April 2016 to present with particular expertise in career Director of Career Services placement, relationship building, Adjunct Instructor classroom instruction, recruiting, and enriching the awareness of university and Director of Career Services, under the direction of the Campus President, maintains and operate the Career Center through providing a variety of services to assist college sponsored programs through various Antonelli College graduates and students with career planning and placement.
- Director of Career Services at ANTONELLI COLLEGE
- Marketing and Social Media Management Program Advisor at ANTONELLI COLLEGE
- Career Services Coordinator/Public Relations Representative at ANTONELLI COLLEGE
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Relations
- Bachelor's - Marketing
- Associate - Business
• Accountable for training an Associate Director of Career Services
• Responsible for restoring brand awareness in the community
• Poised to exceed all ACCSC Graduate Placement targets
• Ensure that all planned events attribute to placement outcomes in all programs
- Director of Career Services at Miller- Motte Technical College
- Director of Career Services at Platt College
- Director of Career Services at Brown Mackie College
- Business Consultant at Brown Mackie College
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts
Leadership Trainer of seven locations career services departments over Tennessee, Georgia, and Pennsylvania out of thirty locations. Manager of successful results through strategy and monitoring of organizational key performance indicators to meet accreditation guidelines. Acted as a liaison to Executive Director's for each campus to ensure structure balance to Career services departments.
● Cultivated seven campuses into a virtual team through onsite training, virtual webinar calls, and one on one coaching within employer engagement partnership growth, and career services student satisfaction best practices.
● Transitioned seven campuses successful to a new accreditation standard of policies and procedures after acquisition within ninety days.
● Provided performance reviews, assessments, and training assignments through swot analysis for each department and campus culture to ensure the leadership growth within each Director of Career Services.
● Improved each campus placement rate percentage by 25% and produce a model that produces a constant increase of results within each campus within ninety days of hire.
- Regional Director of Career Services at Ancora Education
- System Director of Career Services at Campus Resource Center
- Director of Career Services at ITT-TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
- Staffing Specialist/Recruiter & Business Development at PEOPLELINK STAFFING SOLUTIONS
9 months at this Job
- Masters of Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science
• Increased nursing and medical assistant graduate placement percentage by 11% for 2017 cohort year
• Placed 120+ nursing and allied health graduates in job opportunities based on their field of study
• Delivering job-search focused advising programs and in-class workshops to student body of 224
• Improved student satisfaction by 15% for 2018 year by implementing student focused customer service & support
• Cold calling 40+ new employers daily to develop job leads for nursing and allied health alumni
• Maintaining an active lead generation system to ensure job opportunities are available for alumni
• Facilitating employer relations on campus by organizing, managing, and promoting career fairs, alumni guest speaker panels and career related events
• Managing Career Services Representatives with weekly meetings and daily activity management
- Director of Career Services at Saint Paul's School of Nursing
- Account Manager/Recruiter at ResCare Workforce Services
- Healthcare Recruiter at PRIDE Health, LLC
- Talent Acquisition Specialist at SEEK
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
Managed daily operations of the Brockton Career Services Department, including:
• class instruction & presentations
• student/alumni advising & coaching
• staff training & supervision
• resume writing & interview coaching
• CampusVue reporting
• placement verification
• business plans
• graduate & employer surveys - Secured job placement of graduates from 6 programs (Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, Massage Therapy, Medical Office Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, HVAC) - Planned and executed on-campus recruiting, career fairs & advisory board meetings - Maintained student and graduate records for accreditation - Served as Speaker at New Student Orientations - Acted as Administrator on Campus Facebook page - Assisted Regional Director of Career Services with projects for two other campuses (continued)
- Assistant Director of Career Services at LINCOLN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, Lincoln Technical Institute
- Career Services Representative at LINCOLN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, Lincoln Technical Institute
- Admissions Representative at LINCOLN EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, Lincoln Technical Institute
- Senior Externship Coordinator at BRYMAN INSTITUTE
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Sociology
As Regional Director of Career Services, report to the Regional Vice President and CEO; for the tactical management of Career Services. Supervise a team of 6 Employment Assistance Coordinators in the states of Georgia, Kentucky, and Texas. Advise and report to Campus Presidents proposed improvements, operating metrics, productivity, accreditation benchmarks, and department recommendations. Develop and implement targeted career placement strategies for each campus. Responds quickly when metrics indicated underperforming units are not meeting performance and accreditation goals. Develop, Manage, and forecasts annual budgets, including staffing analysis, placement and hiring rates, and cost structures. Review daily, weekly and monthly performance to ensure sustainable employment at each campus for our graduates
Employment Assistance Coordinator
Collaborates with hiring managers to establish: hiring criteria and sourcing methods; identify and cultivate qualified candidates, oversee assessments and pre employment screenings, build, maintain, and manage staffing vendor relationships. Significantly cut personnel costs and turnover rate through recruitment of career employees. Develops placement contacts and relationships with local resources to ensure 90% placement of Graduates and Completers in their field of study. Plan, implement, administer, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the specific programs, functions, services, and activities of all delegated areas of responsibility. Develop and modify programs/operating systems in response to student needs, division, academic and institutional objectives.
• Manages the daily operations and results for a team of 5 career services personnel which include Externship Coordinator, Lead Development Coordinator, Administrative Support, and College Work Study.
• Expanded Career Services Department to include Externship Coordinator and Employment Lead Development Coordinator that boosted department capability and resulted in a 15% increase in job placement, stronger compliance, and improved student satisfaction.
• Recognized as the College's knowledge expert for Career Services. Responsible for training and mentorship of Career Service personnel throughout the seven campus system
• Exceeded accreditation agency's placement standards with an average graduate placement rate of 88% and total placement rate of 94%.
