UnidosUS is the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States, works to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans.
• Implement component and departmental goals, objectives, policies, and priorities related to administrative activities.
• Management of onboarding and talent acquisition processes
• Interpret administrative policies, develop and implement organizational policies, define administrative requirements, and report to management on related issues.
• Work with Director of Administration on grant management, administrative, and budgetary responsibilities.
• Resolve work problems and convey administrative policies and technical procedures to staff.
• Streamline processes and procedures for interaction with other components within the organization.
• Manage administrative requirements for the organization's facilities, property, and supplies.
• Determine fiscal requirements of the department and formulate budgetary recommendations; monitor and reconcile department budgets
- Assistant Director of Administration at UnidosUS (formerly National Council of La Raza)
- Director of Operations at Rights Working Group
- Office Administrator at Rights Working Group
- Office Manager/Internship Coordinator at Global Rights
5 years at this Job
- Executive Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
· Started as an executive assistant, and was promoted to Director of Administration when I took over the following responsibilities: managing all financial functions and Human Resources for the Club, including accounting, payroll, AR/AP, departmental budgets, benefits management, onboarding, training and development · Research and write grants, meeting deadlines and maintaining the budgets of the secured grants; create and maintain databases of donor lists and track/maintain grant funding · Plan club events/auctions, write and create newsletters, and assign work to executive staff
- Director of Administration at Boys and Girls Club West Chester/Liberty
- Administrative and Billing Support at Accountemps
- Administrative Officer at Commonwealth of PA, Department of Health
- Enrollment Administrator at Commonwealth Charter Academy
1 year at this Job
- Diploma - Business and accounting
Gladstone, MO Director of Administration May 2016 - Current
• Responsible for all HR functions including performance management and employee benefits
• Processed Bi-weekly payroll for all employees
• Business development, leads follow up, marketing
• Authored and implemented employee handbook
• Oversight of accounting including billing and receivables
• Preparation and submission of tax filings
• Managing new building's renovation and design
• Monitor online customer network and maintenance requests for compliance
- Director of Administration at Link-Lite Networking
- District Manager at Goodwill Industries of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas
- District Manager at Pride Cleaners
- Regional Coordinator at 401K, benefits
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - management
OPERATING AND MANAGEMENT CONTRACT WITH THE FOLLOWING: RED MILL INN - BALDWINSVILLE, NY MANDANA INN-SKANEATELES, NY THE GOULD HOTEL - SENECA FALLS, NY 1014-Present NO. 10 TAVERN LLC. Hamilton, NY Position: DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION ***Position for all the above companies: DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION Second in charge of the above companies and responsible for all administrative functions including but not limited to accounting, human resources, marketing and over site of all departments, staff and operations. Weekly review and controlling of cost of goods, and cost of labor, budget projections and cash flow. Monthly and yearly tax reporting, verification of all income and expense accounts, general ledger balancing and adjusting entries. Job costing along with developing spread sheet verifications of all sales and costs. Oversite and development of the sales staff and strategies. Oversite of general and day to day operations for all properties, event development, staff development and community relations. Contract development and negotiations.
- DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION at HOSPITALITY CONCEPTS LLC
- DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION at EBERHARDT LLC. DBA COLGATE INN
- DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION at EBERHARDT LLC. DBA COLGATE INN
- President/Owner at SOULE CONSULTING SERVICES - TRANSPORTATION CONSULTING COMPANY
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- - Business studies
• 2014-Present Private Jesuit University; 2,072 faculty and staff; $350 million endowment. Senior Director of Administration, School of Law Partner with the Dean of the School of Law to manage budget administration and allocation, finance, cross-departmental communications and collaboration, and faculty / staff coordination and HR. Prepare annual budgets in alignment with School vision and enrollment projections, and submit for approval. Establish all budgetary controls and track expenditures against expectations. Liaise with University Development and Accounting and Business Services to establish and allocate endowment fund spending. Review accuracy of requisitions, check requests, expense reports, and consultant / contractor forms prior to approval. Drive all monthly and fiscal year-end closing accounting and reporting activities. Create effective parameters for financial aid and scholarship awards. Represent the School to the Public Safety Department on risk, safety and security concerns. Manage facility operations. Selected Achievements:
• Ensured compliance with University policies in all aspects of budget management and control.
