June 2007 to Current
Privately owned company with 3 Hotels, 2,000 New York City Residential Units, 300K sq. Ft. Class "A" Office Building
Director of Purchasing
• Responsible for purchasing over $27 million annually.
• Locate multiple vendors for food, beverage, large and small equipment's, general supplies, maintenance supplies, uniform, rentals and items as needed.
• Negotiate contracts and formulate purchase orders with suppliers.
• Perform analysis to identify new sourcing and other cost optimization opportunities to generate cost savings.
• Compliance with budget, create cost report to track expense.
• Manage inventory and par level of beverage, food and nonfood items.
• Led purchasing team's contribution to improving inventory turn rate 37%
• Achieved 30% supplier on-time delivery improvement from 55% to 85%.
• Review invoices resolve billing and statement discrepancies for the purpose of ensuring accurate accounting.
• Maintain a working relation with vendors.
• Oversaw procurement activities for Energy Management, Lighting, Copier, Waste Management.
• Maintain brand standard programs.
- Director of Purchasing at The Jack Parker Corporation
- Purchasing Manager at LE PARKER MERIDIAN
- Room Service Manager at Le Parker Meridien
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting And Economics
Over 20 years' experience in purchasing with a focus on business development, client engagement, price negotiations and inventory management to minimize costs. Managed a purchasing and procurement team and RFPs for different projects, raw ingredients, packaging materials, transportation and contract packers. Sought out innovative products and audited suppliers.
Director of Purchasing, Cumberland Packing Corp. Brooklyn, NY, Nov. 2005 - Jan. 2016
• Managed and mentored a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
• Maintained measurable metrics for supplier performance.
• Negotiated and executed purchase orders and vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
• Responsible for leading and manage new product and contract packers projects.
• Managed material flow ensuring inventory was maintained at the optimum level to support customer needs.
• Team member of the sustainability initiatives program focusing on product integrity, responsible sourcing and packaging innovation.
• Member of the product development commodity strategies team to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of the supply chain management.
• Attended the Private Label Manufacturing Association and Pack Expo trade shows seeking recently innovated products and packaging machines.
• Managed all activities around developing relationships with suppliers and contract packers.
• Provided product support to a new program team as required to meet target cost and established program cost models.
- Director of Purchasing at Cumberland Packing Corp
- Purchasing Manager at Cumberland Packing Corp
- Inventory Control & Purchasing Agent at Cumberland Packing Corp
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING Led Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving and Storeroom teams. Purchased for all resort departments including Accounting/Administrative, Rooms/Operations, Sales & Marketing, HR, Engineering, Security, Spa, and Food & Beverage/Culinary to include the Ventana Room our 5 Diamond restaurant. Managed requisition to purchase order processes, researched and analyzed products and services, requested bids, negotiated contracts, communicated recommendations to necessary parties and maintained cost effective and timely delivery of products. Teamed with accounting department to resolve any billing errors and ensure timely and accurate payments. Created and implemented new policies and procedures for all functions of receiving, shipping and storerooms. Collaborated with inventory team managers to ensure proper receipt of products, rotation, maintenance of inventory levels, and cost control while maintaining all health and safety guidelines. Diagnosed and resolved any significant inventory and service level discrepancies. Selected projects include: National Contract Management: Liaison with corporate purchasing and local property management to convey details of each national contract and preferred vendor agreement. Instructed all necessary parties of compliance guidelines, contractual benefits, requirements and exceptions. Managed all procurement and services related to contracts. Reported to corporate director of purchasing any concerns, issues or deviations with contract, product, service or supplier. Key Vendors: Cintas, Ecolab, W.W. Grainger, Sobel Westex, Fortessa, Waxie Sanitary Supply, Fed Ex, Sysco Food Service of AZ, Starbucks Coffee Co., Coca Cola USA, Henry Wine Group (partial list) Project Management and Education: Directed team to implement new corporate mandated coffee program. Communicated marketing strategy and program standards, set meeting schedule, facilitated team discussions and led planning to formulate action plan to meet compliance deadlines. Organized, scheduled and managed equipment installation. Coordinated instructor-led training sessions of managers and line staff. Reported progress throughout project to the corporate task force. Program Design and Training: Designed, developed and implemented beverage service and maintenance program to educate outlet managers and their staff to maintain proper cleanliness, use of equipment, product handling, rotation and inventory control. Created spot check performance evaluation program and trained 9 managers and 45+ server/bartenders. The results were dramatically improved quality, service, and staff moral as they earned a 100% score on the first shop of the new mandated coffee program. Branding and Training: Identified incomplete and inaccurate information provided by the corporate office as part of a new branding program. Restructured and composed 3 individual “Green Graphic” guideline documents better defining the standard to ensure compliance by all hotels. Trained all purchasing management teams to secure the comprehension of all materials Program Development: Designed and coordinated electronic approval process for web based on-line office supply ordering. Streamlined requisition to purchase order process and provided a best practices model across the organization. Donations: Solicited and secured donations for employee and non-profit charitable events saving the company thousands annually. Corporate Program Management: Strengthened vendor base as part of an NAACP initiative by locating, assisting to qualify and contracting key minority vendors. Increased property spend from minority businesses by 96% the first year far exceeding our top goal with continued growth for the duration of the program. This provided the corporate team the edge they needed to exceed their goal. Corporate Project Management: Assigned to research, organize, and obtain the necessary products to develop the Corporate H1N1 standards for all Loews Hotels to ensure the health and safety of our employees. Secured best available pricing by maximizing buying power of hotel chain and coordinating delivery and billing directly to each hotel. Completed “Product Specification Sheet” for each item to simplify the re-order process to maintain proper standards and inventory at each property. Collaborated with Corporate Vice President of Operations to determine quantity and pars of each item for all 19 properties. Corporate Program Development: Collaborated with a colleague from Loews Miami and the Cintas Uniform team of professionals to develop a new uniform standards program and product catalog. We replaced discontinued items and upgraded all options to include the newest designs, using the most innovative fabrics, while meeting each hotel and resorts unique operational and environmental needs. Strategic Alliances: Served as interim Director of Purchasing for “The House of Blues” in Chicago while maintaining current Arizona property. Assessed status of current projects and collaborated with executive management providing constructive feedback. Created and implemented new strategies, strengthened partnerships with management, hotel staff and vendors. Out performed previous manager’s performance and quickly provided a best practices model for a new director. Regional Task Force: Served as a member of the Corporate Beverage Mandate task force. Negotiated and secured western regional wine and spirit pricing by negotiating with local distributors in each of 4 US states serving 5 Loews hotels and resorts. Regional negotiations helped strengthen national partnerships and contributed to obtaining the lowest possible contract prices for the entire chain. Focus Group: Served as 1 of only 22 members of the Entegra/Sodexo focus group nominated from their thousands of clients across the United States. Chosen as a person of known integrity, incredible dedication, and an extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry to define and elevate the quality of their represented product lines to meet luxury hotel standards. Specialty Conference and Trade Shows – Invitation Only (selected shows include): US Foodservice - Las Vegas, NV, 4 days W.W. Grainger – MRO – Miami, FL, 3 days
- Director of Purchasing at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- Marketing Coordinator at Pronto Printing
- Inside Sales at Shamrock Foods Co
21 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Interior Design/Architectural Drafting
Director of Purchasing Leisure Hotel Corp. / Leisure Construction and Renovation Developed and maintained a centralized purchasing system and par levels for up to 30 hotels, negotiating pricing and coordinating delivery of goods. Worked with ownership in the development of yearly capital budget projects. Assisted in the design, product selection and procurement of all Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment for dozens of property renovations as well as 12 new hotel constructions. Developed and maintained ongoing material budgets for construction projects using Excel spreadsheets. Regional Manager LEISURE HOTEL CORPORATION Led and supported property managers and staff in the daily operations of eight hotels in a three-state region. Responsibilities included monitoring facility budgets, standards and compliance as well as franchise conversions and renovations. General Manager LEISURE HOTEL CORPORATION Daily operation of a 64-unit hotel in Dodge City, KS.
- Director of Purchasing at Leisure Construction and Renovation, LLC
28 years, 8 months at this Job
- High school - General Studies
Director of purchasing for a startup long term care pharmacy. Setup computer system and defined user access. Stocked pharmacy from ground up. Maintained non fluctuating inventory the past 4 months with substantial growth. Consistently turned inventory and average of 17 times per month with rapid growth. Managed prepack department to increase order filling efficiency. Average 35% profit margin. Switched delivery system to boxes in place of returnable totes for significant cost saving and efficiency. Negotiated several new contracts with varying businesses for major cost savings. Work negative third party, negative margin on a regular basis to find lower cost pharmaceuticals.
- Director of Purchasing at MACRX LLC
- Director of Purchasing at Pharmacy Alternatives/Rescare Inc
- Operations Manager Evening Shift/Purchasing Manager at Rxperts
- Director of Purchasing at Heartland Healthcare
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
Columbus, OH 08/13 - Present [Automotive, Medical & Industrial injection molding, coating, chrome plating, assembly and packaging technologies] Director of Purchasing Strategic direction and leadership for the overall company purchasing function * Corporate Purchasing Leadership across 2 Divisions & 14 Sites; $650M * Development and implementation of purchasing policy, strategy and procedures in support of corporate, and multi-site operations. * Negotiation for all direct materials-$350M, customer owned tooling-$15M, logistics-$5M, CAPEX-$4M. * Design and implement Low Cost Country direct sourcing strategies-$3M improvement. * Manage vendor consolidation & new supplier selection; 700+ companies. * Coordinate supplier development and monitoring. * Negotiate optimal component and raw material pricing for all future programs including future economics. * Annual cost reduction coordination $3.4M savings. * Manage all activities that develop and mature supplier relations. * Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities. ◦ Supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial performance, and material shortage elimination. * Lead, develop and direct the purchasing / buying staff. * Performance improvement and recovery plans developed, issued, tracked and reported for supply base management and improvement. * Commodity support to New Program Teams, meeting target costs and establishing program cost models. * Direct resolution of supply chain disruptions and production schedule non-attainment by suppliers.
- Director of Purchasing at EG-Industries
- Strategic Sourcing Lead at United Technologies
- North American sales at Honda of America
- Procurement Manager, North American Cost Planning at Honda of America
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Managed the daily operations of the Purchasing Department while contributing to daily work production
• Set up and rolled out an Electronic Purchase Requisition module to existing Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains platform
• Maintained and expanded vendor portfolio to include more Minority Women owned Business Enterprise companies
• Prepared requests for bid or quote to meet program needs, project work and capital purchases while reducing costs
• Worked with the Administrator of Safety and Risk Management helping to insure OSHA and chemical inventory compliance
- Director of Purchasing at The Arc of Ulster-Greene
- Supervisor Inventory Control at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Senior Buyer at MedAssets formerly Broadlane for Continuum Health Partners
- Inventory Clerk at Scenic Technologies
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Responsible for all purchasing of all raw materials, production packaging and office supplies/services. This includes inventory flow, min/max stock levels, valuation, cycle counts and inventory discrepancy resolutions. Drive reduction in inventory levels and appropriate inventory turns. Conduct price negotiations with suppliers for major raw materials such as fruit, fruit juice concentrates, purees, sweeteners, packaging materials and services. Negotiate both short and long term supply agreements. Solicit and evaluate price quotations for materials and supplies and perform cost and value analysis, including cost accounting. Handle all vendor management files and manage the companies supply base. Qualify new vendors and materials through the company approval process. Work closely with QC Director on remaining FDA Compliant. Keep abreast of all required documentation from suppliers that include but are not limited to 3rd Party Audits (SQF), HACCP Plans, GMO Statements, Kosher Certificates, Organic Certificates, etc. Assist R&D, marketing and production in new product and label development. Establish clear communication channels with all internal customers within the company, especially Production, QC, R&D, Marketing/Sales, Customer Service and Accounts Payable. Maintain all pertinent files relating to purchase contracts, purchase orders and other support data. Work with Freight Forwarder on imported items from tracking to setting up freight pick up at docks.
- Director of Purchasing at Allied Old English, Inc
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
• Manage and supervise all food and beverage purchasing associates, including mailroom team to sustain daily operation for F&B outlets and group needs
• Track and report all daily financials for food and beverage department using Avero slingshot & EAS systems to maintain an average food cost of 15% and beverage cost of 13.5%
• Report all monthly cost for all hotel departments to Director of Finance to conclude monthly PNL for F&B; cost all food items monthly for direct expensing for accurate cost for restaurant and market
• Code and allocate purchases to the correct GL, including all expense reports
• Enter payroll schedules in accordance to union seniority; adjust overtime hours to meet the needs of the business
• Negotiate new and existing contracts with vendors in compliance to Avendra program
• Communicate any changes in the forecasted budget to Director of Finance
• Research accounts payables and receivables to ensure prompt payment to suppliers
• Track all food and beverage requisitions daily and monthly inventories
• Monitor electronic payable accounts
• Coordinate with event planners all incoming and outgoing group and exhibit material
• Meet with department heads weekly to report hotels performance and SOP's
- Director of Purchasing at Grand Hyatt
- Executive Steward/Food & Beverage Manager of Logistics at Grand Hyatt
- General Manager at Magnolia Bakery
- Assistant Operations Manager/Accounts Payable Manager/Purchaser/Executive Steward/Restaurant Manager at Patina Restaurant Group
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. - Service Management
• Manage a staff of 22, comprised of Supervisors, Buyers, Commodity Specialists and Clerks to source and negotiate purchases for all commodities and professional services, capital, grant and expense items and related maintenance totaling $100 million for all Nassau County agencies.
• Ensure compliance to County Charter as well as all federal, state and local municipal laws. Disseminate and enforce all purchasing policies and procedures throughout the county.
• Authored internal and external procurement procedures and a Procurement Handbook.
• Provided support and guidance on procurement issues to elected officials, department heads and senior staff.
• Performed department head duties in the absence of the Director.
• Performed employee evaluations. Assisted in the preparation of the department budget.
• Reviewed and approved requests and subsequent awards for various goods and services including spot buys and blanket contracts.
• Assisted in the development of Just in Time purchasing methods and on-line vendor registration.
• Implemented a cooperative purchasing initiative to leverage aggregate volumes of neighboring towns and villages through internet bidding.
• Instituted a buyer field trip program to liaise with outlying county agencies for increased support.
• Supported the Office of Minority Affairs by conducting a series of minority vendor meetings with commodity buyers to promote improved vendor relationships and generate more minority business with the county.
- Deputy Director of Purchasing at Nassau County, NY
- Materials Coordinator at Long Island Railroad
- promotions to Buyer, Senior Buyer, Material Coordinator and Multi-Source Analyst at Long Island Railroad
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- - political science, psychology
- Master - Planning