Allen, TX 2015-present
Provides Unified Communications and Call Center solutions for SMB customers using the NEC SV9100 PBX. Director of Software Development
• Drove a new cloud-based security solution that we expect to be a major source of recurring revenue. I made sure that our camera work kept on schedule and constantly removed obstacles that can come with a project with an offshore component. This project is a collaboration among 3 other companies.
• Grew revenue by 50% by playing a large role to create reoccurring revenue streams into a company that had previously been founded on a one-time sales model.
• Evangelized using MVP concept to deliver customer-driven ideas to market sooner.
• Took the lead in driving projects from conception to product offering. I would learn the technical aspects, develop the integration plan and then lead, manage, and remove obstacles to ensure timely delivery.
• Initiated a simpler way for users with no SV9100 PBX programming system or telephony knowledge to perform routine work-flows. Drove the engineering team through implementation.
• Transformed our architecture from one that was based on extensions to one that was based on users. Also, started to switch our architecture from on-premise to be more hybrid to take advantage of better ease of use, extended reach, and useful analytics gathering.
- Director of Software Development at Red Phoenix, LLP
- Software Engineering Manager at Cisco
- Technical Leader at Cisco
- Contractor at Cisco
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
Director of Software Development June 2016 – Present PATH Currently leading a small, cross-functional team through all aspects of software development, from requirements gathering through construction, to support and maintenance. Engaging across the organization to build relationships with Program staff, who are working to deliver projects in the developing world. Operating at both a strategic and tactical level, my team currently supports our Salesforce and SharePoint platforms, a broad range of custom-built solutions, and an off-the-shelf implementations of our HR system. · Act as a hand-on Solutions Architect for our integration engine, a custom build ETL engine that connects a disparate number of on-premise and distributed systems. · Led the IT team through a wholesale replacement of our Finance system, managing the integration between the new system and the remaining resident systems. · Was a member of the Strategy Team, responsible for the global delivery of the project across multiple geographies. · Led the implementation of a complete CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps, converting our legacy deployment process to a fully-automated, “push button” process. · Revamped our SDLC to be more Lean/Agile, streamlining submission of requests and tracking work to completion. · Led the team to implement comprehensive, real-time monitoring across our entire portfolio resulting in “at-a-glance” health status of the software and hardware in our ecosystem
- Director of Software Development at PATH
- Interim Chief Information Officer at PATH
- Development Manager at Apple Leisure Group - AIM Consulting
- Individual Contributor at Career Sabbatical
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Acting
Phoenix, AZ Aug 2013 - Present Deputy CIO / Director of Software Development Provide strategic leadership steering CTS development operations, associated budgets, and resources. Define strategic direction for information systems plan including technology deployment plans and departmental budgets. Oversee 50+ IT professionals, including project managers, scrum masters, developers, architects, quality analysts, and business analysts, driving forward performance quality, and optimization of system solution delivery and maintenance, in alignment with organization's requirements and objectives and in compliance with state and federal regulations and standards. * Apply technical leadership skills and strong business acumen to define technology standards, establish processes, develop policies and procedures including for the evaluation and assessment of technology. * Expertly steer design of information architecture and hold accountability for systems security and business continuity. * Conduct research and evaluation of vendor and third-party tools/software for Judicial Branch, selecting, recommending and negotiating contracts and service level agreements, ensuring cost efficiency while maximizing quality. * Lead prioritization of technology initiatives and steer project execution of all projects. * Devise and implement training plans for developers, quality analysts, business owners, business analyst and scrum masters, and ensure the availability of tools and structures that enable teams and individuals to consistently deliver high performance levels. Key Achievements * Successfully steered implementation of Agile process throughout the Judicial Branch, significantly improving development and continuous improvement efforts. * Delivered increased efficiency in time and cost through the implementation of various initiatives including the introduction of Artificial Intelligence, and the effective automation of critical business processes. * Saved $2M+ annually through the development of a high-performance software team. * Developed and implemented TDD and continuous integration strategy and process. * Defined, developed and continuously reviewed/updated a highly scalable Disaster Recovery plan utilizing DevOps and Azure. * Received multiple awards from National Center of State Courts (NCSC) including for best technology implementation, and innovative technology design.
- Deputy CIO / Director of Software Development at THE JUDICIAL BRANCH OF ARIZONA IN MARICOPA COUNTY
- Software Development Manager at XEROX
- Software Engineer at MNS INFOTECH
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Application
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Serving as: o Director of Software Development for Oracle Digital Assistant team ; past - Bluekai India Team
- Oracle, as Director of Software Development at CAREER TIMELINE
- Senior Software Engineering Manager at Microsoft
- Manager - Software Engineering at Amazon, Seattle
- Senior Lead at Microsoft, Redmond, USA Microsoft
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.E. in Computer Science - Computer Science
Lead three high-performance teams responsible for developing software and running
Comcast's next generation cloud DVR system that serves millions of customers.
