Phoenix, AZ Aug 2013 - Present Deputy CIO / Director of Software Development Provide strategic leadership steering CTS development operations, associated budgets, and resources. Define strategic direction for information systems plan including technology deployment plans and departmental budgets. Oversee 50+ IT professionals, including project managers, scrum masters, developers, architects, quality analysts, and business analysts, driving forward performance quality, and optimization of system solution delivery and maintenance, in alignment with organization's requirements and objectives and in compliance with state and federal regulations and standards. * Apply technical leadership skills and strong business acumen to define technology standards, establish processes, develop policies and procedures including for the evaluation and assessment of technology. * Expertly steer design of information architecture and hold accountability for systems security and business continuity. * Conduct research and evaluation of vendor and third-party tools/software for Judicial Branch, selecting, recommending and negotiating contracts and service level agreements, ensuring cost efficiency while maximizing quality. * Lead prioritization of technology initiatives and steer project execution of all projects. * Devise and implement training plans for developers, quality analysts, business owners, business analyst and scrum masters, and ensure the availability of tools and structures that enable teams and individuals to consistently deliver high performance levels. Key Achievements * Successfully steered implementation of Agile process throughout the Judicial Branch, significantly improving development and continuous improvement efforts. * Delivered increased efficiency in time and cost through the implementation of various initiatives including the introduction of Artificial Intelligence, and the effective automation of critical business processes. * Saved $2M+ annually through the development of a high-performance software team. * Developed and implemented TDD and continuous integration strategy and process. * Defined, developed and continuously reviewed/updated a highly scalable Disaster Recovery plan utilizing DevOps and Azure. * Received multiple awards from National Center of State Courts (NCSC) including for best technology implementation, and innovative technology design.
- Deputy CIO / Director of Software Development at THE JUDICIAL BRANCH OF ARIZONA IN MARICOPA COUNTY
- Software Development Manager at XEROX
- Software Engineer at MNS INFOTECH
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Application
Chief technology executive leading all aspects of digital mortgage strategies, strategic
planning, business analysis, development, QA, documentation, and delivery. Responsible for budgeting, hiring and managing staff of 25+ people developing and maintaining over 100 state-
of-the-art mortgage industry software systems using Microsoft .NET technologies and Azure.
• Managed development for over 100 custom software applications for the mortgage industry using Microsoft .NET technologies and Azure.
• Managed teams to configure and develop custom processes for Loan Origination System (LOS/Encompass) supporting over 1,000 loan officers and associates
• Managed teams to develop and support several distributed database systems, data warehouse and corporate reporting databases.
• Created corporate customer facing website (eaglehm.com) overseeing all UI/UX and development.
• Created new strategic direction for the company development practices structuring software development staff to work applying their best strengths, increasing productivity and decreasing backlog by 75%, demonstrated by increased code output volume, reduced implementation windows, and 100% on-time deliveries using Scrum Agile software development practices.
• Managed team to configure and develop custom processes for ServiceNow.
- Director of Software Development at EAGLE HOME MORTGAGE
- Senior Solutions Architect / Digital Mortgage Strategies at EAGLE HOME MORTGAGE
- Consultant / Senior .Net Programmer/Analyst at EAGLE HOME MORTGAGE / INFONET CONSULTING GROUP
- Founder / CEO at LISTWITHFREEDOM.COM, INC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Business Computer Information Systems
- - Computer Science
I am responsible for the direction of Frontpoint's Enterprise, B2B and B2C software solutions. I work directly with senior leadership on future planning and ensure successful execution with my highly skilled staff. As a successful leader, I enable my engineering teams to succeed in a highly collaborative environment. I leverage my passion for collaboration, Agile practices, software quality, team performance and employee development. A few accomplishments include:
• Improved team net performance by 20% through team owned sprint metrics and requiring key scrum practices
• Reduced corporate technical disruptions by over 80%
• Implemented a career development program, providing coaching to managers, engineers and aspiring team leads.
- Director of Software Development at FrontPoint Security Solutions, LLC
- Director of Software Development and Quality Assurance at Transamerica
- Senior Software Architect at Transamerica
- Client Server Team Lead, Architect at Transamerica
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
• Reporting to CTO, oversaw all aspects of the Development, Systems and QA consisting of 30+ people. Direct reports included three managers and architecture team.
• Sole ownership of budget and P&L analysis of $4+ million annual line of business consisting of 4-5 simultaneous projects.
• Delivered industry-leading software that saved clients millions of dollars, shortened processes from weeks to minutes and generated up to $21M in annual revenues within year one of launch.
• Leading enterprise architecture planning and design effort with technology leaders, both in IT and other divisional software organizations.
• Led Agile transformation, transitioning from Waterfall to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to accelerate development and release cadence by 3x and improve customer satisfaction rates more than 50%.
