• Formulated and recommend strategic human resources programs to achieve the organizations and corporate objectives. Implements and executes plans, programs and new ideas through department management.
• Guide and present strategic plans and reports to both the corporate headquarters and the property executive team concerning Human Resources related issues.
• Represented the organization at professional functions, social and charitable events to strengthen relationships, make presentations or participate in programs.
• Worked to define, establish and implement human resources benefit plans including annual open enrollment schedules, policies, programs and procedures; provides related education and materials to management and employees including manuals, handbooks and standardized reports. Coordinates communication meetings, printing and distribution of information to subordinate workers.
• Conducted continuing study of policies, programs, and practices to keep the company abreast with current practices and informed of new developments on the local, state and federal laws and legislation.
• Oversaw the implementation of programs; monitors human resources administration to standards; and identifies opportunities and resolves discrepancies.
• Acts as counselor/mediator for employees having issues with management. Recommends course of action for employee and/or management.
• Responsible for oversight and resolution of any sexual harassment complaints, in consultation with Corporate General Counsel.
• Consult with legal counsel to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, employment practices, and related issues and concerns. Acts as resource to management on legislation/laws that have been implemented/changed that may impact the organization.
• Consult with management responsible for policy or action; makes recommendation for improving effectiveness of programs. Confers with department directors or management and makes recommendations involving disciplinary, suspension, and employee terminations. Reviews complaints, conducts interviews, and addresses concerns as appropriate.
• Responsible for the Bi-Weekly Payroll processing, approvals and final adjustments in compliance with DOL and Corporate Payroll policies and procedures.
• Established and communicated standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures. Oversaw the processing of new hires and ensures accuracy of related paperwork within the business unit.
• Researched and analyzed wage and salary reports and information to determine competitive compensation plans, works with consultants to update wage and salary scales when necessary. Monitors and oversees performance appraisal program. Oversees the coordination and preparation of job descriptions and postings. Communicates standard procedures and trains management personnel.
• Handled and resolved employee personnel and benefit issues, questions and/or concerns as needed, confers with management and takes appropriate action, provides feedback to related personnel.
• Has overall responsibility for appropriate use of and training on HRIS system.
• Consults with the Vice President/Publisher, other Executive Team Members, and/or the Corporate Office Director of Human Resources on issues that may pose a potential legal liability or effect the financial position of the organization.
- Director of Human Resources at Berkshire Hathaway dba The Press of Atlantic City
- Director of Human Resources at Avalon Golden Inn
- Training Specialist at Harrah's Entertainment
- HR Generalist at
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Customer Service Training
A leading personal injury law firm in the Carolinas, with fourteen attorneys and over 130 associates, the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo represents clients in areas such as personal injury, wrongful death, workers' compensation, social security disability, & nursing home negligence claims.
Director of Human Resources
• Serve on Executive Committee, making recommendations to CEO regarding all aspects of human resources for the firm
• Initiate & manage overall HR services, policies, & programs for the firm, including hands-on management relating to HRIS, compliance, recruitment & selection, training & development, compensation & benefits, performance management, & employee relations
• Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Recruit, select and hire for all positions
• Oversee performance evaluation process; train & coach managers on performance management best practices
• Manage new employee orientation process
• Coordinate implementation of HR programs and services through HR staff
• Ensure outstanding employee relations
• Oversee employee safety, welfare, wellness & health programs
- Director of Human Resources at LAW OFFICES OF MICHAEL A. DeMAYO, LLP
- HR Consultant - North America Region at CLARIANT
- Owner/HR Business Partner Consultant at ADVANTAGE HR, LLC
- Director, Physician Network Human Resources at CAROLINAS MEDICAL CENTER - NORTHEAST
11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Organizational Communication
- A.A.S - Nursing, RN
The Director of Human Resources works in partnership with executive management and guides the development of the HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain talent. Provides a combination of strong business acumen, human resources, organizational development expertise. As a forward-looking business partner the Director of Human Resources will proactively assess business performance to develop HR solutions that enable business strategies, foster leadership success, and drive the employee experience.
• Implement human resource strategies by establishing department accountability, including talent acquisition, staffing employment processing, compensations, health and welfare benefits, training and development, record management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
• Develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues: contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to executive management.
