Served as Director of Construction for a residential and commercial construction company specializing in general contracting with a focus on renovations projects around the Northern Virginia region. Examples of functions include:
• Increased sales to over $4 Million in the 1st year.
• Developed and implemented $25 Million growth plan.
• Responsible for and managed multi-million P&L
• Established presence within the marketplace by developing and implementing marketing plan.
• Delivered key, timely updates on business to partners and investors.
• Conducted and performed site surveys during various stages of the construction project.
• Reviewed construction technical documentation for accuracy, feasibility quality and conformance to industry standards.
• Supervised and guided other staff throughout the construction process.
• Ensured all construction processes were completed as per safety and quality guidelines.
• Spearhead strategic direction of business with introduction of various initiatives.
• Leverage knowledge of competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
• Represented company at local industry events and home shows.
• Researched, developed, and executed plan from conception.
- Director of Construction at Pro Source Contracting
- New Home Construction Manager at Stanley Martin Homes
- Senior Project Manager at Kenzie Cole Contracting
- Project Manager at Kenzie Cole Contracting
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Operations & Project Management
• Director of Construction on commercial building construction projects.
• Self Storage Facility, Boston, MA
• Self Storage Facility, Newton, MA
• Self Storage Facility, Wakefield, MA
• Responsible for all buyout, financial, contractual, technical and scheduling issues.
• Interpreted and enforced Contract Terms, Specifications, Drawings, Subcontracts and Governmental Codes.
• Manage 75 separate Subcontracts in the performance of the physical construction.
• Maintain positive relationships with the project owners, designers, subcontractors and public agencies.
• Total Value of projects managed: $50 Million.
- Director of Construction at SSG Construction II, LLC
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER at Tishman Construction Company
- INDEPENDENT CONSTRUCTION CONSULTANT at INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT
- SENIOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER at Suffolk Construction Company
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Facilities/Design/Build Maintenance Company based out of New York City Director of Construction/Safety Director Oversee all pre-construction/ construction/ facilities maintenance throughout the United States and Canada. Work with clients to determine construction/management needs. Generate contracts and oversaw development of project estimates. Direct all pre-construction activity, including purchase orders, subcontractor agreements, and work scope. Manage project budgets. Meet with project managers and field personnel to determine schedules, deadlines, and workflow. Act as company safety director, monitoring sites and educating field and office personnel on safety and project management methodology's. Hold monthly financial meetings with clients and owners. De velop new business leads and secure new clients.
- Director of Construction/Safety Director at The ConArch Group
- Senior Project Manager at Richter Ratner Contracting Corp
- Design/Build Project Manager/On site Supervisor at Klay Construction
- Supervisor/Project Manager NY at Structure Tone Inc
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Architecture, and Engineering
- BA - Finance
Responsibilities as director of construction included the creation of new process and procedures to improve on job inefficiencies, final job quality, and to meet project deadlines. I selected and coordinated the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers as well as negotiated costs and deal points of subcontracts. I excelled in controlling project financials through invoice tracking, cost forecasting, and project budgeting. This was performed through actual cost analysis whereby creating cost keys and price masters for accurate comparisons. Accomplishments: * Provide guidance and direction to sub-contractors, vendors, and accounting staff to maintain cash flow objectives for the benefit of each group, improving efficiencies by 50% * Manage financial aspects of projects $1.5M in value through accurate budgeting, negotiating contracts with subcontractors, and monitoring progress billings * Hire, coach, and or train 5 project managers across California in less than 3 months
- Director of Construction at Osborne Homes
- Operations Manager at Qwest Inc
- Accounting Department Manager at South County Drywall, Inc
1 month at this Job
- Executive MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
As the Director of Construction and Operations I have the responsibilities of managing all aspects of construction and development while keeping the Midland office operations organized and flowing. My current team I manage is three construction field staff, three development hands, two administrative personnel and one accountant. Our outside team members that I work with often are two plan designers, an interior designer, two real estate agents and engineering. Tallwood Homes varies in all types of construction; we currently have two custom home additions that are owned by Tallwood, we have seven custom homes currently under construction in the $600-$800 thousand range. Starting in March construction will begin on a grocery store to serve the rural area, also we will begin construction on a water and sewer lift station system that will supply 1600 lots that will eventually be developed over the next 4-5 years. I am currently in the early pricing of amenities of an Addiction Rehabilitation Center Campus that will begin construction in the third quarter of 2019. We are also scheduled to break ground on a 800 lot housing development in April 2019.