• Managing three scrum teams in a fast-paced agile development environment. All three teams are in different locations including one in Beijing, China
• Established a working DevOps process in collaboration with other teams. System is running in all 30 Comcast sites and multiple syndication partners supporting more than 5M customers
• Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) for the product to simplify release process and make DevOps more efficient. Software can be deployed to multiple sites simultaneously under total automation
• Work with product managers to define new features, prioritize projects based on potential business impact, level of effort, and timelines
• Increased overall team yield and satisfaction through the implementation of continuous process improvement
• Provide technical leadership, made important technical design decisions to work around performance issues caused by vendor products
- Director of Software Development at Comcast VIPER
- Principal Software Engineer at Comcast VIPER
- Principal Software Engineer/Project Manager at Echostar Communication Technology Corp
- Software Egineer/Project Manager at Home Automation System
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS of Computer Science - Computer Science
- BS of Computer Science - Computer Science
Manages TaxSlayer's software development teams, comprised of over 20 developers who build and maintain TaxSlayer's consumer and professional tax products as well as two business applications (LegalSpark and Workful). Dan's responsibilities include the resourcing of strategic projects that drive innovation and revenue for TaxSlayer and the overall career development of each team.
- Director of Software Development at TaxSlayer, LLC
- Facilitator at Boston University
- Instructor at PMI AA
- President & Founder at Minutemen Consulting Group, LLC
8 months at this Job
- - Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Project Management
Lead and develop software team skills; monitor team activity closely and verify comprehensive integration amongst enterprise databases, grading / report creation applications, and front-end interfaces. Regulate back-end system function, updates, and optimization; manage data and account security efforts. Direct continuous product evolution and identify areas of expansion for international markets coverage.
• Ongoing Development: Participated daily in development efforts; guided team through extensive Java, Spring Framework, SQL Server, and C# application updates and refinement.
• Process Improvements: Instrumental force in development of enterprise grading engine, web applications, and customized client applications for key stakeholders.
- Director of Software Development at MARKETGRADER
- Senior Consultant at KEANE, INC
16 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science & Management Information Systems
* Serve as Director of Software Development with oversight of the North region serving many Fortune 500 companies, accounting for $645M in annual revenue, 40% of global revenue * Partner with the Global Vice President of Application Development and CIO to create and implement the technology strategy and product roadmap * Work closely with regional leadership (EVP/GM, VP Operations, VP Finance, Exec Dir IT Operations) to deliver technology closely aligned with core business needs, drive KPI improvement and deliver on time and on budget products to business stakeholders * Guided the company through a massive operational platform shift - from an open source, Java-based, monolithic architecture to an Azure Cloud, .NET based, microservices architecture - allowing for the best-in-class, work at home model to be applied globally * Oversee multiple platforms that are 100% SOX compliant, PCI Level 1 R.O.C. certified, ISO 27001 certified and exceed all secure engineering best practices * Work seamlessly across all functional areas to champion custom and off-the-shelf back-office systems and integrations, especially as it pertains to: ATS & Onboarding, Provisioning, Training, LMS, Workforce Management, Timekeeping, HRIS/Payroll, Financials, Reporting * Member of engineering steering committee responsible for setting technical guidelines for the organization
- Director of Software Development at Sykes Enterprises Inc
- Product Manager - Software Development at Sykes Enterprises Inc
- Senior Software Developer at NSG Pilkington
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor's - Management Information Systems (MIS)
Recruited to lead the company’s B2B, B2C and Enterprise PCI compliant software development efforts with a directive to improve organizational effectiveness, implement mature Agile practices and develop an exceptional talent pool. Collaborated with 10 business stakeholders, guiding priorities based on a customer-first approach, alignment with company objectives and ROI. Streamlined business processes throughout the organization, automating workflows and enhancing communication between departments within the CRM. Increased the department to 25 engineers, product specialists and Agile support staff with 5 direct reports. Outstanding Accomplishments
• Introduced and improved key metrics which ensured Scrum teams identified and solved their unproductive behaviors. Time to market was reduced by 50%, defects were reduced by 80%, net velocity increased by 20%, test coverage increased by 25%, technical debt accumulation was halted, sprint injections controlled, and carry-over eliminated.
• Reduced recurring annual costs by over a million dollars through billing process automation, new development tools, targeted testing, targeted training and collaborating on smarter Azure resource allocation.
• Increased sales nearly 10% by adding bundling capabilities to the eCommerce and CRM solutions.
• Reduced support call rates and cancellation rates by prioritizing customer experience features in the existing mobile and web solutions.
• Created an online eCommerce experience in 60 days delivering early and increasing sales in time for the annual Black Friday sales event.
• Eliminated sync errors in partner integration software which avoided millions of dollars in downstream costs.
• Proposed, developed prototypes, provided financial projections and offered initial plans for new business opportunities that would increase net revenue by millions of dollars over the next four years.
- Director of Software Development at FrontPoint Security Solutions, LLC
- Director of Software Development and Quality Assurance at Transamerica
- Senior Software Architect at Transamerica
- Client Server Team Lead, Architect at Transamerica
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
MedMen brings class leading operational expertise and unprecedented investment to the fast changing and fast-growing cannabis industry as it moves from its gray market legacy to a fully regulated, legitimate and commercially viable market. Oversee all corporate software development, software security and cloud distributed systems. Direct the entire software development Team (10 software Engineers and DBAs).
• Architect and supervise the build of a distributed and scalable RESTful distributed Platform using .Net Core 2.0 Technologies (C#, Azure AD, Web APIs) and SQL Server 2017-MongoDB 3.6-Elastic Search-Redis for the distributed backend databases.
• Direct and re-architect the entire corporate Point of Sale system.
• Manage the re-write a corporate native iOS mobile applications.
- Director of Software Development at MEDMEN
- Principal IT Technology & Engineering at NUVECTRA
- Enterprise Architect at ULTRA MOBILE
- Chief Software Platform Architect at MUVE MUSIC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science and Mathematics