San Diego, CA 2011 - Present
MaxLinear provides highly integrated radio-frequency (RF) analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for broadband communications applications
Director of Software Engineering
• Software Architect who can lend clarity to ambiguous customer requirements.
• Leading teams on projects like Remote-PHY (D3.0, D3.1), 400 Gbs Optical PHY, LNB, GPS through design, FPGA/ASIC and Continuous Integration.
• Drive Hardware and Software partitioning; tracking CPU MIPS, Memory and power.
• Worked on SoC with multiple cores (Xtensa, ARM9); Vector processors interacting via shared bus and memory running ThreadX RTOS and Web Services.
• Process data locally using Machine learning running on IoT Edge devices and log triaged data to Azure cloud.
• Filed 3 patents; one granted
- Director of Software Engineering at MAXLINEAR
- Consultant at MICROTREND TECHNOLOGIES
- Principal Engineer at STACCATO
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Software Systems
- Diploma in Advanced Computing - Advanced Computing
- B.S. - Information Systems
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Director of Software Engineering at WELLSKY
- Solutions Architect at EAGLE CREEK SOFTWARE SERVICES
- Director of Software Development at TBG
- Manager, Applications Architecture, Enterprise Applications Group at FORCEPOINT
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- M.S. Management - Information Technology
- B.A.A.S. - Applied Arts and Sciences
PITTSBURGH, PA (Dec 2018 - Present) Coupa Software, 1200+ employees; SaaS provider of spend management Sr. Director of Software Engineering Opus Global's Hiperos product and team was purchased by Coupa Software. In addition to my previous responsibilities, I have been installed as the Pittsburgh, PA site leader.
- Sr. Director of Software Engineering at COUPA SOFTWARE
- Vice President of Software Development at OPUS GLOBAL, INC
- Senior Director of Software Engineering at DATTO, INC
- at DATTO, INC
3 months at this Job
02/2008 - 02/2015 HealthTrio is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider for the healthcare Virtual Reading coach launched in 2012 and market, providing health plans with enterprise solutions which enable better introduced the K-12 space to effective adaptation in outcomes and lower costs learning. By leveraging early machine learning- Led the software engineering teams responsible for the HealthTrio Connect(TM) and concepts, MVRC is capable of adapting its Smart Exchange(TM) product lines, supporting over 5 million lives and generating instructional delivery based on the learning style of $17mm annually the student - Introduced Agile methods, enabling measurable acceleration in engineering > http://mindplay.com/- Established innovation lab to rapidly prototype for nearby market opportunities- Restructured UI/UX strategy to allow component-based development and 3M Motor Vehicle Systems responsive design using React JS
- Director of Software Engineering at HealthTrio
- Vice President at MindPlay
- Director of Engineering at MindPlay
- Software Development Team Lead at 3M Company
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B.s. - Computer Science
• Hired and built software engineering and quality assurance teams for work on 3 product lines
• Created and implemented software processes including product specifications, development, issue tracking, quality assurance, and deployment
• Created extensive documentation for manufacturing, applications engineering, and customers, enabling rapid ramp up of new engineers, testers, manufacturing and field support personnel
• Coordinated Agile bi-weekly milestones across related software, firmware and hardware functions using a RACI matrix through prototype and field trial phases
• Led rapid software enhancements and issue resolution during Field Trials and New Product Introduction of 2 products in 3 countries (US, Mexico and China)
• For Stackit Product for Automated Assembly of Running Shoe Uppers:
• Led Stackit Software development from concept to revenue-generating product
• Architected and implemented cross-platform software package utilizing ROS and Cognex Vision
• Designed and implemented innovative pattern recognition algorithm to locate fabric parts with arbitrary colorways exclusively based on CAD data
• Designed and implemented recipe generation algorithm transforming shoe assembly drawing into a tool-ready recipe with optimized robot part placement
• Designed and implemented a machine control GUI using a web-based REST API to communicate with the main controller, allowing for remote control of the Stackit. Tool
• For Meterit Product for Automated Product Flow in Logistics:
• Re-architected prototype Meterit software for reliability, security, deployment, scalability, and increased capability
• Improved MTBF to over four weeks overcoming electrical and hardware faults.
• Expanded web-based user interface to eliminate the need for most command line maintenance and support tasks
• Designed and implemented algorithms for identifying jammed packages
• Created and authored algorithms for minimizing package slippage under adverse environmental conditions
- Director of Software Engineering at Grabit, Inc
- Senior Member, Technical Staff at zSpace, Inc
- Senior Software Engineer at RESTORATION ROBOTICS, INC
- Staff Software Engineer at THERMA-WAVE, INC
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Mechanical Engineering
Responsible for leading and managing a development team of managers, tech leads, UI and software engineers supporting delivery of business and technical value in an Agile SAFe environment; resource management - hiring, training, coaching, leading change; engineering lead of a Release Train comprising the engineering team that completes initiatives for Autotrader as well as multiple consumer facing and inventory supporting applications; providing solution architecture, design, strategy, forecasting and budgeting; development of processes and solutions for Autotrader's core site and supporting applications.
- Director of Software Engineering at Cox Automotive
- Senior Engineering Manager at AutoTrader.com
- Product Engineering Manager at AutoTrader.com
- Engineering Manager at AutoTrader.com
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
• Created from the ground up the most successful software engineering group in the company. Managed multiple geographically distributed software development teams in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Directed all engineering activities and led the group through all stages of critical instrumentation development projects.
• Established an offshore software development organization that allowed rapid project expansion and saved us millions of dollars in development cost per year.
• Guided the design and implementation of the company's new software foundation. Successfully launched several innovative products in a very short time and using limited resources. This included instrumentation and software for DNA sequencing, extraction, and imaging, software for instrument control and analysis of biological data.
• Responsible for strategic guidance and advancement of the company’s software development in new directions – mobile and cloud development, IoT, distributed, service-oriented design, modern user interface, modularity and reusability.
• Supervised all aspects of the software project management. Generated development plans, product requirements, test and release plans. Created and tracked software project schedules, managed software quality assurance and release activities.
• Established an efficient and flexible software development process. Defined and monitored process activities and metrics, established code and design documentation standards, code reviews and acceptance processes. Ensured compliance with regulatory requirements and development standards.
- Director of Software Engineering at Promega Corporation
- Software Engineering Manager at Tecan Systems, Inc
- Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft Corporation
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Certificate - Project Management
- MS - Electrical Engineering
Managing multiple teams comprised of full-time and contract resources (on and offshore). Implementing and supporting improvements in the following areas:
• Sprint Execution
• Project Planning & Estimation
• Engineering Tools and Best Practices Led the turn-around of a failing project/platform. The platform was built by a team of nearly 13 offshore resources, with weak leadership. The team is now comprised of 2 full-time employees and 1 contractor and is one of the highest revenue generating products in the company. Led the redesign of the company’s public web site. The initial re-design was done with minimal oversight and an offshore team. The successful redesign was done with 3 full-time employees and was implemented in half the time, with significantly better results. Reduced the cost of one of the company’s most expensive software licenses from nearly $1.5M annually to $475K annually. This was accomplished by taking the ownership that was previously lacking and making sure the company was only paying for the features it was using. Led some of the first teams to implement fully automated deployments within ACT’s DEVOPS pipeline.
- Director of Software Engineering at ACT
- Director of Product Development - Domains at GoDaddy
- Information Technology Manager - Transamerica Capital Management Division at AEGON
- Information Technology Team Lead - Investments Division at AEGON
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
• Product development and program management. Managed R&D programs at Apple and other companies in Mobile embedded FW/SW development.
• Investigated technologies, system and software architecture, OS/Linux and Open Source software for WiFi embedded consumer products.
• Defined engineering strategies and development plans.
- Director of Software Engineering at Netux Tech.
- Senior Software Engineering Manager at HGST, a Western Digital Company
- Division Manager (Director) R&D at Konica Minolta Laboratories
- Senior Software Engineering Manager, Ericsson at Redback Networks
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- B. Tech - Electrical Engineering
- M. Tech. Courses - Electrical Engineering
- M.S. - Computer Science
• Lead and direct the strategic activity of multiple full stack delivery teams distributed across three countries and two continents
• Coordinated and Transitioned the Universal Publishing Platform product from an on premises OpenShift cluster to the Google Cloud Platform.
• Design and architect the micro service based Universal Print Platform (UPP) and associated integrations
• Implementation of Continuous Integration, Deployment, and Delivery techniques using GitLab
• Drive the cultural shift toward DevOps company wide
• Manage resourcing and timelines across strategic business initiatives and multi year themes
• Direct the professional development of 20+ software engineers across multiple backend, frontend, QA, and Infrastructure disciplines
• Develop department wide budgeting and product level revenue forecasting. Along with both domestic and international hiring.
• Management of vendor and partner relationships and licensing.
- Director of Software Engineering at Lulu Press
- Group Manager | Sr. Software Engineer at Genesys
- Group Manager | Sr. Software Engineer at Interactive Intelligence
- Sr. QA Engineer at OrgSpan
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Computer Science