My current role as Director of Logistics is to oversee and manage multiple employees to operate the entire scheduling department. Additionally, I am responsible as the direct point of contact for major million-dollar insurance companies and provide daily, weekly & monthly status and productivity reports to our major clients and our CEO. I coordinate between clients, policy holders, and inspectors to schedule 50+ appointments a day. Inspections are scheduled across 5 various states and over 10+ inspectors. Other duties include preparing invoices, assist in accounts receivable department, coordinate hotel arrangements for overnights stays in out of area inspections, and maintain vacation time, personal leave, and sick leave for all inspectors. Accomplishments: Started as an entry level scheduler and quickly advanced into my current position within a year. Directly assisted in the company revitalization for price changes and overhaul of old scheduling procedures to streamline and produce more revenue. Built a strong rapport and trustworthiness with clients throughout the years of my employment.
- Director of Logistics at Disaster-Smart Inspection Consulting, Inc
- Stylist at Smart Style Hair Salon
- Executive at Habits Hair Studio
- Customer Service/Billing Rep at West Corporation
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Cosmetology
- - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Alpharetta, GA 2010 - 2017 Alimera Sciences is a manufacturer of a pharmaceutical designed to provide the diabetic patient with a low-drug exposure, sustained-release treatment for Diabetic Macular Edema (DME). Director of Logistics Researched and personally interviewed European distributors in Germany and the Netherlands. Successfully selected and negotiated a service agreement with European distribution partner. Launched new product in Europe (4 SKUs) and in the US (1 SKU). Developed shipping process from the contract manufacturer in Mexico to the contract finished product manufacturer in California and from the finished product manufacturer in California to the contract importer / manufacturer in the United Kingdom and in the US. Responsible for packaging revisions (i.e., revisions to cartons, patient inserts, product inserts, etc) to include understanding the requirements and implementing a timeline, involving the graphic artist to create the revisions, routing the revisions for approval, routing approved revisions to CMO/printer for Artflow design, approving the Artflow, creating a risk management plan to minimize obsolescence. Created inventory planning model for product launch based off sales forecast. Inventory model included safety stock and triggered orders to manufacturing partners. Managed and negotiated Statement of Work (SOW) agreement and the associated Standard Operating Procedures with 3PL. Researched, selected and negotiated an agreement with a Track and Trace company for compliance with Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). Successfully lead a team to redesign our packaging to include serialization requirements while maintaining regulatory requirements but minimize the changes that the downstream customers would experience. Successfully compared the US DSCSA with the EU Falsified Medicines Act and determined that the serialization requirements and packaging requirements overlapped. Facilitated joining the European Medicines Verification Organization (EMVO) and the National Medicines Verification Organization (NMVO) for each country where Alimera Sciences was commercially active. Partnered with the Quality Team to develop a replacement program for complaints within the US and the EU. Also, developed an expired product replacement program within the US and the EU. Streamlined the return process in the EU to reduce the return cycle from 3 weeks to less than 1 week. Manager of Logistics Overall responsibility of facilitating and negotiated Distributor Service Agreements with four pharmaceutical distribution companies and with a pharmaceutical third-party logistics (3PL) provider. Worked with contract manufacturer's engineers and internal quality group to successfully design manufacturing process. Managed relationships with the contract manufacturers, the 3PL and the distributors. Negotiated Manufacturing Service Agreement with third party contract manufacturing. Researched and selected process for controlled temperature shipping of finished goods to Europe. Researched and interviewed pan European distributors for future requirements in Europe.
- Director of Logistics at Alimera Sciences, Inc
- Operations Management Consultant at ViveBio, LLC
- Senior Process Engineer at CIBA VISION - A NOVARTIS COMPANY
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Biochemistry and Chemistry
Managed a team of 20 operations, sales and administration employees
Complete requests for pricing for large scale customers
Successfully grew the Portland office by 20% margin in a 12 month period
Assisted the sales team in building rapport with customers, to increase
● revenue, margin and relationships Trained and developed new team members in logistics and standard Director of Logistics operations procedures Coached and guided existing team members in further industry development and success ABOUT ME
- Director of Logistics at CAI Logistics Inc
- Account Manager & Customer Operations at Coyote Logistics
2 years at this Job
Hired as the second employee to transition the start-up from product development to production of high definition,
digital security cameras. Responsibilities included hands-on tasks as well as management of teams.
