Houston, TX 2016 - Present
A consulting firm specializing in nontraditional capital formation and portfolio management.
Director of Engineering
Identified viable oil wells and proposed acquisition to maintain and boost production levels.
• $5 million in financing captured and a 3:1 ROI obtained in 18 months by conceiving and implementing a far-reaching strategy to propel production.
• 40% spike in production achieved in two months and significant ROI produced by devising and executing a comprehensive business plan and by preserving budget margins.
• Evaded costly fines by promptly alerting the Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Railroad Commission of an oil spill, swiftly coordinating efforts to resolve the mishap.
• 20% uptick in net present value cultivated by identifying previously unobserved oil reserves.
- Director of Engineering at Chaos Capital
- Director of Corporate Planning & Evaluations at Swift Energy Company
3 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering - Society of Petroleum Engineers
• Commissioning building equipment, HVAC, electrical installation, physical buildings were installed to design prints and specification. Acted as owner representative during construction.
• Oversee final construction phase. Prepare hotel for grand opening.
• Organize engineering department. Certify all equipment operations. Tract warranty items pertaining to construction and machinery.
• Assist in budget planning and adheres to budget. Find and implement cost saving measures.
• Maintain hotel facility to include physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment.
• Hiring, training and supervising engineering staff.
• Installed steam heat exchangers for domestic water and eliminated 6 million BTU's of boiler load resulting in years of savings on gas consumption.
• Created PM program and trained, assisted in house engineering staff to replace PM contractors resulting in $95,000 in savings.
• Assumes responsibilities of Director of Engineering in his absence.
- Assistant Director of Engineering at JW MARRIOTT HOTEL
- at ADVANCE PACKAGING
- Corporate Maintenance Team Supervisor at MAGNA-DONNELLY CORPORATION
- Corporate Maintenance Team Supervisor at MAGNA-DONNELLY CORPORATION
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- Journeyman - Mechanical
• Responsible for maintaining and operating electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems at Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, NC. Also, scheduled staff for event changeover and staff to support event personnel.
• Managed a staff of eleven employees, 1 assistant director of engineering, 1 central plant manager, 3 electricians, 3 HVAC technicians, 2 plumbers, and 1 carpenter.
• In charge conforming to company policy, creating and monitoring a department budget in excess of 3 million dollars, to reach a goal of being under or at budget for the year.
- Director of Engineering at Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
- Person Activities/Volunteer Work at South Rowan High School Booster Club President
- President of Neighborhood Home Owners Association at Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
- Licensed Electrician at Port City Electric
22 years, 6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Electrical Installation and Maintenance
Engineering principal, responsible for core architecture and engineering decisions/implementation. As director of engineering and senior software engineer for the agency, have worked on many multi-application, multi- database applications with serious considerations in performance and security. Extensive experience with AWS and GCP, making use of relevant technologies as they become available. Production experience on applications with tens of thousands of daily active users, having hosted on both AWS EC2/ ElasticBeanstalk as well as GCP/AppEngine. As data requirements become complicated than what can be accommodated with a transactional RDBMS alone, I have extensive solution providing additional logical indexing strategies leveraging the right tools for the job, making use of indexing and caching in Redis and ElasticSearch, processing huge amounts of data leveraging Lamba/Cloud Functions, S3/Cloud Storage, Kinesis/Firehose/Pub-Sub, EMR/ Dataflow. Primary full stack engineer and architect on active project, with a chief role in management of software engineering and dev ops teams. Current preferred technologies: API Server: NodeJS Primary Database: Postgres Event Sourcing: Kafka/Kinesis/PubSub Logical Cache: Redis Search: ElasticSearch Massively Parallel Processing: AWS Lambda/GCP Cloud Functions (previously AWS EMR) FrontEnd JS: ReactJS FrontEnd CSS: Sass
- Director of Engineering at Punch
- full-stack software engineer on internal project at Google
- Freelance at
- CS Generalist at
3 years, 6 months at this Job
Downers Grove, IL A manufacturer of custom equipment for the asphalt roofing shingle industry. (100 employees, $32 million annual sales)
Director of Engineering - Reporting to the Owner
Plans, directs, and manages all engineering activities and personnel. (16 Mechanical Engineers, 16 Electrical/Controls Engineers, 1 Scheduler/Admin. Assistant)
• Restructured the engineering department in alignment with company objectives, including training and development plans for the engineers.
• Works closely with the lead engineers to keep projects on track, adjusting resources as needed, resolving road blocks, assisting in documenting changes in scope, and identifying engineering inefficiencies that need to be addressed.
• Developed and implemented new Standards & Procedures for the department through an easy to use database that also includes a Knowledge Base for MSP's standard equipment.
• Lead the implementation of a service call database.
- Director of Engineering at Machine Solution Providers
- Engineering Manager at Western Printing Machinery
- Senior Product Development Engineer at Flexible Steel Lacing
- Co-owner of startup company at FlexAir
6 years at this Job
Manage Engineering projects including design, resources, schedule, costs, and suppliers. Managed the development of an assembly line for equipment production and repairs by leading cross-functional teams and suppliers to complete the project on time and under budget. SIMON AIRE, MANUFACTURING, LTD., New York, New York 2016 - Present Director of Engineering
- Director of Engineering at SIMON AIRE, MANUFACTURING, LTD
- Head of Engineering at MOTION LABORATORIES
- General Manager of Engineering and Quality at HAIER AMERICA Corporation
- Director of Engineering at CARRIER CORPORATION TYLER Refrigeration Division
3 years at this Job
Warrenton, VA April 2015 - Present Empower teachers to create targeted blended curriculum leading to self-paced personalized learning experience for students. Director of Engineering ◆ Lead and support pilot project in secondary school for career readiness through micro badging and competency-based learning ◆ Demonstrate through reporting, student acquired competencies within the application with both scoring and behavioral work within content ◆ Gather and organize application requirements and groom application backlog ◆ Generate User Stories and discuss technical requirements with development staff ◆ Hands-on experience supporting, automating, and optimizing mission critical deployments in OVH, leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes ◆ Lead multiple offshore development team in both Europe and Asia ◆ Serve as SCRUM Master for product development team utilizing JIRA as implementation tool ◆ Conduct QA cycles to report application issues ◆ Lead 3rd party content integration including: ◦ Discussing with vendors regarding content standards and best integration path ◦ Unit test content integration and ensure appropriate communication between content elements and application ◦ Gathering metadata elements to bulk import into the application ◆ Produce weekly application usage reports both for users and content ◆ Oversee IT infrastructure and server environment in managing application deployment through TeamCity ◆ Develop tool set to facilitate content management for application and bulk import of 3rd party vendor content
- Director of Engineering at Core Learning Exchange
- Director of Application Development at 9Lenses
- Senior Technical Lead at Clinical Care Options
- Technical Director of Product Development at Meridian Knowledge Solutions
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Art in Economics - Art
• Daily responsibility for $2.8 Million in managed volume
• Oversee day to day operations for all Maintenance, Custodial and Grounds for a 128 acre campus with 60 buildings, 23 which are on the list of Registered Historic Places
• Accountable for all new construction and renovations including leading teams of sub-contractors, coordinating pre-construction meetings and monthly progress meetings
• In charge of collection and retention of all construction documents
• Liaison between Sodexo and client
• In control of the coordination and installation of capital equipment
• Ownership of the Life Safety and Utility Management Plans
• Responsible for attainment of financial goals for the account
• Maintain levels of productivity and staffing that is appropriate to meet account needs
• Establishes and sustains client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention
• Takes necessary actions to ensure that all quality and safety standards are met
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc)
• Coordinates the client communication and retention process
• Experienced in healthcare, senior care and education divisions within Sodexo
• Have been involved with two Maximo roll-outs
• Promoted from Operations Manager to Director of Engineering July 2006
- Director of Engineering and Maintenance at Facilities and Plant Engineering, Sodexo
- Industrial Electronic Technician, Owens-Illinois at Accountable for PLC
- Electronic Maintenance Lead at Qualex, Inc
- Electronic Technician at United States Navy
14 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- BS - Electronic Engineering Technology
