13126 Assistant Director of Logistics to the Director of Facilities Maintenance & Operations for the State University of New York at Oswego. Manages the Fleet Garage, Grounds department, and Central Receiving (stock room, mail room, trucking departments combined). Duties include: direct management and supervision of all functions within the SUNY Oswego Fleet Garage, Grounds department and Central Receiving department. Handles all financial accounts for those department, all purchases, pay roll, hiring, etc. Manages multiple campus wide beautification projects, all campus storage spaces, scheduling for 34 permanent employees and 50 seasonal employees. Purchases campus vehicles and handles over 130 vehicles in the campus fleet. Coordinates work for outside contractors and obtaining contracts for work on campus grounds.
- Assistant Director of Logistics at SUNY Oswego
- Technical Sergeant in the 30 Aerial Port Squadron at Traditional Reservist
- Military Training Leader at United States Air Force
- Aerial Port Journeyman at United States Air Force
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Logistics and personnel management
Jersey City, NJ March 2018 - Present
A startup consumer products company that manufactures and markets user-friendly outdoor living accessories.
Director of Logistics
● Serve as Director of Logistics on a consulting basis for innovative consumer products start-up company.
● Derived strategy for end-to-end pipeline management, inventory management, and inventory deployment.
● Oversee all inbound and outbound shipping to customers including Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Ollie's.
● Establish warehouse in LA. Manage freight forwarder, customs broker, 3PL warehouse, DSD distribution and reverse logistics.
● Implement EDI process between company and customers via third-party EDI provider.
● Create ASN's and electronic invoices to send to customers.
- Director of Logistics at WISELY PRODUCTS LLC
- Import Manager at ELIE TAHARI, LTD
- Director of Operations at BLUE BANANA GROUP, LLC
- Director of Global Logistics at MAIDENFORM, INC
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.B.A - Marketing Management and Business Administration
Serve as the Director of Logistics with the responsibility to ensure the adequate transportation for senior citizens to our seven centers. Also responsible for the maintenance of the facilities.
• Responsible for the Transportation contract and the policies related to said contract. I ensure that each participant is transported via the properly required transportation, ex. Ambulatory, via van, stretcher, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring the facilities are maintained within the state and health department guidelines.
• Responsible for addressing and the remediation of all grievances, occurrences and safety violations for the centers.
• Responsible for the cleaning contracts, vendor contracts and equipment ordering for all the centers.
• Responsible for compliance, quality and safety for the centers with reference to the facilities and transportation.
• Responsible for writing Proposals, and Statement of Work for the centers.
• Responsible for contract reviews and approval of contracts, policies and regulations for transportation, and facilities before it goes to legal.
• Prepare and maintain schedules, approve time cards, vacations and other employee schedule related activities.
• Responsible for tracking and maintaining expenditures for transports and facility maintenance and repairs and ensuring to remain within yearly budget.
• Responsible for ensuring all SDS's are current and in their proper location.
• Responsible for ensuring all fire and safety codes are maintained and followed
• Responsible for managing and continuously improving logistic management operations across all centers, fostering innovation and utilizing data driven analytics to improve participant care.
• Function as a liaison between Mercy LIFE administration, operations and clinical staff, participants and caregivers, as well as contracted transportation companies, contractors and cleaning companies.
• Responsible for assisting with capital budget preparation and purchasing of equipment, supplies parts and material throughout the centers.
- Regional Director of Logistics at MERCY LIFE
- Material Control Manager at PHILLY SHIPYARD
- Provisioning and Support Analyst Sr at LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
- Production Third Shift Lead Supervisor at LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
5 months at this Job
- Master's degree in Business Management - Business Management
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Oil-Dri is a leading supplier of specialty sorbent products for crop and horticultural, fluids purification, animal health, sports field, industrial and automotive markets and is a leading manufacturer of cat litter. Responsibility for driving key transportation management strategies by leveraging processes, tools and technologies to achieve service level goals with budgeted parameters for multimodal types of transportation. Management and monitoring of supplier relationships, compliance tracking, and continuous improvement programs. Includes furthering traffic team expertise, delivery metrics, efficient/economical routing and mode of transport, leadership with process mapping, SOPs, and customer service relative to transportation. · Integral part of Management ownership team for 45MLogistics/Transportation budget as part of overall 110MSupply Chain, teamefforts lead to approx. annual savings of1M. · Contractual managementof transportation services. · Key orchestrator of direction for multimodal transportation strategyand best cost routing for truckload, LTL, pneumatic/bulk truck, and intermodal. · Pivotal Logistics sponsor for company-wide JD Edwards system implementation/initiative in 2018, aiding in distinct and extensive cultural change for the company. · Managed truckload portfolio of asset and non-asset based carriers for over 21,000 truckloads annually. · Specific expertise in unifying and team buildingwith a diverse workforce and across multifunctional lines. · Continuous research and analysis of industry trends and emerging technological innovationsrelative to Transportation. · Increased pneumatic/bulk truck carrier portfolio from 18 carriers to 28 leading to savings and improved service. · Maximized LTL strategy to lower and standardize pricing which increased competition among carriers. · Analyzed and selected online portal for LTL routing and rating that resulted in improved carrier selection for best cost and efficacy, ultimately resulting in savings.
Oil-Dri is a leading supplier of specialty sorbent products for crop and horticultural, fluids purification, animal health, sports field, industrial and automotive markets and is a leading manufacturer of cat litter.
Responsibility for driving key transportation management strategies by leveraging processes, tools and technologies to achieve service level goals with budgeted parameters for multimodal types of transportation. Management and monitoring of supplier relationships, compliance tracking, and continuous improvement programs. Includes furthering traffic team expertise, delivery metrics, efficient/economical routing and mode of transport, leadership with process mapping, SOPs, and customer service relative to transportation.
· Integral part of Management ownership team for 45MLogistics/Transportation budget as part of overall 110MSupply Chain,
teamefforts lead to approx. annual savings of1M.
· Contractual managementof transportation services.
· Key orchestrator of direction for multimodal transportation strategyand best cost routing for truckload, LTL,
pneumatic/bulk truck, and intermodal.
· Pivotal Logistics sponsor for company-wide JD Edwards system implementation/initiative in 2018, aiding in distinct
and extensive cultural change for the company.
· Managed truckload portfolio of asset and non-asset based carriers for over 21,000 truckloads annually.
· Specific expertise in unifying and team buildingwith a diverse workforce and across multifunctional lines.
· Continuous research and analysis of industry trends and emerging technological innovationsrelative to Transportation.
· Increased pneumatic/bulk truck carrier portfolio from 18 carriers to 28 leading to savings and improved service.
· Maximized LTL strategy to lower and standardize pricing which increased competition among carriers.
· Analyzed and selected online portal for LTL routing and rating that resulted in improved carrier selection for best cost
and efficacy, ultimately resulting in savings.
- DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS at Oil-Dri Corporation of America
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER at SNF Holding Co
- CORPORATE LOGISTICS MANAGER at SNF Holding Co
- EXPORT-IMPORT MANAGER at Paschall Export-Import Co. Inc
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish - Spanish
Managed the Supply Chain Division for an Aviation Division consisting of 4,000+ personnel; led a team of 100+ personnel responsible for integrating emerging concepts and required capabilities into organizational design for supply chain and logistics operations.
• Developed and implemented operational concepts and material requirements for the U.S. Army Logistics Branch ◦ Led to standardized operations in 11 locations and 23 support activity warehouses
• Analyzed and improved 4 branches logistics operations and 2 logistics programs within the Aviation Division ◦ Cut costs by divesting 1,200 pieces of out dated equipment
• Collaborated with subject matter experts, development teams, and organizational leaders across the Army to develop strategy to integrate prototype equipment into the Force ◦ Documented findings and submitted to Executive Leadership
• Provided expertise and guidance to managers, directors, and supervisors from 35 organizations ◦ Increased the Army's logistical capabilities by 20%
- Director of Logistics Operations at United States Army
21 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Transportation & Logistics
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
Communicated with university officials and security personnel about logistics of an event attended by 600 peo- ple. Conveyed information to rest of the HackRU organizing teams, including finance and marketing. Organized transportation and reimbursement logistics for students and managed inventory.
- Director of Logistics at HackRU
- Secretary at HackRU
- Programming Intern at Wakfern Food Corp
- Research Assistant at Rutgers Chemistry Department
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
Camp Taji, Iraq
• Responsible for the reorganization of the Directorate of Logistics providing effective management and guidance for the execution of logistics operations, vehicle maintenance, laundry, fuels, dining facility operations, waste management, incinerator site, base Iraqi vendors, property and materials management (includes: commercial US, USG furnished and Government of Iraqi furnished property and equipment) departments.
• Interfaced daily with Iraqi business elements and USG and US Military management to coordinate requirements and ensured that standards were met in accordance with the Project Work Statement (PWS).
• Communicated new requirements, concerns, and issues to the Program Manager (PM) while providing viable courses of actions for resolution and continuous improvement.
• Managed the performance of the operational assessment study, identified the location and prepared the construction plans, bill of materials, MHE equipment requirements, manpower and training requirements for the proposed Camp Taji Incinerator Site.
• Successfully planned and transitioned the class-1 substance (food) from a private corporate function to a USG DLA/SPV system utilizing the AFMIS administrative management system.
• Provided senior enterprise level perspective for all logistics functions to the MSG-I VPs.
• Planned all aspects of the logistics operations on the site in accordance with the scope of the contract, and maintains direct oversight of the relevant subcontracts with emphasis on the dining facility and the Class-1 food delivery subcontractor prior to DLA/SPV supplied food.
