With 550-plus members, Kiwanis Club of Birmingham is the largest Kiwanis in the world and one of the oldest civic organizations in existence. The club meets weekly at The Harbert Center where speakers of the highest caliber address timely and relevant topics. To celebrate its 100 years of service, the club recently raised funds for and built Kiwanis Centennial Park and Kiwanis Vulcan Trail, a $5.8 million expansion at Vulcan Park & Museum. I became the organization's first Director of Communications in October 2016 - three weeks before the launch of the Centennial Campaign, the largest fundraising effort in the Club's history.
• Branding and Graphic Design: Create all communications with consistent messaging and branding
• Fundraising: Develop and execute fundraising campaigns as well as writing and managing all grant applications
• Email Marketing: Create dynamic email communications to drive open rates and ultimately increase attendance at events
• Social Media: Launched social media presence for club and manage presence increasing audiences on all platforms
• Website Design: Designed new website making it more visually appealing and user friendly and now maintain it adding new features as needs arise
• Public Relations: Work with media outlets for coverage of special events and speakers of note and serve as spokesperson for the organization
• Event Planning: Plan and execute special member-only events as well as public events
• Videography and Photography: Photograph and video all events for dissemination to internal and external audiences
• Work closely with Board of Directors creating and presenting monthly dashboard to graphically show key metrics for club growth and sustainability
- Director of Communications at Kiwanis Club of Birmingham
- Principal at SOSIE Freelance Marketing Writing Design
- President (Volunteer) at Brookwood Forest Elementary School Ranger PTO
- Creative Chair (Volunteer) at Junior League of Birmingham
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Journalism
MerServe is a student-led service programming board on the Macon campus of Mercer University that plans and implements service events in the Macon-Bibb area for Mercer University students. As Director of Communications, my responsibilities included overseeing the Communications Team, creating social media and outreach campaigns, creating digital graphics, connecting students and student organizations to volunteer opportunities, and managing the organization's social media accounts.
- Director of Communications at MerServe
- America Reads, America Counts Tutor at Mercer University Center for Community Engagement
- Volunteer Recruiter at MerServe
- Teacher's Assistant at Biology Department of Mercer University
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Public Health
- BS - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Accountable for all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) including digital marketing campaigns, content, and images. Selected Results: * Increased Instagram by 167%, Facebook by 75% and Twitter and LinkedIN 39% combined. * Increased attendance for Admission Open Houses through social media campaigns. * Editor of The Rectory News. Responsibilities * Work directly with Director of Communications to develop social media strategy, highlight all aspects of the school including academics, athletics, middle and elementary schools, electives, MELP (March Experiential Learning Program), and more and vary the content between all the channels. * Work with the Admissions Department promoting open houses and international travel to recruit perspective families. * Design and generate social media campaigns for Alumni and Development to solicate donations. Promote alumni events throughout the year. * Editor of The Rectory News, overseee all compilation of photography and editorial content. Write and edit the bi-monthly newsletter. * Spearhead compilation of images, content and "voices" for a centennial publication. *Attended the Finalsite conference in June 2018.
- Associate Director of Communications at RECTORY SCHOOL
- Assistant Director of Communications at RECTORY SCHOOL
- Founder/Director at ISLE Magazine and ISLE Communications
- Marketing Director at Nicholas Mosse Pottery
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Italian Art History, Italian
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History - Art History/ Senior Thesis on Italian Maiolica/ Junior Thesis on Italian Macchiaoli Painters
He effectively coordinated the activities of communication personnel and telephone technicians at Naval Headquarters, as well as the communication personnel in the 5 CIT stations and 2 CIT workshops across Nigeria. Kunle was able to streamline the efforts of all communication personnel and civilian staff under him by ensuring that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines were clearly demarcated. He also enhanced the productivity of his subordinates by delegating responsibility, clarifying expectations and holding officers and senior rates accountable for their respective responsibilities. On several occasions when he acted as the Director of Communications and Information Technology, he took charge decisively and accomplished the required responsibilities effectively and efficiently. He was a good and successful disciplinarian who ensures that his subordinates always reflect sound disciplinary standards, which has helped to guarantee smooth and efficient delivery of communication services for the Nigerian Navy. He exhibited fairness and firmness in the administration of the personnel under him, bringing about significant gains in team work and output. He was actively involved in the welfare of his subordinates, thereby motivating them to work more efficiently. He wa tactful and readily secures cooperation from others, a skill he demonstrated while serving as member of various committees. He also demonstrated deft ability to plan, organize and resolve issues in a systematic and efficient manner.