• Drove adoption of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment model (CI/CD) and "infrastructure as code" using Jenkins into DevOps to automate testing and optimize workflows, saving 160 man-hours/month and reducing production issues related to code changes by 40% plus.
• Worked closely with the Product Owners and development leads to understand, design, and assess solutions to deliver on functional and non-functional requirements.
• Developed and managed the project schedules/plans, cross-functional deliverables, and detailed timelines.
• Mitigating risk by identifying, escalating and resolving issues across multiple delivery groups.
• Partnered with Strategy, Innovation and Client relations team to manage relationships with large-scale clients for system implementation and upgrades including all tasks associated with the project management lifecycle and client relationship management.
• Grow and lead a best-in-class development organization by supporting an open and highly-collaborative work environment and leading in a manner that fosters, performance and commitment among all the technology teams.
• Leading SOA integrations with Bloomberg middleware, SAP, DAM, MAM and Traffic systems using web services (REST API, SOAP).
- Director of Software Development at RSG Media Systems( UNIVISION INC, BLOOMBERG)
- Technical Manager at RSG Media ( DOW JONES)
- Technical Lead at RSG Media ( NBC UNIVERSAL)
- Sr. Systems Analyst at DELOITTE
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communication
Hands-on leadership responsibilities managing existing software applications and architecture integration, as well as the strategic assessment of future needs and resulting project planning, structuring and prioritization. Scope includes: the evaluation and budgeting of standard vs. custom applications; project management; establishing consistent standards and methodologies; extensive inter-departmental teaming; and reporting to the CIO. Leads and mentors a multi-skilled applications development team of 10 having full life-cycle capabilities.
• Led enterprise-wide upgrading of the Oracle ERP. Eliminated 30% of past customizations, while developing new customized programs aligned to the strategic goals of different user groups.
• Heightened security by inventorying all current applications to identify highly sensitive information. Verified existing protections and/or added new measures to mitigate risks from 3rd parties or unintentional disclosure.
• Delivered CRM support to marketing initiatives by deploying Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics. Results included a 10% increase in the response rate from prospective applicants.
• Drove team/user cultural transformation that improved support of change management processes by adopting the Agile/Scrum framework into the software development life-cycle. Introduced Jira for project tracking.
• Achieved goal of single sign-on authentication by upgrading/optimizing the identity and access management applications by using features from different software. Automated the supporting security/compliance training.
• Awarded PMO leadership by filling void and solving problems after the rapid departure of 4 employees. Improved PMO project modeling, team behaviors, KPI progress measurement and executive reporting.
• Integral contributor to the Business Intelligence Project leveraging the Oracle platform in improving enterprise data-driven decision making. Selected to the Data Governance group defining the most crucial data.
• Managed development of a mobile application for making/receiving payments. Established transitioning various applications to Cloud SaaS and Hosting as a key application team priority.
• Directed execution of an ambitious project mapping all/120+ campus building onto Google including a picture and applicable web pages. Subsequently, added news updates re the locations. Per Google Analytics the project has generated 180k views in just 6 months.
- Director of Software Development at University of Wisconsin–Whitewater
- Director of IT (CIO) - LATAM at QUAD / GRAPHICS
- Information Services & Solutions Manager at CEVA Logistics Corporation
- IT Manager at Becton Dickinson Argentina
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Managerial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Systems Engineering
- High School Diploma - Accounting Expert
• Using PHP 5.x, NodeJS 6.9, Angular 1.5 and MySQL 5.7, developed logistics management system used in the ordering, tracking and distribution of materials for oil drilling offshore. Used by super major oil and gas companies, extreme focus was placed on security and integration with an existing corporate LDAP to leverage SSO under 2-factor authentication.
• Using C# and WPF with OptaPlanner, created a helicopter manifesting and routing application, used to reduce costs associated with employee transportation to offshore (Gulf of Mexico) platform locations. The core UI allowed users to select a subset from a fleet of helicopters with attributes and generate a bin packed VRP optimize route. System is used to reduced fuel costs and excessive "hot-shot" transfers.
• Using NodeJS, Angular, Memcached, Globalstar, Google Maps and MySQL, developed real-time GPS tracking system for high value equipment and personnel across the globe. Fully web-based, the system supported a moveable widget dashboard allowing individual user customization.
• Using NodeJS, Socket.io and React, created a SCADA management system to monitor fluid levels, temperatures and pump operations and send control signals back to the Honeywell PLC.
• Enacted and enforced processes and procedures for development and QA teams. Developed requirement document templates, testing guidelines and software change request templates. Held daily SCRUM meetings as master. Created sprint schedules in Jira and distributed tasks.
• Attended client review meetings and drew up technical requirements from client requests and SME feedback and guidance. Defined and pitched verticals based on existing product development.