• Maintained error-free budgetary control by evaluating expenditures and transaction reports to address any discrepancies or problems.
• Facilitated new programs, grant applications, and strategic initiatives by providing subject matter expertise on all budget and operational issues.
• Provided full HR services through development of HR policy and EPAF job postings for the USF job website, as well as consulting on employee issues, preparing HR paperwork, advising on compliance, responding to requests for information along with recruiting, hiring, establishing performance goals, professional development, performance improvement and termination.
• Optimized technology utilization on a school-wide basis in partnership with the Director of Technology, including supporting maintenance, repair, and replacement of AV, telephone, wired and wireless network technology.
• Assured ongoing efficiency and security of facility operations through collaboration with the Facilities Department on utilization of budget funds for repairs, refreshes, remodels, and other required maintenance.
- Senior Director of Administration, School of Law at UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
- Project Manager - General Construction at Self Employed
- Director of Endowment and Investment Accounting at University of California Office of the President
- Assistant Controller - Business & Finance Department at UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Physical Education - Biomechanics & Exercise Physiology
As Director of Administration and Business Development responsibilities included office and production management, website, social media and online review management, relationship management with centers of influences, financial analysis, key measurements and compliance as adhered by corporate franchise reporting requirements. As part of the management team, consistently analyzed processes to ensure seamless communication between departments in a fluid business structure. Recruited and hired production and office staff members as well as trained and managed office team in all aspects of job file requirements while ensuring cycle times and job file audit scores according to corporate set benchmarks. Managed accounting department and developed best practice policies to accurately capture accounting transactions and reporting in accordance with to GAAP, state and federal compliancy's. Managed A/R team to drive collection processes to achieve maximum efficiencies and mentored team on strategy's to collect on "un-collectable" accounts. Responsible for employee personal and professional development training programs, certification programs, teambuilding and leadership skills of 80+ employees.
- Director of Administration and Business Development at Servpro of Renton, S&W Seattle, E Bellevue, Issaquah/N Bend
- Contract Office Manager at I-5 Motor Inc
- Owner/Operator at Fleek Bookkeeping Services
- Controller at Versidata Software Inc
4 years at this Job
- High school
• Direction of the administration, development and operation of the financial reporting and planning system of the council including staff administration, budgeting, auditing, accounting and financial reporting.
• Serve as staff advisor to the Budget, Investment and Audit Committees.
• A member of the Council Management Team
• Manage a staff of 13 over 3 separate teams
• Responsibility for Volunteer Relations: Treasurer, Chairman of Investment Committee, Chairman of Audit Committee and Chairman of Budget Committee
- CFO/Director of Administration at Grand Canyon Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Co-Owner/Operator at RW Enterprises
- Accounting Manger at Aurora School
- Director of Accounting at KMH Financial Services
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- BA - Accounting
- - Computerized Accounting and Business
retired) I served as the Director Administration for the Mike Freeman, the elected county attorney. In that capacity, I oversaw all aspects of his administration, which includes:
• Approximately 450 employees
• A $56,000,000 annual budget
• Contracts and Procurements
• Capital Improvement Projects
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Restitution Collection and Disbursement
• Labor Relations
• Policy Development I was also a member of the management committee, which is comprised of the county attorney, two deputy county attorneys, and the division managers.
- Director of Administration at Hennepin County Attorney's Office
- Court Operations Manager at Hennepin County District Court
- Senior Policy Analyst at U.S. Courts
- Regional Sales Manager at American Bio Medica Corporation
3 years at this Job
- M.S. - Criminal Justice Studies
- B.A. - Sociology
• Responsible for the overall strategic management of the administrative, financial, and staff operations one of the largest social science departments at Harvard University.
• Manage human resources for the department, including recruiting, performance management, compensation, staff relations and training.
• Directly supervises staff responsible for grad and undergrad programs, academic and faculty support, office management, and financial administration.
