March 2016 till date, Rolling Meadows, USA, IL
Leading Unified Digital Evidence Management System at Panasonic Corporation. Acting as a director of software development for Panasonic Next Generation Software suite related to Digital Evidence Management System for Public Safety.
• Demonstrated effective leadership to support supply chain operation for major customers across USA and Japan.
• Achieved 36% additional product adoption by defining and executing the feature road map and cloud uptake of Unified Digital Evidence Management for Body Worn Cameras and In Car Video Units.
• Reorganized the team, established and implemented efficient SDLC processes and fostered the transition to an agile methodology.
- director of software development at Panasonic Corporation
- Pleasanton, USA, CA, Development Manager at Oracle Corporation
- Product Manager at Oracle Corporation
- Sr. Software Engineer at AutoZone Inc
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Management - Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil Engineering
As the leader for several software engineering teams for the Food and Nutrition Services division, I am responsible for over 30 products that are in use by more than 600 colleges & universities, 1300 health care systems, 3000 senior living facilities, and 700 business & industry organizations, accounting for over 35% of CBORD revenue. My teams are responsible for many of CBORD's most used products and technologies, including NSS, FSS, NetMenu, NetNutrition, EventMaster, and GeriMenu. I am responsible for a distributed staff with 20 direct reports, and over 55 individuals who participate as part of SCRUM teams to whom I provide leadership. Under my tenure, we transitioned to a more effective Agile process which accelerated product delivery, streamlined the development process, and allowed the rapid introduction of new technologies and platforms while minimizing resource allocation to legacy products.
- Director of Software Development at The CBORD Group
- at The CBORD Group
- Development Manager at The CBORD Group
- Director at Dart Communications
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Russian and East European Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Russian Language and Literature
• Lead a team consisting of 25 developers, a small IT staff and manage capital planning.
• Work with project managers, developers, and the test team to satisfy new task orders and existing maintenance contracts for customers all over the world in the Air Traffic Control Simulation industry.
• Responsible for upgrading the company's tools for team and document collaboration, issue management, configuration management, and code reviews in order to increase productivity.
• Introducing the staff to an Agile-based software development methodology.
• Working to take the staff to the next level to meet the demands of this fast-growing company through better cross training, lunch time learning sessions, and more structured development process, while providing additional guidance and encouraging more collaboration.
- Director of Software Development at UFA Inc
- Director of Technology at MAXIMUS, Inc
- Co-Founder and Director of Technology at SupportFusion, Inc
- Principal Consultant at Noblestar Systems Corp
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
Manage team of 15 remote/virtual employees, including Software Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Technical Product Managers, iOS Engineers, and QA Engineers for a non-profit organization focused on serving the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities. Primary project was a multi-tenant platform using Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, and Ember.js.
• Responsible for managing $2.2m departmental budget.
• Lead Project Management efforts for primary software application development.
• Assist Product Management in task estimation, feature requirements definitions, and product roadmap development.
• Create and manage bi-annual department goals and quarterly personnel goals.
• Collaborate with multiple business units to research, define, and deliver software products.
- DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT at Communication Service for the Deaf
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER at Communication Service for the Deaf
- DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT at EXTRA
- LEAD QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER at Communication Service for the Deaf
2 years at this Job
- B.A. - Psychology
• Member of the Executive Steering Committee.
• Played instrumental role in leading 12-member team of software developers in designing software, web applications, and web services. Charged with hiring, training, and managing staff, creating and overseeing budgets, and driving progress reports to senior management.
• Created innovative CRM system in 1995 that allowed Matrix to open doors for business. Developed in Java with a SQLServer back end database. Supports 130+ sales agents, provides quotes for multiple insurance products and produces all client communications. Founding member of Matrix Direct, a direct to consumer term life insurance company.
• Developed an underwriting/quoting engine that incorporated client specifc information that was used to generate custom personalized premiums for a multitude of Insurance Carriers and products. This enabled the Sales team to engage more leads thus increasing efficiency and enhancing performance.
• Embedded Predictive Outbound dialer into CRM application. Automated the creation of daily calling lists, screen pops, call dispositions and calling protocols. Developed export of daily call history for analysis and reporting.
• Designed application to print fillable forms (letters, emails, quotes, insurance applications) on demand without any user interaction. This smart application put together 30-page insurance applications including and excluding forms required by unique client profile. Efforts were uniquely instrumental in the growth of AIG Direct. Liaised with Paramed companies and insurance vendors. Developed continuous data exchange between CRM and external partners.