Director of Logistics
● Used Excel extensively to track open orders in a company that at one point had over $90 million in annual sales but lacked an ERP system.
● Responsible for scheduling both Production and Shipping, directing a Shipping team of up to six employees and fostering cooperation between departments to ensure a positive experience for our customers.
● Responsible for ensuring that the proper balance of finished goods was maintained so that not only were orders shipped quickly but raw materials were used efficiently. SKU count was over 208 products. Since forecasting was mostly unavailable from the Sales department, historical trends had to be analyzed while rapidly making adjustments based on real-time sales data.
● Created a monthly build plan so that the purchasing department could ensure that the correct raw materials would be available for expected production runs.
● Responsible for providing accurate weekly reporting to the COO detailing the status of all open orders, tracking of the monthly build plan and the makeup of the finished goods inventory.
● Maintained relationships with shipping suppliers including FedEx and UPS to ensure quick solutions to problems in order to minimize impact to our customers.
● Maintained high employee morale and fostered teamwork in a fast-paced environment that required the employees to work many overtime hours.
● Included in the Key Employee Retention plan as the company was reorganized under Chapter 11. This group of employees was determined to be essential to the transition process and incentivized to remain until the reorganization was completed. Operations Manager
● Created all initial Operations and Accounting procedures for a company that eventually grew to over 150 employees worldwide.
● Directly responsible for supervising 38 employees in the Production, Shipping, Receiving and Purchasing Departments.
● Coordinated the physical move of the company from Altadena to Glendale without interrupting the daily operations.
● Member of the implementation team for Fishbowl, an inventory management software package.
- Director of Logistics/Operations Manager at Arecont Vision, LLC
- Office Manager at Unified Dispatch, Inc
- General Manager/Office Manager/Production Worker at J. B. Chemical Co., Inc
13 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
- Vocational Certificate - Percussion
- - Computer Science
Cottondale, AL (Greenfield) 2018 to Present $11B Automobile vertical manufacturing company catering to European Customers-Mercedes. Director of Logistics (Supply Chain) Comprehensive leadership of Supply Chain Operations for a new 750,000 sq. ft. JIT plant supporting MBUSI 167 program. Operations include exteriors, interiors, and injection molding. Responsible for 112 suppliers with over 4000 parts with over 3500 parts pick by light. Direct 65 salary, 300 hourly, and 20 consultants. Manage $100M budget for freight spend, salaries, and expenses. Successful implementation of SAP and PBL production.
- Director of Logistics (Supply Chain) at SAMVARDHANA MOTHERSON PEGUFORMG
- Supply Chain Manager at JOHNSON CONTROLS
- Senior Production Control Analyst at DENSO CORPORATION NORTH AMERICA
- Managing Partner at VINTAGE BEGINNINGS, LTD
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Executive Management
- B.B.A. in Information Systems - Information Systems/Operations Management
Managed the Supply Chain Division for a Deployable Hospital Unit consisting of 4,000+ personnel; led a team of 100+ personnel responsible for integrating emerging concepts and required capabilities into organizational design for supply chain and logistics operations.
• Developed and implemented operational concepts and material requirements for the U.S. Army Logistics Branch ◦ Led to standardized operations in 11 locations and 23 support activity warehouses
• Analyzed and improved 4 branches logistics operations and 2 logistics programs. ◦ Cut costs by divesting 1,200 pieces of out dated equipment
• Collaborated with subject matter experts, development teams, and organizational leaders across the Army to develop strategy to integrate prototype equipment into the Force ◦ Documented findings and submitted to Executive Leadership
• Provided expertise and guidance to managers, directors, and supervisors from 35 organizations ◦ Increased the Army's logistical capabilities by 20% Director of Operations Managed and led all logistic, transportation, and service support operations for an organization of 1,000+ personnel and $35M worth of equipment and assets. Managed and tracked complex movement of equipment and personnel across multiple countries.
• Led a team of 11 personnel in Germany to provide joint-logistical support to 200+ personnel from all branches of the military, Department of Defense, and local populace ◦ Increased the efficiency by 40%
• Developed and implemented processes for a company of 156 personnel with 242 vehicles ◦ Streamlined maintenance processes and increased productivity by 55%
• Managed the logistics budget and improved business practices of the organization by cutting cost and reducing waste ◦ Saved the organization $50K and improved delivery time by 15%
• Developed a tracking system to accurately update the executive leadership on organizational movements ◦ Increased organizational efficiency by 15%
- Director of Logistics Operations at United States Army
21 years at this Job
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
Managed the Supply Chain Division for an organization consisting of 1,000+ employees; led a team of 100+ personnel
responsible for integrating emerging concepts and required capabilities into organizational design for supply chain and logistics operations.
