As Director of Manufacturing, led a diverse team of ~125 people that executed
production of deliverable hardware for the Infrared Products division. This team
comprised diverse individuals, including Leaders, Engineers, Test and Assembly
Operators. Primary communication conduit to our customers, both internal and external.
• Successfully led team executing shipments in excess of $70M per year at 15% ROS.
• Increased number of units shipped per year by over 95% in 4 years through lean implementation, process optimization and personnel development.
• Increased productivity by almost 45% in 4 years through skills optimization, cross- training and lean production initiatives.
• Managed multiple major facility upgrades which facilitated growth and incorporated lean production techniques.
• Maintained overhead at or below budgets of $6M per year.
• Planned and managed implementation of capital budget of $1M+ per year.
• Collaborated with multiple internal teams including Engineering, Quality, Planning, Finance, Contracts and Program Management ensuring the above results.
- Director of Manufacturing at Cincinnati Electronics
- at Cincinnati Electronics
- Program Manager at Cincinnati Electronics
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), Business Management
- Associates of Applied Science - (AS), Electrical Engineering Technology
Seymour, CT 2/2016 to Present
Privately held EMS Provider to Military, Medical, and high complexity industrial customer base.
Director of Manufacturing
Responsible for executing Revenue plan, all direct labor, engineering and test operations.
• Implemented new MES system (Aegis Factory Logix) for traceability and WIP tracking. Established metrics driven factory based on real time data from the MES system.
• Designed and established cross training program for improving the utilization of employees in the factory.
• Improved Line efficiencies from 60% to nearly 95% in less than 3 months.
- Director of Manufacturing at Microboard Processing Inc
- Director of Operations/ Directory of Procurement/ Director of Quality at Sealevel Systems Inc
- Engineering Program Manager for Penang Start-up at Accellent
- Co-Founder, CEO and President at Element Manufacturing LLC/Itronics LLC
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering
As Director of Manufacturing, I am responsible for all manufacturing activities. This includes managing responsibilities of all budgetary items, as wells as all operational and capital expenditures. The areas of the department, which are aligned under my direction include, inventory management, material movement, maintenance & facilities, tooling, manufacturing systems and equipment, production scheduling, quality assurance and logistics. Additional responsibilities included the development and implementation of a strategic vision, which aligns with the organization's goals for operational excellence. As the leader of the manufacturing group, I am also responsible for implementing industry "best practices", to meet targeted levels of output required to meet customer expectations. The final aspect of my operational scope, is to foster a culture focused on developing employees and improving processes, which deliver sustained performance, in an environment that fully engages employees and transforms them into a highly performing workforce. Selected Accomplishments
• Re-engineered work flow process from a "Push" system to a LEAN "Pull" systems.
• Removed 75% of the total processing time to produce Manifold products.
• Reduced workforce operating expense by reconfiguring staff, working schedules and monitoring overtime hours, to maximize productivity.
• Decreased annual operating budget, by diligently monitoring capital expenses and equipment acquisition.
• Standardization of operational and procurement practices throughout multiple functional areas within the organization.
• Actively partnered with Customers to tailor the value stream, to exceed customer requirements
• Implemented quarterly performance review process to ensure constant feedback to employees that focused on achieving departmental and company objectives.
- Director of Manufacturing at Hydra-Power Systems
- Director of Manufacturing Operations at Zepher Inc
- Operations Manager at Williams Controls
- Engineering Laboratory Supervisor at Williams Controls
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Organismal Biology
- Certification - Strategic Organizational Management
- - Electronics and Pneumatics Training
Retired) ✓ Covered Meadville position through November 2017 until replacement was hired. ✓ Supervise 6 Direct Reports with a site team of 220 staff members including a Plant Maintenance Manager, Corporate Controls Engineering Team, 2 Continuous Improvement Specialists, Quality Assurance/Food Safety Director, and Plant Operations Manager. ✓ Continuously lead improvement efforts and oversee the planning and implementation of APN's manufacturing capital budget. ✓ Lead manufacturing organization MFG Transformation focusing on teams' operational behaviors, skills and capabilities improvement. ✓ Currently in year one of transformation. MFG process & other transformational initiatives have Improved the plant's OEE from a baseline of 40% to current 53%↗️. ✓ Team improved yields in 2018 delivering $500k in savings vs 2017 total losses in the first 5 months. ✓ Member of APN Elite Bulldog Team (selective company leadership selected by Jeff W & APN ELT)
- DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING & TRANSFORMATION at AINSWORTH PET NUTRITION
- DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT at AINSWORTH PET NUTRITION
- PLANT MANAGER at AINSWORTH PET NUTRITION
- EXECUTIVE at
1 year, 4 months at this Job
Experienced Director Of Manufacturing with a demonstrated history of working in the machinery industry. Skilled in Manufacturing, Operations Management, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and Cross-functional Team Leadership. Strong quality assurance professional with current studies from University of Phoenix.