• Designed agent licensing model to track and update Sales agent licenses, both with the states and the Insurance Providers. This interacted with NIPR website allowed Licensing team to more efficiently manage large Sales force licensing issues.
• Moved the development environment to a cloud-based application hosted by Dimension Data. Worked with AIG Corporate IT development team to move the production environment into the AWS cloud incorporating a GitHub/Jenkins pipeline. ~~~ San Diego, CA
• (858) 869-3297
• [email protected]
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bradley-johnson
- Director of Software Development at AIG DIRECT INSURANCE SERVICES
- Senior Structural Engineer at ROHR INDUSTRIES
- Structural Analysis Engineer (Contract Position) at PRATT & WHITNEY
21 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Engineering Mechanics - Engineering Mechanics
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Java Development Coursework
Led team of up to four managers (20 developers): established development
practices, identified long-term needs, worked with partners to set priorities, and ensured successful execution.
• Saved an estimated $3 million by overseeing the development project of migrating a proprietary call center tool to Salesforce.
• Supported the disaster recovery plan by leading the team that migrated 25+ back-end Account and Community services to AWS.
• Eliminated development-related SOX deficiencies while heading the SOX compliance efforts for Development.
• Led development efforts to launch Ancestry's DNA product internationally - the first product sold through our new back-end e-Commerce system.
• Ensured alignment and cooperation between Product and Development by creating a regular coordination/prioritization meeting.
- Director of Software Development at Ancestry
- Software Development Manager at Ancestry
- Senior Software Engineer at Ancestry
3 years at this Job
- Some college
Drives technical solutions and software development role for this health insurance provider covering 95% of all doctors and hospitals with 110M users in the US. Serves as Engineering Manager accountable for the BCBS Big Data platform, including data warehousing and P2P transactions for AXIS(TM) Cost and Provider Data Repository(TM).
• Directs the product roadmap, P&L, and product operations (SaaS) with a $2M annual budget and teams ranging from 5 to over 20 Developers, QA, Project Managers, including scaling the team to the project scope.
• Delivers product development project lifecycle process improvements.
• Oversaw development and implementation of 6 products, including data access monitoring, corporate applications, member/claims data processing and management, and a private cloud SaaS.
• Introduced and implemented Agile and DevOps methodologies for SDLC across Data Lake.
• Implemented data access response time monitoring, delivering 99.9% uptime with subsecond response times.
• Rehabilitated an under-performing product, targeting a Big Data technology solution.
- Director of Software Development at Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Business Management Consultant, Cloud Technology Adviser, and Founder at Cloud Service Solutions, Inc
- Senior Vice President (Dy. General Mgr.), IT Operations at HBL Group, Inc
- Advisor at CA Technologies, Inc
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Management
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), Mathematics
PlayerLync is a company that specializes in mobile learning solutions for restaurant and retail companies. Responsible for partnering with executive leadership on strategic and tactical goals, defining & implementing software development processes, and staffing & leading the software development team.
• Customized interactive training platform for Fortune 500 Company. Client needed to roll out training to its 20,000 stores within 45 days. Partnered with Apple and navigated internal development team through collaboration sessions creating plans, identifying content, analyzing security risks and identifying customizations needed. Instituted scrum methodology to track work, report out on expected outcomes as well as KPI's to measure their success. Met aggressive timeline and delivered the largest deployment of the company's platform services. Miraculously, internal and external help desk/customer support teams were not needed due to a smooth implementation and launch.
• Designed SW QA development strategy to meet customer demand. Early on in the game there were no real QA processes or procedures in place and as the company grew their internal Rapid Application Development methodology made it difficult to scale. Educated founders on industry QA standards, outlined key processes and practices, and shifted the team to ultimately identify and resolve issues earlier in the software development life cycle(SDLC.) Championed the QA functional role and hired first QA team member.
• Instituted Agile Scrum environment. Identified pivotal roles and processes driving continuous improvement across the development organization. Enabled the team's ability to deliver quickly, respond to emerging enhancements more fluidly and collaborate across the team with ease.
• Created a culture of continuous improvement. With the continuous expansion of the system feature set coupled with the business needing to deliver value at a faster pace, established Lean principles within the software development organization. The adoption of these principles empowered the team to more consistently review and improve processes. The team employs an operational planning model that relies on KPIs and timelines, and this has yielded substantial benefits in many areas, including reducing testing cycles by 50% and improving release cycles.
