Works directly under the Director of Communications and the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management to produce print and digital communications for prospective and current students and their families. Designs all University recruitment materials from the Office of Admissions including brochures, flyers, posters, social media graphics, emails, and presentations. Collaborates with members of the communications team and other departments within Enrollment Services including Financial Aid and Campus Visits. Aids various departments across campus with supplemental recruitment communications. In first six months, completely redesigned all recruitment materials including the university profile (24-page information booklet handed out to any interested individuals) and recruitment and rotating presentations (shown during all official university visits).
- Assistant Director of Communications at University of Arkansas
- Freelance Photographer and Graphic Designer at
- Sales and Marketing Assistant at Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies
- Mapping Technician at Garver
2 years at this Job
- BA - Journalism Advertising/Public Relations
Chief Financial Officer of Puerto Rico
●Prepares the Department Director for presentations, speeches and official appearances
●Develops social and electronic media strategies that support communications initiatives.
●Conducts public education programs and presentations
●Assure consistency and quality of communications materials and alignments with corporate/government guidelines and expectations.
●Social media manager
●Press release and press conference
- Director of Communications at Department of Treasury of Puerto Rico
- Prepares the Department Director at Official of Communications
- News Director at NotiUno 630, Uno Radio Group, P.R
- Professor at NotiUno 630, Uno Radio Group, P.R
1 month at this Job
- Master of Communications and Public Media - drafting media
- B.A. - Communication Technology
www.tax.newmexico.gov/www.mvd.newmexico.gov/www.rld.state.nm.us As the Director of Communications it is my job to work closely with the Taxation & Revenue Cabinet Secretary and Regulation and Licensing Superintendent in developing and implementing strategies to effectively communicate the Departments' visions, goals and policies with all stakeholders, both internally and externally, in a timely manner. Internally I am tasked with informing all employees about the Departments' strategic missions and goals through a variety of communications tools. I also work closely with all divisions and bureaus to showcase their innovation and employees' accomplishments. Externally I am charged with building, nurturing, and maintaining a strong network of communications with external stakeholders, primarily the media and other state agencies. I accomplish this by issuing press releases, writing op-eds and articles, providing on camera interviews, organizing news events for the Secretary, Superintendent, and Governor and staying in constant communication with the media and other agencies. I am charged with organizing and implementing public outreach strategies and marketing campaigns to educate the public. Additionally I review and approve all content and design for internal and external websites.
- Director of Communications at New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department | NM Regulation and Licensing Department
- Policy Analyst at Rio Grande Foundation
- Committee Assistant & Analyst at New Mexico House of Representatives
- Non-Profit Administration Internship at New Mexico Child Advocacy Networks
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - History and Psychology
• Promoted to Director of Communications after three years at the organization
• Oversee the marketing and communications strategy, planning, and execution of the organization's three entities: church, school, and preschool
• Responsible for the development and design of new websites and partner with SEO companies to create an effective and interactive web experience
• Design and produce all marketing materials for three business entities, keeping the brand identity consistent
• Partner with local organizations to plan and produce community-wide events
• Oversee and coordinate the visual appearance of the Bethany campus
• Participate in all staff meetings, trainings, seminars, conferences, and pertinent events
- Director of Communications at BETHANY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP
- Personal Assistant at TRISHA ALDEN INDEPENDENT REPRESENTATION
- Administrative Assistant & Creative Arts Coordinator at
- Receptionist at SALON POP & BARBER SHOP
3 months at this Job
- - Fashion Merchandising
- - Business Management
The foundation for the no-profit PIEPP was built during the Lorna Phillipson for Congress Campaign (NJ's 4th Congressional District) in November 2015. As Candidate Phillipson's Director of Communications, I crafted the key message, the tone and talking points, and all strategic communications for the campaign. Creating dynamic press releases, voter communiques, campaign literature, and media blasts based on our discussions with voters, elected officials, business owners and other community stakeholders. As the architect of the campaign message I focused on the candidate's vision to create long-term economic solutions to current difficult Public Policy challenges. Now as Director of Communications for PIEPP, I use the lessons learned on the campaign trail to effectively articulate Institute President and Founder Lorna Phillipson's vision of diverse economic equality from multiple platforms.
- Director of Communications at The Phillipson Institute for Economic and Public Policy (PIEPP)
- Borough Councilman at The Historic Borough of Allentown
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.A. - Writing and Literature
- B.A. - Literature and Writing
The Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies advances understanding of housing issues and informs policy. Through its research, education, and public outreach programs, the Center helps leaders in government, business, and the civic sectors make decisions that effectively address the needs of cities and communities. As Associate Director of Communications, I oversee the Center's external relations, digital media, and strategic communications. Additionally, I manage the Center's Policy Advisory Board, a group of approximately 60 CEOs and senior executives from major companies in the housing industry.
- Associate Director of Communications at Harvard University, Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Content Marketing Specialist at Demandware
- Communications Manager at Harvard University, Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Communications & External Relations Coordinator at Harvard Kennedy School and the Harvard
3 years at this Job
- Master of Liberal Arts - Business Management
- Bachelor of Education - English
Jan. 2015 - Oct. 2017
The nation's third-largest broadband and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services to approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Privately held. Atlanta. www.cox.com
• Fully responsible for developing and implementing a California-wide internal and external communications strategy leading a team of six managers and specialists, working across a matrixed organization.