• Developed and implemented operational concepts and material requirements for the U.S. Army Logistics Branch; led to standardized operations in 11 locations and 23 support activity warehouses
• Analyzed and improved 4 branches logistics operations and 2 logistics programs within the Force Design Directorate; cut costs by divesting 1,200 pieces of out dated equipment
• Collaborated with subject matter experts, development teams, and organizational leaders across the Army to develop strategy to integrate prototype equipment into the Force; documented findings and submitted to Executive Leadership
• Provided expertise and guidance to managers, directors, and supervisors from 35 organizations; increased the Army's logistical capabilities by 20% Director of Operations Managed and led all logistic, transportation, and service support operations for an organization of 400+ personnel and $27M worth of equipment and assets.
• Led a team of 11 personnel in Africa to provide joint-logistical support to 200+ personnel from all branches of the military, Department of Defense, and local populace; increased the efficiency of the Joint Task Force by 40%
• Developed and implemented processes for a company of 156 personnel with 242 vehicles; Streamlined maintenance processes and increased productivity by 55%
• Managed the logistics budget and improved business practices of the organization by cutting cost and reducing waste; saved the organization $50K and improved delivery time by 15%
- Director of Logistics Operations at United States Army
26 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Supply Chain Management
Senior Program Manager, Air Transportation & Traffic Management
10 Direct reports/103 Indirect employees; Senior advisor to the United States Air Forces-Central Director of Logistics supporting the United States military operations in the Southwest Asia/Middle East. Provides subject
matter expertise in the effective use of agile combat support, including aircraft maintenance, munitions, fuels,
supply, vehicles, transportation, and logistics. Provides human resource management and administrative support
for 113 personnel, including development, training, hiring, performance appraisals, discipline, recognition, and task management. Manages all aspects of transportation and traffic management for Southwest Asia/Middle East
operations, including policy, personnel, resource and equipment allocation, and multi-modal movement solutions.
• Developed $80M Afghanistan air terminal contract; drafted comprehensive cargo and passenger statement of work, evaluated technical proposals; saved $16M/4-years with cost-plus to fixed price transition.
• Reengineered parts movement routes for U.S. fighter aircraft basing in Jordan; drafted distribution policies to increase availability, developed cargo prioritization plan; reduced delivery times by 6-days.
• Teamed on supply operations Middle East mission-capable parts review; analyzed aircraft parts on-hand levels, order frequency, and delivery times; revised order-ship algorithm, cut critical parts orders by 17%.
• Advised Director on human resource matters; provided counsel on two equal opportunity issues, employee conflict resolution, personnel development, and performance appraisals; rectified workplace disruptions.
- Senior Advisor to the Director of Logistics at Air Transportation & Traffic Management
- Senior Operations & Human Resource Manager at
- Senior Operations & Human Resource Manager, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI at
- Senior Advisor, 43d at Airlift
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership - Executive Leadership
- Bachelor of Applied Science - w/Minors
- Associate Degree of Applied Science - Transportation Management
SolarCity (Solar Energy) 01/2010- 08/2016
Director of Logistics and Supply Chain
Responsible for effective leadership and oversight of 20 logistics centers operating in the US, Mexico, and China markets, with warehousing totaling 1.5 million sqft, along with overseeing up to 75 million in indirect product cost and logistic procured services. Logistic duties included management of 3PL suppliers, internal distribution centers, freight contracts, international logistics, order fulfillment for 80 warehouses, and WMS/TMS integration. Procurement duties included the development and deployment of purchasing strategies to support 100 plus locations and/or job sites. Developed financial budgets, critical data analysis, led high level complex projects including presented to C-level management, metrics builder, and named as insider corporate officer because of the significant policy-making functions I performed.
