BMW of Sudbury Sudbury, MA July 2018-Jan 2019 Director of Finance
• Managed a team of six (3 F&I managers, 2 billers and an assistant)
• CIT management for entire store
• 300-unit average per month store
• $1680 PVR average for department
• 50-75 deals per month myself
BMW of Sudbury Sudbury, MA July 2018-Jan 2019
Director of Finance
- Director of Finance at BMW of Sudbury
- Sr. District Manager (MA) at JM&A Group
- at United States Air Force Part-time
- Finance Director at Acura Columbus
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Biology - Biology
• Drive property's financial performance, improving gross operating revenue by +56% (reaching $74 million in 2018) and gross operating profit by +136% since 2011.
• Coach operation team of 52 Department Heads on business acumen, ethics, and standards compliance.
• Lead yearly budgeting, monthly closing, and bimonthly forecasting processes for six profit & loss statements, the largest accounting scope in the company.
• Facilitate five internal and external audits per year, with maximum audit scores achieved in 2018.
• Negotiate and administrate more than 280 contracts, licenses, and permits, in close collaboration with vendors and local agencies.
• Developed four Assistant Director of Finance for promotion to Director of Finance at Four Seasons properties.
• Integrated 50-vehicle car rental operation, two 18-hole golf courses, and five retail outlets to resort's operation.
• Coordinated beachside resort's eight months closure and reopening after $250 million renovations. Currently assist with the countryside resort's conversion into a wellness center, in collaboration with Mr. Larry Ellison's Sensei startup.
- DIRECTOR OF FINANCE at FOUR SEASONS RESORTS - Lana'i City, HI
- DIRECTOR OF FINANCE at VERANDA RESORT & RESIDENCES - Turks and Caicos Islands
- DIRECTOR OF FINANCE at ORIENT EXPRESS BORA BORA - French Polynesia
- FINANCIAL CONTROLLER at MEERU ISLAND RESORT - Republic of Maldives
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Finance
- Bachelor's - Accounting and Finance
• Work in conjunction with the Director of Finance to oversee the smooth running of the school business office in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and budgeting practices.
• Communicate with students, parents, department chairs, Principal and Administrative Team regarding tuition and budget related issues
- Assistant Director of Finance at Preston High School
- at Howard Haber Early Learning Center
- School Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at The Hallen School
9 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Occupational
- - Physical Disabilities Affiliation
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Clinical Affiliations
Underboss Productions, Inc. New York, NY 5/2018 – Present Director of Finance & Strategic Partnerships · Began as consultant/primary internal advisor to distressed apparel licensing & women’s lingerie company · Compiled proforma net income statements, cash flow analysis and debt scenarios, triggered by multiple scenarios · Advised potential merger partners & company acquirers regarding valuation and integration strategies · Negotiated with vendors, debt partners and company factor regarding company debt · Compiled memorandums, pitch books and internal daily updates to internal management regarding progression · Post-investment, was retained on full-time basis as Director of Finance to work with COO to monitor cash flow, compute royalty payments, assure timely shipments, and manage debt paydown and efficient uses of cash
Underboss Productions, Inc. New York, NY 5/2018 – Present
Director of Finance & Strategic Partnerships
· Began as consultant/primary internal advisor to distressed apparel licensing & women’s lingerie company
· Compiled proforma net income statements, cash flow analysis and debt scenarios, triggered by multiple scenarios
· Advised potential merger partners & company acquirers regarding valuation and integration strategies
· Negotiated with vendors, debt partners and company factor regarding company debt
· Compiled memorandums, pitch books and internal daily updates to internal management regarding progression
· Post-investment, was retained on full-time basis as Director of Finance to work with COO to monitor cash flow, compute royalty payments, assure timely shipments, and manage debt paydown and efficient uses of cash
- Director of Finance at Underboss Productions, LLC
- Business Development/Deal Sourcing at EAB Consultants
- Financial Analyst & Strategic Partnerships Manager at Genal Strap, LLC
- Analyst at ICommerce Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Business and Management
DAILY MONTHLY ANNUAL OCCASIONAL/AD HOC
● Daily supervision/mentoring of three Accounting staff (billing, deposit, payables, reporting) and indirect supervision of six Accounting staff
● Serves as main contact/resident resource and expert on billing, the deposit, and retainer applications/transfers for the Accounting team
● Preparation of daily "flash" and "cash" reports (quick financial snapshot distributed to management)
● Review of daily operating bank account report, and posting of any electronic debit (FT) to the General Ledger (GL)
