Mount Royal Villa/The Pavilion Sept 2016 - present Director of Rehab Saber Rehabilitation Director of Rehab/Cota Premier Therapy DOR Brentwood Healthcare Olympia Rehab DOR Beachwood Point Kindred Rehabilitation DOR Berea Care Center DOR Mount Saint Joseph DOR Gibsonburg Healthcare COTA Whitehouse Country Manor
- Director of Rehab at Premier Therapy DOR Brentwood Healthcare
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
Serve as Director of Rehab for The Stratford at West Clay, skilled nursing, outpatient, home health and health & wellness; responsible for all operations of 4 business units, HR, program development, marketing in facility and West Clay area, and member of resident health committee providing monthly education events. As outpatient administrator, responsible for all regulatory compliance of primary site and 2 extension sites in Fishers and Avon. Involved from start of 2nd extension site in set-up and survey readiness, responsible for completion of initial survey for Medicare licensure as extension site, error free survey result
- Director of Rehab/Outpatient Administrator at The Stratford/Genesis Rehab Services
- Program Manager at Evergreen Crossing and The Lofts
- 5-Star Senior Living at Five-Star Rehab & Wellness
- PRN Occupational Therapist for Geriatric at Aegis Therapies/Golden Living
4 years at this Job
- Baccalaureate of Science - Occupational Therapy
Director of Rehab 2007 to present Manage a 66 bed SNF
- Director of Rehab/Physical Therapist Assistant at Genesis Rehab Services
14 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Physical Therapist Assistant
- PTS - PTA
Director of Rehab
• Responsible for the efficient and profitable management of rehabilitation services within the site, Lake Barrington Woods Independent/Assisted Living
• Ensured departmental compliance with all regulatory and practice act requirements
• Managed and supervised Physical, Speech, Occupational Therapist and consultants
• Maintained the site profitability by streamlining the therapists productivity by 30%
• Maintained relationship between Genesis and building's on site personnel to ensure quality health care for the residents
- Director of Rehab at Genesis HealthCare
- Administrative Services/Office Manager at TLS Veterans
- Administrative Services Manager (Business Office Manager) at Three Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care
- Business/Administrative Services Manager at Premier Commercial Realty
5 months at this Job
From October 2017- September 2018, became an Interim Director of Rehabilitation(DOR) which includes added duties of supervising/overseeing 11 therapists and meetings with other interdisciplinary team in the building. Manages treatment minutes of patients/residents for therapists to follow. Clerical within therapy gym including filing, faxing, emailing, etc. Scheduling of patients for therapists to treat. Assist with scheduling of staff and as needed staff to cover full time staff. Assist in managing team and patient treatment. Communication between director of rehab and upper management within building. Attend therapy and building meetings on behalf of director of rehab. Maintains patient confidence and protects treatment location. Provide community based services such as health and wellness activities as required. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department. Acknowledgment of insurances and how therapy services are paid in a nursing home setting along with getting verifications and authorizations. Acknowledgment of modalities'(heat pack, ice pack, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, diathermy) along with their setup and tear down. Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism, courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive communication. Help manage overall activities and provide assistance as much as possible to the therapy team along with the facility needs.
- Assistant Director of Rehab at Aegis Therapies transition to Priority Health Care
- Sports Recreational Aide at Priorty Healthcare
- SPC- Nutrition Care Specialist at USAR
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate in PTA - PTA
- High School Diploma
Operations of Rehab Dept in 120 bed inpatient skilled nursing facility. Project Management for updating efficiency. Staffing, budgeting, QA/PI, scheduling, KPI, UR for Medicare/Medicaid. Patient Satisfaction. Successfully created cohesive team: Developed and maintained positive relationships with employees. Customer Service w/patients. Educated in issues of the elderly (subacute & long term care) including dimentia and end of life care/hospice Project Scopes: Improving Efficiency, Mode of Treatment. Organized the department in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified rehab services to meet the legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines. Established and oversaw implementation of an effective budgeting and accounting system that improved efficiency and reduced costs. Developed and achieved financial and growth goals.
- Director of Rehab at Genesis Rehab
- Director/Program Development at Center for Family Services
- Consultant at County Supportive Housing
- Director/Project Manager at PHMC
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- PMP Exam Prep
- Doctorate - Holistic Ministries/Holistic & Spiritual Studies
- Master of Arts - Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts - Education
- Associate of Arts - Theater
- Certificates - Marketing, Project Management, & more
• In role as Director of Rehab managing Physical therapy, Occupational therapy and Speech therapy services to SNF, ALF and IL population within campus setting.
• Attend center meetings with interdisciplinary team including nursing, social work and ED.
• Daily interaction with center RNAC for verification of RUGs and ARD check points.
• Complete monthly meetings with ED to discuss goals and future projects.
• Manage all rehab departmental scheduling and staffing to cover all campus needs.
• Provide center with in servicing and campus activities as requested.
