Director of Product Development, leading a 9 person product development team. We work on commercial, government and internal projects. Our team implements agile processes, specifically SCRUM. We specialize in Angular, MEAN Stack, Serverless and all things AWS.
- Director of Product Development at UNCOMN
- Freelance Web Developer at
- Senior Technician at UNCOMN
- Director of Special Projects & Marketing at Diederich Group
4 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
Dedicated work ethic, innate drive to exceed expectations, and commitment to excellence in quality and standards of performance have directly contributed to consistent record of success across all areas of responsibility.
Princess House, Taunton, MA 2006-Present
• Director of Product Development, Marketing - Housewares, Tabletop, Home Décor, and Nutritionals (4-7 direct reports)
- Director of Product Development, Marketing at Princess House
- Director of Product Development at PartyLite
- at PartyLite
- Senior Product Manager at PartyLite
13 years at this Job
- B.S. in Business Administration - Marketing
As the Director of Product Development, Design and Marketing I am responsible for all products, packaging, digital and print marketing for all sales platforms at AngelStar. -Work directly on developing new product concepts that would work with AngelStar's unique company brand. All designs are created within a 6-month cycle, we all new releases debuting in January or July catalogs. -Lead and manage all designs from raw ideas to completed products, through physical drawing and digital translation. -Working directly with factories to take the concepts to physical state and into production. -Oversee all packaging concepts, advertisements and designs, working with my team to create unique looks for each product and collection. -Continuously develop and carry through social media campaigns, email and physical mailings promoting new products and specials. -Manage a team of up to 5 designers working on AngelStar's yearly catalog and summer supplement, with keen attention to on-trend details and staying true to the brand's integrity. -Work directly with large accounts to create custom products for their seasonal themes and roll outs. -Oversee and have an active role in the revisions to AngelStar’s wholesale website, building a new retail department and implementing an updated, user-friendly interface.
- Director of Product Development at AngelStar Inspired Products, LLC
- Owner at Proton Pins
- Product Development Manager at AngelStar Inspired Products, LLC
- Product Development Specialist at AngelStar Inspired Products, LLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- High school
As R&D director leads global product development team for Safety 1st Infant Health (medical devices), Home (play-yard), Home Safety (lock & latch/gate) product categories. Work with marketing partners to protect our core business by improving product quality and brought new innovation with consumer centric focus. Sourced Asian manufacturers and developed new products to expand our product offer to key retailers in the market. Established new technical team to successfully launch our Dorel's first WIFI Connected Baby Monitor to the market.
• Managed global cross-function team, including Mechanical Engineers, Project Engineers, Technical team, Industrial Designers, Program Manager and Asia sourcing office to deliver New Product to the market.
• Develop and maintain Engineering Specification and Quality Requirement in close cooperation with Quality/Compliance Team to ensure Product Safety and Quality
• Monitor online feedback and call center complain and lead CAPA activities to address current product quality concerns
• Participate in ASTM task force committee to develop new "Lock & Latch" industry standard and test requirement
• Successfully fulfill retailer demand by working with global sales, procurement, supply chain and manufacturers.
• Manage Portfolio of projects to assure delivery of critical metrics: On-Time and under Budget
• Established and maintain department's Operation and Capital Budget.
• Build global team's (US and Asia) competencies and capabilities, including establishment of efficient working relationship, processes, training and defining Roles & Responsibilities.
- Director of Product Development at Dorel Juvenile
- Program Manager at Keurig Green Mountain
- Director of Engineering at Euro-Pro Operation LLC
- Engineering Program Manager at Kaz Inc
2 years at this Job
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineer - Mechanical Engineer
Minneapolis, MN 2009 - Present Capella Education Company is a for-profit online education provider with revenues of approximately $430M and 2,900 employees. SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT Recruited by a former VP of Online Products and User Experience to reprise and expand an earlier leadership role as Manager of Online Products. Lead the ideation, innovation, design and implementation of new software products leveraging market-driven research and agile methodologies. Manage existing portfolio of over 2,000 products and continuously increase value through vertical product line extensions. Serve as the driving force behind the establishment of an agile product management methodology enabling robust, nimble development and exceptional quality in products sought by clients in need of an effective turnkey educational product. Develop and maintain three to five-year technology roadmaps. Plan and direct the efforts of a department with 100 FTE and 50 contract staff (on and offshore) providing software development and ongoing support of Java and SaaS technologies. Responsibly manage a $20M annual budget. § Driving Change: Spearheaded a major learning management platform overhaul for the university (the primary product the student and faculty experience) and initiated development and launch of a custom corporate learning SaaS business. § Fueling Growth through Strategic Planning: Played a key role in facilitating >33% revenue growth over an eight- year period ($334M to $430M) at Capella University. Planned and directed Learning Management Systems (LMS) strategy sessions, as well as competitive intelligence gathering driving development of the organization's Annual Operating Plan. Partnered with IT and business leaders to conduct multiyear strategic product planning. Developed product roadmaps, product capability roadmaps, and a product release management strategy. § Advancing Innovation: Led product strategy development for FlexPath, a pioneer in self-paced degree program and a catalyst for new business development offering more than 2,000 courses. Started a new business line of B2B corporate training. Created custom learning SaaS venture that increased employee productivity and lowered training costs for client companies, including Carlson School of Management, UC Berkeley, American Nurses Association, Medtronic and XRS, while generating >$6M in initial sales. § Expanding Product Offerings and Launching a New Business: Started RightSkill, a completely new business entity that delivered a robust entry-level candidate pipeline to corporate customers and provided a net new revenue stream of $1M outside of the core business in its first year of operation. Developed product strategy, created a new technical platform and built a content team for Capella Learning Solutions' first product, InsightPath, providing a framework for turning data into actionable insights. Conducted competitive intelligence, collected market feedback through alpha, beta releases, and created a product roadmap for multiple market launches.
- SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT at Capella Education Company
- PRODUCT MANAGER at Holmes Corporation
- MANAGER OF ONLINE PRODUCTS at Capella Education Company
10 years at this Job
- MS - Online Instructional Design
- BA - Graphic Design
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Strategies and Management
- Server Certification
Designers and Developers of juvenile, automotive and other Operations Licensing Financials accessories worldwide Research, introduce and develop new licensing or collaboration Consumer Products Sourcing partnerships to help extend our market reach Design and develop proprietary/unique/licensed products with Motivator Team Player Visionary style and function for many different accounts Inspirational leader driving new design and innovative Strategic Innovative Fashion development with product developers and designers Strong analytical skills which improve cost structures, timelines, Business Development Merchandising product quality and overall performance Strong knowledge of design/apparel/manufacturing/sourcing for Sales Design Packaging many different types of soft-goods/hard-goods
- Director of Product Development at Ennovate Products/CritWalls Inc
- Director of Product Development at BELL Products, Inc
- Sr. Product Manager at Infantino, LLC
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Leading the full cycle of product development for The World's First Investment Foundation Platform Powered by Philanthropy & the Ethereum Blockchain.
- DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT at theBIG.io
- FREELANCE BUSINESS-TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT at
- VICE PRESIDENT at North Jersey Media Group
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR at PixelSystem, LLC.
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Information Systems
Grew Product Development Team by over 300%
● Architected a continuous integration strategy using Phabricator, TeamCity and Git for salesforce.com and LAMP development
● Successfully managed R&D budget
● Member of Evariant's Operational Management Team
● Implemented a repeatable, scalable release process
● Managed the adoption of Hadoop for big data processing, includes hiring staff, hardware procurement, development plan, and technology architecture
● Solely responsible for opening Evariant's first data center
- Director of Product Development at EVARIANT
- Manager / Application Engineer at FACEBOOK INC
- Director of IT at ONPHARMA
- Enterprise cloud computing leader at SALESFORCE.COM
5 years at this Job
Execute product development activities from initial design concept to TOP approval, and drive issue resolution Drive the business by component/product development to the desired price point, best LT and product quality as well as order placement to the right market / origin; Negotiate factory capacities and costing Consistent assessment and communication of impact of changed of cost, delivery, and product integrity Oversee & Sign off on all BOM maintenance after line opening and ensure consistency between product and all raw materials in T/P Analyze and manage all fabric platforming and monthly core item and actions and projected vs. actual buys Report and analyze seasonal metrics relating to development counts, adoption rates, and product category breakdown Lead line review meetings prior to each seasonal line opening; Attend weekly cross functional meetings and lead the team to conclusion Troubleshoot any and all emergencies that may interrupt the production flow, garment cost or garment delivery Travel overseas to existing/new factories to address production issues, develop, sample, source, and attend international trade shows
- Director of Product Development at Ralph Lauren
- Director of Production at Marissa Webb
- SR Production / Product Development Manager, nanette lepore Play Activewear & Athleisure at Rousso Apparel Group LLC
- Merchandiser & Production Manager at Nygård International
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor Degree in International Business - International Business
Lead and act as an active member of the Product Development team throughout the duration of company projects from introduction to completion. Manage and implement the phases of the design process in order to provide project deliverables that will be sent out among company vendors, project management, sales executives and clients.
- Director of Product Development at Benchmarc Display
- Creative Developer at Benchmarc Display
- Industrial Design Intern at Wahl Clipper Corporation
- Design Intern at Darwin Branded Environments
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Industrial Design