As the Director of Development, I was directly responsible for all levels of giving to our Organization. From individual donors, capital campaigns, corporate giving and Foundations. Worked closely with the Executive director and the Board to ensure that the vision and mission of our organization was clearly communicated throughout every channel. Lead a team and organized all events and fundraisers as well as collaborated with other strategic organizations throughout our community.
• Corporate/Community and Foundation outreach and giving
• Grant writing
• Event Planning and management
• Budget management
• Management of Staff
- Director of Development at LANTERN HOUSE
- Development Officer at BALLET WEST
- President/Director of Business Development at SILVER RETREATS
- Director of Corporate Relations at Ozone Online
8 months at this Job
- - Professional Sales
Cross-functional sales development position delivering individual and team results through multi-unit leadership position.
•Rapidly changing roles within organization including store manager, director of process improvement, multi-unit manager, and university leader, director of development
•Take all aspects of the business and filter through the lens of the customer and sales rep to ensure success in a constantly evolving environment.
•Development and implementation of all training for company. Results include creation of training program for all positions examples including: sales representative, store manager, external sales and stock coordinator positions. Work cross- functionally with external vendors to integrate product training into existing stores and launch new products.
•Utilize multi-media to engage the customer and employee to share and create Your Perfect Project.
•Repeatedly put into underperforming situations to turn around sales results, standards and operational systems. Results include immediate store results improving to up to 150% over the previous year, company reduction in turnover of 40%,
•Creation of systems to limit areas of profit loss including visual presentation standards, inventory, computer, compensation, new store, remodel and store operational standards.
•Management of new store opening process, remodel and store closure including company liquidation process.
- DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT at A World of Tile
- CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER at DishCloud, M.D. Holt Inc
- DISTRICT MANAGER at Starbucks Coffee Company
- at Starbucks Coffee Company
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management - Organizational Management
- President and CEO at Fundraising Management and Consulting Services
- Director of Development at Jawonio-Cerebral Palsy Association of New York State
- Director of Development at NCCJ
- Vice President at Joel S. Friedman and Associates, Inc
6 years at this Job
- Certificate in Fund Raising Management
- - Accounting and Economics
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Strong Team Player
Presentation Skills Greenwood Cultural Center - Tulsa, OK
Director of Development
PROFESSIONAL Attracted capital, boosted foot-traffic, and increased the Center's exposure.
• Created strategic annual development plan to achieve fundraising goals. CPA Candidate
• Secured funding for 3 large Art projects that has garnered local and national attention. Oklahoma Real Estate Broker
• Formed several new events, such as the Greenwood Artisan & Farmers Market. Trained Auctioneer
• Established and managed on-going information dissemination of events and activities to donors and general public. Insurance Sales & Adjustor
• Supported Executive Director and Board in securing funding from individual and United Way Volunteer corporate donors for annual campaigns and events.
• Oversaw fundraising: wrote grants, researched foundations and corporations, and implemented other fundraising strategies. PERSONAL SKILLS Tulsa Regional Chamber - Tulsa, OK Entrepreneurial Business Development Manager Energetic Self-Starter Recruited new business members and investors. Duties: Persuasive & Articulate
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber's mission and strategies; Excellent Time Management and applied it to existing and prospective members.
• Established positive relations with business owners throughout the region and learned the specific needs of their organization and report the findings to appropriate Chamber divisions.
- Director of Development at Greenwood Cultural Center
at this Job
- BBA in Accounting - business
- Bachelor's - Bibical Studies
- BA - Real Estate
Associate Director of Development (2017 – present); Assistant Director of Development (2015 – 2017); Assistant Director of Communications & Development (2014 –2015); External Affairs Coordinator (2012 –2014); Development Coordinator (2009 –2012), Development Associate (2008) Communication Fundraising Leadership Event Management
• Wrote and edited content for news stories, donor communication, printed materials, and website/social media content viewed by 3,000+ constituents.
• Managed production of all gala materials for 1,200+ attendee annual benefit that raises $3-5 million dollars.
• Directed every step of production, from design to print, for over $20,000 in materials, including Annual Report. Partnered with all vendors including photographer, graphic designer, printer, and internal staff.
• Designed and drafted event invitations and organizational one-pagers.
• Increased event visibility for 2,000+ constituents. Designed and drafted fundraising campaign emails.
• Helped modernize branding of major fundraising event materials. Assessed desired direction of team, collaborated with several designers, and proposed design ideas/themes that fit the needs of the organization.
• Created new visual style guide. Collaborated with graphic designer and internal staff to assess needs and build out a concise, useful product.
• Part of a team that raises $12 million annually.
• Liaison to 50-member Junior Board.
• Coordinated Trustee letter-writing campaign with over 3,000 letters/emails generated from over 50-member Board, raising more than $1 million.
• Stewarded one-on-one relationships with nearly 30 Board and Junior Board members. Facilitated fundraising efforts for annual appeal solicitations and event sponsorship.
• Improved quality of Board engagement/stewardship. Designed and implemented new system of communication utilizing team members as liaisons to the Board.
• Supervision of Development & Events Coordinator and temp staff.
• Acted as project manager for major fundraising campaigns and ensured team stayed on schedule.
• Researched platforms for moves management, team collaboration, and social media. Made strategic recommendations to assist decision-making.
• Coordinated logistics for multimillion-dollar annual fundraising event, including student management, night-of staffing (50+ staffers), and donor recognition.
• Managed all event logistics for young professionals’ fundraiser from venue to silent auction and program. Lead and coordinated host committee efforts, designed event communications, and recruited corporate sponsors. Increased event ticket sales by 25%.
