Title: Regional Director of Development Responsible for: Planned Giving Society-list of 800- secured 60: Former Employee Giving, cultivation of individual gifts, grants, signature events, capital campaign. Founder of Strategic Fund Development Council. 2013 to present Consultant working various projects - some unemployment during these years. No longer employed by a company. Retired.
- Regional Director of Development at Strategic Fund Development Council
- Reggie Ingram, Vice President at AbilityFirst-Cripple Children Society of Southern California
- Administrator at Tile V
- Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations at Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Journalism
The University of Tulsa is a private, independent, doctoral-degree granting institution that ranks in the top 100 national universities. As the director of development for the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences and as a liaison for the university, my responsibilities center on connecting alumni, donors and partners all over the globe to TU. This is accomplished through:
• Exceeding revenue targets by securing annual and estate planned gifts in support of the university's current $400M campaign and its $1B endowment through personal contact and various marketing means.
• Identifying naming opportunities for the $34 million Keplinger Hall capital renovation project and match those opportunities with donors.
• Creating new funding opportunities, including research, recruitment, scholarships, sponsorships, internships and specific program support.
• Coordinating and execute various university sponsored events.
• Representing the university at civic events.
• Visiting donors, both individuals and corporations in the U.S. and abroad to cultivate relationships and solicit funding.
• Overseeing creation of the TU College of Engineering and Natural Sciences Magazine, video and web content, solicitation and other marketing materials.
- Director of Development at The University of Tulsa
- Foundation Manager at American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Director at Alumni Relations, Oral Roberts University
- Land Acquisition Specialist at Builder's First Choice
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Atlanta, Georgia] 2013-Present
Alternative Asset Management Startup/Successor LLC, with a single strategy selling volatility on SPX, w/o leverage; three sub-strategies: Short, Relative Value and Cash Alternative Director of Development
Charged with developing relationships with Consultants, Private Banks, Family Offices, Foundations, Endowments; domestically and internationally
● Led new business efforts in US, Europe and Bermuda
● Single product selling Volatility
- Director of Development at Horse Cove Partners, LLC
- Founder at Peachtree Commonwealth, LLC
- Global Partner at INVESCO Global Asset Management
- Co-Founder, Director of Business Development & Client Management at PRIMCO Capital Management, Inc
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - American Studies
Director of Development for American University’s League of United Latin American Citizens (AU LULAC), a 501 (c)(4) nonprofit and recognized chapter of National League of United Latin American Citizens . In charge of drafting all grant requests, developing and coordinating all AU LULAC fundraisers and drafting yearly logic model.
- Director of Development at League of United Latin American Citizens; Chapter at American University
- Sales Associate at Macy's
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics
- BS - Major: Mathematics and Economics, Minor: Physics
- High school - Art
Bruce Lee Entertainment Director of Development Developed Bruce Lee's original ideas and material into film, television, literary, reality challenge and animation. Created working outlines, one sheets, short and long form treatments, and short form scriptments. Coordinated pitch meetings, meet and greets with high level talent and execs. Provided coverage, loglines, story notes and recommendations for action to in-house execs, partner companies and high level talent. New Crime Productions Executive Producer John Cusack Director of Development Story development for film and television. Developed original stories, short stories, scripts, script coverage, script notes, project recommendations. Worked with multiple artists and executives including Stephen Frears, Dan Akroyd, Minni Driver, Donna Roth, Susan Arnold, Roger Birnbaum, Claire Forlani, John Leigh Hancock, George Armitage, Adam McKay, Bob Balaban, Joan Cusack, and Alan Arkin. New Crime Productions Director of Operations Managed daily operations in fast-paced LA Headquarters. Executive assistant to CEO which included extensive scheduling and meeting coordination both local and abroad. HR Management including oversight of the hiring process for ten employees. Direction and leadership for five interns. Ensured timely and accurate invoice processing. Created high level correspondence on behalf of CEO and other key stakeholders. Consistent contact with high profile executives and clients, requiring a delicate and professional level of confidentiality Piven Theatre Workshop Administrative Director Brought Workshop into the black by expanding number of classes, successfully raising tuition and planning successful fund raising events. Expanded Youth/ Adult Educational Program. Wrote grants for the Illinois Arts Council and NEA. Initiated outreach program with Off the Street Club. Installed first permanent Black Box Theatre. Initiated their first subscription theatre plan.
- Director of Development at Bruce Lee Enterprises
at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts
Work together with the Director of Development, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer to design and implement annual fundraising plan for 11 site federally qualified health center. Responsibilities include:
• Managing Board of Directors
• Annual Holiday Appeal
• Manage and coordinate special event logistics including annual Beach Walk, Anniversary Galaand National Community Health Center events
• Direct and oversee Development Assistant
• Oversight of Raisers Edge Donor Daatabase
• Manage Grant Tracker database
• Oversee and coordinate grant application submission process
• Manage grant awards, contracts and reports
• Work with Individual Donors and Community Organizations and Groups
• Oversee volunteer program
• Grant Award Audits, Site-Visits and Tours
- Associate Director of Development at The Children’s Clinic, Serving Children & Their Families
- Associate Director of Development at
20 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Master's - Education
- Master's - Education
April 2018 to December 2018)
Mission: To promote clean air and healthy lungs through research, education, advocacy and technology.