- Deputy Director of Communications at Security Agencies Seminar on Cyber Security
- at National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies
- at Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre
- at Abuja Nigeria
1 month at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy in Public Policy & Administration - Public Policy & Administration
- Master in Strategic Studies - Strategic Studies
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Certificate in Computer Studies
- Master in International Law and Diplomacy - International Law and Diplomacy
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics - Mathematics
Fort Lauderdale, FL
A member based, nonprofit organization responsible for overseeing the Riverwalk District in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. Riverwalk is also responsible for activating the District
through a variety of events that range in size from 25 to over 10,000 people. Finally,
Riverwalk publishes Go Riverwalk magazine - a monthly publication that covers business, the arts and culture scene and other happenings in the city. Director of Communications & Development December 2017 - Present
• Incorporated the duties of Business Development Director into this new role
• Composed and distributed all press releases and media alerts
• Succeeded in researching and writing a variety of grants
• Maintained the online events calendar and the calendar listings in Go Riverwalk magazine
• Oversaw all social media accounts and scheduled regular postings
• Administered the organization's website
- Director of Communications & Development at Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
- Events Assistant at Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
- Business Development Director at
- Volume Sales Specialist & Marketing Coordinator at AMC Liquidators
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of General Studies in Communications & Management - Communications & Management
- Master of Ceremonies - various events
Managed a powerhouse creative team that concepted and produced experiential fashion events for profit, as well as for Texas Legacy Foundation, a Texas-based (501) (c) (3). Managed budget of events ranging from $10,000 to $15 million.
• Oversaw media initiatives that made the production company a well-known, stand-alone brand
• Helped orchestrate the development of exclusive software designed to sell ticketing and seat selections to special event consumers as well as a unique fashion app, now available on iTunes
• Served as co-spokesperson for the company, communicating with media representatives, vendors, talent, and partners as well as co-executing events, sales, and communications initiatives
• Served as Director of Communications for three companies (Heart of Fashion, Viv LLC, and Saint Viv) and Executive Assistant to the Founder and CEO - a respected entrepreneur, philanthropist, and international fashion influencer
• Promoted 3 times from contract work to Director within 3 years.
- Director of Communications & Executive Assistant at HEART OF FASHION, LLC
- Public Relations Associate at Houston Ballet
- Chairman, Music Entertainment at University of Arkasnas
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Journalism - Advertising & Public Relations
Director of Communications for the Metro Atlanta ISSA Chapter (Volunteer – September 2018 to Present) · Responsible for all communications held by ISSA Atlanta regarding ISSA chapter meetings, training events, and International and local conferences. Introduce speakers at conferences and disseminate information at conference booth · Board Member for ISSA International and the Atlanta ISSA Chapter to support primary goal of promoting management practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources.
- Director of Communications (Volunteer) at ISSA International (International Systems Security Association)
- Program Manager (Consultant) at MARTA
- Sr. Project Manager, Application (Consultant) at Delta Airlines
- Program Manager (Consultant) at Verizon Telematics
6 months at this Job
- Microsoft Certified Professional - Computer Network
- - Information Security Consortium
Hired as a call taker and EMT, promoted to Manager of the Communications Department after 2 years and then Promoted to Director of Communications 6 months later.
• Answering phones in a professional manner
• Taking and recording patient demographic and medical information into a billing and dispatch system.
• Ensuring medically accurate information for billing and necessity.
• Communicated regularly with nursing staff, social work, families of patients, and administration at hospitals and patient care facilities.