- Director of Construction & Operations at Tallwood Homes & Development
- Project Manager/Owner's Representative at Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Co-Owner/President of Construction & Operations at Dream Home Builders, Inc
- Project Manager at Ideal Homes of Norman
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration & Marketing
Directs all priorities, schedules, and timelines for multifamily projects and renovations valued up to $500K. Oversees all
employee and contractor interviewing, supervising, training, and performance for Project Managers, Superintendents,
Foremen, contractors (all trades), and workers. Visits sites frequently and provides updates to Owners; manages and monitors budgets and inspects all aspects of construction, repair work, equipment and work orders through completion.
➢ Improved safety by requiring teams to send job site photos, ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
➢ Implemented a new preventative maintenance program for clients which included daily activities, photos, issues, milestones, and budget tracking. Increased profits with value engineering and job costing.
- DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION at PALOMINO CONSTRUCTION
- NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION at PEM RESIDENTIAL
- PROJECT MANAGER/OWNER at ROHAN CONSTRUCTION
- DIRECTOR at CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Licensed General Contractor
- - General Coursework
• Developed a marketing program targeting owners and architects to increase revenue; company was doing $10.2M a year; increased revenue to $15M in the first year; reviewed and approved marketing materials and website.
• Directs multiple projects; interacts with all team members; develops SOW; implemented project management software.
• Assess construction drawings; provides cost-effective measures and value engineering of drawings.
• Creates budgets and monitors variances; prepares detailed schedules for each project.
• Negotiates client contracts; handles change orders and subcontractor proposals; participates in meetings.
• Supervises a staff of 25; includes in-house and field personnel, estimators, coordinators and managers.
• Collaborates with the staff in preparing estimates and bid proposals.
- Director of Construction at Gateway Construction
- Director of Construction at Metro Resources LLC
- Project Executive at InterServ LP
- Vice President of Construction at Projexs
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts degree - Business Administration
Staten Island Capital Projects)
• Administered capital projects during the construction phase to ensure projects are completed on-time and within budget.
• Managed a staff of construction resident engineers, including assignment to projects and reviewing their work for compliance with agency procedures and requirements.
• Directed contractors on compliance with plans and specifications.
• Served as a liaison with other agencies and departments, utility companies, contractors, consultants, community boards and the general public.
• Reviewed and commented on contract plans and specifications including constructability review.
• Developed creative solutions to solve problems while working in a variety of conditions and situations.
- Deputy Director of Construction at NYC DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
- Assistant Director of Construction at NYC DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
- Senior Resident Engineer (CPM Level II) at NYC DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
- Job Captain (CPM Level I & Level II) at NYC DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
Mark Ferguson joined Sequoia Construction (a division of UL Coleman Companies), January 3, 2018 as Senior Project Manager. He was named Director of Construction for Sequoia Construction in May 2018. UL Coleman Companies is a leading full service real estate company providing diverse expertise for commercial and multifamily development, .As Director of Construction, Mark manages all aspects of Sequoia Construction from the onset of planning and designing projects through the completion of all construction processes,including directing all construction and administrative staff within the construction department.
- Director of Construction at U. L. Coleman Companies
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER at David Boland Construction
- PROJECT DIRECTOR at MBA Construction Company
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER at McInnis Brothers Construction, Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Construction Management
River Grove, IL 2018 - Present Responsible for all aspects of the oversight, direction and growth of this multi-state General Contracting company specializing in tenant build-outs, remodels and refresh projects in the retail, healthcare and hospitality industries. Manage, develop, mentor a team of 4 Construction Managers, 2 Project Coordinators, 2 Administrative Assistants, as well as field crews and superintendents. Forecasted to complete $11M worth of projects in 2019.
- Director of Construction at CLM Specialty Construction
- J4 JPBO NCOIC at US Navy
- Director of Operations at CLM Midwest
- Sr. Client Services Manager at Eurest Services
3 months at this Job
- A.A. - General Studies