• Created the software development division of the company and assisted in the expansion of the technical team. Responsible for the management and coordination of DBAs, server engineers, front-end developers and system administration. Trained new employees in software architecture and code traversal. Mentored employees and interns on software development techniques, architecture and algorithms.
- Director of Software Development at DC International Inc
- President at GateTrackr llc
- Technical Advisor Volunteer at International Space University
- 3D Software Engineer at Atlink Communications Inc
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- AS - Physics
Hands on director defining the vision, strategy, and execution plan for the technology architecture of eyeBrain Medical Solutions and Medical device using Agile development methodologies and strong communications to all stake holders. Serves as advisor to the VP of engineering for the board, managing a team of software engineers to deliver state-of-the-art features, serving 1000’s of doctors and users in a medical device connected to a web-based, and multi-tenancy enabled cloud solution. Driving revenue through cutting edge technology and innovative strategies · Combined separate systems into a single, cohesive cloud-based solution, allowing doctors to use a single portal to all eyeBrain products, creating significant revenue increases. · Built a state of the art back-end processing engine, that revolutionized the Business to Business integration and the creation of web-services, which increased the adoption of our products by doctors nationally and a focus on global expansion starting in Canada.
- Director of software development at eyeBrain Medical Inc
- Global Chief Technology Officer and Chief Enterprise Architect at iPRO Solutions LLC
- CIO / Information and Communication Technology Manager at LicenSys
- National Head of Development and Chief Architect at SA Home Loans
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Manager
- BSc - Physics and Astronomy
- BSc - Information Technology
• Lead a team consisting of 25 developers, a small IT staff and manage capital planning.
• Work with project managers, developers, and the test team to satisfy new task orders and existing maintenance contracts for customers all over the world in the Air Traffic Control Simulation industry.
• Responsible for upgrading the company's tools for team and document collaboration, issue management, configuration management, and code reviews in order to increase productivity.
• Introducing the staff to an Agile-based software development methodology.
• Working to take the staff to the next level to meet the demands of this fast-growing company through better cross training, lunch time learning sessions, and more structured development process, while providing additional guidance and encouraging more collaboration.
- Director of Software Development at UFA Inc
- Director of Technology at MAXIMUS, Inc
- Co-Founder and Director of Technology at SupportFusion, Inc
- Principal Consultant at Noblestar Systems Corp
10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Responsible for managing a team of 27 consisting of 1 AS400 Administrator, 1 Systems Analyst, 4 AS400 developers, 9 .NET/C# developers, 1 Offshore Coordinator, and 22 offshore developers. Responsible for recruiting, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Responsible for overseeing several projects and production support across multiple divisions (Consumer Products, Automotive, Direct) within the IT development group whose budget ranged from $50,000 to $2,000,000. This included meeting with the business group, estimation of project timeline, assigning team members, ensuring project stays in budget, providing status reports, the delivering of required documentation, all testing is completed (unit, QA, and User), managing the implementation and post implementation of the projects.
• Responsible for managing the modernization of the call center core system from the legacy AS400 mainframe to a more modernized .NET/SQL system with the data still being stored on the AS400 for data integrity.
• Responsible for managing many automotive applications across different platforms (Domestic and Canada).
• Responsible for reporting status to executives, both IT and business, meeting with the business executive level for prioritization and assisting in strategic goals.
• Responsible for the daily scrum meetings to review all current tasks with the development team and QA team.
• Attend OEM meetings with external clients (Volvo, Mazda, OptionSoft)
• Responsible for the succession of yearly Disaster Recovery testing in all divisions within the IT development group.
• Responsible for the succession of passing the yearly SOX testing in all divisions within the IT development group.
- Director of Software Development at Warrantech, an Amtrust Company
- Sr. Tech Manager, Application Programming at Bank of America, formerly Countrywide
- Sr. Software Developer at Artesia Data Systems
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Computer Science
- Computer Programming
Designed & hands on Developed real-time continuous Integration between ERP, CRM, eCommerce and various systems. Developed Custom asp.net and windows form applications. Customized ERP & CRM solutions: Dynamcis GP, Dynamics CRM, Sage MAS 90 / 200. Designed and developed BI and data warehouse solutions based on Microsoft SQL. deployment of custom solutions that is data driven and did not require writing custom code. Lead a team of Sr. Software Developers as-well-as manage overseas teams of developers in China, Philippines and India. Provide IT strategy & implementation services with emphasis on Virtualization, thin clients, Barcode Data Collection & Label printing solutions. Optimized Enterprise class infrastructure in terms of both hardware and configuration of Active Directory and Automation via Group Policy.
- Director of Software Development at Consultech Resources, Inc
- Enterprise Architect at Klear Consulting
- Executive & Chief Architect at Geneva Systems, Inc
3 years at this Job