Position: Associate Director of Development
• Drafting all foundation, corporate and government grant proposals and LOIs
• Crafting budgets for all proposals
• Engaging Foundation Officers
• Working with staff, standing Board committees and other potential partners to develop grant proposal scope and objectives
• Researching potential funding sources
• Managing grant submission, stewardship and reporting activities
• Recording, managing and maintaining grants data
- Associate Director of Development at BREATHE LA
- Associate Director of Institutional Giving at Project Angel Food
- Interim Manager of Institutional Giving at San Francisco Art Institute
- Development Director at Friends of the Urban Forest
8 months at this Job
- B.A. - English Literature and Psychology
Director of Development, August 2014 to present * Plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals of the organization. Responsible for raising money through face-to-face networking in the North County and San Diego areas, cultivating community relations, and personally soliciting and stewarding donors. * Support Chief Executive Officer in positioning Board of Directors to assist in resource development strategies and goals. Develop key relationships with local, regional and national funding sources including foundations, Boys & Girls Clubs of America and other strategic partners. * Develop and implement a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development efforts collaborating with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors. * Research and identify individual prospects for major gifts and planned giving solicitations. Prepare background reports on donor giving, interest and trends to develop giving proposals for donor consideration. * As a member of the management team, actively participate in determining the direction and purpose of the agency and its services to youth in the community. Work with team members ensuring that all materials enhance the over-all marketing and development efforts of the organization. * Responsible for overseeing the agency's grant programs including grant writing, grant reporting and ensuring compliance with requirements. * Responsible for the planning and implementation of all agency fundraising events. * Oversee organizational marketing, public relations and social media content.
- Director of Development at Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside
- Director of Operations at Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside
- Director of Operations at Boys & Girls Clubs of the San Gorgonio Pass
- Director of Operations at Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest County
4 years, 7 months at this Job
ASTEP, an arts education non-profit, works with embedded Community Organizations to bring arts education to vulnerable global populations and over 3,300 students annually.
Director Of Development
Responsible for securing ~$800,000 annually for operations and programs, overseeing
Individual & Major Gifts, External Communications (social, DM, email & P2P appeals) as well as 3 high profile events and ongoing stewardship and engagement events
● Envisioned/produced/executed Inaugural ASTEP & Friends Gala ($90K+), and annual Christmas Concert (increased giving by 40%) and established new August Benefit ($30K+)
● Expanded existing online auctions by guiding and encouraging all contacts, raising $30K+
● Creation/implementation of quarterly strategy (site visit, event and face to face meeting) to target and attract high net worth individuals and steward 500+ annual donors
● Conception and creation of a major gifts program and stewardship plans unique to ASTEP constituents and communities; management, training and expansion of the Board of Directors, and activation of Committee structure Associate Director of Development Responsible for securing ~$650,000 annually for ASTEP's operations and programs
● Guided/trained Board of Directors, including the creation/implementation of Committee system (Nominating, Fundraising, Strategic Planning, Executive) while stewarding the Board of Directors for greatest impact and potential
● Oversaw all management of ASTEP's donor database and drafted all solicitation, acknowledgement letters and certain foundation grant proposals
- Director Of Development at ARTISTS STRIVING TO END POVERTY, Inc
- Planned Giving Officer at ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE FUND, Inc
- Chief of Staff to the Director of Development at THE PUBLIC THEATER
- Executive and Casting Assistant, Contractor, Annual Projects at CASTING
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Theatre Arts
As Director of Development I am responsible for all aspects of our development programs which include: o writing and editing (2) annual appeal letters and mailing it to our constituents o prospecting, qualifying, identifying and scheduling discovery visits with our Top 200 prospects o soliciting and stewarding the school's Major Gift, Planned Giving and Annual Fund donors o managing our donor database and wealth screening platform § Responsible for planning and executing our (2) annual fundraising events: our Wildcat Classic Golf Tournament and our Annual Dinner and Auction (NOVA) o responsible for assembling and managing committees for both events o in charge of soliciting local and national corporate sponsors for both events o partner with local vendors and businesses to host our events at their venues and build community awareness for our school (i.e. Ojai Valley Inn & Spa) o work closely with our Head of School and Director of Finance to create and manage budgets for both events § Responsible for supervising (2) employees in the Development Department: Alumni Coordinator and Development Associate § Member of the Board of Director's. Responsible for running monthly Development Committee meetings. § Have conducted domestic and international travel to solicit major gift and planned giving opportunities. Territories include: San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Portland, China and Hong Kong. § Increased our alumni participation giving percentage from 1.7% in FY18 to 8.3% in FY19. § Increased major gift and planned giving opportunities closed from (1) in FY18 to (11) in FY19. § Manage our Parent's Association that consists of (22) parent volunteers. § Increased total philanthropic dollars raised from $180,000 in FY17 to $230,000 in FY18 to $535,000 in FY19.
- Director of Development at Villanova Preparatory School
- Major Gifts Officer at Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Maria Valley
- Associate Director of the Oxy Annual Fund, Leadership Gifts at Occidental College
- Development Associate at California State University
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies - Communication Studies