● Daily monitoring of AP inbox and coordination with Account Payable staff to pay invoices
● Estimates expenses to pay and plans according to cash balance
● Wires funds domestically, internationally and responsible for transferring funds within firm's accounts
● Oversight of receipts and disbursements to/from all IOLTA accounts
● Review of electronic credits report (FT) at month end, and reconciliation to retainer account
● Completion of monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts (approximately 20 accounts)
● Completion of monthly "balancing" ledger to sub-ledger task in 3E (new since 3E in August 2017)
● Oversight of monthly partner financial package, monthly capital and charity reports
● Oversight of quarterly pro bono reports, markdown and write-off reports
● Completion of quarterly financial analysis of firm departments and locations
● Assistance with/oversight of annual 1099 process each January
● Assist Director of Finance with preparation of the Firm's financial statement for outside accountants' review each February-March
● Assistance with/oversight of annual abandoned property review each summer/fall
● Preparation of annual performance reviews of three staff
● Support Director of Finance in running the Accounting department
● Serve as back-up to the Director of Finance when absent providing continuity, critical role modeling and leadership
● Assist Director of Finance with managing all banking relationships and various online set-ups (ongoing/ad hoc)
● General Ledger research, postings, reclassifications on ad hoc basis
● Coordination of IOLTA closing transactions within a number of potential bank accounts (ad hoc at attorney request)
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FINANCE at Verrill Dana, LLP
- GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE at
- FINANCIAL SERVICES INTERN at Horace Mann Insurance - The Malette Agency
- Vice-President of Activities at USM, Society of Financial Service Professionals
8 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
New York, NY 2016-2018
Private equity, value-added, real estate funds with approximately $10B of assets under management
Director of Finance
• Sourced, structured, negotiated and hedged over $1.7B of financings, refinancing, and lines of credit for value- added office, industrial, apartments, retail and student housing properties/portfolios across the United States
• Originated financings from domestic and international banks, debt funds, and agency lenders
• Negotiated and selected the most competitive and appropriate lender based on the transaction size, location, and property/portfolio business plan
• Managed and coordinated teams of acquisition officers, asset managers, property accountants, joint venture partners, attorneys, banks, hedging consultants, direct reports, treasury department and insurance groups to successfully exceed underwritten business plans and meet closing deadlines
- Director of Finance at DRA ADVISORS LLC
- Managing Partner/Portfolio Management at 522 CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Director of Acquisitions at ROBERT MARTIN COMPANY
- Director of Finance at ATHERTON NEWPORT
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Real Estate - Finance
- Master of Architecture - Architecture
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture - Architecture
Managed by Waterford Hotel Group, the 540,000-square-foot Connecticut Convention Center is the largest
convention facility between New York and Boston
Director of Finance Hartford, CT August 2006 - Current
• Create and manage annual multimillion-dollar budgets that include state subsidy funds
• Communicate and detail the expected results to the managing company and overseeing state agency
• Oversee the timeliness and accuracy of monthly and annual reports
• Actively participate in annual audit processes with independent and state agencies
• Oversee the financial impacts of capital projects
• Manage team responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, and fixed assets
• Ensure all business licenses, permits and insurance are compliant and up to date
• Manage box office staffing and ticket sales (on-site/online) for private and public events
• Collaborate with IT to maintain PCI compliance Assistant Controller
• Balance and reconcile monthly bank statements
• Maintain and manage capital expenditures & fixed assets controls
• Prepare and file state sales & admissions tax
• Perform monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Director of Finance at CONNECTICUT CONVENTION CENTER
- Cost Accountant at DONCASTERS PRECISION CASTINGS
- Senior Staff Accountant at WATERFORD HOTEL GROUP LLC
- Staff Accountant at FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO
12 years, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Accounting
March 2018 - Present
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the largest third-party hotel management company in the world. In March of 2018, it bought Gateway Hospitality Group and its entire portfolio of management contracts. Regional Director of Finance
Portfolio of 20 branded & independent properties, formerly managed by Gateway Hospitality; with direct report to Senior Vice President, Finance.