• Work with senior management to develop staffing strategies and implementation plans for each department to determine talent within and outside the organization for positions and responsibility.
• Oversees the management of recruitment and hiring practices. Identify appropriate external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
• Develop policies and procedures for effective management of the people resources of the organization.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements advising management ton needed actions.
• Payroll and benefits administration. Ensuring compliance with all regulations.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the community, colleges, and other recruiting venues.
• Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned.
- Director of Human Resources at Warren Transport, Inc.
- Senior Human Resources Advisor at NEXTERA ENERGY
- Personnel and Business Manager (Executive Officer II) at STATE OF IOWA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- Director of Labor Relations & Training at COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
at this Job
- BA - Psychology
Bryn Mawr, PA October 2018 - January 2019 Vertically integrated cultivator, processor and wholesale/retail dispenser of customized, high quality, medical cannabis products throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and State of Louisiana.
Director of Human Resources
Responsible for development and implementation of strategic Human Resources procedures throughout the organization.
• Created employee handbook and new hire application to align with state and federal regulations.
• Created job descriptions, screened and hired key personnel at all levels including COO resulting in 31% total personnel growth.
• Established key relationships with a variety of recruitment sources including Executive Search Firms, College and Universities.
• Developed and executed training curriculum including New Hire Onboarding, Management 101 and Customer Service for retail employees.
• Reduced total turnover from 33% to 4%..
• Established and implemented companywide performance review process and compensation program.
- Director of Human Resources at ILERA HEALTHCARE
- Area Human Resource Manager at THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY
- at THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY
- Training and Development Manager at THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY
3 months at this Job
- B.S.B.A. - Business Administration-Management
- OAK BROOK, ILLINOIS (JUNE 2014 - SEPTEMBER 2018) A 386-room full service resort located in western suburbs with close to 300 associates servicing a myriad of amenities. Director of Human Resources As Director of Human Resources of the Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Hills Resort, I managed and administered the daily Human Resource generalist functions of the resort. These functions included but were not limited to benefit administration, employee recognition, recruitment, background and reference check, onboarding, performance evaluations, reconciliation for payroll and orientation in accordance with the brand standard. In addition, I provided guidance to property managers and supervisors to ensure even-handed, fair and consistent discipline for the team. To ensure open communication between team members and supervisors/managers, I routinely served as mediator to generate understanding and enlighten both sides. I provided vital support to ensure the property's victory of a union campaign in 2015, and successfully enhanced the culture to ensure no further attempts at unionization at the property without sacrificing accountability. I also worked in partnership with the corporate attorneys to prevail in every EEOC, NLRB and IDHR claim against the property during my tenure. In addition, I successfully navigated my team through three major property layoffs with compassion while ensuring dignity for the team members affected and providing support and reassurance to the remaining team members. All employee goodwill functions were the responsibility of my department and successfully executed within budgetary guidelines.
- Director of Human Resources at HILTON CHICAGO OAK BROOK HILLS RESORT & CONFERENCE CENTER
- Director of Human Resources at SHERATON GATEWAY LOS ANGELES, HOTEL
- Director of Human Resources at THE AMBASSADOR EAST HOTEL
- at THE AMBASSADOR EAST HOTEL
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Physical Therapy and Psychology
- High School Diploma
• Hired in as a personal assistant, moved on to Executive Assistant, and promoted to Director of Human Resources within the first year.
• Coordinated and lead new hire on-boarding process
• Ran day to day office operations.
• Worked hand in hand with owners.
• Created weekly and daily reports.
• Managed travel arrangements and personal requests.
• Cross trained in many areas such as human resources, accounting, management, and decision making.
- Director of Human Resources at Stewart Systems Restaurant Group
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Hammerhead Pools LLC
Director of Human Resources
Set strategic goals.
Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback.
Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply
Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
Manage relationships/agreements/ contracts with external partners/vendors/customers residential and commercial 5k to 300k depending on construction bid.
Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
Proven experiences as Director of Human Resources with Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Outstanding communication and people skills
Knowledge of industry's legal rules and guidelines.