Associate Director of Development (2017 – present); Assistant Director of Development (2015 – 2017); Assistant Director of Communications & Development (2014 –2015); External Affairs Coordinator (2012 –2014); Development Coordinator (2009 –2012), Development Associate (2008)
- Associate Director of Development at Prep for Prep
- Student Researcher, Diabetes Prevention at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- Consultant, Student Project at gethealthyharlem.org
- Intern at US House of Representatives
11 years at this Job
- Master - Public Health
- BA - International Affairs
St. Louis, MO November 2016 - Present
A student-run content-creation group at Washington University that focuses on creating multimedia entertainment.
Director of Development
• Wrote, revised, and edited scripts and pitches for a variety of projects in my capacity as Director of Development, to ensure that high- quality work with clear instructions would go into production.
• Operated several types of cameras, both hand-held and on tripods, as part of the filming crew on short films.
• Completed post-production on short films and podcasts in Adobe Premiere, FinalCut Pro, and Abode Audition.
- Director of Development at STORYSCOPE
- Program Assistant at
- Intern at WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY ALUMNI AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Catalog Designer; Sales at HANCOCK'S OF PADUCAH
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History & Film and Media Studies
St. Louis Jewish Community Center (The J) – The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) is a multigenerational gathering place offering more than 200 programs to over 80,000 participants with more than 1M touch points annually, across its three campuses. DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT – St. Louis, MO (August 2016 – Present)
St. Louis Jewish Community Center (The J) – The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) is a multigenerational gathering place offering more than 200 programs to over 80,000 participants with more than 1M touch points annually, across its three campuses.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT – St. Louis, MO (August 2016 – Present)
- DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT at ST. LOUIS JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER
- MAJOR GIFT OFFICER at Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- DIRECTOR at DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
- DIRECTOR at PROGRAMS & COMMUNICATIONS
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Business Administration - Psychology and Business Administration
Director of business development/media relations and director of development for girls soccer program. Have developed relationship across multiple parishes and started the girls side of the club. Have doubled membership within 3 months. Club Accountant, Budget and Marketing Plans created and implemented. Business account relationship management and sales.
Director of business development/media relations and director of development for girls soccer program.
Have developed relationship across multiple parishes and started the girls side of the club. Have doubled membership within 3 months.
Club Accountant, Budget and Marketing Plans created and implemented.
Business account relationship management and sales.
- Director of Development at FC BOCA Academy
- AR and Collections Lead Administrator/HR/Account Management at EnE Consultants, LLC/MPS Group
- Soccer program Director/Head Coach at Southwood High School
- Soccer Coach at Parkway High School
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BAS Information Technology and Business Administration - Information Technology
- Professional Pilot - Aviation
- Aviation Management - Aviation
- AAS - Aviation Dispatch
- N/A - Aviation
Best Western purchased WorldHotels from Associated Luxury Hotels in February 2019. Currently, BWH Hotel group is the parent company that owns and operates Worldhotels as well as Best Western Brands. Worldhotels is highly respected, leading global hospitality services organization which specializes in serving luxury-level and upper-upscale independently owned or operated hotels and resorts around the world. Worldhotels enable their member hotels and resorts to maintain their independent identity while also effectively competing with the world's biggest hospitality chains, in the changing hospitality landscape. WorldHotels-A flexible soft brand solution offering a complete set of sales and distribution services for 350 upscale and luxury member hotels. worldhotels.com. Senior Director of Development
• New business development for 3 Collections of WorldHotels, Luxury Collection, Elite Collection, and Distinctive Collection. In charge of South America. Also visiting the Spanish Speaking Caribbean.
• Reporting to the Regional VP of Development for the Americas
• Currently working with GM and hotel management companies of independent upscale, upper-upscale and luxury properties in the region.
• Evaluate independent property growth potential
Best Western purchased WorldHotels from Associated Luxury Hotels in February 2019. Currently, BWH Hotel group is the parent company that owns and operates Worldhotels as well as Best Western Brands. Worldhotels is highly respected, leading global hospitality services organization which specializes in serving luxury-level and upper-upscale independently owned or operated hotels and resorts around the world. Worldhotels enable their member hotels and resorts to maintain their independent identity while also effectively competing with the world's biggest hospitality chains, in the changing hospitality landscape. WorldHotels-A flexible soft brand solution offering a complete set of sales and distribution services for 350 upscale and luxury member hotels. worldhotels.com.
Senior Director of Development
- Senior Director of Development at BWH Hotel Group
- Director of Development at CARLSON REZIDOR HOTEL GROUP
- Vice President of Development at RADISSON HOTELS LATIN AMERICA
- Managing Director, Americas at PEGASUS SOLUTIONS
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor Of Science - Hospitality Management
Responsible for grant writing/grant contract compliance to insure funding of
JFS programs and services including mental health services, geriatric case management
services, emergency assistance services and additional social service programs.
• Manage and oversee all aspects of Development Department including fundraising activities.
• Demonstrated success in meeting fundraising goals.
• Work closely with Events Committee in developing/planning/assisting with major fundraising events.
• Work closely with Executive Director, Board of Directors, Senior Management Team in strategic planning and meeting the goals and objectives of the organization.
• Develop/maintain productive relationships with Board of Directors, Auxiliary members and JFS Donors.
• Participate in monthly Board of Directors Meeting, Executive Committee, Finance Meeting, and provide Development Report
• Supervise staff in developing/maintaining good record keeping and donor recognition.
• Create Press Releases
• Oversee agency communications from website to social media.
• Develop/create email marketing communications to JFS supporters.
• Represent JFS at interagency meetings, community forums, and market JFS programs in the community.
- Director of Development at JFS of the Desert
- Community Relations Representative at EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER
- Director of Development/Events at HEALTHY FAMILY FOUNDATION
- Director of Volunteers at HEALTHY FAMILY FOUNDATION
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science