• Owner relations - Ensuring smooth management transitions occur for 5 separate ownership groups.
• Work closely with cash/treasury to confirm proper cash management for each ownership group, including distributions, funding of reserves, Capex reimbursements, and overall maintenance of healthy working capital. Each ownership group has unique expectations and needs. Highly customized.
• Train hotel GM's on Business Intelligence system, as well as Purchasing and Human Capital.
• Produce annual operating budgets; Oversee annual 5-year Capex plans with VP, Operations.
• Provide continual consultation to GM's and Revenue Management on annual forecast accuracy.
• Examine, adjust, and approve monthly financial statements, certifying accuracy for owner presentation and provide operational insight and feedback to property GM's.
- Regional Director of Finance at Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Director of Accounting at
- FF&E procurement and interior design services at Gateway Hospitality Group
- Area Controller at
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Education
Irving, TX 2018-2019
An $80 million international manufacturing group which provides complete cash center consultancy, data & software solutions and sorting machines, supported by a global service team, to central
banks, commercial processors and retailers as well as single note inspection systems to banknote
printworks, across the world.
Director of Finance
• Manage/update costing systems and bills of material
• Manage annual external audit process including annual inventory control reviews
• Rebuild Accounting/Finance department
• Manage cash flow to ensure payroll and A/P obligations were met
• Manage a staff of 5 (A/R, A/P, Payroll, Cost Accountant, Financial Analyst)
- Director of Finance at Cash Processing Solutions
- CFO/Corporate Controller at Kent Rathbun Concepts
- Vice President of Finance and Administration at Provident Royalties, LLC
- Regional Controller at U.S. Ink - A Sun Chemical Corporation
1 year at this Job
Tulsa, OK (Was employed by Mercy until 9/30/16 when the Mercy management agreement ended with OSUMC. On 10/1/16 became an OSU Medical Center employee.) Director of Finance
• Direct the financial functions of the organization (Budgeting, General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, & Payroll).
• Manage the Decision Support & Charge Master areas.
• Provide Executive leadership for the HIM/Medical Records/Clinical Documentation areas
• Coordinate & direct timely financial statements for internal & external purposes.
• Manage the annual audit.
• Provide key financial information for the preparation of cost reports, wage index, & various other projects.
• Perform an in-depth review of monthly A/R reserves, variance analysis, etc.
• Assist department directors/managers in understanding their productivity, budgets, & monthly financials.
• Analyze cash flow & investment accounts for strategic cash management.
• Develop & maintain internal controls.
• Conduct periodic audits of petty cash & departmental equipment to ensure accuracy of our general ledger (and as an internal control).
• Work closely with Materials Management area on supply inventory management/audits.
• Member of the Hospital Denials Committee.
• Member of the Vacancy Review Council (where decisions are made on filling positions).
• Achieved success in turning around the OSUMC Finance Department in numerous ways including bringing them from 25-30 audit adjustments to zero audit adjustments the past two years.
- Director of Finance at OSU Medical Center
- Senior Financial Analyst at Mercy
- Underwriter - Personal Lines at American States Insurance
- Accounting Supervisor at Koch Industries, Inc
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Financial Management
- BBA - Accounting