Director of Product Development.
• Responsible for all aspects of Product Line Management and team leadership, including product vision, product positioning strategy, planning, and execution including but not limited to market and product opportunities, analysis, product road map and release, market requirements, functional requirements validation, go-to-market information and artifacts, and sales support.
• Lead the team to proactively meet with Partners and Prospects to assess needs, identify opportunities and build relationships for dynamic product enhancement dialogue.
• Develops and directs a high performance product line management team that optimizes the offerings in their emphasis area which contributes to the overall product and services portfolio. This includes supervision, team and individual performance development and mentoring to ensure effective execution for individual and team responsibilities.
• Identifies and builds cross-functional team collaboration experiences on a real-time and strategic basis.
• Coordinates planning with other Product Line Managers to ensure comprehensive market readiness from a segment perspective given market trending, compliance concerns and political drivers.
• Evangelize and socialize product or services strategy, vision and value proposition with internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage products throughout the product life-cycle from solution innovation, definition, release and end-of-life planning.
• Assess technology trends, and current and emerging competitors in order to inform product direction; utilize and gather market and industry research and analysis to inform a long-range product roadmap.
• Perform market needs analysis specific to target market segments to better understand the problems and needs of potential and existing customers.
• Participate in Product Management plan reviews to help develop best practices.
• Identify opportunities to optimize product line profitability through value-based pricing, production efficiency recommendations, and competitive and market intelligence to improve partner retention rates and partner satisfaction.
• Completes additional projects and responsibilities, as appropriate.
• Travel when required.
- Director of Product Development at Solutions Inc.
- Business Systems Application Developer at CDMS Inc.
18 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Computer Science
- BS incomplete (Drafted - Vietnam) - Computer Science
Created Director of Product Development role 18 months after starting at MJ Soffe when department grew to one Vice President with 19 direct reports. Key Achievements: * Salvaged and won contract bid for United States Navy optional physical training uniform program estimated to sell $825,750 worth of uniforms to US Navy in first eight months of production. * Lead re-energization of existing, outdated MJ Soffe Vendor Manual from a 204 page document into a relevant, user friendly 32 page document with 19 supplemental appendices devised for simple communication of standard operating expectations between MJ Soffe and contact vendors. * Adapted existing Product Life Management calendar to define clear, actionable events between seven cross functional departments to ensure timely development and delivery of production goods. * Reduced departmental budget by $165,000 in salaries between 2017 and 2018 by improving process efficiencies and integrated revised practices to redistribute workload to essential current staff.
- Director of Product Development at MJ Soffe LLC
- Technical Designer at MJ Soffe LLC
- Lead Technical Designer at Mud Pie LLC, Greater
- Associate Technical Designer at Mud Pie LLC, Greater
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Innovation Management
- Bachelor of Science - Arts Administration
• Direct and manage B2C and B2B e-commerce products that process over $700M annually, generating approximately $15M in revenue.
• Responsible for $2.5M annual budget. Reduced yearly departmental spending by 38% through the elimination of redundant capabilities, vendor management, streamlining development cost, and utilizing internal resources.
• Lead a cross functional team of 32 indirect and 6 direct reports including product managers, business analysts, UI/UX designers, system engineers, database administrators, and quality assurance analysts.
• Created and maintain a product development roadmap to identify key checkpoints and targets, integrating all other adjacent departments, to maintain timing of product launches.
• Worked with the marketing and sales team to develop new marketing campaigns and training programs to educate the sales team and end-user designers/clients about unique concepts.
• Improved product planning process for the organization - including requirements management practices, product planning, prioritization, and implementation of agile processes.
- Director of Product Development at SPARGO, Inc
- Product Manager at Grant Thornton, LLP
- at Grant Thornton, LLP
- at Sports Health
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Uncanny Brands is a pop-culture consumer products company with three divisions: Uncanny Brands Appliances, Bleacher Creature Plush and Phenom Gallery Art Prints.
• Direct the development of all products from concept to shelf.
• Manage team of designers responsible for all product design, marketing and packaging.
• Handle all sport and entertainment licensor approvals for 300+ products.
• Work with international and domestic vendors to bring new products to market.
• Develop and, on occasion, design social media assets and marketing.
• Maintain product tracking system for production and licensing.
• Work with customers to develop product and packaging.
• Use Photoshop and Illustrator as needed to create packaging and develop new product concepts.
• Source new overseas vendors
- Director of Product Development at Uncanny Brands
- SENIOR BRAND MANAGER at The Wish Factory, Inc
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, TOOKAY CANDY at International Biscuits & Confections, Inc
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, KOKO’S CONFECTIONERY at A&A Global Industries
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Journalism, Advertising
• Product Management: Led the Knowledge Analyzer product development from the ideation to launch, released monthly since 2012; Drove the product strategic planning, primary user research, problem hypothesis validation, solution prototyping, requirement design and analysis, and software development execution. Led the user experience design and product feature analysis for all 3 product lines, applied Design Thinking approach in both web and mobile development. Defined the product roadmap, analytics and key performance indicators. Accountable for product platforms that generated more than 50MM revenue annually.
• Product Innovation: Applied the lean product innovation process. Managed the problem validation and the experiments using prototypes for new products. Designed the user experience for end-to-end customer journeys. Drove the business model development and the cost estimation of the P&L for new products. Reduced the product innovation process cycle time from annually to quarterly.
• Data Analytics: Built the internal product usage analytics from the scratch. Led the data collection, transformation and descriptive model design. Performed data analysis using clustering, multiple linear regression, logit regression, and time-series, utilized R, Excel, and Tableau. Generated monthly user insights and supported decision making.
• People Leadership: Managed and coached the product engineering team of 8 direct reports. Directed and trained product managers/owners, UX designers, project managers, QA, and business analysts.
• Software Development Management: Oversaw all project streams including more than 40 team members. Directed product development teams to deliver product features throughout the whole product lifecycle. Oversaw 3 offshore teams from China and India. Managed vendors, partners, and contractors. Managed data science team to implement machine learning and text analytics solutions.
• Agile Process Optimization: Implemented Agile XP and Scrum process, continuous improvements, requirement analysis best practices, and agile process metrics. Successfully transformed the company’s software development process into an agile continuous delivery process within 18 months, accelerated product release cycles from annually to bi-weekly.
- Director of Product Development at ZYNX HEALTH INC
- Senior Consultant, Agile product and project delivery at THOUGHTWORKS INC
- Manager, Software development at Automic Co., Ltd
- Project Manager of Enterprise Software Department, Scrum Master at Zarva
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Strategy and Technology Management
- Master of Science - Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
Developed industry leading, trend setting product designs and product categories, with the use of Fusion360,
SolidWorks, and AutoCAD software.
• Primary Technical Sales contact for over 2,500 customers. Maintain a list of ~55,000 qualified sales leads.
• Offered design input on multiple proprietary and patented full suspension mountain bike designs.
• Created multiple World Record, National Title and "Product of the Year Award" winning product designs.
• Researched and established Asian suppliers and managed all aspects of the supply chain.
• Participated in development of the dealer direct/consumer direct business model.
• Developed and promoted wheel concepts adopted by the entire bicycle industry, sparking a decade-long period of innovation among nearly all bicycle manufacturers.
• Patented mountain bike handlebar concept, inspiring a new era of MTB frame design.
• Daily international communications with customers and suppliers.
- Director of Product Development at PACENTI CYCLE DESIGN
- Owner, Product Designer at BIKELUGS.COM
- Production Manager at LYNSKEY PERFORMANCE
- Custom Frame Designer at AMERICAN BICYCLE GROUP
12 years, 4 months at this Job
· Partner with cross-functional teams to position the brand for success by directing the creation of an assortment that is on trend, innovative and commercially viable. · Ensure that the product concept from formulation, packaging and story meet expectations. Oversee the daily internal and external marketing, creative and product development activities for brands. · Manage and lead the Product Development team in critical thinking disciplines for ongoing generation of new product ideas. · Support the development of products and product sub-categories to achieve elevated sales revenue and meet brand gross margin targets. · Analyze market and industry trends to determine opportunities and expansion areas in the development and commercialization of product across select categories. · Interface with vendors and contract manufacturers to ensure all aspects of the development process are met, including cost targets and timing. · Lead/execute the strategic planning and creative development of event initiatives, providing guidance to the team that manage all event needs from branding, agenda design, content creation, and venue selection to event execution.
- Director of Product Development at The Gems Group
- Brand & Product Development Operations, Assistant Manager (Fragrance and Gifting) at Limited Brands, Inc
- Brand Development, Assistant Manager at Prestige Fragrance and Bodycare
- Brand Development, Coordinator - All Categories at
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
• Responsible for the entire software development life cycle of a company core product which accounted for half of the company's revenue
• Led two teams consisting of 12 engineers across US and European time zones to implement new features and maintenance updates
• Established a new software development life cycle for switching to a monthly release from a quarterly release
• Planned and delivered on schedule monthly releases for an entire 12 month period
• Oversaw the design and development of a new security feature to mitigate a new attack vector
• Spearheaded development and adoption of a new test infrastructure that reduces QA work effort by 60%
• Decreased customer escalations to one or less per month from an average of four per month to achieve a 92% customer retention rate
• Improved build reliability and scalability by planning and directing the migration of the build system over to continuous integration with Jenkins and AWS
• Performed duties relating to Engineering Department processes and policies in the absence of a Vice President of Engineering
- Director of Product Development at Arxan Technologies
- Technical Lead at
- Software Development Engineer at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science
Direct Product Management team to manage $100M portfolio, product and technical roadmaps across all categories, new product development, and sales and operations enablement. Coordinate with internal/external resources for development and manufacturing. 41 unique products in 1 ½ years. Instituted phase-gate process, product roadmaps, and pricing process controls. Provide focused retail and distributor customer interface as well as supporting trade shows and brand expansion efforts.
- Director of Product Development at Cleva North America
- Director of Engineering Services - Consumer Lifestyle at Jabil Circuit
- Senior Product Development Manager at Motorola Mobility (A Google Company)
- Director of Product Line Management at Motorola Mobility
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
Designer of Consumer Products Analyzed Product pricing for mass distribution Conduct trend & style analysis to address growing need for domestic and international sales. Monitored and managed production timelines for on schedule distribution to accounts/retail stores & national catalogs Maximized profitability through material sourcing & product pricing Responsible for Managing Merchandising and sales team Work closely with all vendors to ensure that monthly production capacity Managed and analysis quarterly sales by territory Coordinate and lead quarterly sales meetings Structured Sales & Merchandising team
- Director of Product Development & Procurement at Viva Bags of California
- National Director of Operations at Sage Creek Organics Infant & Children's Apparel Company
- Vice President of Purchasing Apparel & Accessories at R&H OLIVER CORPORATION DBA AMES LADIESWEAR Mutli Store Women's Chain
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business