• Engineered diagnostic system to drive feature request and enhancement process. Stabilized poorly designed code of core components and improved stability of the application. Bugs were hindering the team from focusing on creating new enhancements as they were constantly in reactive mode. Cleaned up the code and shifted the product focus to feature enhancements.
• Reduced time to market of new feature enhancements driving revenue. Shifting company from how things look to how things work, recruited first UX designer. This shift allowed for on-time delivery of key features including features that optimized bandwidth usage, organized content more effectively, and provided better content security.
• Innovated messaging feature leading market competitiveness. Largest account (NFL) needed the ability to communicate securely between coaches and players. Designed and developed messaging interface system to allow for collaboration between coaches and players in reviewing game film through messaging feature. This feature was a key differentiator in the platform gaining a foothold and continued momentum in the market.
- Director of Software Development at PlayerLync
- Software Development Consultant at Sony, Inc
- IT Frameworks Manager at Apple, Inc
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information and Computer Science
- Bachelor's - Economics
• Evaluate project portfolio and develop 2014+ plan.
• Enhancing technology used for internal/external clients and build stable, portable and robust applications to improve customer experience.
• Collaborate with business to define a new approach(s) in redefining the platform efficiency.
• Enhance Capability and reduce Operational Cost
• Accurately analyze the long term goals of the business teams and come up with strategic answers and deliver them in the products.
• Accurately analyze the long term goals of the business teams and come up with strategic answers and deliver them in the products.
• Provide thought process and suggestions whenever and wherever required in the projects and lead the effort in building a cross-functional team. Projects Delivered: Market Data Direct (MDD), China Oil & Data Analytics (CODA), Portal Redesign. Delivery Manager/Technical Lead Projects: Dynamic Web Platform: Platts, a leading global provider of energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information serves multiple institutional clients as customer and partners. Dynamic web platform delivers post market closure reports, price assessments and corrections, market trends and analysis for trade analysts. This portal provides subscribers and editors a unique platform to gather data and serve to the market. Responsibilities:
• Architecting the portal which serves as a base for all customer facing applications.
• Coordinate with multiple business teams including Marketing, Sales, Editorial, Media and Conferences on a regular basis to set tangible deadlines.
• Implement new design patterns which would enhance the capability of the portal.
• Manage onsite and offshore development, QA and support teams including both BAU and SOW resources while optimizing the cost and performance. Mobile - Steel Index and Price Assessments: Platts submits price corrections and post market closures to its financial clients. These price corrections are scheduled to be delivered over web as well as to personal clients. Native mobile applications were released which were accessible by subscribers to these programs. The data includes price fluctuations, corrections and analysis being reported to the dynamic platform. Responsibilities:
• Lead the development team to create native mobile applications.
• Coordinate with pricing team to make sure data is exposed applications.
• Engage vendors to work on the Antenna platform used as a basis for the mobile apps.
• Manage onsite and offshore development, QA and support teams including both BAU and SOW resources while optimizing the cost and performance. Server Refresh: Refresh the current end of life physical infrastructure and replace it with a virtual environment for the following components. The project must be completed within the target time frame and with minimal interruption to both segments. Refresh required due to the fact that current physical servers old and are at the end of life from support stand point. Infrastructure Refresh onto VMWare resulting in Service Unit cost reductions for the business Responsibilities:
• Engaged application development, infrastructure and storage teams to re-architect the entire suite of hardware systems.
• Spearhead the resolution of key business issues that impact or hold up execution of the project for expedient and complete resolution with support from the Project Sponsor.
• Bring down the total cost of ownership and maintenance overhead by upgrading the systems. Lift & Shift: Over the past couple of years Platts has made several acquisitions and the need was to integrate all the external systems with existing applications and eventually host all the systems in house. Some of the acquisitions include Bentek, Steel Business Briefing & Kingsman. Responsibilities:
• Lead the development team to work with external teams in integrating the entire customer facing web applications.
• Take the responsibility as a lead developer to and drive the team to use industry best practices for design and development.
• Manage onsite and offshore development, QA and support teams including both BAU and SOW resources while optimizing the cost and performance.
- Director of Software Development at Platts, McGraw Hill Financial
- Project Lead/ Application Architect at American International Group
- Technical/Team Lead at TALK AMERICA, INC
- Team Lead at UBS Financials
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Management
- Masters - Architecture and Design Fundamentals
- Bachelors in Engineering - Computer Science
- Director of Software Development at FormHero
- Chief Software Officer at Tjeker
- Product Engineering Manager at ABB
- Director, Software Development at Cargotec
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Mathematics - Computer Science