• Reporting to the Senior Vice-President/CFO, leading Associate Director of Facilities, Facilities Coordinator and 30 full-time employees and multiple outside vendor and contracted services
• Work with senior level faculty and staff to develop campus spaces
• Manage executive suites, office space, food service areas & equipment, 432 bed dormitory & living areas, art galleries and classrooms in 14 buildings with an emphasizes on safety/security
• Responsible for all grounds, parking, facility HVAC & Electrical systems, vendor contracts, fleet management, housekeeping, purchasing and inventory control working 24/7/365
• Saved the College over $200K in the first year with creative purchasing & inventory control and continue these savings each year focusing on predictive/preventive maintenance and energy savings
• Develop state of the art security systems, Life Safety systems, OSHA compliance and safety procedures including testing, P&L Reports, HAZMAT, HSE monthly safety training and site inspections
- Director of Facilities (Retired) at Columbus College of Art & Design
- Facilities Manager at Fairfield County
- Operations Manager at Easton Town Center
- Executive Maintenance at
7 years at this Job
- - Business/ Law
- - Maintenance Management
• Daily Operations - ◦ Coordinate building/equipment repairs. Oversee and supervise team of maintenance technicians. ◦ Oversee large scale projects, work directly with Owners Project Manager to ensure work is being completed. ◦ Coordinate with the Director of Facilities to implement new building projects ◦ Create and implement a district wide preventative maintenance program. ◦ Ensure compliance with all safety, security, and building codes.
- Deputy Director of Facilities at Barnstable Public Schools
- at Otto Candies, LLC
- at The Interlake Steamship Company
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering - Marine Engineering
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, I planned, organized, assisted, and directed facility maintenance, security, repair, and the physical operation.
➢ Maintained three offices on three different floors.
➢ Received deliveries and stocked break rooms with supplies, installed monitors and computers
➢ Converted and modified cubicles, assembled furniture.
➢ Cleaned and set up conference rooms for meetings.
- Assistant Director of Facilities at Integra manage care
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school
My senior leadership position as the Director of Facilities, I managed a staff of 13 for the Engineering and EVS departments. My duties included serving as the chairman of the EOC Committee, Safety Committee, a member of the Infection Control Committee, Performance Improvement Committee, the acting Safety Officer and Security Officer. Starting at Cascade my tasks were to conclude the CMS survey, DOH survey and prepare for the Joint Commission survey. During my appointment as director the CMS, DOH, DOE, JC, State, and Local Fire Marshall surveys were completed successfully. Member of WSSHE and ASHE.
- Director of Facilities at Cascade Behavioral Health Hospital
- Director of Plant Operations at Encompass Rehabilitation Hospital of Dallas
- Building Engineer/ Operations Manager at JLL/Kindred Hospital Dallas Central
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- B.F.A - Art/Industrial Design
- - Assorted Pre-engineering Coursework
- B.A. - Geography
• Serving in the role of Director of Facilities for Community Health/HPI. I am directly responsible for the management of 7 managers and 72 employees in the departments of biomed, maintenance, housekeeping, safety, office manager, dietary, regulatory compliance, emergency management, construction and design and special projects as requested by the CEO.
• Currently in the process of working with architectural firm in the design of a new hospital.
• Developed a gap analysis from DNV to Joint Commission. Hospital is currently DNV accredited and will be moving to Joint Commission in 2020.
• In process of reviewing and revising all policies to meet Joint Commission standards.
• Performed and documented anti-ligature risk assessments to meet Joint Commission standards. Worked with nursing and leadership to develop new policies and procedures in handling suicidal patients. Designated a safe room with all modifications to the physical environment to handle suicidal patients.
• Updated and modified all eye wash risk assessments.
• Managed the change out of the bulk oxygen delivery system without interruption of med gas services.
• Monitor and track staff productivity. Using a method of documented work hours as noted on work orders to paid hours. Productivity has risen from 64% to 88%.
• Work with leadership on developmental ideas from changing dietary services from bulk cooking to made to order.
• Implemented a pharmaceutical waste program.
• Worked closely with infection control on the in house remodel of several areas including nourishment room, visitor restrooms and front lobby waiting area.
• Forecasted and budgeted capital expenditures for 2019, 2020 and 2021.
• Working with administration on the implementation of a plain language code system.
• Updated and implemented a new workplace violence program.
- Director of Facilities - Vanguard Rescources at Facilities Community Health HPI
- Operations Manager-Facilities at Valir Rehabilitation Hospital
- Operations Manager-Facilities at Western Division
- Operations Manager-Facilities and Engineering II, Sodexo at Oklahoma City Public Schools
1 year at this Job
- - General Studies
- - General Studies
- - General Studies
Worked directly with Sr. Director of Facilities to maintain Class 10,000 clean room environment. Ran and maintained high- and low-pressure boilers. Operated and repaired Trane chillers and all rooftop heating and A/C units. Maintained and repaired exhaust fans for clean room areas, all air compressors, vacuum pumps, and air dryers. Assisted Project Managers in building of and operations of Class 10,000 clean rooms, rebuilt and repaired humidifiers, boiler feed pumps, and hot water pumps. Serviced and repaired emergency generator. Repaired and maintained finish goods, cold boxes, and cold rooms. In charge of ADT security and building monitoring systems. Supervise a team of six HVAC and maintenance mechanics. Hired and oversaw outside contractors on large company projects.
- Director of Facilities at Immunomedics, Inc
- HVAC Mechanic A at Bio/dynamics, Inc
- Mechanic A at Action Industrial Maintenance Services (AIMS)
- Maintenance - Millwright A at Champion International Corporation
24 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating Technology
current work permit extended to 2020) Director of Facilities for a Private Membership Club organization of two properties that consist of Hotel Cottages and a Residential property. My duties are to oversee and direct operations of the Engineering and Landscaping teams on both properties. The Engineering Dept. was operating $500,000 over budget for the previous two years. Within my first year the budget was brought back to meet the budget threshold and a portion of the savings was then implemented into a Projects Management program that I was given to direct and implement with my new in-house skilled labor team. I identified and implemented a missing Central Receiving Dept. and controls to start tracking purchasing and receiving for all Depts as this was not in place. Several projects to include constructing the warehouse and storage areas to include the renovations storage staging areas, new tractor and golf cart maintenance building and reconstruction and renovation of numerous cottages, room blocks, main facility, restaurants, kitchens, etc. I also directed new concrete suspended roofing pours and new builds, concrete slabs, as well as reconstruction of cottage designs. I also implemented the energy savings re-lamping of the entire property to LED and energy saving and devices to include motion detectors, photo cells and timers. I was also instrumental in setting up the new addressable fire alarm panel for the property. My work permit was renewed three times and I achieved Bonus every year during my tenure.
- Director of Facilities at Coral Beach and Tennis Club
- Aruba Regional Director of Engineering and Construction at Divi Resorts
- Regional Engineering Director/ Project Manager (Negril Region, Jamaica WI) at Sandals Resorts International
- Senior Project Manager/ Site Manager/ Owner Rep/ QAQC at Tico Unlimited Inc
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- License - Real Estate
• Director of Facilities for a 50,000 sq. ft. Acute Care Hospital facility and grounds. Supervise Maintenance and Environmental Services departments in preventative maintenance, repairs and cleaning. Responsible for Environment of Care Compliance, Fire Codes, Safety, Security, CMS, JACHO surveys and Fire Marshal inspection compliance.
• Additional responsibilities: Senior Leadership team, budgets, hiring and firing, supplies, infection control, building automated systems, medical gases, generator, HVAC, building inspections, gather quotes for repairs and construction and hire contractors, spot check work and perform final inspections. Perform all types of maintenance repairs on equipment, building and grounds.