• Supports the professional development of succession planning and internal promotions through career development meetings along with consistent feedback.
• Trains and assists students in the use of online tools and services for career search. Communicates the career coaching process to current students to align student expectations with resources and programs.
• Maintains all necessary graduate documentation including employment verifications and waivers.
• Oversee the designing, coordination, implementation, and participation in student/alumni career services events, new student orientation, graduation and related activities
• Organizes job fairs on campus, mock interviews with students, invite employers to speak in classrooms, and arrange on-campus interviews
• Conducts quarterly audits to ensure that all placements related data is completed on an accurate and timely basis
• Timely completion and submission of all required reports for Campus Director Regional Directors, COE, and state licensing board
- Director of Career Services at INTERACTIVE COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
- Branch Manager at COMMAND LABOR
- Branch Manager at LABOR READY
- Agent at RANDSTAD NORTH AMERICA
13 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Overall placement numbers for fiscal years 2010-2018 at 79-82%
• Successfully met bench standards with 9 programs with a campus population of 500+ graduates
• Successfully hit bench standards for every program 9 consecutive years
• Accountable for leading the career services team in achieving placement outcomes
• Effectively managed the career services team in meeting 60% externship conversion for all allied health programs
• Oversaw the implementation of core career services workshops
• Conducted various workshop presentation to students which were related to life skills and employment in the marketplace
• Developed and coached all Directors of Career Services on leadership and managerial goals
• Created and developed an Onboarding Training Manual for new career services staff
• Promoted to Regional Director of Career Services for 16/17-18/19 cohorts
• AWARDS: Top Performer Award 2015; Pinnacle Leadership recipient Q1 2015, Q1 2016, & Q1 2018
- Director of Career Services at Florida Career College
- HR Consultant/Recruiter at The Marketing Arm
- Assistant Director of Career Services at ATI College of Health
- Career Services Specialist at Ai Miami International University of Art & Design
9 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Human Resources
- Bachelor of Science degree - Marketing Communications
Director of the Quarter - Q3 2018
Director of the Year - 2018
• Rising Star Recipient - Q4 2016, Q1 2017
• Campus Rising Star - Q2 2017
• CEO Circle Recipient - Q4 2016
• Career Services 2016 Top Department Award
• COE Placement Rate at 87% for 2015-2016 reporting year
• COE Placement Rate at 90% for 2016-2017 reporting year
• Increased externship hire rate from 23% to 36% in 2016; projected goal of 30%, exceeded by 6%.
• Inducted into Leadership Development Program
• Part of SCI Connect's rollout; including beta testing, campus involvement, employer sign on, externship use, ongoing troubleshooting, and training other campuses to use Connect. Duties
• Built effective relationships with local and regional employers, non-profits, government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities for students and alumni.
• Develop and implement plans and strategies to achieve graduate/student employment goals.
• Conducted site visits for the express purpose of enhancing existing relationships with employers / sites and establishing new partnership opportunities.
• Located new employment sites, maintain contact with employers, and coordinate placement activities (resume submittals, interviews, etc.). Document all employer relations activities in Student Administrative System.
• Maintain a database of employment opportunities and resource library, including career guidance references, employment literature, and related information.
• Coordinated panel discussions with industry experts for student/graduate attendance.
• Attended industry-related networking events to build potential employer database.
• Planned and conducted meetings and/or workshops on job search topics for students and alumni.
• Coordinated and attended Job / Career Fairs; participate in campus and off-campus events, including graduation and marketing events.
• Actively maintain an awareness of employment and industry trends and discuss research with Career Services and Education department as appropriate.
• Maintain contact with graduates by generating follow-up calls, e-mails, texts, etc.
- Director of Career Services at Southern Careers Institute
- Regional Liaison at Mindful Management
- Student Services Coordinator at University of Phoenix
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- Associates in Communications - Management and Diversity
Identical duties as Careers Services Coordinator with the addition of delegating careers services duties to the immediate staff, developing and executing college events, attending career fairs to promote school programs.
- Director of Career Services at Douglas Education Center
- Career Services Coordinator at Douglas Education Center
- Office Manager/ Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant at Shumars Welding & Machine Services, Inc
- Quality Assurance Technician at Penn State Tool and Die Corporation
7 months at this Job
•Design and develop the Career Ambassador program with the Career Development Director, incorporating NACE competencies and reflection practices
•Sit on the Carthage pre-health program task force which holds the goal of expanding the program by organizing industry-specific events, enhancing the current advising practices, and collaborating with community healthcare systems to provide students with practical, hands-on experiences
•Supervise 11 students on home office projects (external and internal communications, social media management and data analytics), peer career advising (reviewing résumés, cover letters, and personal statements) and campus outreach (promoting Career Services events, résumé pop-ups and student organization presentations)
•Guide students and alumni with professional and personal development activities such as job searching, résumé and cover letter writing, major exploration, and career changes with the goal of providing individuals with the tools and knowledge to navigate their professional and personal journeys with a strong sense of autonomy
•Collaborate with various on campus departments and individuals such as the Office of Communications, Academic Division Deans, Department Chairs, and Institutional Advancement to organize and promote events hosted by Career Services, and to attract students from all years to attend the events
•Organize career services events and workshops with department colleagues to provide students and alumni with effective programming that aligns with the workforce and generational trends of today
•Re-design Career Services’ informative handouts by updating occupational information using the Occupational Outlook Handbook, researching current résumé and cover letter formats, and communicating with faculty and determining best practices per major and industry
- Assistant Director of Career Services at Carthage College
- Graduate Assistant at St. Cloud State University
- Career Advancement Specialist at RESOURCE Employment Action Center
- Patient Access Representative at St. Cloud Hospital
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Higher Education Administration
- M.S. - Counseling-Rehabilitation
- B.A. - Psychology