• Handling questions and issues in compliance with company procedures and following directions from management on resolution of issues.
• Customer Service to the highest standards Emergency Medical Technician: This certification is a state and national based medical license, which is the Basic Life Support Standard of Care for Maryland.
• Presenting a professional demeanor at all times to facilities, hospitals, and patients.
• Assessment of patient conditions and current medial complaints
• Documentation of all patient contacts in compliance with Standards of Care
• Transportation of patients and their belongings to and from medical facilities
• Operation of Ambulance and other Emergency Vehicles in compliance with Maryland Laws
• Maintaining extensive knowledge of all hospitals and transportation conditions for the state of Maryland during shifts.
• Participation in Continuing Education, Field Training, and New Hire Orientations.
• Customer Service. Manager of Communications Department:
• Oversaw a full shift of 6-8 people in the Communications Department
• Handled Customer Complaints, and transportation issues that arose during shifts, in compliance with company policies and priorities
• Dispatched units to handle emergency and non-emergency transportation requests, out of the companies 4 satellite Offices.
• Assigned Crews in the Computer Aided Dispatch system
• Maintained daily records of issues, resolutions, and crew conducts to communicate with satellite office managers
• Participated in trainings for communication department staff
• Advised in employee hiring and termination
• Conducted and evolved New Hire Orientation, including development of materials and presentations.
• Creating a culture of excellence, dedication, and high standard of customer service for all employees. Director I:
• Oversaw the day to day operations of Butler Medical Transport, a multi-million dollar company.
• Directly managed a communications department of 15 employees
• Assisted in managing field operations consisting of 300+ employees
• Made decisions regarding hiring, discipline and termination
• Creation and customization of new employee scheduling
• Over saw the transition of the communications department as new contracts were acquired and business expanded.
• Over saw on time and payroll percentage to ensure proper utilization of resources
• Develop and implemented dispatch policies and procedures to stream line the training process
• Oversaw the implementation of a "dispatch academy" to stream line the training process of new hires
• Served on the Accident Review, Medical review MIEMSS, Senior Management and Operations committees.
• Managed reports for customers that included monitoring "On time performance" in order to maintain exceptional customer service.
• Handled customer complaints company wide.
• Oversaw IT upgrades to the communications center as company transitioned to a new corporate office.
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS at BUTLER MEDICAL TRANSPORT
9 years at this Job
Director of Communications
• Work with staff to develop a communication plan in line with our Mission and Values.
• Update and maintain website.
• Work with Ministry Groups on what communication outlets would best accomplish their goals.
• Work with Minister of Community Connections to match available group and service oppportunites with congregation members.
- Director of Communications at St. Stephen Lutheran Church
- Executive Administrative Assistant at St. Stephen Lutheran Church
- Independent Star Manager at Tupperware
- Sales Support, Marketing and Purchasing Coordinator at Florida Petroleum Services
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Worked closely with the Directors of Communications, Admissions, and Advancement to create and manage a digital
marketing plan for various constituents
• Identified, wrote, and posted/distributed news stories that help promote the school, strengthen the brand, and increase visibility
• Served as a content generator and manager of CM's social media pages, including but not limited to, athletics, admissions, and advancement
• Analyzed website and social media metrics to help create compelling editorial content and develop/execute campaigns
• Wrote and distributed email marketing campaigns (and managed the email database), including This Week on Baker Street for the parent community, and the monthly Knightline, and all additional email communications as needed
• Acted as the primary graphic designer for Communications, Advancement, Athletics and Admission materials
• Worked with printers to obtain quotes and manage the print process from start to finish
• Assisted with advertising placement and management (print, digital, etc.)
• Responsible for school photography and videography
• Responsible for capturing images for use in marketing materials, website, social media, and other marketing related projects
• Worked with the Director of Communications on filming/editing for marketing/admission/advancement related videos
• Responsible for photographing 6-10 major weeknight/weekend events during the school year
• Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Communications
- Assistant Director of Communications at Catholic Memorial School
- Communications Associate at Catholic Memorial School
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in English - English