- Director of Facilities Management at Advanced Care Hospital of Montana
- Maintenance Supervisor at First Energy
- Construction Electrician, Combat Construction, Combat Veteran at United States Naval Reserves
- Aviation Electrician, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Safety Supervisor, Combat Veteran at United States Navy Active Duty
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Some college
As the Director of Facilities, I report to AMDA’s Chief of Staff and executive team, and am responsible for overall leadership and strategic planning the Facilities Department, at the LA campus. I work regularly with all departments of the school, providing (Departments include: Admissions/Executive Team/Marketing/Student services/Library/Education & other administrative staff) On a daily basis, I am involved in managing the Facilities maintenance staff, which includes one Facilities Manager, one Facilities Housing Coordinator, one Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, and 6+ maintenance staff members. Responsible for managing outside contractors for the school of all varieties. Working knowledge of integrated management systems, CAD software (Visio) as well as MS Office programs. Regularly review proposals/quotes/estimates from outside contractors, and hiring competent contractors to complete short-term and long term projects, ensuring safety and health standards are met. Provide detailed construction remodeling solutions, design, and project management for office remodels, as well as material allocation. I will also determine if the work will be completed inhouse or will be contracted out. Schedule all maintenance events and projects in congruence with other events set up by other departments and student groups (classes, housing events, admission's events, etc.) This requires communicating with multiple departments in order to streamline all processes and keep all residents/students/staff/faculty informed. Utilize technical and hands-on trade skills such as commercial and residential plumbing, painting, flooring installation, carpentry, lock smith, air conditioning, electrical, pest control, framing, drywall, window replacement, etc… I am familiar with LA County fire and safety code, and am responsible for implementing safety practices and corrections, while also educating the college community. Responsible for fire prevention systems maintenance and repair, and scheduling testing dates (REG IV). Created a database for office and housing keys, so physical key copies are not required for reproduction. Ensure all buildings are properly equipped with fire extinguishers and are updated/recharged annually. Coordinate the cleaning and maintenance of seven dormitory buildings, which creates a total of approximately 200 units. Vacant units, during a turnover, receive full treatment (cleaned/PM checks/Pest control) while all dorm rooms during the year are regularly maintained per resident's request. Familiar with pest control practices and protocol for treatment and/or removal in residential units. Implement cost-effective solutions often related to student/resident misconduct or property damage. Provide professional guidance to those that I manage, and empowering them to do their best. I am also responsible for reporting conduct issues with staff members to HR, and following up with them appropriately. Provide managerial support to subordinate supervisory staff, as needed. Interview applicants for open positions in the Facilities department, selecting qualified applicants to fill open positions.
- Director of Facilities at AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts
- Assistant Director of Facilities at
- Facilities Manager at
- Maintenance Technician at Facilities Department
11 months at this Job
- N/A - Business Administration
• Promoted to Assistant Director of Facilities from Lead Maintenance Mechanic.
• Maintain and monitor $1M operating budget, making needed adjustments to ensure budget requirements are achieved while accomplishing routine repairs, maintenance and capital improvement projects.
• Supervise 10 facilities mechanics that maintain the physical plant and mechanical systems for IRA group homes for mentally handicapped and developmentally disabled adults.
• Intricate part of project procurement process including preparing RFP's for multi-trade capital improvement projects and hiring contractors.
• Maintain and oversee building access control and safe access at 50 remote locations.
• Prioritize, assign and monitor staff performance on work request and preventative maintenance for 50 Residential group homes totaling 114k square feet.
• Restructured the facilities department reducing staffing by 2.6 FTE helping to drive operational change for better performance.
• Led the redevelopment of custodial cleaning services for 35,000 Sq. Ft. office buildings
• Interview, hire, train and supervise full time professional maintenance mechanics.
• Assisted with implementation of an appliance repair division saving 20% on the maintenance and operating budget.
• Successfully obtained excellent or good scores from HUD and NYS OPWDD physical plant inspections including NFPA fire and life safety code.
• Oversee the retrofitting and replacement of lighting fixtures saving the agency approximately 15% on the operating budget.
• Manage and respond to maintenance emergencies 24/7
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES at CRYSTAL RUN VILLAGE INC
- CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN at DEAD EYE DUNN CONSTRUCTION
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Certified Facilities Manager
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA