San Diego, CA 2011 - Present
MaxLinear provides highly integrated radio-frequency (RF) analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for broadband communications applications
Director of Software Engineering
• Software Architect who can lend clarity to ambiguous customer requirements.
• Leading teams on projects like Remote-PHY (D3.0, D3.1), 400 Gbs Optical PHY, LNB, GPS through design, FPGA/ASIC and Continuous Integration.
• Drive Hardware and Software partitioning; tracking CPU MIPS, Memory and power.
• Worked on SoC with multiple cores (Xtensa, ARM9); Vector processors interacting via shared bus and memory running ThreadX RTOS and Web Services.
• Developing a system using Machine learning to triage JIRA Bugs which is improving the fix rate of bugs
• Filed 3 patents; one granted
- Director of Software Engineering at MAXLINEAR
- Consultant at MICROTREND TECHNOLOGIES
- Principal Engineer at STACCATO
8 years at this Job
- M.S. - Software Systems
- Diploma in Advanced Computing - Advanced Computing
- B.S. - Information Systems
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
PITTSBURGH, PA (Dec 2018 - Present) Coupa Software, 1200+ employees; SaaS provider of spend management Sr. Director of Software Engineering Opus Global's Hiperos product and team was purchased by Coupa Software. In addition to my previous responsibilities, I have been installed as the Pittsburgh, PA site leader.
- Sr. Director of Software Engineering at COUPA SOFTWARE
- Vice President of Software Development at OPUS GLOBAL, INC
- Senior Director of Software Engineering at DATTO, INC
- at DATTO, INC
1 month at this Job
Reported to the VP of Engineering, provided vision and leadership for the Test business unit's software engineering, software QA and technical communications organization in the delivery of test and measurement solutions to determine the performance and reliability of vehicles, aircraft, civil structures and materials.
• Mentored and provided leadership for engineering managers in the delivery of a wide range of software products, enabling sales and revenue growth.
• Partnered with the director of marketing creating a cross functional new product introduction stage-gate process resulting in significant improvement of product quality at market launch.
• Coordinated, provided process oversight, and managed the Test business unit's R&D and Continuation Engineering $20M investment portfolio, enabling revenue growth.
• Provided governance and review of the Platform Market Segment's $8M annual investment, which resulted in a renewed focus on control hardware, control and application software, and hydro-mechanical product lines.
• Provided hands on leadership including voice of customer visits, requirements synthesis, vision and scope for next generation control solution receiving approval through the CEO level of management, on target to ensure the long-term success of the business unit.
• Fostered current and initiated new offshore software development relationships resulting in a cost-effective flexible capacity for current and next generation product developments resulting in a cost savings of over $1M annually.
• Represented all engineering functions on a revenue focused task team which helped identify projects at risk and drive mitigation strategies to consistently meet quarterly revenue targets resulting in predictable revenue forecasts.
- Director of Software Engineering at MTS Systems Corporation
- Software Engineering Manager at Patrick Dziuk
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a Computer Emphasis
General Leadership: In m y role as a director, I have been accountable for leading my organizations effectively through managing budgets of millions of dollars, making hard decisions on resource and global staffing, negotiating professional service contracts, and affecting change. In all cases, I played a major role in acquiring, developing, and leading elite engineering and managerial talent to make my staff successful. Shared Business Services: Built new organization from new and existing resource to drive results in maintaining in-market software and formulizing a strategy to replace them with four new cloud-native (AWS) platforms. These platforms were architected to provide the global business with a set of common tools and services to support forms creation and implementation, content management for all dealer business artifacts, output services to allow for viewing, signing, and cloud printing of content, and a de-coupled, cloud version of our payment processing product that allowed for using multiple payment gateways while avoiding PCI compliance issues. Fixed Operations: As the leader of this department responsible for automotive service and parts sales/inventory, I implemented change and thought management to an existing suite of products. Changes to leadership structure allowed for more distributed ownership and clearer lines of responsibility to the on-shore and off-shore staff. Implemented tool changes and advocated consolidation of development and production environment resources to use a broader, multi-tenant approach.
- Director of Software Engineering at CDK Global
- Software Development Manager at ADP Dealer Services
- Senior Software Developer at ADP Dealer Services
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
Lead multiple development teams of software engineers, analysts, QA, UX designers, and project managers to deliver high quality customer-facing online products and content systems. Oversee the software development life cycle from requirements analysis, UI design, technical architecture and design, implementation, testing, to release. Manage and mentor global teams consisting of employees, domestic contractors, offshore vendors, and professional services. Provide strategic direction for product and content development working closely with business development, operations, and executive management to deliver innovative and customer focused solutions.
• Authored, gained approval, and led the execution of a multi-year $15+MM investment case to create Enterprise Entity Masters (MDM) for LexisNexis which provides authoritative master data on attorneys, law firms, judges, courts, government agencies, corporations, and expert witnesses. This content is foundational for LN products for profiles, linking, analytics, and semantic search capabilities, resulting in 100x increase in content enrichment on billions of documents. The systems were developed on Informatica MDM and LN Big Data HPCC platform with extensive use of ETL, XML, and SOA technologies. Partnered with Global Editorial and Business teams to put in place master data models, methodologies, governance, and processes to manage this content.
• Led the overhaul of the LexisNexis Law Firm Website platform, to create a highly scalable multi-tenant content management platform which hosts over 10,000 subscription law firm websites used for law firm marketing and web visibility. This platform increased product functionality and search engine optimization leading to increased customer retention and revenue. This large scale project was implemented on a .NET platform using the Sitecore content management system with extensive use of CSS and AJAX, and completed in a very aggressive timeframe.
• Led and implemented the global sourcing model for the Lexis Nexis Client Development engineering department. Coordinated and led all aspects of the sourcing model including strategy, risk assessments, vendor evaluation, SLA and contract review, financial analysis, communications, and execution. This resulted in cost savings of over $3MM per year.
- Director of Software Engineering at LexisNexis
- at LexisNexis
- Senior Software Architect at LexisNexis
- Vice-President, Firmwide Risk Systems at Goldman Sachs & Co
16 years, 9 months at this Job
- Executive Education - Leadership
- Master of Science - Information Management
- BS - Computer Engineering
Consolidated all product development teams (developers, testers, and technical writers) in a single offshore location; efforts significantly accelerated the development process by aligning objectives and bridging communication between teams.
• Modernized QMF, the company's flagship Business Intelligence product, integrating software solutions, enabling its expansion into new markets, and accelerating the release cycle from 3 years to 6 months.
• Directed development for the QMF product, including designing and implementing scaled Agile processes, the release process workflow, and a new architecture to quickly build web, mobile and z/OS versions.
• Grew the QA team from 2 to 12 people and the development team from 4 to 24, significantly improving the quality of the product, reducing time-to-market, and increasing the capabilities of QMF.
• Created effective communication channels for key customers, exceeding SLA time requirements when addressing customer issues and streamlining solution implementation times (from weeks to days).
• Pioneered the development of an efficient process for customers to report issues, for the development team to investigate them and build a fix, for the QA team to test it, and for the packaging team to deliver it.
• Mobilized a 40+ person organization in streamlining the software development process, as well as transferring knowledge from Russia to India; development operations were moved from the US to Russia a few years ago, and then from Russia to India.
• Introduced mandatory code scanning and vulnerability detection into the development process for every new release.
- Director of Software Engineering at ROCKET SOFTWARE, INC
- at ROCKET SOFTWARE, INC
- Manager of Software Engineering at ROCKET SOFTWARE, INC
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER at APPLIED TECHNOLOGIES
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - APPLIED PHYSICS
· Responsibilities: o Overseeing a worldwide department of 30+ developers, ensuring that we provide quality work to our Stakeholders while also being as efficient as possible. o Mentoring and developing leaders on each of the Software Engineering teams. o Project Management responsibilities for the entire Software Engineering department, including driving sync meetings and project retrospectives. o Working with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, and Operational Leaders to make improvements to the initiative lifecycle. o Researching and developing improvements to the way the organization plans roadmaps. o Overseeing the interview process for several key positions within the organization. o Overseeing the budget for the department, to make sure we are meeting or exceeding expectations. o Creating and maintaining process documentation for all Software Engineering teams. · Transferred day-to-day responsibilities to Team Leads as I was transitioning into this Senior role. This included handing off Sprint ceremonies and several of my 1-1’s with ICs. · Began a regularly scheduled Department Meetings for the Software Engineering organization, to improve communication throughout the department. This is on a six-week cadence. · Utilized Microsoft Stream (video service similar to YouTube) to improve process documentation within the organization. · Instituted Weekly Community Meetings on each of the Software Engineering teams, to improve cross-team-member communication, and to give team-members an opportunity to share knowledge. · Worked with QA and DevOps to greatly improve the reporting we had for Defect and Bug metrics. · Developed a Weekly Status Update to track Sprint Health, Defect Rate, Production Bug Escape Rate, and Project Status. · Made many improvements to our JIRA Issue Templates to make it easier for Stakeholders to write Stories, especially when only a small change was required. · Oversaw the revamp of our App Release Checklists to include QA and Product steps, which were previously on separate Checklists. This greatly improved communication between the different groups. · With input from the Team Leads, worked to revamp many aspects of our Annual Review process. · Made significant improvements to the organization's time tracking.
- Director of Software Engineering at GOLDEN FROG, GmbH
- Software Development Manager at GOLDEN FROG, GmbH
- Engineering Manager at THINK TECH LABS
- Software Developer at MULTIMEDIA GAMES
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Game Development
Agile, Scrum, CI/CD
● Hired 21 engineers in the USA and India
● Managed 5 teams of Software engineers
● Managed the development of 4 full-sized software development projects from design to production release and beyond
● Managed the development of numerous smaller software development projects
● Consistently met tight deadlines
● Assumed the role of project manager in addition to technical manager
● Created a strong team culture
● Implemented an Agile SCRUM processes in an environment that was used to waterfall processes.
● In process of moving the company toward a Continuous Deployment environment
- Director of Software Engineering at Finicity Corporation
- Senior Software Engineer at Software Technology Group
- Software Engineer, Valdez International at Family Search
- Software Engineer at Tomax Corporation
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - IT Software Engineering
Oversee all aspects of development and quality assurance. Accountable for all customer-facing and internal software products and services.
• Lead realignment of Scrum teams to clearly-defined products instead of technologies
• Lead transition from monolithic Java application to microservice architecture
• Drove initiatives to improve automation and reduce/eliminate barriers to release new features
• Lead transition to outcome-driven planning and prioritization based on OKRs
- Director of Software Engineering at Freedom Financial Network
- Senior Frontend Engineer at Freedom Financial Network
- Software Engineering Manager at Bills.com
- Web Developer at Bills.com
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school
Manages a growing team of Software Engineers, Front-End Developers, Project Manages a growing team of Software Engineers, Front-End Developers, Project Managers and Digital Marketing Specialists. Identifies weaknesses and take the necessary steps to turn them into strengths. Implements new processes to improve quality, increase efficiency and enhance the value we provide to our clients. Responsible for recruiting and hiring talent for the department. Provides training for the team and implement training plans for individuals. Works with the CEO, COO and other Directors to develop and implement strategies for growth, improved quality and increased operational efficiency. Develops reports on specific metrics and KPIs using Power BI. Architects and develops complex technical solutions that are scalable and align to both short-term and long-term business goals. Provides creative direction on projects to ensure we produce an effective and engaging user experience that aligns with the clients brand. Works with project leads to deliver solutions that exceed client expectations. Interfaces with clients as a trusted advisor to provide guidance and collaborate on planning solutions that help them achieve their goals. Serves as the primary sales engineer for all web related and digital marketing related projects. Researches and analyzes new technologies before making decisions to build out offering around them. Maintains certifications as a Kentico Certified Developer and Kentico Certified Marketer for all available platforms. Obtained the new HubSpot Inbound Certification and is currently working toward additional HubSpot certifications. Won a silver Addy award from the American Ad Federation. Was named a Superior Performer for Bit-Wizards.
- Director of Software Engineering at Bit-Wizards
- Director of Digital Strategy at Bit-Wizards
- Director of Web Development at Bit-Wizards
- Lead Web Designer at Bit-Wizards
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Information Systems