2018 - 2019
The hidden gem of Colorado Springs & the Pikes Peak region offering a variety of luxury accommodations for its resort guest while servicing its 1,300 memberships.
Director of Food and Beverage - Responsible for a $7 million food & beverage operation for a Four-Diamond resort & club. Provided service skills training for an upscale dining room, pub-style bar & lounge, casual dining room, barista, pool side cafes, beverage carts, in-room dining, catering, & banquets. As a member of the executive team, assisted in establishing & ensuring brand standards were followed.
➢ Increased total revenue $1.2 million over 2017, increasing profit by $561,068.
➢ Reduced peak season overtime 30% by introducing a cross utilization program
➢ Enhanced the food & beverage marketing plans based on our membership surveys, to include seasonal food menus, beverage menus & special events, improving the 2018 membership satisfaction score results by 13%.
➢ Directed & coordinated the efforts of 135 F&B associates that included a management team of eleven.
➢ Collaborated with the Executive Chef & resort's registered dietitian & professor of nutrition to focused on a balance menu, incorporating a wellness section to support the spa/wellness center.
- Director of Food and Beverage at Garden of the Gods Resort and Club
- General Manager at Azure Condominium
- Chief Operating Officer at The Bear's Club Property Owners Association
- Executive Director at Delray Grande Condominium & Club
1 year at this Job
Extensive experience in hospitality management with proven capabilities in menu/concept development, financial planning and responsibility, supervising and training, multi-outlet management, beverage management and guest service.
April 2018 - Present
Park City, UT
Director of Food and Beverage
• 6400 acre private luxury residential golf community
• Extensive offering of amenities that include two PGA championship golf courses, tennis and equestrian facilities, spa, fitness centers and family recreational centers
• Direct oversight of day to day Food and Beverage operations of five clubhouses, two off-site daily lodges and all events
• Assistant Director of Club Operations
- Director of Food and Beverage at Promontory Club
- Executive Director of Food and Beverage at Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
- Director of Food and Beverage at Benchmark Hospitality
- Director of Food and Beverage (interim) at Noble House Hotels & Resorts
9 months at this Job
Transferred within third-party hospitality group (Stonebridge) to assume the role of Director of Food and Beverage. 305 guest rooms, 24,000 sq. feet of event space. March 2018 FB revenue - $400k, April 2018 - $450k. Head of department, with Assistant Dir. of FB, FB Manager, Banquet Manager and Executive Chef reporting directly to me. Was put in charge of the property in the GM's absence. SALT scores for Restaurant Service +10 points over Doubletree Americas brand standard during the first two months of employment. Streamlined purchasing and inventory by eliminating costly inventory management software, training managers on purchasing and inventory control, and utilizing "dead stock" to maximize space and profitability in the kitchen and liquor room. Lead the recruiting and hiring process for a new Executive Chef. Continued to assist in new openings/acquisitions of new hotels within the Stonebridge portfolio, reporting directly to the Vice President of Food and Beverage.
- DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE at DOUBLETREE BY HILTON DENVER TECH CENTER
- DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE at DOUBLETREE BY HILTON DENVER TECH CENTER
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER at MILLIOKE RESTAURANT IN THE MARRIOTT
- GENERAL MANAGER, HARRY'S BAR AND GRILL (AN N-STARS RESTAURANT) at Mile
10 months at this Job
- B.S. - JOURNALISM/ADVERTISING/PUBLIC RELATIONS
- - LEADERSHIP
• Director of Food and Beverage Operations June 2011-December 2014 -Manage entire food and beverage operation of 750,000 square foot convention center, with annual sales exceeding that of $7 million in catering and $3 million in concessions. -Oversee and direct catering and concessions food and beverage operations including: interviewing, hiring, scheduling, ordering, inventory, labor costs and equipment maintenance -Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, projections, forecasts, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements
- Director of Food and Beverage Operations at Ovations Food Services - Duke Energy Convention Center
- General Manager at Ovations Food Services
- Assistant General Manager at Ovations Food Services
- Director of Banquets at
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Art - Economics
• Culinary focused boutique resort. 120 rooms and suites with full-service spa. Featuring, Tavern - bar restaurant serving 3 meal periods, Junction - Fine dining open kitchen restaurant, front desk café, and lobby gift shop. Cooks Academy - daily hands on cooking classes for guests, Banquets and Catering for corporate events and 80 weddings per year.
• Managed food and beverage staff of 90 employees
• Built out 5.4 million budget for 2018 with 28% F & B flow through
• Worked closely with all departments to improve total resort profitability
• Control department expenses to consistently come in under budget
• Received the Wine Spectators award for excellence for fine dining wine list
• Analyze product mix and profitability while reviewing cost control measures
• Worked on marketing, promotions, and fostered community relationships to grow business
• Maximize sales to exceed monthly budgeted revenues
• Guest complaint resolution
• Maintain forecast of sales projections for all outlets
• Participate in Profit and Loss review with GM, Area Director, and Ownership representatives
• Responsible for human resources - benefits, recruiting, orientation and terminations
- Director of Food and Beverage at Essex Culinary Resort and Spa
- Director of Food and Beverage at Ames Boston Hotel
- Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef at Westin Waltham Hotel
- Executive Chef at Tewksbury Country Club
2 years, 8 months at this Job
• Responsible for the success of 5-food and beverage outlets totaling sales of $5 million
• Responsible for P&L, budgets, staffing, hiring, firing, employee engagement and leadership.
• Control of cost of goods, ordering product, vendor relationships, and menu development
• Coordinate with and over see Housekeeping Manager for best practices for the department.