• Established and maintained project requirements for logistics operations to insure quality, and productivity objectives are met in all locations where project work is being performed.
• Established and maintained operationally consistent work processes, mission based production and performance metrics, and efficient and cost effective project management.
- Director of Logistics at SOS International LCC / MSG-I
- Site Construction Manager at Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc
- Senior Lecturer for the Project Management Institute at PM Consulting
- Integration & Plan Manager at North Caspian Operating Company (NCOC)
at this Job
Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services. Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle. Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, retailers and consumers. Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce. Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets. Comply with laws regarding DOT regulations. Coordinating with the client. Identify area of safety concerns and have them addressed. Coordinate daily and weekly meetings between department heads to satisfy client demand. Meet with new vendors to improve profit margin.
- Director of Logistics at Cigar Box Studios
- Business Development Lead at Coca Cola
- Market Development Manager/Small Store Account Manager/Large Store Account Manager at Coca Cola
- Distribution Supervisor at Coca Cola
6 months at this Job
Elk Grove Village, IL 2002 - 2019
Mid-sized manufacturer and marketer of industrial marking products and specialty chemicals sold primarily through wholesale distribution. Director of Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Customer Service, and Packaging
Recruited as part of a 7-member senior team brought in to reverse negative operating and financial trends and run the day-to-day business operations of a well-established, fourth generation family owned manufacturing company of 150 employees. Accomplishments:
• Achieved strong P & L results while responsible for $3.4M budget, proven record of reducing operating costs increasing profit margins thru carrier contract renegotiations, continual process improvement.
• Transformed the warehousing/distribution and customer service functions in a largely sales driven culture from a loose patchwork of supporting activities to professionally managed "value adding" departments while still maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit and framework of a family owned enterprise.
• Cut Logistics and Distribution costs 25% / $850K thru right-sizing existing North American distribution network, negotiating lower Carrier pricing and 3PL service fees while ensuring the continuation and enhancements of services.
• Slashed payroll/benefits administration after eliminating redundant headcount during economic downturn, saving $250K by restructuring roles/responsibilities and doing the "same with less".
• As senior member of Microsoft Dynamics AX WMS/MRP selection/implementation committee wrote departmental Standard Operating Procedures, developed aggressive (12 month) implementation timeline, established testing and training schedules and conducted weekly team progress meetings to successfully deliver project on-time and within budget.
• As member of Acquisitions Due Diligence Team (4 acquisitions in 9 years) executed the successful registration of Quality Management System: ISO 9001/2008 and ISO 9001/2015 to meet customer requirement for newly acquired "Tempil" Inks business.
• Established daily Tier 1 department meetings - discussing prior days performance/results, address new upcoming events, reinforce safety, as well as forum for associates to bring forward their ideas/observations.
• Strong Safety record, two OSHA recordables and zero LTA during tenure. Key Process Improvements included: ◦ Eliminating dependency on 3rd party outsourcing by establishing in-house Export C/S team and HAZMAT shipping programs for ICAO/IATA, IMDG, and 49 CFR. that substantially reduced costs and Order to Ship process times. ◦ Presented Daily Inventory Location Cycle Count Program, achieving location accuracy of 98% and physical on hand of 96+% which increased MRP production planning accuracy and eliminated costly annual/semi-annual physical inventories that use to require shutting down the entire plant for 4-5 days at a cost of $10-15K. ◦ Introduced Batch Order Fulfillment process that increased on-time order fulfillment from 70% to 95% on-time, with a 98% line-item fill rate. Department KPI's: * Customer Service Department: Same Day Order Entry/Confirmation - goal of 96%, EDI order resolution/follow-up - goal 48 hrs. This afforded "Demand" planners timely scheduling information. * Introduced CAR/ICAR and CAPA Program to capture both customer and internal non-conformances. Added cross-functional team to review issues weekly, advise follow-up/resolutions as well as identify trends. * Created "Daily Late Report"- identifying inventory or service shortfalls based on customer "confirmed ship dates. * Warehouse department: Same day receipt of Purchase Orders - goal 100%, this improved production planning's on-hand inventory visibility. * Introduced daily "Aisle Housekeeping Program", keeping areas safe, clean and organized. * Created daily "Forklift Operator Checklist" to identify equipment problems quicker for issues requiring maintenance dept. follow-up/resolution, keeping equipment in service.
- Director of Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Customer Service at LA-CO Industries, Inc
- District Sales Manager - Phoenix Program/Lowes Division at Newell/Rubbermaid
- National Service Manager at Organizational Products Division
- Customer Service Manager at Organizational Products Division
17 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
- Director of Logistics at Truckload Connections
- Team Lead at Unyson
- Senior Logistics Coordinator at Unyson
- Logistics Coordinator at Unyson
2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- High School Diploma