this Job
- BBA - Accounting
Responsible for the overall direction, administration and coordination of all activities of the Finance Department for a multi-operational Racino that includes Gaming, Entertainment, Food & Beverage and Gas Station operations. Specific areas of oversight include Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Revenue Audit, and Cost Analysis.
• Promoted from Financial Controller to Director of Accounting January 2017
• Granted Key Gaming License with the Ohio Lottery Commission
• Responsible for overseeing the general accounting and financial reporting functions, and the financial services areas of accounts payable, payroll, revenue audit, and general ledger
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure company assets are safeguarded and that all financial reporting is in compliance with all financial corporate policies and US GAAP
• Oversees the preparation of and reviews all financial reports, on a timely basis, as assigned. This includes revenue and expenses for all VLT Gaming operations, multiple food and beverage outlets, retail operations and entertainment venues
• Conduct monthly analysis, review, and communication of financial results with internal and external teams
• Coordinate with external, internal and regulatory auditors, the audit of specific areas of Finance, Casino or Company
• Implement, standardize and maintain standard operating procedures for accounting team as a result of Casino grand opening
• Supervise and develop of staff of 16, establish performance standards and expectations and review work assignments
- Director of Accounting at Hard Rock Rocksino
- Controller at Mazzella Lifting Technologies
- Controller at Cavaliers Holdings Co, LLC DBA Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- BA - Business Management
- AA - Business
- - General Studies
• Oversee and direct accounting staff, insuring accurate and timely reporting, and compliance with all federal and state regulations.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, invoices to funding agencies, along with development and monitoring of organizational, grant and donor restricted budgets.
• Assist CEO in preparation of reporting financial information to Bondholders and Board of Directors.
• Improved monthly close from 25th of the month to the 10th of the month, or earlier.
- Controller/Director of Accounting at Goodwill of Southern Nevada, Inc
- Independent Consultant at
- Director of Finance at Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors
- Accountant - Canada at TCS John Huxley
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor in Accounting - Accounting
AIG Inc., New York Dec – 2010 onward Director of Finance – Controller of Agencies and Head of PMO (GI North America) Agency Controller: AIG’s agencies business topline is in excess of $1 billion covering travel insurance, home warranty, aerospace and risk specialists. CFOs of the agencies report to me and are responsible for all finance functions, namely US GAAP closing and reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, budgeting & planning, order to remittance, billings & collections. Finance team headcount is ~40 Head of PMO: The GI Controllers’ group is responsible for submitting GI’s global results to corporate and has 250 employees across multiple US locations and in Finance Center, India. I lead the program management function with primary responsibility for: Accelerate closing and reporting cycle time and reduce post close correcting entries Automation of underwriting close processes via Accounting Rules Engine and Robotics, reinsurance reporting enhancements using tools like Tableau and Qlikview Faster and enhanced reporting of key financial metrics to executive management Practice management aspects like operating model strategy, process migrations goals etc. Actuarial controllership transformation Other AIG Roles: Associate Director, Reinsurance FP&A: Analyzed profitability of $7bn in reinsurance cessions Associate Director, Finance Transformation: Led AIG PC’s Close Transformation Program
- Director of Accounting at AIG
- Senior Manager - Audit at Deloitte
- Senior Manager - Finance at Birlasoft Ltd
- Senior Manager - Organization Excellence Group at ICICI Bank Limited
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Uniform CPA Exam - Accounting
- Chartered Accountant - Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) - Accounting
• Created, maintained, and oversaw the accounting close, consolidation, financial reporting, analytical review, balance sheet reconciliation, and regulatory reporting processes for 4 independent broker/dealers and a holding company reaching over $600 million in assets and $1 billion in revenue, topline growth of over 190% since 2003.
• Developed and managed all accounting policies regarding revenue recognition, cash management, expense recognition, stock-based compensation, software capitalization and amortization, lease accounting, loan accounting, intercompany allocations, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, and fixed assets.
• Monitored all assets for impairment and managed the allowance for doubtful accounts related to the broker/dealers' note programs and sponsor revenue receivables.
• Designed and oversaw the financial modeling over the broker/dealers' strategic initiatives, including any pricing or contract changes, extension of financing, and representative incentive programs.
• Managed the annual external audit, including preparation and review of the audited financial statements and corresponding footnote disclosures, as well as the recurring FINRA and SEC audits related to the broker/dealers' financials.
• Coordinated the construction of the quarterly financial board of director presentations for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
• Lead the preparation of the monthly financial statements, segment profitability reporting, and parent company reporting packages.
• Oversaw the maintenance of the employee special compensation plan models and assisted in establishing annual employee performance targets for bonus eligibility.
• Directed the annual budget process, including creation of the budget, drafting of the narrative, and compilation of the presentation for the management of over $150 million of operating expenses to the board of directors.
• Served the role as the FINOP for the 4 broker/dealers overseeing review of the monthly net capital computations and filing of the monthly Financial and Operational Combined Uniform Single Report (FOCUS) reports with FINRA and the NFA.
• Maintained and ensured that all department policies and procedures operated under a strong internal control environment and in compliance with current GAAP, SEC, FINRA, and NFA rules and regulations.
• Worked closely and reported to the CFO and created, lead, and motivated a department of up to 24 employees, with direct reporting responsibilities over 2 AVPs. Coordinated administrative functions for the department, including: hiring, terminations, annual merit awards, special compensation, and performance reviews.
• Acted as the liaison between accounting and external departments such as tax, legal, compliance, internal audit, and other shared services, with affiliate partners such as Jackson National Life Insurance Company.
• Out of 537 employees, one of the 30 employees retained to lead the discontinuation of accounting and finance operations, as well as the SEC withdrawal of the introducing broker/dealers after the asset sale to LPL Financial.
- Director of Accounting at National Planning Holdings Inc.
- Vice President, Controller and Financial and Operations Principal (FINOP) at National Planning Holdings, Inc
- Assistant Controller at
- Accounting Manager at J.G. Boswell Company
16 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Accounting Minor - Psychology and Accounting