• Scheduling of Home evaluations and follow up meetings with patients and families to discuss concerns/additional needs towards discharge planning.
• Delivery of occupational therapy services to patients in all settings including SNF, ALF and IL under supervision of OTR.
- Director of Rehab COTA/L at Genesis Rehabilitation Services
- Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant at Baker Rehab Group- Washington County
- Program Manager at COTA
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY - Occupational Therapy Clinical Fieldwork
• Coordination with Administrative Staff and Nursing Staff for scheduling
• Schedule of various therapists
• RUG Skilled patients
• Complete ARD's, COT's, OMRA's
• Creative activities to attain therapy goals
• Weekly financials and end of month documentation
• Liaison between Administration and Concept Rehab
• Marketing strategies
• Maintaining appropriate budget
• Rehab team meetings
• Treating occupational therapy assistant
• Design, research and implement out patient therapy in SNF
• Care conferences and meetings with patient and families
• Understanding and maintaining Medicare rules and regulations
• Communication with various insurance companies to achieve the highest assistance for patients.
• Liaison between customers and home company
• Committee to implement productive screen forms
• Communication with functioning OT focusing on patient progress
• Audits (compiling information to process audits)
- Director of Rehab at Concept Rehab at Riverside Nursing and Rehab
- at Concept Rehab at South Haven Nursing and Rehab
- Cashier at Walgreens Co
- Lead person at R. A. Miller Industries
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
Managed a high-volume caseload and organized the daily schedules of PT's, PTA's, OT's, COTA's and SLP's. Trained and oriented new therapists and therapy assistants. Participated in planning the department's annual budget. Planned and efficiently supervised operations of 30 therapists and 50-60 patient visits per day. Used Rehab Optima, Casamba, SigmaCare and Point Click Care to chart patients' progress and update departmental records with data according to healthcare documentation regulation. Diligently observed patient safety, risk management and infection control policies and procedures at all times and reported to Quality Assurance. Directly supervised clinical students and support staff, including certified and licensed assistants, technicians and volunteers. Decreased waste and promoted cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. Able to achieve 0.91 cost per minute in the rehab department while providing therapy 7 days were week with excellent outcomes and staff retention. Promoted awareness of the rehab department by participating in community events and coordinating effective marketing activities. Monitored staff productivity and requirements through the careful review of patient caseloads. Supervised the daily administration and clinical planning for the rehabilitation program within a 155 resident facility. Provided training and onboarding to staff and ensured that they completed tasks and job duties within expected timeframes. Hired and trained 30 plus staff with a 95% staff retention rate. Collaborated with the Nursing Department & Business office to ensure that the Medicare regulations and billing was being met daily and monthly projections and forecasts were achieved. Participation in the Utilization Review, Prospective Payment System and At Risk meetings. Initiated rollout of new rehab software to enhance documentation requirements and outcome reporting Oversaw all departments, including PT, OT, and ST for a monthly revenue of 1.6 million, 87% productivity and provided 7 days per week while achieving high RUG levels and a 0.87 cost per minute and excellent patient outcomes. Implemented innovative programs to increase employee loyalty and reduce turnover. Average tenure in therapy department is 10 years. Developed and rolled out new policies and information to therapists: including all teaching and knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance rules & regulations and changes. (PDPM, CMI) Partnered successfully with nursing department to produce a 5 Star building with excellent surveys. Assisted with the facilities achievement of the Gold and Silver Awards of Excellence presented to facilities with above standard outcomes, surveys and overall achievements. Tracked trends and suggested enhancements that would both challenge and refine the departments outcomes Provided home evaluations for patients to determine safety in home and make appropriate recommendations prior to discharge.
- Director Of Rehab at Cherry Lane Nursing & Rehab Center
- Therapy Program Manager at Heritage Harbor Rehab & Nursing Center
- Physical Therapist at Healthsouth - Traveling PT
- Physical Therapist at Hospital - Pittsburgh, PA
17 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Physical Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology
Oversee the daily operations of three therapy departments as the Director of Rehab; Maintain patient records assuring patient confidentiality; Hiring and training of full time and PRN staff members; Create a weekly schedule for each therapist while ensuring frequency of treatment complies with doctors' orders; Monitor productivity of direct reports and develop an action plan to help decrease barriers to productivity; Address concerns within the office to maintain a smooth, efficient, and professional working environment; Prepare bi-weekly internal staff payroll to be submitted to corporate; Increase revenue via community relationships with residents at each facility and their families as well as the employees that work in the community; Communicate with local area Directors of Rehab when additional help is needed or when help is available to loan to other facilities; Communicate with families to obtain consent for therapy as well as providing updates on the progress of therapy; Obtain doctors signatures on all required Medicare documents as required at the state and federal level.
- Director of Rehab at Genesis Rehab
- Scheduling Coordinator at Select Rehab, INC
- Compliance Auditor at Select Rehab, INC
- Rehab Technician at Select Rehab, INC
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Psychology