•Overseeing 40+ Associates
•Payroll and medical benefits, 401K, Workers Compensation, LOA, FMLA, Short/Long Term Disability
•Heading Weekly Performance meetings
•Closing of Contracts and sales delivery
•Inventory Ordering, Sales and billing and collections
•Provide all daily reports and agenda to CEO
•Complete hire/ fire associate control
- Director of Human Resources at Hammerhead Pools LLC
- Human Resources Manager at Amazon
17 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health and Science
- BA - Business Management
- Certification - Business Administration
8/2015 - present CCSWO is a social service agency serving the Cincinnati community with 100 employees and a budget of $17.5 million. DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES Provide leadership and direct HR activities for the agency. Partner with the Administrative Team to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster growth and organizational effectiveness with priority on talent management and employee engagement. * Foster an open-door environment centered on responsiveness, open-dialogue and teamwork. * Provide consulting and coaching to both management and staff on human resources related topics. * Advise and direct management team in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. * Manage recruitment, selection and on-boarding of staff. * Oversee performance review process. Train and counsel managers on effective coaching. * Facilitate On-Boarding Committee, Recognition Committee and Wellness Committee. * Develop HR policies and procedures based on best practice and the agency's organizational culture. * Partner with legal counsel to safeguard organization against legal liability and exposure with employee relations issues. Conduct investigations. * Monitor AAP, ensure record-keeping is complete, and the agency is in compliance with legal requirements. * In partnership with CFO and outside vendor created and adopted a new compensation plan. * Co-leader in a successful conversion to PTO plan. Designed and delivered presentation to management and staff. * Designed and implemented a Tuition Reimbursement program. * Conducted audit of all positions within agency to comply with FLSA regulations. Made recommendations for changes in exemption status which were implemented. Designed and delivered informational sessions to management and staff.
- DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES at CATHOLIC CHARITIES SOUTHWESTERN OHIO
- DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES at MARY CARIOLA CHILDREN'S CENTER
- EMPLOYMENT MANAGER at HILLSIDE FAMILY OF AGENCIES/CRESTWOOD CHILDREN'S CENTER
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Interdisciplinary Studies
JOHNSTOWN, CO Specialized medical and rehabilitative services to patients through rehabilitation and long-term acute care hospitals. Director of Human Resources, October 2016 to present Hired to fulfill the organizations need of a senior HR leader for both the Northern Colorado Rehabilitation Hospital and the Northern Colorado Long Term Acute Care Hospital that are located on the same campus. Provide strategic guidance to the senior leadership team that manages risk to the organization by addressing HR workplace issues, providing guidance and direction to management, and implementing corporate strategic initiatives. Key Results: ◆ Revitalized the role of the HR Director with the senior leadership team and all employees. Created a professional and confidential environment that is now trusted and looked to as a valued member of the leadership team and resource for leaders and employees. ◆ Successfully managed a culture transformation wherein all employees are now held accountable for their performance and behavior. Managed transformation through partnerships with the leadership team, managed the transition of key positions, recruitment and fulfillment of both leadership and staff positions. ◆ Eliminated excessive Open Enrollment expenses by eliminating need of corporate representation for on-site presentations and managing entire process locally. ◆ Successfully managed three site surveys from regulatory agencies with no findings within first six months of employment. Professional Experience (continued)
- Director of Human Resources at NORTHERN COLORADO REHABILITATION HOSPITAL
- HR Representative at HEXCEL CORPORATION
- SR HR Advisor at WILLBROS CONSTRUCTION
- HR Manager at O'NEAL FLAT ROLLED METALS
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Atlantic City, NJ A subsidiary of Chesapeake Hospitality, a third-party hotel management company. Director of Human Resources, June 2016 to Present Manage all aspects of Human Resources including employee relations and investigations, employee recruitment, new employee orientation, training and development programs. Manage leave of absences, benefits enrollment. Key Results: ◆ Implemented and manage all HR policies and procedures for Showboat Hotel prior to its opening in 2016 through the present. ◆ Edited and updated Chesapeake Hospitality Employee Handbook for 33 hotels. ◆ Designed and instructed all training programs including New Hire Orientation and leadership training courses for managers, and manage all employee engagement initiatives.
- Director of Human Resources at SHOWBOAT HOTEL
- HR Manager at VICTORIA MANOR
- Human Resources Intern at ATLANTICARE
- Human Resources Generalist (Seasonal) at THE ATLANTIC CLUB
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters in Human Resource and Employer Relations - Human Resource and Employer Relations