- Director of Manufacturing/Quality at Bailey Hydraulics
- Operations Manager at Standard Aero Alliance, Inc
- Operations Director at Standard Aero Alliance, Inc
- Jet Engine Propulsion Specialist at Lockheed Martin
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Business Management
- - Business Management leadership
- Powerplant license
- - United States Air Force
Job Details: Assisting company officers and senior staff members in the development of planning policies, programs, objectives etc. for the long and short term; Helping to identify and recommend changes for improved productivity as well as any reduction in costs; Developing the manufacturing plan and procedures to maintain quality control standards; Ensure products conform to established standards; Maintain employee levels and material costs; Implement and oversee Quality Management System; Oversees department managers as well as subordinate employees; Directing and monitoring department managers and subordinate employees to accomplish production plan; Hiring, training and evaluating staff; Directing and coordinating the training and safety of staff on the manufacturing floor; Performing miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required by the company. The last year of my time at Dexta was spent learning and working with Mastercam 19. I took over the responsibilities of the CNC Programmer to help the company cut costs. This was in addition to my regular duties as Director of Manufacturing.
- Director of Manufacturing at Dexta Corporation
- Quality Control Inspector at Dexta Corporation
- Assembler at Dexta Corporation
- Delivery Driver at Artisan Bakers
4 years at this Job
Manage operations in California, Seattle, San Francisco, and Salt Lake City, Utah, including staffing, budgeting, and operations management. Expertly handle six warehouses, along with the largest area of the company; generating $85M cases on an annual basis. Notable Accomplishments: * Earned promotion from plant manager to West Coast director of manufacturing in March 2018 for excellent performance and professionalism * Spearheaded modifications of infrastructure in support to 40% volume growth, including the establishment of two new production and four new variety pack lines * Drove key efforts toward the development of a 100,000 sq. ft. warehouse, along with two new leased buildings
- West Coast Director of Manufacturing at National Beverage
- Plant Manager at National Beverage Corporation
- Director at Warehousing, Transportation, and Office Coffee Services
- Plant Manager at Coca Cola
1 year, 2 months at this Job
· Currently leading IWS team to implement parent company’s system of manufacturing operations · Progressive advancement in manufacturing operations from Area Lead Manager to Area Director, with prior roles in Production and Quality Management departments · Partnered in two recent major projects: setting up a $221M equipment modernization effort, and staffing a new product line area producing 1.5-2 million components per week · Led team of managers purposed to transfer 300 hourly personnel from smaller plant, merging operations into Reynolds’ larger facility. Plan executed with flying colors, saving $102M per year. · Created a concentrated leadership class to develop first-level managers, with much success and resulting in two participants reporting to company CEO and executive staff · Have led as many as 11 direct reports, including Senior Area Managers over maintenance and production, an engineer and administrative coordinator, as well as approximately 600 indirect reports in production At Brown & Williamson, pre-merger with RJR: · Hired to run high-speed equipment at large manufacturing company · Held operator and mechanic positions while attending college for undergraduate degree · Promoted to Maintenance Supervisor in production area, then Area Manager over part of the plant’s batch processing area prior to merger with Reynolds American Incorporated and move to plant in King, NC · Completed MBA during period prior to merger
- Area Director of Manufacturing at R.J. Reynolds Tobacco
- Inspector at Boeing GA Inc.
- Aircraft Mechanic at Northrop Worldwide Aircraft Division
- Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Specialist at USAF
31 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - MBA
- Bachelor's - Business Management
-receives in-process orders, and writes all CAD programming for CNC Mill Department. -Oversees supervisors of CNC Mill and CNC Lathe Departments -Schedules jobs and assigns machines after programming is complete -Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards. -Works with Materials Coordinator and purchasing to optimize cost efficiency -Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. -Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy -Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards. -Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety cost reduction, worker involvement, etc.). -Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required. (i.e running CNC Mill, operating grinder, programming and operating Wire EDM) This company was bought from an existing company. I came over from previous company and started here as a CNC Programmer. I moved up to Director of Manufacturing in 8 months and have remained in the position.
- Director of Manufacturing at Dynamic Manufacturing Solutions
- CNC Programmer/CNC Machinist at Dynamic Design Solutions
- OTR Truck Driver at Prime Inc
- Owner at Rosie's Place
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Accounting
• Lead a team of six employees and direct all manufacturing and inventory operations.
• Controlled production of 913 sales orders that generated 8 million of revenue in 2018.
• Implement lean manufacturing strategies - standardized work, root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
• Conduct a clean and organized work environment on the production floor and inventory room through the 5s framework.
• Drive prototyping in conjunction with engineering; facilitate product testing; improve documentation.
• Compose company-wide standard operating procedures and safety policies with the quality team.
• Played a leading role in implementing a new ERP and CRM software and educating employees in 2017.
• Meet regularly with the CEO and the sales team to forecast demand and assist strategic planning.
• Work closely with the customer support team to help devise solutions and improve response rate.
• Direct the hiring and training of new production personnel.
- Director of Manufacturing at Innerspec Technologies, Inc
- Project Manager at Innerspec Technologies, Inc
- Electrical Engineer at Innerspec Technologies, Inc
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering