Since March of 1984 working at a (1000 room) Sheraton Hotel for 17 years I new my goal was to become a Director of Engineering. Hospitality was in my blood. In the year 2000 I received my calling as a Director of Engineering at the then W Hotel on Poydras St. New Orleans, La. Still today I made my mark and after 18 years as a Director of Engineering I still love it as you read my resume it shows just how much Hospitality means to me
- Director of Engineering at NOPSI HOTEL
- Director of Engineering at Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Director of Engineering at Holiday Inn New Orleans West bank, Louisiana
- Chief Engineer - Reason at New Orleans Country Club
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Director of Engineering/plant operations. Complete A to Z maintenance, engineering, plant operations and Life Safety in a skilled Nursing Home. Running and managing of department.
- Director of Engineering at Menomonee Falls Health Care
- Chief Engineer at Courtyard by Marriott
- Chief Engineer at Residence Inn by Marriot
- Director at Environmental Services
11 months at this Job
- - HVAC Training Center & Certification
As Director of Engineering:
• Ensure cost effective maintenance of all property assets
• Developed new preventative maintenance plans for over 7000 assets, including 257 guestrooms and suites, the Seawater Spa, 2 pools, 4 kitchens, 3 restaurants, 51 separate roofs, 31 rooftop HVAC units, 3 boiler rooms, 15 gas fire pits, 17 meeting rooms and ballrooms, and everything in between
• Manage all capital improvement projects and assist in multi-million-dollar property renovation
• Built and maintained the Newport Ice Skating Rink on the property's coastal north lawn
• Manage and supervise three maintenance supervisors, ten maintenance technicians and groundskeepers
• Ensure the building requirements are up to code
• Supervise, track, and evaluate all work orders and preventative maintenance functions to ensure that all work is completed in a satisfactory and acceptable manner
• Purchase order procurement system used daily to stay within set monthly budget
• Maintain the property's 22 slip marina and 10 acres of beautifully landscaped land the resort sits on
• Ensure water treatment of the property's cooling tower, quarterly fire suppression sprinkler inspections and fire alarm tests, kitchen fire suppression inspections and hood cleaning, and annual backflow, fire pumps tests, emergency lighting and extinguisher inspections are completed in a timely manner
- Director of Engineering at Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina
- Engineering Operations Manager at Hotel Viking
- Director of Engineering at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
- Engineering Supervisor at Hyatt Regency Newport & Hyatt Regency Tampa
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Electrical, Safety Training for Operators on Aerial Work Platforms, Hoshizaki Ice Machines, Nalco, Belimo Controls, Andover Controls, York, Trane, Mitsubishi, Carrier, Chicago
- GED - Psychology
Adams MA June 2015-Present Minerals Technologies Inc. is a resource and technology based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING As the Director I manage the day to day operations of a large limestone mining and processing facility in Adams MA. I am responsible for the development of strategic budgeting and operational objectives for the plant. I am also responsible for all operational improvements and technology upgrades. Within the last year I have completed multiple projects that have saved the company over 1.5 million dollars in energy savings alone. I am a firm believer in the utilization of the Hoshin Kanri process as a method for ensuring that the strategic goals of a company drive progress and action at every level within the company.
- DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING at Specialty Minerals, Inc
- DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING at EP Minerals, LLC
- DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING at Aristech Acrylics, LLC
- GENERAL MANAGER at Viox Services Incorporated
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- MBA - Graduate Business Administration
- Master's of Business Administration - Electrical Engineering Technology
- Bachelor's of Science - Electrical Engineering Technology
Director of Engineering- maintenance, safety and security, risk management, emergency management and landscaping operations . Initiates contract review with legal department. Oversees reserves projects. Reports to the board of directors to three resorts. Manage projects over 15m. Oversee operation budget of 6m annually.
- Director of Engineering at Marriott Vacations Worldwide
- Director of Environmental Services at The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society
- Facilities Maintenance Manager at Haysmed
- Maintenance Director at Life Care Centers of America
at this Job
- Associate Applied Science Auto-Diesel Technology - Automotive / Diesel / refirgeration
Steer development efforts with multiple stakeholders to merge multiple platforms and execute new products.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING (2014 to Present)
Define technical requirements and engineering specifications as well as implement cloud-based micro-services, follow guidelines, and manage risks. Ensure development of back- and front-end functionality and availability of LMS to multiple platforms for hosting online courses. Oversee continuous development of eLearning platform and provide robust development support for testing of various shopping experiences. Administer modifications of original platform code to work with services. Conduct in-depth comparative analysis of platforms to identify synergy opportunities.
• Created new tools to manage and maintain content of online courses.
• Improved and enhanced knowledge and skills of new staff members.
• Headed and trained on-site and offshore cross-functional teams of engineers, which developed platform for multi million-dollar eLearning business.
• Dealt with a challenge of identifying and improving common functionality and profitability of the platform as well as integrating multiple platforms with AWS-hosted micro services including LMS system.