• Oversee and operate a small offsite catering food delivery business
• In conjunction with the executive chef, fully responsible for menu development and execution via all outlets.
• Work with marketing department for sales promotions, etc
• Assist. Director of Food & Beverage 7/2015
• Oversee multiple food and beverage units for the Resort such as the Clubhouse Restaurant, Banquets, Beverage carts/Snack houses, and Hunt Club Steakhouse restaurant
• Responsible for product inventory, purchasing, costs of goods, etc.
• Wine buyer for entire property, including Hunt Club Steakhouse, with approx. $70,000 in inventory, or 250 labels
• Personally responsible for Members wine club with monthly wine eblasts, tastings, sales
• Directly oversee Restaurant Managers, Assistant Managers, Banquet Manager/Supervisors, and indirectly oversee approx. 140 employees during peak season
• Controlling P&L, Menu Mix and staffing
• Creativity in food options at all outlets with the Executive Chef
• Responsible for hiring/firing associates when needed
• Overall daily operations and expectations for success and leadership of the property
- Director of Food and Beverage at Geneva National Resort & Club
- Restaurant Manager & Wine Director, Level at Geneva National Resort & Club
- Assistant Hospitality Manager at Three Rivers Winery
4 years at this Job
- Master's of Science - Human Relations & Business
- Bachelor's of Health and Nutrition - Wine Education
MGM Springfield, Masachusetts Director of F&B January 2018 - Present - Participating in process of developing and opening of 9 restaurants at MGM Springfield - Directly and indirectly managing the team of 600 employees supporting operations of MGM Springfield upscale restaurants. - Providing oversight of restaurants and banquets managers, including establishment and achievement of the profit objectives and desired standard of food quality, services, cleanliness, merchandising, and promotion. - Creating and maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with Restaurant Management Partners; supporting decision making and strategic vision based; establishing accountability in accordance with the company's standards. - Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating customer satisfaction of the individual outlets, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand. - Interacting positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. - Maintaining communication with all department to achieve high customer satisfaction. In addition, developing and changing menu items on an as-needed basis. - Overseeing the selection, purchasing, storage, inventory, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment. - Directing the development, interpretation, and implementation of the policies, operating procedures, and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff and personnel. - Ensuring compliance with health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards. - Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling, and coaching restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet.
- Director of Food and Beverage at MGM Resorts International
- Director of Restaurants at MGM Resorts International
- Todd English Olives - General Manager at MGM Resorts International
- General Manager at MGM Resorts International
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor Degree in International Business - International Business
- Associate Degree in Hospitality Management - Hospitality Management
• Daily Service Manager for multiple outlets (5); $7.2M in 2017
• VIP Bottle Service Coordinator; Increased / VIP Bottle Service revenue by 24%; Executed Monthly Club Nights including 2018 Golden State Warriors Victory Party
• Provides guidance, training, coaching, and mentoring to reporting staff
• Develops and conduct training programs to enhance management expertise on employee relations and labor relations subject matter.
• Monitors guest reactions and confers with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Performs proper execution of opening and closing procedures, pre and post service duties.
• Assists Director of Food and Beverage with staff meetings and trainings
• Monitors service to guests in multiple outlets; Restaurant, Bars, In Room Dining and Special Events
• Ensures floor staff's adherence to service standards
• Communicates and coordinates with other departments to ensure service and special events and or programing runs smoothly
• Handles customer correspondence as necessary
• Conducts performance appraisals
• Handles Payroll for Food and Beverage Department $1M in labor cost
• Hiring, Training and Development for Department
• Leads organization, delegation, and execution of large-scale member events that heavily rely on F&B. (e.g.; Super
• Bowl, New Year's Eve, Anniversary, etc.)..
• Manages configuration of reservation system
• Maintains budgeted labor costs by controlling overtime and meal break penalties.
• Performs monthly inventories and or spot check
• Monitors and executes proper POS programming
• Schedules staff for Food and Beverage Department of 60+ persons
- Associate Director of Food and Beverage at The Battery
- Assistant General Manager at Hog and Rocks
- General Manager at Daniel Patterson Group (DPG)
- Lead Server / Head Trainer at Mimosa Group
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
- - Political Science
• Full responsibility of P & L, Forecasting and Cost Control
• Summery Report for each events
• Team building and creating the direction of the company's culture
• Weekly meetings with Executive Chef, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, Director of Sales, Event Coordinator, Supervisors and Accounting to ensure team is executing all BEO's and staying in line with budget
• Creating seasonal menus with Executive Chef
• Weekly GM meetings with all locations
• Continuous training for staff to ensure to create memorable experiences for guest
• Control food quality
• Maintenance on all equipment
• Order new equipment and small wares
• Developed new inventory structure to ensure lowest product cost
- Director of Food and Beverage at Western Golf Properties
- General Manager at Union Square Hospitality Group
- Food and Beverage Director/ Executive Group Sales at Elmore Group
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Mesa Verde Country Club is a private equity full service member owned country club. I assist the Director of Food and Beverage in providing the ultimate in service and quality to our members and their guests. I also over see the Operations of the Banquets and Private Events. This entails the scheduling and training of staff, purchasing of non alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. My passion is craft beer and offering my guests fantastic options.
- Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at MESA VERDE COUNTRY CLUB
- Director of Food and Beverage at Tustin Ranch Golf Club
- Board of Directors at Tustin Chamber of Commerce
- General Manager of Catering at Staples Center and Nokia Theater
5 months at this Job
- Associate in Arts