Radiance Solar Title: Director of Engineering Other Titles: Safety Manager, Project & QC Manager, and company license holder from 2014 - Current Main Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following: · Develop and trained personal in the QC/QA process · Project management · Electrical design and calculations · Close-out procedures · Contract reviews · Red line RFP’s · Training of all testing equipment: IV Curve testers, Ground testers, multi-meters, Thermal Camera, IRT Testers, and Current Injection Testers. and Wenner Soil testing. · Working with all aspects of the electrical design · PVSyst · Trained employees in NEC code classes as well prepare for them to take state exams. · Office procedures · OSHA 10 and OHSA 30 certified · Developed processes for the company and implemented Smart Sheet to follow the process. This also included the close out binders and action items. · Implemented Goformz for daily job reports to save paper and have everything digital. · Pulled all required permits for the projects · Developed current safety program that are ISN and BROWZ compliant. · Worked with Microsoft Office daily. (Excel, Word, Power Point) Construction: Installed 12.5Kva transformers and larger, 400A & 600A services, usually grouped in 4-5 a site, 400A panel boards, installed all raceways is sizes of ¾” to 4” and material of PVC, EMT, IMC, Seal tight Flex, Split loom and Rigid. Set electrical gear, switchgear, and large data cabinets. Pulled conductors from #12-1000 KCMIL, multi-conductor cable, PV cable (USE-2& RHHW-2), fiber Single & Multi mode, Cat5e, Cat6e, and many other conductor & cables. Terminated all of the above cables except for the fiber and used QC procedures. Installed combiner boxes up to 1500v, inverters up to 1500V, and up to 20+ Megawatts projects. Certifications & Licenses NABCEP PV INSTALLER PROFESIONAL CERTIFIED: PV-020818-012445 State Electrical Unlimited Masters License · Georgia EN216870 · Florida EC13008214 · South Carolina M113715 · Alabama 06060 · Louisiana 67027 · North Carolina 31985-U · Tennessee 70184 · Mississippi 22433-MC · Kansas Butler Co. State Unlimited and Tier 4 General Contractors License (With reciprocity available to 12 other states) · Georgia GCQA006137 · South Carolina G121716 · North Carolina 81174 · Tennessee (In Progress) OSHA 3017-601249233 OSHA 1017-005141911
- Director of Engineering at Radiance Solar
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate - project management, and helped
- Associate - Electrical Theory
Capital Projects Management - Project / Program management of all NSHC construction projects from design conception through construction to Owner Management. Act as Owner's Representative for management of consultants, contractors and vendors as well as staff coordination of new spaces. Develop plans for other NSHC owned properties. Projects include new Health Clinics in Gambell and Savoonga on St. Lawrence Island, new 20,000 sq foot Wellness Building in Nome, Residential Housing projects in Nome, Ak, and Capitol Projects delivered through the Maintenance and Improvement Process with the Indian Health Service and the Maintenance Department. Developed a 5 year look ahead plan for Board of Directors to utilize in order to accurately plan and organize all NSHC project Initiatives. NSHC Facilities Building Management - Manage Plant Operations staff in the 17 Bed Critical Access Hospital as well as the 18 Elder Care Facility to ensure facility meets all appropriate regulations pertaining to systems operation, facility upkeep and safety. Ensure that all staff is properly trained and document training plan. Buildings include New Nome Hospital and Elder Care Facility, plus 11 other NSHC Owned buildings ranging from storage warehouses to residential housing to commercial buildings. Building systems include Heating Boilers, Steam Boilers, HVAC, Electrical Power Distribution, site work, general light duty construction, and daily maintenance of a Health Care Facility. Village Facility Management - Coordinate with the Office of Environmental Health and Village Health Services staff to manage upkeep and systems operation of remote NSHC Clinic and other properties. Build Maintenance and EVS program for NSHC leasing and operating the Village Built Clinics in the Norton Sound region. Includes 15 separate buildings located in each Village. Office of Environmental Health - This department works closely with the City and Government agencies to ensure that all utility standards are met for supplying facility's with clean water reliable power and sewer system. NSHC works with these entities as our building are directly served and affected by changes made to these systems. As the Director of Engineering at NSHC, Michael is a part of the leadership team at NSHC working closely with the CEO, COO and other Administrative leaders as well as the NSHC Board of Directors to determine the direction of Norton Sound Health Corporation.
- Director Of Engineering at Norton Sound Health Corporation
- Project manager at DOWL HKM - Alaska
- Northern Pacific Project Scheduler at McCarthy Building Companies, Inc
- Director of Engineering and OEH at Recently Michael
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Construction Engineering Technology