• Built LMS service to centralize all learning management needs for various products and platforms.
- SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING at eDriving
- DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT/SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Solutions Inc
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE - COMPUTER SCIENCE
The Armor Group designs and manufactures custom products for a wide range of industries including
telecommunications, military, mobile coaches, waste receptacles, and industrial washers, dryers, and mixers.
Director of Engineering
• Transformed underperforming team from 56% to 90% on time; from 38% over budget to 100% on budget; from predominately 2D design to almost exclusively 3D design. Improved productivity by 20% and engineering quality by 68% (rework: from 2528 hrs. to 840 hrs.)
• Reduced engineering costs by 80% on Alvey product lines through standardization.
• Led 25+ member design team to deliver ~80 custom designs per year across 8 product lines.
• Established a strong regulatory library, built regulatory processes from ground up and instilled a strong regulatory mindset within department.
• Created dedicated new product development team. Commercialized 7 new products.
• Lead inventor on Armor's 1st patent (currently pending).
• Implemented 3 yr. development roadmaps on key product lines.
• Initiated and drove strong team building environment: held 25 team building events, promoted 8 people, drove regular investments in training and engineering analytical tools, awarded monthly performance within and outside of engineering.
• Drove strong continuous improvement mindset implementing 14 core work processes including: design change control, print release, technical design review, and product risk assessment.
• Initiated and led 5 Kaizen events, implemented annual goal setting, and monthly visual mgmt.
• Key member of multiple due diligence reviews for potential Mergers & Acquisitions.
• Established and executed critical integration activities for new business acquisitions.
• ISO 9001:2015 internal auditor; Participated in regular safety training and reviews supporting DART & RIR goals; Member of S&OP team reviewing weekly sales projections.
- Director of Engineering at The Armor Group, Inc
- Director/Executive Director of Global Frames NPD at Hill
- at Hill
- Manager/Director Sustaining Engineering at Hill
6 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Manufacturing Management - M.S.M.M
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Lead oversight of the Engineering and Planning/Zoning departments. Continually working on updating and strengthening the Township's Land Use ordinance. Assist several current and past Township Administrators perform all duties side-by-side,
including website development, training and problem solving, budgeting, project management, and downtown redevelopment.
Work closely with the Department of Public Works supervisor, Recreation Director and other department heads to assist and advise on municipal infrastructure projects.
● IT Management: Deliver suggestions and installation on a new fiber network connecting all municipal buildings through a high-speed fiber network. Coordinated the design and installation of a centralized computer data system for all municipal offices.
● Project Management: Prepare bidding documents, secure grants, and led multiple multimillion dollar projects. Review all project proposals, plans, and led to their completion. As a Public Agency Compliance Officer (PACO), I insure compliance with the NJ Public Contract Law and Affirmative Action requirements. ~~~~~~
• Career Progression ~~~~~~.) TOWNSHIP OF WARREN ⎯Warren, NJ Engineering Technician Conceptualized, developed and integrated new server based networking system, resulting in decreased labor-intensive record- keeping, higher productivity and increased accuracy.
● Engineering: Assisted in the design and construction of new municipal roads, review of plans, and budgeting. Aided the lead engineer during presentations for project approval and grant acquisition. Conducted engineering site inspections for construction projects within the township.
● Resident Communications: Performed COAH project inspections. Assisted the Township Committee and the Township Administrator to administer the allocation of the COAH housing units to qualified residents.
- Director of Engineering at TOWNSHIP OF SPRINGFIELD ⎯ Springfield, NJ USA
26 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
2018 - 2019
Pangeo Group is a global producer (Tier 1) of power train components, seating components and aluminum die-cast structures for the automotive, medical and aerospace markets.
Global Director of Engineering
Focused on the restructure of the global engineering team to maximize efficacy of resources.
• Create technology roadmaps to reorganized 3 business groups to meet new 20% annual growth targets.
• Restructured the Pangeo engineering teams in US, China and Germany into a global product engineering team to execute the technology roadmaps/growth targets.
• Enable Pangeo to improve margins 10 - 20% by increasing value added engineering content of products.
- Global Director of Engineering at PANGEO GROUP
- Director of Engineering at CONSTELLIUM AUTO STRUCTURES NORTH AMERICA
- Technical Engineering Director at BENTELER AUTOMOTIVE
- Engineering Director at GE AVIATION SYSTEMS
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Science & Engineering
New Way Air Bearings is the market leader in the design and manufacture of porous media air bearing products Director of Engineering & Quality Assurance January 2016 - March 2019
• Along with continuing the Director of Engineering responsibilities:
• Supervise the Quality Assurance Team responsible for all performance and feature testing
• Implemented first SPC Process into manufacturing
• Reduced warranty claims by 75% in a single year
- Director of Engineering & Quality Assurance at New Way Air Bearings
- Director of Engineering at
- Director of Engineering & Quality Inspection at Alloy Surfaces Company / Chemring Countermeasure USA
- Director of Engineering & Operations at
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Journeyman - Machinist