• Set strategic objectives and allocate resources for execution and nurturing of current and new initiatives.
• Oversee renovation projects and capital projects, including a recent $2M renovation of Robinson Hall
• Develop annual budgets, monitor spending, and oversee payroll and sponsored research activities.
- Director of Administration at Harvard University, History Department (Faculty of Arts and Sciences - FAS)
- Director of Administration and Development at Tufts University School of Medicine, Center for the Study of Drug Development
- Project Manager, Occupational Health at Harvard Medical School, Center for Comparative Medicine
- Practice Manager at Chestnut Hill Dental
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Health Services Management and Policy
- Bachelor of Arts - Creative Writing & Pre-Medical Studies
Rome, GA Feb 93 - Apr 13 Privately-owned distribution company of safety supplies Business Manager & Director of Administration * Second in command of company Operations. * Company's annual sales of over 5 million per year. * Implemented and Managed all Administrative and Accounting processes. * Implemented/Performed all Financial/Accounting procedures and processes; this was my primary responsibility both personally and through delegation/oversight and outside assistance when necessary. * Performed all Payroll for Company: hourly/weekly, bi-weekly salary, month salary and monthly Commission Reports and Expense Reports, as well as paying Payroll Taxes upon each pay period. * Human Resources/Benefits for all Company Personnel: personnel files, Health & Retirement, conflict resolution, maintained employee records, ensure compliance with all federal, state and local labor laws/requirements, new employee orientations and benefits administration, hiring/firing. * Played a key role in increasing retention as well as satisfaction areas. * Trained and Managed Company staff; both in Warehouse and all Office departments. * Implemented/Performed AP duties: three-step matching process through completion of check distribution; extreme attention to detail of units of measure, extended costs, shipping, tax exempt, final costs, etc. * Implemented/Performed/Managed AR & Collections: detailed note taking of conversation through involvement to payment resolution; write-offs, credit memos, credit limits, credit holds, proof of deliveries, etc. * Meeting with Salesmen if there were problems with their Expense Reports, Commission Reports, Payroll, Customers' AR accounts, etc. * Directed the activities of 200 manufacturing partners and 20 direct reports. * Developed and coordinated Customer audit compliance activities. * Customer Service/Data Entry/Customer Account Setup: Courteous, professional Customer Service with accurate Customer Account Setup resulting in correct Price Quotes/Sales Orders which in turn result in correct invoicing and Sales Tax. * Lead in the Company Sales & Use Tax Audit. Responsible for all Sales & Use Tax related daily activities: proper taxability, approve exemption certificates, maintain copy of certificate in Customer File, provide copy of certificate to vendor, if needed, perform state specific tax research. Responsible for all Sales Tax rate changes/exemptions in Customer Accounts or disputes. Responsible for annual Business License renewals. * Sales Orders/Invoicing, Sales Tax: Sales Tax must be correct in Customer Account to be invoiced correctly. Once a Sales Order is created and shipped, it is then created into an Invoice and billed to Customer for payment. * Conducted ongoing need assessments for Company growth. * Planned and maintained Budgets for all departments. * Responsible for all Banking needs and accounts for Company. * Conducted monthly staff and safety training meetings. * Increased Customer satisfaction to 95% * Responsible for safety, quality and productivity of associates. * Interacted with other Department Heads to improve overall Company quality and performance. * Assisted in choosing/implementing new Computer System and responsible for training each Department their module. * Trained all Company's Internal Employees on instructional design, such as the Computer System * Responsible for all aspects of quality incoming, processed and shipped materials * Warehouse & Shipping/Receiving: looking shipment over for damage at first glance, performing a quick count against the packing slip for accurate box count, making any notations on bill of lading before signing. Continue detail packing slip line count notating any discrepancies for AP department, then sign off on it. Trained them on UPS shipping computer system. I oversaw this department.
- Business Manager & Director of Administration at Safety South Supplies, Inc
- Free-lance Court Reporting Firm at
- W.H. Abraham, Jr at MD & Benjamin Box, M.D., P.C
20 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Court Reporting
- - Business