• Direct strategies and tactics that promote company visibility, image, and increase public awareness and consumer propensity to do business with Cox. Oversee external communications strategies, both proactive and reactive. Serve as company spokesperson.
• Create public relations programs that positively position company's residential and commercial products and services to current and potential customers.
• Direct internal communications programs to ensure that employees understand and support key business and public policy strategies, and enhance their understanding of their roles in achieving company goals.
• PR tactics serve as template for national program, due to their success in California. Director, Corporate Communications
- Director of Communications at COX COMMUNICATIONS
- Director of Corporate Communications at WASTE MANAGEMENT, INC
- Corporate Communications Manager at SEMPRA ENERGY
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate Early Childhood Education - Education
- B.A. - Journalism
Contracted by clients to provide short and long-term strategic marketing and communications plans and programs: Retinal Consultants of Arizona/Retinal Research Institute (Remote Director) Bryn Mawr Communications (Freelance Writer) Lighthouse Central Florida Quest, Inc. HelpMeSee - Global NGO (Remote Director) Freelinc (NFMI) (Freelance PR Consultant) TopFireMedia (Freelance PR Consultant) Partner with clients to help them in achieving business objectives, developing and delivering media relations, marketing and brand messaging strategies. Create and launch programs, processes and initiatives for driving client success. Serve as Remote Director of Communications and Special Projects for Retinal Consultants of Arizona and Retinal Research Institute. Developed a multi-tiered communication plan for all 35+ locations that consisted of launching PR efforts, community education program and social responsibility program. o Utilized all platforms, PR, outreach, broadcast, social media and print press to promote company; secured 2+ monthly stories per month on local broadcast news programs and print publications. o Launched a community education program to enhance the knowledge of eye health diseases and services available. Utilized communication tools and social media to deliver program to the community. Built partnerships with ADA, Endocrinologists, Podiatrists and other healthcare professionals to deliver support groups, diabetes awareness presentations and speaking engagements. o Provided continuing medical education credits for MDs and continuing education credits for Optometrists via webinar series. o Assisted in launching local non-profit (www.projectsena.org) benefiting Native American population by providing scholarships for international ophthalmology programs. Developed partnership with Maricopa County Skill Center for securing entrance into Ophthalmic Assistant Training Program for Native American students; so far have graduated 5 students since 2014. o Coordinated and led social responsibility initiatives; traveled to Nepal after a large earthquake in 2015 and helped deliver food and supplies to small villages around the Himalayan Foothills. Recruited as Remote Director of Global Communications for the global non-profit, HelpMeSee. Developed and introduced all marketing and communications efforts, including media relations, PR and social media. o Created, implemented and managed global communications program to include film production, story development and program management. Established a database for photography, stories and videos to create the storyteller program by developing network of global contacts to share their story. Identified individuals from each hospital and eye institute across Nepal, India, Western Africa, Peru and China. o Produced and edited all video stories, posting on social media and YouTube channels. o Educated all partner institutions to utilize stories in fundraising and PR materials to educate the community on ophthalmic diseases and treatment. o Oversaw a full website design; launched media relations and PR programs. Provided communications consulting for Lighthouse Central Florida, a non-profit agency serving persons with low vision and blindness. Created, implemented and managed marketing and communications strategy plan to increase awareness and educate the community.
- Senior Communications Consultant/Director of Communications at ATHANASON COMMUNICATIONS
- Communications Manager/Public Affairs Officer - Flying Eye Hospital at ORBIS International
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Journalism & Mass Communications
ABANA is a Business Association for finance professionals and institutions with interests in the Middle East and North Africa Director of Communications ABANA is thirty years plus organization that is guided and serves who's who executives from the top international financial institutions. In recognition of the continuous dynamic global changes within the financial industry, I was hired to work with the Board of Directors to reshape the strategic imperatives of the organization. Strategic Corporate Identity * Transform the organization to becoming a premier subject matter expert within the field of finances and economics as it relates to the regions of the Middle East and North Africa. * Expand ABANA's reach and impact beyond North America including governments, business associations, private sector, academia, and media. * Create more diverse and sustainable sources of revenue. Thought Leadership * Develop a fully integrated communications strategy and programs to facilitate full migration to the digital space. * Design and implement vehicles that support ABANA's ability to be the creator of orginal content. * Create tools and to better utilize, and showcase ABANA's leadership, executives, and memebers. Internal Communications * Upgrade the on and offline direct communications mechanisms with members, partners, and other stakeholders. * Grow current membership. * Devise innovative, and ongoing approaches to crate added value communications and events that increases interest, and participation among stakeholders.
- Director of Communications at ABANA
- Director of Communication at WESTERN UNION
- Head of Communications & Marketing at GFH CAPITAL
- Communications & Marketing Manager at ETOILE FASHION GROUP
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
As Director of Communications I have had the great honor of using my talents as a writer and communicator to assist Jilletta Jarvis' campaign in obtaining media attention through maintaining contact with the press and writing various news articles that have been published throughout the state.
- Director of Communications / Jilletta Jarvis for Governor of NH - NH at Communications I
- Insurance Sales Agent at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- Automobile Sales / Lee Auto Malls/Bill Dube at Foss Motors
- Sales Consultant / S&C Satellite Entertainment LLC at Residential Satellite TV
1 year at this Job
- High school or equivalent