Logistics , Freight, and Warehousing
o Oversee 20 logistic/distribution locations with primary responsibility of managing QTR billion dollars of inventory, 60K material orders, 3K freight shipments monthly, global logistics, and oversight of 40M in spend.
o Responsible for the initial design of SolarCity’s warehousing & logistic infrastructure with primary focus on reducing 3PL cost/activity , designing and launching internal distribution centers, deploying WMS/TMS systems, spearheading lean practices, establishing and managing metrics, and driving significant cost savings.
o Achieved significant savings in 3PL storage and ocean freight by maximizing containers, redesigning packaging for high stability, cost avoidance of 3PL fees, and aggressive ocean rate negotiation,
o Spearheaded new fulfillment ordering process resulting in annual savings of 1M by ensuring an effective ordering schedule was in place, standardizing delivering schedule, and maximizing trailers capacities.
o Developed and implemented Warehousing /Transportation Management Software that achieved major systems improvements, provided real time reporting, along with achieving 2.5 million in annual savings.
o Achieved 99.99% inventory accuracy and drove 100% SOX compliance by implementing inventory audits, expanding the cycle count program, and driving sense of urgency.
o Developed new storage strategy for warehousing solar pallets and worked with purchasing to require vendors to comply with new stacking guidelines. Project achieved 1M in cost savings by maximizing cubic air and also set new industry standards for other solar companies to follow.
• Commodity / Procurement Manager - (Held procurement duties throughout tenure) o Developed and implemented 5 Year 100MM cost reductions strategies that included logistic contracts, indirect materials, temp labor services, internal and domestic freight spend, inventory packaging, FedEx parcel shipping, commercial equipment rentals, company travel expenses, car rentals, and other indirect cost. Project achieved 10M in cost savings during the first 6 months of implementation. o Develop and implemented spending strategies for 100 field managers and corporate staff covering best practices, vendor management, risk & legal compliance, and financial management. o Developed and implemented vendor management program supplying 80 warehouses and achieved record savings in price reductions and shipping cost by performing RFP/RFQ’s, conducting critical data analysis, performing aggressive contract negotiations, conducting market research, and leveraging total buying power of procurement categories. o Responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, accurate reporting of supply chain financials prior to public release of company P/L, enforcement of SOX compliance, deploying effective cost coding processes, and provided financial analysis support to corporate and field managers.
- Director of Logistics and Supply Chain at SolarCity
- Logistics Manager at Liquid Container
- Operations Manager at Okone Logistics
- Transportation Manager at Home Depot Supply
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Information Systems
• Coordinated and facilitated oversight and support for 38 global equipment movement evolutions and training exercises, totaling 19,322.92 short tons and 32,381 personnel safely transported
• Worked the executive exercise named Yama Sakura 67, which is a bilateral training exercise between multiple countries; trained the Japanese Army and Navy in joint operations and logistics procedures
• Provided technical oversight for 15 unit "swaps"; included 1,800 pieces of personal luggage moved from Japan, east and west coast United States, and Hawaii across 3 airports and freight terminals in 48 hours Director of Planning and Operations
• Directed overall planning and support for 38 air terminals and sea ports of embarkation (loading and discharge) over 4 geographically separated locations in Japan
• Mentored, provided oversight, and subject matter expertise in operations and freight forwarding across foreign countries, supporting up to 6,000 personnel
• Facilitated oversight, guidance, and technical expertise to 5 reporting departments as the subject matter expert within transportation, totaling over 417K+ miles driven, 127K+ personnel moved, and 10,801 short tons transported
• Assisted with forecasting, budgeting, and allocating an operational budget of $25M ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ __CHRISTOPHER T. MANNING, ~~~~~ Transportation Operations Manager
• Oversaw transportation training operations as an "exercise chief" for multi-national exercises in the Philippines and Thailand; collaborated with entities from the United States, Philippines, Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia
• Controlled all movement of military vehicles, equipment and cargo during bilateral exercises within the joint movement control center, with oversight of the Philippines area of operation
• Operated, managed and facilitated all air terminals, and sea ports providing technical expertise with freight forwarding, customs, and provided conflict resolution during critical times
• Monitored daily, weekly, and monthly productivity standards; held team accountable for maintaining a high level of operation standardization
• Created and established a policy for tracking critical cargo while traditional methods of in transit visibility was not available. Ground Safety and Risk Management Instructor
• Developed and conducted programs to train employees on proper ground safety and risk management procedures; oversaw curriculum changes and provided updates to approval authorities
• Wrote training programs to include the outline, text updates, handouts, and tests to apply knowledge of systems and procedural processes - facilitated multiple classes of 10+ students per rotation
- Director of Logistics and Mobility at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
19 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management of Technical Operations/ Aviation and Aerospace